Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World (30479 Views)

Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / Employers Of Labour Should Consider Men Of Marriageable Age / Women Are Still Banned From These Things In Various Places Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by baby124: 7:34am On Jul 21, 2013
Picking stuff from dumb websites to validate your claim.Go to these states websites and look at your silliness in HD.

Rubbish. Where did you pick all this rubbish from? Perverts r us

4 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2013
LOBATAN cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by baby124: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2013
SECTION 20-1-300. Issuance of license to unmarried female and male under eighteen years of age when female is pregnant or has borne a child.

Notwithstanding the provisions of Sections 20-1-250 to 20-1-290, a marriage license may be issued to an unmarried female and male under the age of eighteen years who could otherwise enter into a marital contract, if such female be pregnant or has borne a child, under the following conditions:

(a) The fact of pregnancy or birth is established by the report or certificate of at least one duly licensed physician;

(b) She and the putative father agree to marry;

(c) Written consent to the marriage is given by one of the parents of the female, or by a person standing in loco parentis, such as her guardian or the person with whom she resides, or, in the event of no such qualified person, with the consent of the superintendent of the department of social services of the county in which either party resides;

(d) Without regard to the age of the female and male; and

(e) Without any requirement for any further consent to the marriage of the male.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 20-24.5; 1962 (52) 1704; 1972 (57) 2382.
SECTION 20-1-250. Applicants under age of consent; consent of relative or guardian.

marriage license must not be issued when either applicant is under the age of sixteen. When either applicant is between the ages of sixteen to eighteen and that applicant resides with father, mother, other relative, or guardian, the probate judge or other officer authorized to issue marriage licenses shall not issue a license for the marriage until furnished with a sworn affidavit signed by the father, mother, other relative, or guardian giving consent to the marriage.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t20c001.php

Those are the requirements for South Carolina and in the incident of pregnancy for a minor with another minor. No where does it say in the case of any situation that a pregnant minor can marry an adult. In fact, you will never get out of prison if you present yourself to the court for marriage. And the minimum age is 16, not 13, like your perverted source states. You come up with a dimwitted source of information to make your argument. Next time, do proper research and stop misinforming people.

10 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2013
So I'm a pervert now, no? grin

Well, since I turned 17, I've never had done nothing with anyone younger than 17. Heck, I was django-ing chics your age. grin My balls are too big for youngins, I handle big batty having aunts.

Help yourself out, Ms. Feminist_I_Know_it_All (this is for age consent for intercourse with adults not marriage but it should tell you all you need to know):

Today, the age of consent ranges from 14 to 18 years of age; in more than half of the states, the age of consent is 16
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2903097.html

^^^Look at the ages for Hawaii and South Carolina.

Anyway, I just created the topic for discourse. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by superior1: 7:46am On Jul 21, 2013
Thinking of sleeping with a 13 year old baby is the best way to know you have a mental and spiritual problem.

3 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by baby124: 7:46am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
So I'm a pervert now, no? grin

Well, since I turned 17, I've never had done nothing with anyone younger than 17. Heck, I was django-ing chics your age. grin My balls are too big for youngins, I handle big batty having aunts.

Help yourself out, Ms. Feminist_I_Know_it_All (this is for age consent for intercourse with adults not marriage but it should tell you all you need to know):

Today, the age of consent ranges from 14 to 18 years of age; in more than half of the states, the age of consent is 16
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/2903097.html

^^^Look at the ages for Hawaii and South Carolina.

Anyway, I just created the topic for discourse. undecided undecided

SOuth carolina is 16. You as an adult think you can have se*x with someone under 18 in America? Those ages are for their age mates. Please take a trip to america and try this. Then go to a court or police officer and tell them what you did. I dare your life. Walahi, if you make it out of prison, you should make juju sacrifices.

5 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 21, 2013
baby_123:

SOuth carolina is 16. You as an adult think you can have se*x with someone under 18 in America? Those ages are for their age mates. Please take a trip to america and try this. Then go to a court or police officer and tell them what you did. I dare your life. Walahi, if you make it out of prison, you should make juju sacrifices.

WTF are you on about and when did I assert that I wanted to have sex with someone younger than 21? Woman, discuss the topic and leave me out of it. What's there to talk about with an 18 year old?

Get a life! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by baby124: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

WTF are you on about and when did I assert that I wanted to have sex with someone younger than 21? Woman, discuss the topic and leave me out of it. What's there to talk about with an 18 year old?

Get a life! undecided

Desperate perv. Quoting perverted websites with false information. undecided. You have your paradise in the north, am sure those same senators will be glad to stick it up your 16year old as*s. They kuku cant tell the difference as long as the person is young. You should enjoy such company. undecided undecided. I think you should take your own advise and get a life! Stick to what you know. wikipedia professor. undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2013
I created a topic just to show the practice isn't just a Northern Nigerian thing and that it's practised by other cultures.

Myopic feminist: "you're a pervert for creating the topic."

WTF is wrong with these people? Now, I see why feminists are non-achieving lousy duffers that no one will ever take seriously. You lot need better foot-soldiers than all the clowns with blinkered brain cells running around like pikeys. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 21, 2013
baby_123:

Desperate perv. Quoting perverted websites with false information. undecided. You have your paradise in the north, am sure those same senators will be glad to stick it up your 16year old as*s. They kuku cant tell the difference as long as the person is young. You should enjoy such company. undecided undecided. I think you should take your own advise and get a life! Stick to what you know. wikipedia professor. undecided undecided

Ranted for like 15 mins, however you still haven't made any salient point worth debating. And where the hell did I quote wikipedia?

Why protest on the internet? - get ya ar.se off to Northern Nigeria and go protest there, cowardly feminist. undecided

Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by ihimami: 7:58am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
Keep arguing with yourself, I've got stuffs to do.

That was the same way the other lousy feminist, fellis, said women are more intelligent than men - only to end up posting the two most ridiculously dumb comments ever in quick succession, on the forum. I can't be ar.sed with people who have nothing worth debating. undecided undecided

Mr. Shym-x, you have made a very important submissions here and I agree with you completely. One thing I have come to realize about most commentators from southern part of Nigeria, is that they feel they are more intelligent and have a superior view about social order just because of western influence. This is the same attitude the Western world is exhibiting by trying to foist their way of life on the world despite the negative effects to human civilization, or how do you explain the idea of man marrying another man. The family value system which we practice in Africa is slowly being eroded due to this western influence through main stream media houses and social media.

3 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by 99cent: 7:58am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X, you are a pe.dophile if you support 13yr old children being married off to old men.

This is a world wide problem not just an islamic issue. the only difference is that islam is the biggest religion behind western christianity and therefore underage marriage is mostly seen in islam. but it is practiced in many places around the world including Asia, USA (among mormons and religious fundamentalists) and other places.

Only legal adults should be allowed to marry. simple.

6 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Pataki: 7:59am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Get a life! undecided
This is ridiculous. Why not lead by example huh?

If your claim to those marriageable places are true, go on and strap one of them teens for marriage there.

If you find it distasteful talking to an 18 year old girl, why are you trying to defend the madness of men probably old enough to be your father from Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 21, 2013
ihimami:

Mr. Shym-x, you have made a very important submissions here and I agree with you completely. One thing I have come to realize about most commentators from southern part of Nigeria, is that they feel they are more intelligent and have a superior view about social order just because of western influence. This is the same attitude the Western world is exhibiting by trying to foist their way of life on the world despite the negative effects to human civilization, or how do you explain the idea of man marrying another man. The family value system which we practice in Africa is slowly being eroded due to this western influence through main stream media houses and social media.

Thanks, bro.

That's all I'm saying, bro. I don't agree with cultural imperialism and I believe people should be allowed to evolve at their own pace.

However, these non-achieving and simple-minded nutters are now accusing me of being a pervert, for advising against the cultural imperialism that made Africa the way it's now. Psychotic white-washed pricks!

4 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by 99cent: 8:02am On Jul 21, 2013
the problem is that some people were signing the petition on that thread based on their hatred against islam or northerners rather than out of genuine concern for the young girls forced into marriage with older men.
but for anyone who is genuinely concerned, we see it as a problem no matter where it occurs. even if it's among christian sects (Mormons for example) or even in our backyard. it should be a crime world wide.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 21, 2013
99cent: ShyM-X, you are a pe.dophile if you support 13yr old children being married off to old men.

This is a world wide problem not just an islamic issue. the only difference is that islam is the biggest religion behind western christianity and therefore underage marriage is mostly seen in islam. but it is practiced in many places around the world including Asia, USA (among mormons and religious fundamentalists) and other places.

Only legal adults should be allowed to marry. simple.

And where did I support it?

Go read all my posts and quote where I supported it.

I said; let them evolve at their own pace and focus on your own problems.

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 21, 2013
Pataki:
This is ridiculous. Why not lead by example huh?

If your claim to those marriageable places are true, go on and strap one of them teens for marriage there.

If you find it distasteful talking to an 18 year old girl, why are you trying to defend the madness of men probably old enough to be your father from Nigeria?

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying - if it doesn't affect you, and if those that are affected directly aren't complaining - why cause distractions over something that has absolutely nothing to do with you?

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by 99cent: 8:05am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

And where did I support?

Go read all my posts and quote where I supported it.

I said; let them evolve at their own pace and focus on your own problems.

This is what you said, and I quote: "However, people need to be allowed to lead their lives the way they want, as long as it's part of their culture."
hence, let nigerians who want to marry off 13 yr old do so without repercussions?
might as well start saying twins should henceforth be killed and thrown off into forests because it's "part of our culture"
sometimes, a culture might have bad aspects that needs to be CHANGED.
let's not forget that it hasn't been too many yrs when we had some pastors and churches maiming and torturing children because they were accused of "witchcraft" ie child witches. should this also be allowed because it is part of our culture? that one is one heck of a backward culture, and on the contrary, cultures are meant to progress. otherwise u won't even be typing from a computer (modern apparatus) as we speak.

13 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by ihimami: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
I created a topic just to show the practice isn't just a Northern Nigerian thing and that it's practised by other cultures.

Myopic feminist: "you're a pervert for creating the topic."

WTF is wrong with these people? Now, I see why feminists are non-achieving lousy duffers that no one will ever take seriously. You lot need better foot-soldiers than all the clowns with blinkered brain cells running around like pikeys. undecided

That is why you see many of this so called feminists not getting married on time and when they finally get married they will be going from one church to another in search of fruits of the womb. You cant cheat nature.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2013
99cent:

This is what you said, and I quote: "However, people need to be allowed to lead their lives the way they want, as long as it's part of their culture."
hence, let nigerians who want to marry off 13 yr old do so without repercussions?
might as well start saying twins should henceforth be killed and thrown off into forests because it's "part of our culture"

Are all Nigerians the same ethnic groups with the same cultural values?

WTF is my business if some ragheads somewhere in the middle of the Sahara desert up North prefer child marriages? What has it got to do with me?

And what has people throwing twins in the forest got to do with me? - I'm Yoruba and we never threw twins in the forests - heck we worshipped them. I've got twins in my family and my ancestors were also twins. So that crap has nothing to do with me, and I could care less about those who practised it.

The earlier you lot understand that Africa doesn't have a homogeneous culture - the better for us all! undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Pataki: 8:12am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

I'm not defending it, I'm just saying - if it doesn't affect you, and if those that are affected directly aren't complaining - why cause distractions over something that has absolutely nothing to do with you?
You are outrightly defending this madness. How do you know it does not affect me? This is a national issue NOT a regional issue as you are trying to present it. When this kind of disgusting laws are passed by the senate in Nigeria, it has everything to do with me. I am a NIGERIAN. I deserve a sane society, where kids and teenagers can just be themselves and not be forced into the bondage of marriage and child bearing just because the laws of the land permit it.

6 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by 99cent: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Are all Nigerians the same ethnic groups with the same cultural values?

WTF is my business if some ragheads somewhere in the middle of the Sahara desert up North prefer child marriages? What has it got to do with me?

And what has people throwing twins in the forest got to do with me? - I'm Yoruba and we never threw twins in the forests - heck we worshipped them. I've got twins in my family and my ancestors were also twins. So that crap has nothing to do with me, and I could care less about those who practised it.

The earlier you lot understand that Africa doesn't have a homogeneous culture - the better for us all! undecided

You clearly opened this thread as an attack on those who oppose child marriage. In your head, only a "feminist" would oppose child marriage and therefore we shouldn't because it is a bad thing to support women's (esp girls) rights not to be forced into marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Pataki: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2013
ihimami:

That is why you see many of this so called feminists not getting married on time and when they finally get married they will be going from one church to another in search of fruits of the womb. You cant cheat nature.
Can you kindly shut up. Deal with the topic and leave the feminist alone.

9 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2013
Pataki:
You are outrightly defending this madness. How do you know it does not affect me? This is a national issue NOT a regional issue as you are trying to present it. When this kind of disgusting laws are passed by the senate in Nigeria, it has everything to do with me. I am a NIGERIAN. I deserve a sane society, where kids and teenagers can just be themselves and not be forced into the bondage of marriage and child bearing just because the laws of the land permit it.

Well, I'm Yoruba and it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I just want people to stop the distractions; leave these people alone to evolve at the own pace; and focus on how to use this as a catalyst to effect the restructuring of the country.

What they choose to do with their lives is non of my business.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by ihimami: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2013
[quote author=99cent]

let's not forget that it hasn't been too many yrs when we had some pastors and churches maiming and torturing children because they were accused of "witchcraft" ie child witches. should this also be allowed because it is part of our culture? that one is one heck of a backward culture, and on the contrary, cultures are meant to progress. otherwise u won't even be typing from a computer (modern apparatus) as we speak.

With this your argument, you may as well support gay marriage and incest marriage because the world is changing and it means progress with total freedom for an individual choice.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 21, 2013
99cent:
You clearly opened this thread as an attack on those who oppose child marriage. In your head, only a "feminist" would oppose child marriage and therefore we shouldn't because it is a bad thing to support women's (esp girls) rights not to be forced into marriage.

Oh, you think I take you cowardly and lousy feminists who can't punch you way out of a paper bag seriously, no? You must be having a laugh. grin

I don't have time for you lot. I was only point out the hypocrisy in people's argument. I started with Christians and other cultures on another thread yesterday. This is like a continuation. I'm doing it in phases and telling y'all to focus on more important issues as there is nothing new under the sun.

There will always be sick and medieval people on the planet, however as long as their way-of-life doesn't affect you, leave them alone.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by 99cent: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

leave these people alone to evolve at the own pace;

more hogwash.
if you do not care for the young girls, then u should just press the ignore button rather than trying to convince people to stop voicing concern against it.
you are here telling people to let underage marriage continue and evolve at its own pace. wth?
evolve to what? 2 yr olds getting married off to men?

this thread clearly comes from a place of hatred against women as ur post has been 90% unrelated rant against feminism which was never even mentioned in the petition thread.

7 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Pataki: 8:26am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Well, I'm Yoruba and it has absolutely nothing to with me. I just want people to stop the distractions; leave these people alone to evolve at the own pace; and focus on how to use this as a catalyst to effect the restructuring of the country.

What they choose to do with their lives is non of my business.
So when you go about filling-up whatever forms you need to fill in your life, and the question of " Nationality" is asked, do you write - YORUBA?

Or should I assume being a Londoner has far more relevance than being a British - no?

You are part of the problem in this country - 'the not in my backyard crew'. You can't be bothered, with the simplistic reasoning that it does not affect you. It does affect you, and creating this thread implies that you approve of early child marriage wherever it happens in Nigeria so far it is not in your backyard. What a selfish and wicked mindset.

13 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2013
99cent:
more hogwash.
if you do not care for the young girls, then u should just press the ignore button rather than trying to convince people to stop voicing concern against it.
you are here telling people to let underage marriage continue and evolve at its own pace. wth?
evolve to what? 2 yr olds getting married off to men?

Well, I'm the truth-seeker and truth-dispenser, and I also abhor cultural imperialism. I don't give two fvcks about no Northerner and I can count the number of Northerners that I've met in my life on one-hand.

Also, I've got a right to speak when people keep spamming everywhere with this nonsense when there are other things to talk about in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by 99cent: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:
I'm doing it in phases and telling y'all to focus on more important issues as there is nothing new under the sun.

it's not an important issue because you are not a girl and don't have daughters so it doesn't concern you. at least that's what you have said.

but why are you mad that other people are concerned about it?

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Pataki:
So when you go about filling-up whatever forms you need to fill in your life, and the question of " Nationality" is asked, do you write - YORUBA?

Or should I assume being a Londoner has far more relevance than being a British - no?

You are part of the problem in this country - 'the not in my backyard crew'. You can't be bothered, with the simplistic reasoning that it does not affect you. It does affect you, and creating this thread implies that you approve of early child marriage wherever it happens in Nigeria so far it is not in your backyard. What a selfish and wicked mindset.

What the hell are you on about? Can't you accept that not everyone wants to be Nigerian like you?

Anyway, I fill-in British in every form, and I've been doing that since I can read and write. Ethnicity is black African and identity is Yoruba.

That's how I see myself.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 21, 2013
99cent:
it's not an important issue because you are not a girl and don't have daughters so it doesn't concern you. at least that's what you have said.

but why are you mad that other people are concerned about it?

However, what have you lot done about those Catholic Priests ra.ping young black boys in their ar.ses on that continent? Churches ra.ping people's pockets by selling them a dream? And all your sisters around Europe prostituting themselves everywhere giving black women a disgusting image?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari's Article: His Misinformation, The Facts And His Records / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.