Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World (30481 Views)

Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / Employers Of Labour Should Consider Men Of Marriageable Age / Women Are Still Banned From These Things In Various Places Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by biolabee(m): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Fair game? Where the do that at?

I guess that's why I don't really want female kids, tbh. But won't mind just one.

And if any prick touch my lil girl, his brain is going to be fair game to the bullets of a sawn off shotgun. grin

God knows how many nyggahs that have been smacked for trying to disrespect my sisters!

They deserve castration,.... I hear theres a way u can castrate chemically

Note this is not limited to nigeria only ooo

Ariel castro is american
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
biolabee:
They deserve castration,.... I hear theres a way u can castrate chemically

Note this is not limited to nigeria only ooo

Ariel castro is american

Bwahahahahahaha

That's the eunuch treatment. grin
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by gabbytabby: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by coogar: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
gabbytabby:

No mind am. We have to stand for something.

Coogar if you never sleep I gat some more reading for you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7571703

http://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr#sclient=psy-ab&q=prevalence+of+vvf+in+young+mothers+in+chad&oq=prevalence+of+vvf+in+young+mothers+in+chad&gs_l=serp.3...4254.6872.0.8365.8.8.0.0.0.0.184.1325.0j8.8.0....0...1c.1.21.psy-ab.WC4Ww2VEvUo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=e2e2284b2943e068&biw=1062&bih=558

http://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr#sclient=psy-ab&q=prevalence+of+vvf+in+young+mothers+in+chad&oq=prevalence+of+vvf+in+young+mothers+in+chad&gs_l=serp.3...4254.6872.0.8365.8.8.0.0.0.0.184.1325.0j8.8.0....0...1c.1.21.psy-ab.WC4Ww2VEvUo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=e2e2284b2943e068&biw=1062&bih=558

as you can see yourself, all these links were reports from the impoverished areas of the world. ethiopia makes zamfara state look like abu dhabi. where is the report of VVF in UAE or other oil-rich countries in the world practising child marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by rapmike(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
coogar:

for starters, i have a zero tolerance for trolls. i was minding my business before i was called out. i return fire for fire, i have neve cared whose horse is gored!
At times u should care,i dnt go making illogical statements,sori if u were offended bt i hate ppl insulting each oda cus it solves nting

except that shymexx is right - it's not our business what the north decides to do to their daughters. they decided to go the sharia way some years ago, who cares? who are we to tell the northerners how to live their lives? all the governors in the north have first lady(s) - how many of them have come out to condemn what happened at the senate?
D fact is dat dey wil nt care cos their interest wil nt be affectd and d masses dat r in d north hv a terrible illiteracy rate so dey dnt even knw hw it affects dem,dat is why sm1 nids 2 talk.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
ShyM-X:

Sir, I understand where you're coming form and I support your argument. However, as you highlighted, in the quoted excerpt, that only 3% of these people attained secondary school education. So how do we go about telling them that the culture is medieval and that it has no place in the 21st century? You don't want to go out there fighting for people who don't know the difference between good and bad, or right and wrong - and end up being lynched by the same people.

Thanks for your response.
I am not sure the ol' Guerrilla is as old you think, but this is another story ... grin

The fact that you prescribe credible educational alternatives as a way of creating the necessary conditions for advocacy shows you do take this matter rather seriously. I am entirely in agreement with the view that education laws have, indeed, proven to be the best child laws devised in most countries around the world.

You have to agree, though, that while improved access to education may positively impact the supply chain, we still have the issue of demand to contend with. Question: how do we curtail the later without enacting laws that removes ambiguity on where the Nation really stands.

On a different note, take a look at the alleged hypocrisy of Shariarist Yerima who, by the way, still has cases of corruption pending with the EFCC in the image attached. You see how far removed this c#unt is from the average Northerner you mentioned earlier?

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by biolabee(m): 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Na today?

They know wat is good

Go an watch Taken....
The Arab skeikh that bought a 16 year old virgin on his yatch to phock in intl waters
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by coogar: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
@ gabbytabby,
this is what I found in one of the links you posted. all the causes mentioned here are linked directly or indirectly to poverty and illiteracy.

2.2.1 The Nigerian Situation
In the case of Nigeria alone, there is a vesico-väginal fistula rate of 350 cases per 100,000 deliveries at a university teaching hospital. This condition is so enormous and thus ravages Nigerian women that the country’s Federal Minister for Women Affairs and Youth Development, has estimated that the number of untreated VVFs in Nigeria stands between 800,000 and 1,000,000 (Villey, 2006). Going by this report, Nigerian women are under serious siege of VVF

Corroborating the above report, the Nigerian minister of health estimated that 800,000 women are plagued by the scourge of VVF, a majority of whom are living in the rural areas where there is inadequate or complete lack of primary health facilities. The minister thus recalls that the country accounts for 40% of the global burden of VVF (The Guardian, 2007).

Some of the victims of VVF are very young and are not even privileged to have basic elementary school education. Magashi (2006) explains that when a woman in the rural part of the country is in labour, she usually stays at home for about 3 days trying to push, the family may decide to take her to the closest obstetric center which may be 70 kilometers away; lack of proper, easy and affordable transportation further worsens her traumatic experience. If she eventually gets to the clinic, there is no facility and skilled attendant to handle the emergency obstetric procedure. If the woman survives the labour, she hardly survives the waiting and gruesome grasp of VVF.

Magashi (2006) reports that Nigeria’s maternal mortality ratio of 948 per 100,000 live births with a range of 339 to 1716 ranks among the highest in the world. For each maternal death that occurs, 15 to 20 other women suffer either short or long term maternal morbidities, and prominent among these morbidities is Obstetric Fistula which the major one is the VVF. Incidence of obstetric fistula is directly connected to maternal mortality (WHO, 2006:1407).

Maternal mortality and morbidity is more likely in nations and cultures which give little priority to the needs, status and situation of girls; where girls and women are routinely discriminated against; where girls are married off as soon after puberty as possible; where education levels are low; and where the only role of women is seen as wives and mothers. In many of these cultures, maternal illness, suffering, and health are viewed as natural, inevitable, and part of what it means to be a woman (Sadik, 2001). Little wonder why scourge of VVF is not seen as a serious case of maternal mortality in such cultures.

2.4 CAUSES OF VVF
Just like the classification of fistula, it is also difficult to associate a particular cause to the scourge of VVF around the world. However, the study looks at the problem from both physical and socio-cultural perspective. The physical causes are referred to as the direct cause, while the socio-cultural causes are termed the underlying or the contributing factor to the problem of VVF.

2.4.1 Physical causes
This relates to particular situations which directly expose young women to the scourge of VVF. One important and predominant cause of VVF is a prolonged and difficult labour which sometimes last for days before a woman receives an obstetric care or dies. WHO (2006:4) reports that “if labour remains obstructed, the unrelenting pressure of the baby’s head against the pelvis can greatly reduce the flow of blood to the soft tissues surrounding the bladder, vägina and rectum”. This situation often leaves the pelvic tissue with injury which may rotten away, thus creating a hole or a fistula between the bladder and the urethra (ibid).

According to Moir (1967: 129) the common form of obstetric fistula is caused by pressure necrosis following a prolonged labour. Often, this situation may be unnoticed until many days after a woman delivers her child. The other form of fistula occurs as a result of improper use of obstetrical instruments. This is an accidental injury, which refers to injury caused to the bladder during obstetric operations performed within the formal/modern health care system, such as the hospital.

Zacharin (1988:127) noted that destructive operative procedures during delivery of the child may cause trauma, hence fistulae. Poor instruments such as perforator or decapitation hook may slip and damage the vaginal wall and bladder. In some cases, incorrect application of obstetric substances into the urethra may cause the bladder to extend abnormally, thereby causing eruption, hence ureteric injury.

Several cases of VVF cases in developing nations have been observed to originate from obstetric complications such as prolonged and obstructed labour. Many times, this is due to inadequate or total lack of maternity care in such countries. Women from developed world on the other hand, who have proper access to maternity care have no worries over the incidence of VVF resulting from obstructed labour.

Through adequate prenatal care and facilities in the developed world, an endangered baby or mother can be saved through caesarean section, a method which is very new in developing countries. WHO reports that physical causes of fistula emanates from the following: Inaccessibility to basic maternity care and lack of knowledge about or facilities or facilities for fistula repair (2006:6)

A vast majority of pregnant women in developing nations lack access to basic obstetric care. As a matter of fact, many in the rural areas of the developing nations have their child birth at home. Traditional birth attendants are sometimes called upon in case of complications.

Adequate obstetric care before, during and after labour goes a long way in preventing or correcting difficulties such as fistula or mortality for mother and child; and since the most women in the poor-resource setting of the world lack access to adequate obstetric care before, during and after delivery, it is expected that infant and maternal mortality would be very high in such regions of the world.

United Nations Population Fund (2004) reports that if mothers are at high risk of maternal death or illness, their children are at risk, too. Neonatal and infant deaths can result from poor maternal health and inadequate care during pregnancy, delivery and the critical immediate postpartum period.

Another direct factor responsible for the incidence of VVF is complications of criminal abortion (Hilton, 2003). Most criminal abortions are clandestinely practiced by untrained individuals who claim to be knowledgeable in the act. Through the use of wrong instruments, some girls have had their birth canal unknowingly damaged. If not repaired on time and adequately, this may result in VVF.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by snakova(m): 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
we keep on complaining abt marriageable ages but r nt concerned dat teenagers r losing their virginity all over the place. if ur culture supports fornication, mine doesnt hence the need to marry off any girl dat reaches puberty. we dont want our society to become as corrupt n immoral as urs where school girls r viewed as fresh meat.

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Oxford: Pedophile Muslim Boyfriend Prepared Underage Girl for Gang-rape Using intimacy gadgets and Numbing Cream

Tuesday, 26 February 2013 04:42 M. A. Khan

E-mail Print PDF

According to a report by the BBC, Mohammad Karrar, pedophile boyfriend of a 12-year-old girl, had used brutal assaults on her to prepare her for gang-rape by his friends and acquaintances.

The girl told the court that Mohammad Karrar, her boyfriend, used intimacy gadgets and numbing dental cream on her Instruments so that she can bear the pain of gang-rape by a group men, all Muslims, at an Oxford flat.

oxford-muslim-pedophile-gang-rape-accusedThis was heard in court as part of a pedophilia gang-rape case, committed by 9 Muslims men from Berkshire and Oxfordshire, accused of sexually exploiting 6 underage girls, between 11 and 15 years old.

Sobbingly she told the court that 5-6 men then came to the flat and raped her on the kitchen table.

Karrar and 8 other accomplices are being tried for a total of 51 sexual offences, including rape and trafficking of underage girls from 2004 to 2012.

She said that it hurt her “much”, and in order a stop her from crying, they gagged her mouth.

The men drank alcohol and took drugs before taking turns to rape her, she claimed.

She informed the court that Mohammad Karrar and his brother Bassam also took her to sex-parties in Wycombe where groups of men, as many as 10, would "swarm around" her, playing horrendous sex-games, including handcuffing her, horse whipping her and dripping hot wax on her.

"At the time I thought he (Mohammed Karrar) loved me."

"Forgive me, I feel stupid,” she said.

The accused, all in custody, are Kamar Jamil (27), Akhtar Dogar (32), his brother Anjum Dogar (30), Assad Hussain (32), Mohammed Karrar (38), and his brother Bassam Karrar (33), Mohammed Hussain (24), Zeeshan Ahmed (27), and Bilal Ahmed (26

muslims I Hail
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
*sharing free popcorn to all spectators grin grin*

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
eGuerrilla:
Thanks for your response.
I am not sure the ol' Guerrilla is as old you think, but this is another story ... grin

The fact that you prescribe credible educational alternatives as a way of creating the necessary conditions for advocacy shows you do take this matter rather seriously. I am entirely in agreement with the view that education laws have, indeed, proven to be the best child laws devised in most countries around the world.

You have to agree, though, that while improved access to education may positively impact the supply chain, we still have the issue of demand to contend with. Question: how do we curtail the later without enacting laws that removes ambiguity on where the Nation really stands.

On a different note, take a look at the alleged hypocrisy of Shariarist Yerima who, by the way, still has cases of corruption pending with the EFCC in the image attached. You see how far removed this c#unt is from the average Northerner you mentioned earlier?

Rotflmao. I guess my assumption about your age has to do with when you asserted on a next thread that you marched with Al Sharpton in London. I was probably still wearing diapers when that happened. grin Age is nothing but a number. grin

The demand isn't really the problem, extreme poverty is. If we can create a conducive environment for education to thrive in that region and enact/promulgate laws that would ensure that every child out there must be educated to at least secondary school (GCSE) level - then half of the problem would be solved. Education in this day and age shouldn't be a luxury - it's a must/necessity.

Also no matter how we look at it, we still have to strengthen our institutions to be able to make a stand. There are tons of things that are illegal in Nigeria, however people still indulge in them with impunity regardless. So even if we make it illegal - how are we sure people won't still indulge in it and get away? Perhaps, that's why window dressing isn't really my thing - it's just superficial and it doesn't solve anything on the long run. Basically, it's just like saying a lot without actually saying anything.

The Yerima guy's problem isn't the problem of the North - he represents the image of Nigeria, the docility of the people, and what Nigeria stands for. If we as a people can stand up and start asking our elites/politicians questions and making sure that the right and qualified people govern us - without ethnic bias, people like Yerima wouldn't be at the helm of affairs. We as Nigerians, are just hypocritical book readers, shallow thinkers and ethnic jingoists who thrive in viewing everything from tribal lense - rather than standing up for what's right. Since I've been on this forum - I've never seen Nigerians come out in unison, with one voice, to speak for what is right - except when it has to do with issues about those people from that part of the country that we love to hate, and/or are indoctrinated to hate.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Bawss1(m): 11:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
snakova: we keep on complaining abt marriageable ages but r nt concerned dat teenagers r losing their virginity all over the place. if ur culture supports fornication, mine doesnt hence the need to marry off any girl dat reaches puberty. we dont want our society to become as corrupt n immoral as urs where school girls r viewed as fresh meat.

Yerima is that you?

Quit recycling this lame excuse, it was stale on arrival.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by collynzo2(m): 12:14am On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

Rotflmao. I guess my assumption about your age has to do with when you asserted on a next thread that you marched with Al Sharpton in London. I was probably still wearing diapers when that happened. grin Age is nothing but a number. grin

The demand isn't really the problem, extreme poverty is. If we can create a conducive environment for education to thrive in that region and enact/promulgate laws that would ensure that every child out there must be educated to at least secondary school (GCSE) level - then half of the problem would be solved. Education in this day and age shouldn't be a luxury - it's a must/necessity.

Also no matter how we look at it, we still have to strengthen our institutions to be able to make a stand. There are tons of things that are illegal in Nigeria, however people still indulge in them with impunity regardless. So even if we make it illegal - how are we sure people won't still indulge in it and get away? Perhaps, that's why window dressing isn't really my thing - it's just superficial and it doesn't solve anything on the long run. Basically, it's just like saying a lot without actually saying anything.

The Yerima guy's problem isn't the problem of the North - he represents the image of Nigeria, the docility of the people, and what Nigeria stands for. If we as a people can stand up and start asking our elites/politicians questions and making sure that the right and qualified people govern us - without ethnic bias, people like Yerima wouldn't be at the helm of affairs. We as Nigerians, are just hypocritical book readers, shallow thinkers and ethnic jingoists who thrive in viewing everything from tribal lense - rather than standing up for what's right. Since I've been on this forum - I've never seen Nigerians come out in unison, with one voice, to speak for what is right - except when it has to do with issues about those people from that part of the country that we love to hate, and/or are indoctrinated to hate.
Bloody hypocrite, what is this talk about enacting laws that will make education to a certain level compulsory? How about allowing people to do what they feel like as you stated earlier?? Talking about tribalism/ethnicism, there is no bigger tribalist than you in Nairaland, you always find a way to bring a tribal twist into every topic even when it isn't really there. As for referring to Nigerians as 'we' since when did you foolishly become Nigerian again? You sir, are a grade A bellend.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by drauj(m): 12:17am On Jul 22, 2013
lyfe: I do agree with Shym-x, but the case is different here. If you go through the clauses attached to those laws stating that minors can get married you will find out that:

A minor and a minor is a YES.

A minor(girl) with slight deviation in age not more than 10 years YES, but more than 10 years difference NO

The person, especially man asking hand in marriage must not be in the position of authority; must not be your teacher, doctor, pastor, imam, senator, nanny etc.

17 and 19 is okay, while 16 and 27 is a NO NO.

So 13 years old girl and 50 something years old Mallam/Senator....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
shame on you. that is not the question here. least age of marriage. I'm disappointed in u.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 22, 2013
collynzo2: Bloody hypocrite, what is this talk about enacting laws that will make education to a certain level compulsory? How about allowing people to do what they feel like as you stated earlier?? Talking about tribalism/ethnicism, there is no bigger tribalist than you in Nairaland, you always find a way to bring a tribal twist into every topic even when it isn't really there. As for referring to Nigerians as 'we' since when did you foolishly become Nigerian again? You sir, are a grade A bellend.

You epitomise the reason why I'd rather verbally ra.pe pillocks in their ar.ses with no vaseline than debate them. I bet you don't know people can be educated without compromising the nucleus of their culture and traditions? The form of education I'm alluding to here, is a means, of making them be able to relate to and operate in the 21st century. With that, they will be able to make rational judgement - and know how to exist within the legal framework which governs the land. Stop bringing your simplistic thought process into this.

Hell phucking yeah, I'm a tribalist - and then what? Perhaps, you ought to know that when you're in Rome, you have to act like the Romans - and when you're in planet ape, becoming an ape is a necessity. Who gives a phuck about what an inconsequential and miserable soul thinks, anyway? You defend yours and I'll defend mine - end of story! Go see a shrink, if you don't like that. undecided

And I pick and choose when I want to be a Nigerian - have you got a problem with that, son? undecided
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by mensdept: 12:46am On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by collynzo2(m): 1:04am On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

You epitomise the reason why I'd rather verbally ra.pe pillocks in their ar.ses with no vaseline than debate them. I bet you don't know people can be educated without compromising the nucleus of their culture and traditions? The form of education I'm alluding to here, is a means, of making them be able to relate to and operate in the 21st century. With that, they will be able to make rational judgement - and know how to exist within the legal framework which governs the land. Stop bringing your simplistic thought process into this.

Hell phucking yeah, I'm a tribalist - and then what? Perhaps, you ought to know that when you're in Rome, you have to act like the Romans - and when you're in planet ape, becoming an ape is a necessity. Who gives a phuck about what an inconsequential and miserable soul thinks, anyway? You defend yours and I'll defend mine - end of story! Go see a shrink, if you don't like that. undecided

And I pick and choose when I want to be a Nigerian - have you got a problem with that, son? undecided
Everything you wrote points back to my first 2 words in the post you quoted, 'bloody hypocrite'. What form of education are you talking about? You clearly mentioned secondary education as a compulsory benchmark, what if, as in the case of the Almajiris, such a system of education in not allowed by their culture? I fail to see how you can be campaigning for people to do what the want in one post and then go ahead to suggest they make education for those same people compulsory in another post.
So you now admit being a tribalist on Nairaland with the excuse of 'doing as the Romans when in Rome'? What if the other tribalists you take pleasure in castigating from your very high-horse give the same excuse? Refer back to those 2 words of mine. You can continue to pick and choose when to be Nigerian,I just hope your personality on Nairaland is not the same in real life, else you are the one who truly needs a shrink. You come across as a very unstable being (online at least). One minute you are condemning blacks as a whole, the next minute you are condemning just Africans, another minute you are condemning Nigerians, then non- yorubas. Again, I hope this personality of yours doesn't exist beyond the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by rabzy01: 1:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Sex abuse spans spectrum of churches.Despite headlines focusing on the priest pedophile problem in the Roman Catholic Church, most American churches being hit with child sexual-abuse allegations are Protestant, and most of the alleged abusers are not clergy or staff, but church volunteers.
The surveys suggest that over the past decade, the pace of child-abuse allegations against American churches has averaged 70 a week.

http://m.csmonitor.com/2002/0405/p01s01-ussc.html

Christians I hail.

CAMEROONPRIDE: Oxford: Pedophile Muslim Boyfriend Prepared Underage Girl for Gang-rape Using intimacy gadgets and Numbing Cream

Tuesday, 26 February 2013 04:42 M. A. Khan

E-mail Print PDF

According to a report by the BBC, Mohammad Karrar, pedophile boyfriend of a 12-year-old girl, had used brutal assaults on her to prepare her for gang-rape by his friends and acquaintances.

The girl told the court that Mohammad Karrar, her boyfriend, used intimacy gadgets and numbing dental cream on her Instruments so that she can bear the pain of gang-rape by a group men, all Muslims, at an Oxford flat.

oxford-muslim-pedophile-gang-rape-accusedThis was heard in court as part of a pedophilia gang-rape case, committed by 9 Muslims men from Berkshire and Oxfordshire, accused of sexually exploiting 6 underage girls, between 11 and 15 years old.

Sobbingly she told the court that 5-6 men then came to the flat and raped her on the kitchen table.

Karrar and 8 other accomplices are being tried for a total of 51 sexual offences, including rape and trafficking of underage girls from 2004 to 2012.

She said that it hurt her “much”, and in order a stop her from crying, they gagged her mouth.

The men drank alcohol and took drugs before taking turns to rape her, she claimed.

She informed the court that Mohammad Karrar and his brother Bassam also took her to sex-parties in Wycombe where groups of men, as many as 10, would "swarm around" her, playing horrendous sex-games, including handcuffing her, horse whipping her and dripping hot wax on her.

"At the time I thought he (Mohammed Karrar) loved me."

"Forgive me, I feel stupid,” she said.

The accused, all in custody, are Kamar Jamil (27), Akhtar Dogar (32), his brother Anjum Dogar (30), Assad Hussain (32), Mohammed Karrar (38), and his brother Bassam Karrar (33), Mohammed Hussain (24), Zeeshan Ahmed (27), and Bilal Ahmed (26

muslims I Hail
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 22, 2013
collynzo2: Everything you wrote points back to my first 2 words in the post you quoted, 'bloody hypocrite'. What form of education are you talking about? You clearly mentioned secondary education as a compulsory benchmark, what if, as in the case of the Almajiris, such a system of education in not allowed by their culture? I fail to see how you can be campaigning for people to do what the want in one post and then go ahead to suggest they make education for those same people compulsory in another post.
So you now admit being a tribalist on Nairaland with the excuse of 'doing as the Romans when in Rome'? What if the other tribalists you take pleasure in castigating from your very high-horse give the same excuse? Refer back to those 2 words of mine. You can continue to pick and choose when to be Nigerian,I just hope your personality on Nairaland is not the same in real life, else you are the one who truly needs a shrink. You come across as a very unstable being (online at least). One minute you are condemning blacks as a whole, the next minute you are condemning just Africans, another minute you are condemning Nigerians, then non- yorubas. Again, I hope this personality of yours doesn't exist beyond the internet.

That's the problem with debating simplistic people who have little or no knowledge about history. Who told you Islam is against education? Ever heard about the scholastic learning centre in Timbuktu and the first ancient university in the world in Salamanca, Spain? Who do you think built those universities? Well, Islamic scholars built them. Even back when Timbuktu reigned supreme - education was a necessity! Now go check the literacy rate of the most Islamic countries in the world like: Bahrain, Brunei, Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc. to get your answer if Islamic culture doesn't agree with education.

I guess you also don't know that the Hausa tribe has the oldest written records in Nigeria. They've got their history on books older than 300 years old. You need to read more, son. undecided

Who gives two fvcks about what the others do. You lot crossed the line - and I serving every single one of you. You don't call someone you don't know cowardly, dirty, having facing marks, of.e.m.manu, and ugly - just because I told you I belong to a particular tribe. Heck, no whitey has ever called me anything like that. No one has ever labelled me such till I registered on this forum - and I shall continue to serve plonkers till the day I phuck off the forum. Most of you are lucky this isn't real life because I swear down, some people's faces would've been smacked in. Where I'm from you don't call someone a coward without being able to back it up. Just keep it on the internet - that's all I'm going say.

Anyway, why do you care about how I lead my life offline? Listen mate, it's non of your damn business. Keep your inane shenanigans online - and mind your darn business. undecided

I'm out!!

Take this: BI.TCH DON'T KILL MY VIBE!! grin grin

I am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again
Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me things I don't understand
Sometimes I need to be alone
Bi.tch don't kill my vibe, Bi.tch don't kill my vibe
I can feel your energy from two planets away
I got my drink, I got my music
I would share it but today I'm yelling
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by collynzo2(m): 2:03am On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

That's the problem with debating simplistic people who have little or no knowledge about history. Who told you Islam is against education? Ever heard about the scholastic learning centre in Timbuktu and the first ancient university in the world in Salamanca, Spain? Who do you think built those universities? Well, Islamic scholars built them. Even back when Timbuktu reigned supreme - education was a necessity! Now go check the literacy rate of the most Islamic countries in the world like: Bahrain, Brunei, Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc. to get your answer if Islamic culture doesn't agree with education.

I guess you also don't know that the Hausa tribe has the oldest written records in Nigeria. They've got their history on books older than 300 years old. You need to read more, son. undecided

Who gives two fvcks about what the others do. You lot crossed the line - and I serving every single one of you. You don't call someone you don't know cowardly, dirty, having facing marks, of.e.m.manu, and ugly - just because I told you I belong to a particular tribe. Heck, no whitey has ever called me anything like that. No one has ever labelled me such till I registered on this forum - and I shall continue to serve plonkers till the day I phuck off the forum. Most of you are lucky this isn't real life because I swear down, some people's faces would've been smacked in. Where I'm from you don't call someone a coward without being able to back it up. Just keep it on the internet - that's all I'm going say.

Anyway, why do you care about how I lead my life offline? Listen mate, it's non of your damn business. Keep your inane shenanigans online - and mind your darn business. undecided

I'm out!!

Take this: BI.TCH DON'T KILL MY VIBE!! grin grin

I am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again
Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me things I don't understand
Sometimes I need to be alone
I can feel your energy from two planets away
I got my drink, I got my music
I would share it but today I'm yelling
Hahaha I don't know why you always remember that song when I am about to destroy you online. For the records I never mentioned Islam in my post, I don't know if the Almajiri system is cultural or religious in nature. All those examples you mentioned are irrelevant when you consider the fact that some of the northerners still consider the form of education you suggested alien to them, are you going to deny that? If you don't deny it then, how do you reconcile making education compulsory for even those who do not want it with your 'philosophy' of allowing people to do what they want?

3 Likes

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 22, 2013
rabzy01: Sex abuse spans spectrum of churches.Despite headlines focusing on the priest pedophile problem in the Roman Catholic Church, most American churches being hit with child sexual-abuse allegations are Protestant, and most of the alleged abusers are not clergy or staff, but church volunteers.
The surveys suggest that over the past decade, the pace of child-abuse allegations against American churches has averaged 70 a week.

http://m.csmonitor.com/2002/0405/p01s01-ussc.html

Christians I hail.

fcking pedo, I know u are following the footsteps of your arab master ..but please leave African and African girls alone , go in ur sand infested region , where they call u Abd (so much for the pseudo islam brotherhood) .

Ps: i'm not Christian , at least they don't justify such acts. bunch of illiterates animals
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Gbawes: 5:53am On Jul 22, 2013
collynzo2: Hahaha I don't know why you always remember that song when I am about to destroy you online. For the records I never mentioned Islam in my post, I don't know if the Almajiri system is cultural or religious in nature. All those examples you mentioned are irrelevant when you consider the fact that some of the northerners still consider the form of education you suggested alien to them, are you going to deny that? If you don't deny it then, how do you reconcile making education compulsory for even those who do not want it with your 'philosophy' of allowing people to do what they want?

No need to debate with ShyM-X, the cretin just proved he's a pedo despite his disguised assertions to prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Adek15(m): 6:52am On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:
Vatican City (Roman Catholic): 18 as the age of majority, in the case of minors; 16 for males and 14 for females with parental or judicial consent per code of canon law.

New Hampshire (USA): Applicants who has reached the age of 18 can marry without parental consent.
A female between the age of 13 and 17 years and a male between the age of 14 and 17 years can be married only with the permission of their parent (guardian) and a waiver (See Waiver).
Waivers: When "good and special cause" is shown waivers may be obtained which can alter certain requirements.

New York (USA): If either applicant is under 14 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued.
If either applicant is 14 or 15 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the town or city in which the application is made.

South Carolina (USA): If you are under 18, you will need a certified copy of your birth certificate and a notarized statement of parental consent.
The minimum age for a female is 15 (13 if she is pregnant, has a physician's statement verifying same, and the consent of her parents) and it is 16 for a male.

Angola: 15 with parental consent, although this restriction is not enforced effectively and the traditional age of marriage in lower income groups often coincides with the onset of puberty.

Tanzania: 18 for males and 15 for females. 15 with court permission if specific circumstances make marriage appear desirable. The Penal Code provides that persons of "African or Asiatic descent" may marry or permit marriage of a girl under 12 in accordance with their custom or religion if marriage is not intended to be consummated before she is 12.

Denmark: 18, or 15 with an exemption named "Kongebrev" (which is a "letter from the king [granting an exemption]"wink.

Georgia: 18 but 15 with parental consent.

Lithuania: 18, 15 with court permission, minors can only marry below 15 if they are pregnant females with court permission.

Bolivia: 14 for female, 16 for male.

Paraguay: 16 for men, 14 for women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age
my people perish because of lack of knowledge. Read this 2 free urself from d shambles of ignorance...www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by biolabee(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2013
Just want to add chemistry is derived from an arabic word
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by SNCOQ3(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2013
biolabee: Just want to add chemistry is derived from an arabic word
So is algebra. Its not about the race but about the belief system that shapes the culture. Islam is retrogressive.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by biolabee(m): 8:49am On Jul 22, 2013
Tragic.. Isn't it

Forerunners of thought now bogged in archaic child bride mess

SNCOQ3:
So is algebra. Its not about the race but about the belief system that shapes the culture. Islam is retrogressive.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by SNCOQ3(m): 9:05am On Jul 22, 2013
It took many many years of immense pressure from activist to permit Saudi Arabian women drive a car.

If left to ShyM-X's 'cultural evolution' theory, it would never have happened.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2013
Gbawes:

No need to debate with ShyM-X, the cretin just proved he's a pedo despite his disguised assertions to prove otherwise.

Who steals a next man's handle, names himself after a next man, and stalks him all over the internet? - FLAMING PHAGGOT!

How about go phuck yourself in the ar.se with a fork since you're a receiver and you love taking it in there? Sod off! undecided
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 22, 2013
SNCOQ3: It took many many years of immense pressure from activist to permit Saudi Arabian women drive a car.

If left to ShyM-X's 'cultural evolution' theory, it would never have happened.

Bro, it's still back to the same consciousness and evolution. The women were ready for it and they joined the activists in the protest against it, hence why the change happened.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by SNCOQ3(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2013
biolabee: Tragic.. Isn't it

Forerunners of thought now bogged in archaic child bride mess
exactly.
Re: Marriageable Age Of Places Around The World by SugaryBelle(f): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2013
I wonder how Yerima's other wives felt when he brought in a 13 year old co-wife,eeewwww. Sharing blokos with someone yonger than their own kids...tufiakwa what a mess

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Military Frees 128 Detainees In Borno. / Niger Delta Avengers Will Regret Their Actions - Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.