Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44068 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Tonim(f): 3:38pm On May 21, 2008
Mpele:

I think that we must have a culture of thinking before we open our mouths or before we type anything. Let us deal with real issue. World Cup has nothing to do with Xenophobia. I know that there is lot of resentment towards South Africa and its citizens even before these attacks. Many of you have always had natural hatred for South Africa. Let us not use these attacks as a justification for your hatred.

Where did you get the idea that Nigerians are jealous of or hate black south africans ? You keep repeating this
but I am yet to make sense of it.

The average Nigerian is not jealous of any other african country; we just want resources within our country spread equitably
across the regions and trickle down from the ruling class. If anything, most african countries are jealous of us.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 3:40pm On May 21, 2008
Can we get this back on track people?

It would be a shame if it descends into talk of world cup and petty things like that.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by malaika(f): 3:43pm On May 21, 2008
Our boys at work

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 3:44pm On May 21, 2008
Mpele:

Yes I think that it was necessary for me to do that because some Morpheus said that the world cup must be taken away from us. South Africa earned this world cup. It was not given to us like Germany. We earned the right to host it through sheer hardwork. Just because some morons decide to beat up people the your some insane Nigerian thinks that the world cup must be taken away from us hell no!! Countries like America that wiped out Vietnamesse hosted the world cup in 94. Germany that wiped out more than a million Jews hosted the world cup in 1974 and 2006, did your people complain NO! Just because some Nigerian illegal immigrant was beatern up in Johannesburg you now think that the World Cup must be taken away from us. Its high time Nigerians realises that their voices don't hold water anywhere. There is this underlying jelousy about South Africa from Nigerians.

Always wanting South Africa to fail. HANDS OFF THE WORLD CUP
Jelousy is the last emotion I am feeling right now toward SA. I mention boycotting the World cup to mirror the seriousness of the events taking place. At this point in time I don't think it will matter much in changing 2010, but if you feel the incidents that are taking place in the country are not affecting  people's comfortable levels and what they might experience during the upcoming events then you are wrong.

The objective is to keep pressure on your government so they don't underestimate the implications of allowing such riots to go on for several number of days, even moving to Durban now.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 3:45pm On May 21, 2008
Mpele:

Let us deal with real issue. World Cup has nothing to do with Xenophobia. I know that there is lot of resentment towards South Africa and its citizens even before these attacks. Many of you have always had natural hatred for South Africa. Let us not use these attacks as a justification for your hatred.

hmmmmmmm

the real issue is the world cup, you are saying?

as per the bolded- you can't be serious. warped logic trying to justify the riots.

only shows you yourself harbor this kind of genocidal hatred, otherwise you wouldnt be so quick to imagine hatred in others. undecided
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 3:49pm On May 21, 2008
londoner:

@Sheniqua, it is quite alarming isn't it. Then again thats what happens if you imprison someone to the point where they identify themselves as a captive. Even if released they can't function without the familiar comfort of a cell.

As if Aparteid is the only solution to adequate immigration practices and constant electricity. Its one thing to be free physically, but mental freedom is a whole different process.

@ Mpele, the only person going on about the world cup on this thread is you actually.

My sister na so I see am o.
When I lived in England,I had a few friends from SA,lesotho and Botswana and they were great people.
That was my first time in contact with Southern Africans and the first thing I noticed was their worship of whites.
Then I noticed they had no native clothing.
They made dumpling and soup for their indegenous foods and loved my moin moin and jellof rice.
I couldn't eat their own foods.
There was almost nothing African about the South Africans especially.
And the other Southern Africans thought South Africa was heaven on earth.

I also learnt that  black Southern Africans had preferential treatment for white people as almost a rule.
For instance,a white man would jump in line ahead of blacks at the airports and stores as a right.
I'm not saying called to the front,he just walked up and was served and in airports in Botswana they had a different shorter line for whites and of course a longer line for blacks.
That is slavery mentality.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Blatant: 3:58pm On May 21, 2008
I spoke to a friend who lives in SA yesterday and he told me that Nigerians are not really the target of these people.

I was also privileged to have a chat with a S. African journalist earlier this week and he told us about the mentality of Black South Africans. What he said was like saying that white people have brainwashed Black S. Africans to see themselves as inferior to white people but superior to other African people.

I dont know how far that is true but the guy was very sad when he told us.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 4:01pm On May 21, 2008
Blatant:

I spoke to a friend who lives in SA yesterday and he told me that Nigerians are not really the target of these people.

I was also privileged to have a chat with a S. African journalist earlier this week and he told us about the mentality of Black South Africans. What he said was like saying that white people have brainwashed Black S. Africans to see themselves as inferior to white people but superior to other African people.

I don't know how far that is true but the guy was very sad when he told us.

Nigerians may not be the target but it's just a matter of time if this continues.
Mr adeola Okoye may not look very different from a Zimbabwean and the bullets and machetes will not descriminate.
The brainwashing is the same isuue with black Americans
They feel superior to africans and beneath whites.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by omoovie(f): 4:02pm On May 21, 2008
Mpele from this:

I'm South African and guys I'm also so ashamed of what is happening here. Most of the people who are doing this are the poor ones, who feel that foreigners are taking their jobs and also contributing to the hifh crime levels. Well some are contributing to the crime levels and also drugs, but that does not justify what's happening here today. Pres Mbeki and former Pres Nelso Mandela has also condemned the xenophobic attacks.

The government is now going to send the army into the township to deal with the barbaric thugs who killed people. Guys please not all of us are like that. I've lived with Nigerian, Ghanaian, Ivorian brothers for 6 years now and they're all great people. I've been to Accra and Abuja and now I'm scared to come back there because now I don't know how you gusys are going to treat me. Not all South Africans are bad,  both Black and White.

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOUR PEOPLE IN OUR COUNTRY.

And this:

By the way guys I'll be coming to Abuja on the 1st of June when Bafana Bafana takes on the Super Eagles. I'll come back to South Africa on the 4th. That means I'll have 2 days to tour Abuja. I'm looking foward to the trip. My dream will be finally realised. I;ve been dreaming of visiting Nigeria especially Lagos. I've only been to Dakar in Senegal and Accra in Ghana. Hopefully the two giants will rise to the occasion. They must justify their giant status as they only won the AFRICAN CUP of Nations three times between themselves (Nigeria 2 times, South Africa once).

Looking foward to seeing some fine ladies there.

To this:

Londoner is right, if our government does'nt act South Africa will have a civil war. Signs are already there. For instance the Sotho speaking group is found in SA and Lesotho, the Tswana group in SA and Botswana, the Shaangans in both SA and Mozambique and the Ndebele and the Zulus are also found in Zimbabwe. This means that we are attacking our brothers. Even now Ndebele South Africans are being attacked.

South African Indians who are approx; 4 Million have had a good relationship with black South Africans, but now guese what? they are now also being attacked by these raging lunatics. I'm saying that it should happen but I ask myself on why white people are not attacked. I'm telling you if white people where attacked, Britain and the USA would've been the first to condemn. Our government would've unleashed the army into the townships.

Now they're just saying oh! these are lowly litttle Africans, (Lets just send in a bunch of policemen with rubber bullets). This country used to be in the good hands of the white government and also Nelson Mandela. To tell the truth, our lives used to be so nice during the apartheid era. I was born in that era, and I'm telling you, we used to move freely, no crime to speak of. During the white government the influx of foreigners was controlled. Nigerians who were here, were the ones who came to work. For instance I can't just come to Nigeria without a purpose. I must come there to contribute to the economic growth of the country.

And these:

You can voice your anger in anyway you like about the attacks. You can insult us anyway you like, but hands off the 2010 wolrd cup. If want to see war then just try to temper with it. Sepp Blatter made it clear on Monday that the world cup is on full steam. I'm beginning to see an element of jealousy from Nigerians about the world cup. If Nigerians don't like the fact that 2010 is coming here then tough luck! If you say the world cup must be taken away from us then where should it go, to your country. Nigeria can't even host the AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS.

THERE WORLD CUP WILL GO ON. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS

Apartheid was bad but at least there level of crime was low, there was no electricity powercuts and we didn't have so many illegal immigrants. We wouldn't have such problems now if we had a white president or Mandela was still the president. Our borders were opened and South Africans were not warned that the whole of Africa is coming this side. You must understand that many South Africans don't know anything about Africa. They don't even know where is Nigeria located or Ghana or Egypt. They actually don't give a damn about Africa. Ask any South African teenager about Africa you'll be horified. The government should have taught our people about Africa and Africans in general.

[b]
It is now obvious you are of the same position as those people in your country mutilating, destroying and killing their fellow blacks by virtue of rampant xenophobia and pointless, senseless hatred. You just think you are better than them because you have a better education or didn’t join them to break houses, burn human beings and rape foreign women. Your onion layers are slowly peeling away and it is getting clearer and clearer to me that the same disease of xenophobia that is worrying your country has tainted you too. That same ball of hate and “kolomentality” resides in your gut. It may have built as a result of so many years of oppression and apartheid but it is rebounding on the brothers and sisters who stood with you when you were oppressed. May God help all of you in SA and may God help us Nigerians too because crappy as our country is (and this is an understatement), loud, pessimistic and passive-in-the-face-of-trauma-or-injustice as we are we do not deserve to be treated the way we are treated at home and abroad. Obviously the black man’s mind is a fickle one steadfastly claiming temporary amnesia when it suits him and caving to whoever is in power lacking cohesion and solidarity when it is most necessary. [/b]
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 21, 2008
omoovie:

Mpele from this:

And this:

To this:

And these:

[b]
It is now obvious you are of the same position as those people in your country mutilating, destroying and killing their fellow blacks by virtue of rampant xenophobia and pointless, senseless hatred. You just think you are better than them because you have a better education or didn’t join them to break houses, burn human beings and rape foreign women. Your onion layers are slowly peeling away and it is getting clearer and clearer to me that the same disease of xenophobia that is worrying your country has tainted you too. That same ball of hate and “kolomentality” resides in your gut. It may have built as a result of so many years of oppression and apartheid but it is rebounding on the brothers and sisters who stood with you when you were oppressed. May God help all of you in SA and may God help us Nigerians too because crappy as our country is (and this is an understatement), loud, pessimistic and passive-in-the-face-of-trauma-or-injustice as we are we do not deserve to be treated the way we are treated at home and abroad. Obviously the black man’s mind is a fickle one steadfastly claiming temporary amnesia when it suits him and caving to whoever is in power lacking cohesion and solidarity when it is most necessary. [/b]

OH give me a BREAK!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by abdurrazaq(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2008
I find this hard to believe. Zimbabwe, Nigeria, etc are equally experiencing hardship as the S. Africans do. Speaking of Nigeria, I've not heard of any event when Nigerians decide to kill foreigners just we are suffering.
The most important thing now is for the S.A Government to make sure peace reigns again in the streets of S.A so that there will be enough time for the remaining immigrants that are still lucky to be alive to find their way back home. Whether Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Congolese or anybody else, there is no justification to what the South Africans have been doing in the last few days (and don't tell me it is not all of them because, all Nigerians are branded fraudsters even, when we know that not all of us are that bad)

Please let no Nigerian on this thread bring up or argue the case of the 2010 World Cup again because, the life of just one of these victims is more important than that sh*t (2010 World Cup, another reason to loot the treasury of S.A)

@Mpele, Enjoy the World Cup. I am even happy that Nigeria lose the hosting right. We love football here more than you the S.Ans but, we don't discuss such petty things in-between important issues like the one at hand. That is why there is Sports segment on this forum
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 4:10pm On May 21, 2008
omoovie:

Mpele from this:

And this:

To this:

And these:

[b]

excellent observation of the cha cha cha she's been dancing on this thread.
I look at the picture of the police officers she posted,their skin color and looks are no different from the ones in Aba and Ibadan
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2008
sheniqua:

Nigerians may not be the target but it's just a matter of time if this continues.
Mr adeola Okoye may not look very different from a Zimbabwean and the bullets and machetes will not descriminate.
The brainwashing is the same isuue with black Americans
They feel superior to africans and beneath whites.
true words, not like the bullets can recognise a Nigerian and someone that aint, so the issue should be SA govt trying to stop this whole stuff before it actually escalates more than whats on now.
Blatant:

I don't know how far that is true but the guy was very sad when he told us.
brainwashed to go about killing their fellow skin color people?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by OgaMadam(f): 4:16pm On May 21, 2008
As a southerner, although not south african,

May i apologise, for this inhumane treatment, not only of nigerians, but currently also zimbabweans.

Its not the white man whos our threat, but our own selves.

There was a man on a programme who said before, Nigerian artists did not make money unless they
sang about apartheid, and then when apartheid was over they were almost out of work.

We can only beat our breasts in shame, at how the west probably treats nigerians better, than
their own african brothers and sisters,

Theres gotta be a better way to control immigration than killing and violence.

ACCEPT OUR APOLOGY.

Madam.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 4:17pm On May 21, 2008
@Blatant, you are right on the money. You have described the mentality. Sadly, it is all over Africa in varying degrees. Come to think of it, Brazil, Carribeans, America you name it, just about everywhere descendents of Africa find themselves.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by romeo(m): 4:35pm On May 21, 2008
Mpele:

Apartheid was bad but at least there level of crime was low, there was no electricity powercuts and we didn't have so many illegal immigrants. We wouldn't have such problems now if we had a white president or Mandela was still the president. Our borders were opened and South Africans were not warned that the whole of Africa is coming this side. [b]You must understand that many South Africans don't know anything about Africa. They don't even know where is Nigeria located or Ghana or Egypt. They actually don't give a damn about Africa. Ask any South African teenager about Africa you'll be horified. [/b]The government should have taught our people about Africa and Africans in general.

Yeah i knew most black South Africans are illiterates, but i didn't know the level is so high!! thanks for the info cheesy
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 4:47pm On May 21, 2008
And we're wondering why they would attack immigrants?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by omoovie(f): 4:52pm On May 21, 2008
Kobojunkie:

OH give me a BREAK!!!

Sure. But honestly, I wasn't talking to u. When your cybername becomes Mpele, address me then.

Thanks.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by landis(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2008
Violence against foreigners in South Africa has spread outside Johannesburg to the port city of Durban.

Police say a group armed with stones and bottles had threatened Nigerians and damaged their property overnight.

It prompted about 700 African migrants to seek refuge in a nearby church while in Cape Town a safety forum has been set up to try to prevent violence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7412128.stm
what is yara-il + Madueke doing?

when will they deploy 3rd Marine Commando to evacuate Nigerians?

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by romeo(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2008
Look at their ugly faces angry angry angry
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 5:11pm On May 21, 2008
landis:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7412128.stm
what is yara-il + Madueke doing?

when will they deploy 3rd Marine Commando to evacuate Nigerians?

you see am
all those foaming at the mouth that Nigerians were not targetted can see what some of us have been saying.
Imagine the animals coming at people with hammers and shovels.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 5:13pm On May 21, 2008
romeo:

Look at their ugly faces angry angry angry

ROFL
see the one to the immediate left holding a small carved girraffe as his weapon of warfare.
He needs to go and give birth first
see his tummy and visible erection

I wonder how my eyes went down there
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2008
sheniqua:

you see am
all those foaming at the mouth that Nigerians were not targetted can see what some of us have been saying.
Imagine the animals coming at people with hammers and shovels.
God save all my brothers and sistas over there.
sheniqua:

see his tummy and visible erection
sheniqua ur eye sharp no be small al d way down there?LOL grin
hoping MFA has began an evacuation programme
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On May 21, 2008
Deploy to evacuate Nigerians?? From the news I have read so far, most foreigners are out in camps set up to protect them. Not sure if that is even close to enough but I hope the governments of african countries realize that this problem needs to be dealt with THE RIGHT way.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 5:28pm On May 21, 2008
And you people will still not agree with me to BOYCOTT, maybe when you see it continue till the end of the week.

The government is trying to ride this storm and hope in a couple of days we will forget this ever happened.

How do you convince a nation that this type of act will not be tolerated other than putting pressure on them with any leverage you have.

My cousins live in Durban in the area this is going on and are terrified to go anywhere now.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 5:38pm On May 21, 2008
may God protect them from these almajiris of south Africa
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by darfur(m): 5:43pm On May 21, 2008
God will protect them, and their south african brothers from poor govt leadership

both the black south africans and their nigerian brothers are victims of a horrendous system
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 21, 2008
the human race. . .  tongue
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On May 21, 2008
Boycott?? In Africa works??

dee02:

[size=14pt]Nigerians are too quick to take sides when it comes to issues___**

The ones that don't know the rudiments of the story are the ones that make the most noise

Everyone roars like wounded lions in the name of patriotism
[/size]

**this is one of the many issues that we should put aside sentiments and start using reason to disect so we can arrive at lasting solutions to problems in africa.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Dreloaded(f): 6:28pm On May 21, 2008
you stole dee's quote from another thread

How can you compare the issue of British Airways with the madness of SA?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 6:29pm On May 21, 2008
Please  make your feels known by sending an email to the below address

Ps only voice your concerns as to the situation bearing in mind that the consulate is located in the United States.

Do not use any derogatory language when sending an email. I sent one and was replied to stating the governments efforts in trying to deal with the situation.  This is the least I can do in making my voice heard.

ambassador.washington@foreign.gov.za
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 6:43pm On May 21, 2008
D-reloaded:

How can you compare the issue of British Airways with the madness of SA?
i wonder o . like as if anyone got killed in BA saga, here we are talking of pple being murdered in cold blood,aint blaming SAs, am only blaming the govt for not taking any "bold" move to stop all these

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30)

Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Meet Fares & Firas Muhammad: Muslim Twins Serving In Israel's Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.