Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? (25125 Views)

Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by COOLDUN: 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
vivianc: I can't imagine myself having my trad in BY, Phc, Abj, London, or any place other than my father's compound in my hometown. Tufiakwa!!! Chineke ekwena ka ngwere gbaa achii! Ada di ka m? My trad won't even happen in an uncle's compound o, ama nna m echiri echi? Ashi gbagbuo kwa ihe ojoor! What then would be my pride? Or I should tell a man "eh, my umunna are evil, after all they didn't contribute a dime to what i am today so let's forget about those witches and wizard at home and their stupid tradition?" hehehehehe maka na adara m na elu? If they are witches and wizard, i'm one of them, any man that would marry me would have me given to him by these wizards and it wouldn't made me a little proud.

Like I said earlier, the Igbos that do this otherwise were either ostracised by their umunna, or they are osu, etc.

Infact, its even humiliating for a man to stand alone without being backed by his umunna in any traditional thing he does. So any father who can stand this humiliation indeed has something to hide, period.

Ok, let me picture another scenario where you would hire a bus and tell your umunna to enter, they are going to their daughter's traditional marriage in Lagos or Abuja. grin grin

Wetin I no go hear for nairaland? grin grin

Ezigbo Nwada Igbo ka ibu nne m, ya dikwara gi na nma ruo mgbe ebighiebi, iseeeeee !!!, Nne nwata nwayi ana ekwu okwu ya ebe a abughi anu oriri n'ala ndi yoruba, ga kwa juo ajuju. Nna ya amaghi mgbe ojiri luo onye aka ikpe yoruba, ya mere ajo nwayi ahu jiri kpachie umu ha n'ile.

Kee ihe na achu nwayi a oso n'ala ndi umu di ya? obu maka na obughi ndi ezigbo ya, omara go na ndi obodo di ya amatago na obu osu ndi yoruba, ya mere ojiri choo ka okee umu ha ndi nwayi di n'ala ndi ozo.

The mother of the girl is the main problem here, if the helpless man cannot bring them home for the traditional marriage let him stay back and let the wife marry the girl out, because he lost his children from the day he married the spy who love him.

The pride of every girl is to bring her husband and his kinsmen to her home town, even if her father has no house, it is only a day ceremony. Thank you my dear for standing for the truth. God will make you proud the day you will bring your husband home to your kinsmen, if is during the raining season, sun will shine throughout the ceremony period for you. Your guests will come peacefully and get back to their home peacefully in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Ngodigha: 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Phiozy: Please I need an answer ASAP. My cousin is getting married soon, and this has been bothering her seriously. She happens to be Igbo, but with a mother from Kwara state(yoruba).

The children are very close to their mother who despite being married to an Igbo man, despises the Igbos(especially Umu village). Unfortunately, they(my cousins) were all born and brought up in the North, and they understand yoruba only, depise Igbos too, and have never being to the village.

Now my cousin is getting married(to a yoruba man) and wants her wedding(white and traditional) here in Abuja, but the dad insists that they must do the traditional marriage in the village or no traditional marriage at all.

I've asked friends around and they said it depends on the village, tradition and her position in the family(1st or 2nd daughter), and luckily for her, she happens to be the second(the 1st daughter who married a yoruba man too, also had same issue, but only did an introduction in form of Traditional marriage and a court marriage here in Abuja).

Although I'm an Ada, grew up in Abuja, but have no problem doing mine in the village if that be the case(maybe because I schooled in the East).

But Please I would like to know, is it COMPULSORY for an Igbo lady to do her traditional marriage in the village?
Am sure you are making up this idiotic story. Only few days ago, someone asked a similar thing in another thread, now you have turned to your thread with Igbo in it so that it will attract traffic. What a silly thread.
They hate Igbo, they despise Igbo and you are still asking about their trad wedding in Igboland. Will the same people they hate come to eat and drink with them?. Change your story poor girl. Its rare to see Igbos saying they hate Ndigbo. They may hate their fathers brothers or cousins may be because of land or money but not the entire Ndigbo. This is unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by vivianc(f): 12:04am On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

That's people for you na, so no blame them..

My dear its shocking how some people reason, i wonder if they reason with their azzes, instead of their brains. I understand alot of them are kids anyway but..........ah ah, is common sense so scarce now?

Imagine a poster saying that the lady should call her dad bluff, if he doesn't want to attend the trad no biggie. So this begs for this question; if the lady's father doesn't attend the trad, who would they (the husband's people) pay the traditional rites to? Me?

Honestly, common sense is not common at all.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 20, 2013
vivianc:

My dear its shocking how some people reason, i wonder if they reason with their azzes, instead of their brains. I understand alot of them are kids anyway but..........ah ah, is common sense so scarce now?

Imagine a poster saying that the lady should call her dad bluff, if he doesn't want to attend the trad no biggie. So this begs for this question; if the lady's father doesn't attend the trad, who would they (the husband's people) pay the traditional rites to? Me?

Honestly, common sense is not common at all.
D lady's dad is obviously just a spam donor.
If not for strict rules concerning things like this two grandchildren would hv married in usa from my town. Thanks to pple with no root. They only knew they r from d same town and as d parent of d groom insisted they come home for the trad, that was how they were traced to our late king who has many wives.
Meanwhile they were cohabiting but no wedding yet.
Abomination!
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by vivianc(f): 12:27am On Sep 20, 2013
COOLDUN:

Ezigbo Nwada Igbo ka ibu nne m, ya dikwara gi na nma ruo mgbe ebighiebi, iseeeeee !!!, Nne nwata nwayi ana ekwu okwu ya ebe a abughi anu oriri n'ala ndi yoruba, ga kwa juo ajuju. Nna ya amaghi mgbe ojiri luo onye aka ikpe yoruba, ya mere ajo nwayi ahu jiri kpachie umu ha n'ile.

Kee ihe na achu nwayi a oso n'ala ndi umu di ya? obu maka na obughi ndi ezigbo ya, omara go na ndi obodo di ya amatago na obu osu ndi yoruba, ya mere ojiri choo ka okee umu ha ndi nwayi di n'ala ndi ozo.

The mother of the girl is the main problem here, if the helpless man cannot bring them home for the traditional marriage let him stay back and let the wife marry the girl out, because he lost his children from the day he married the spy who love him.

The pride of every girl is to bring her husband and his kinsmen to her home town, even if her father has no house, it is only a day ceremony. Thank you my dear for standing for the truth. God will make you proud the day you will bring your husband home to your kinsmen, if is during the raining season, sun will shine throughout the ceremony period for you. Your guests will come peacefully and get back to their home peacefully in Jesus name. Amen.

Nwannem, ya dikwara gi na nma o.

Olisa bi n'elu ekwekwana ka anyi muta umu ga akpo ala nna anyi asi, ma obu puo na mba menye anyi ihe ihere, machuo anyi uhu.

Olisa bi n'elu, biko wepuru anyi ajo di na ajo nwunye. Mgbe ha ga abia ilu anyi, ma obu anyi ga aga ilu ha, ka udu mmayi anyi dawaa na uzo.

Iseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes o, the joy/pride of every nwa ada igbo obula wey suck better br..ea...st belle full na to drag man wherever he is from to your hometown. Even if road no dey motorable, make them carry their palm wine kegs for head use leg dey match am. Ije love atogbuo onwe ya biko grin grin

If my umunna na get seat, make everybody sit down for ground. If my papa no get house, abeg make him show me his empty land, i go clear the bush, mount my canopies. Ubochi ahu, m na agba egwu, ukwu esie m ike na ala. I go come even do my shakara join am.

Odiro easy biko, odiro fecha fecha at all.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by amacastel: 12:33am On Sep 20, 2013
Chillisauce:

Our tradition states I be with my husband. To love and cherish cheesy grin....

I can do the traditional any where I want. In my dictionary, safety first! Am very uncomfortable with security men with guns posing as a body guards for such occasion, the main thing is the church wedding.

Tradition ko, tradition ni....
As long as my present famile came for my wedding..I couldn't careless about fvck tradition. tongue

My der u ar not we'll informed sha so I blame ur parent for the upbringing they gave u if u wed in the church with trditional rites sorry u are not married even in the site of God even the bible said the father of the girl and the kinsmen will give the bride to the man not the priest to me church weding is ceremony the koko is the traditional marriage
2 the op if ur cousin can't go to the village for the traditional marriage she can send money for the kins men to perform the rite.
In Igbo land is an obsolent practice to perform traditional rite in township bt due to the present security challenge we have in the country things are changing u can send the fund for the kins men to do the rite

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Lincolnburrows(m): 12:36am On Sep 20, 2013
What's the need for traditional marriage when you don't want to do it in your village. Simply ignore it and proceed to the white wedding. If u must do traditional, it has to be in the village.

Anyway there might be some few cases which the umunna has to approve.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 20, 2013
Marriage for village?

Which one? My mom's village or dad's village? or my grandmother's village? or my hubby's village?

Una get too much wahala.

Is village marriage going to sustain my marriage?

abeg abeg jor.... who go pay everyone's ticket to travel to Nigeria?

And who wants to get kidnap in that jungle called Nigeria all because of wedding?

e se n o. Ko n se pelu agidi lati se igbeyawo ni village.

Village wey winshes dey await your return for proper chopping grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Seriously, I want a proper, well organized Yoruba wedding.

I be proper proud omo Yoruba pelu proper Yoruba tradition ati culture.

Sugbon, na terrestrial power go bring me back to Naija wey dem dey bomb pesin like chicken
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Ngodigha: 12:44am On Sep 20, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl: Seriously, I want a proper, well organized Yoruba wedding.

Sugbon, na terrestrial power go bring me back to Naija wey dem dey bomb pesin like chicken
Boy, take your time, it's about Igbo trado marriage. What affects Ndigbo doesn't affect the Yorugbas. We are not same.

Igbo people here who were breast properly by their mothers have condemned the act of not doing it in their village. So stop seeking cheap attention here.
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Ngodigha: 12:46am On Sep 20, 2013
How would a bonafide Igbo want this sort of thing to be done in Lagos or Abuja etc.
Only Igbos breast-fed by ape milk will want it in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUFM8yTtUc
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2013
Ngodigha:
Boy, take your time, it's about Igbo trado marriage. What affects Ndigbo doesn't affect the Yorugbas. We are not same.

Igbo people here who were breast properly by their mothers have condemned the act of not doing it in their village. So stop seeking cheap attention here.

Well, that explains the backwardness of this thread.

Carry go.

Yorubas all the way......
Dallas Cowgirl: Seriously, I want a proper, well organized Yoruba wedding.

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Ngodigha: 12:53am On Sep 20, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

Well, that explains the backwardness of this thread.

Carry go.

Yorubas all the way......
This sort of thing is not done in the city. Ndigbo do it in their villages to show their roots and connections with their kins.
Moreover, you dont have villages and kins. This thread is not for your likes.
Once again, quit the thread poor boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUFM8yTtUc

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Ngodigha:
This sort of thing is not done in the city. Ndigbo do it in their villages to show their roots and connections with their kins.
Moreover, you dont have villages and kins. This thread is not for your likes.
Once again, quit the thread poor boy.

shocked shocked shocked

unnecessarily trying to deter the thread from its Yoruba awesomeness.

Kini problem e?

Speak my sexy Yoruba to me, my friend. So fun mi problem e
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Ngodigha: 1:02am On Sep 20, 2013
Destination Alaigbo.
For those who want to turn Igbo culture upside down, may you all perish unsong.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Ngodigha: 1:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Destination Alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

shocked shocked shocked

Kini problem e?

My belle oh... grin grin I'm rolling on the floor. Dem boku for here dey happily tie sari for body dey do East indian trado wedding and chop indie's rituals shocked grin but run and trash their own when they ask them to come to their own village, shior shame on them....Abeg let the poor Ngo boy purge himself... I'm loving those pictures jare grin
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 20, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

shocked shocked shocked

Kini problem e?

Lol! grin

By the way, I finally read the original post. (I only came to answer the people that were calling my name before grin. I stand 100% behind every thing I said but I was discussing general principles not a specific scenario. Blindly screaming culture and tradition without pause for thought does not an intelligent person make) The people that want to do their traditional wedding in the village should do it there. The people that don't want to do it there should not do it there. It's that simple.

With that being said, if my father had insisted that my traditional wedding be in our village, I would have wondered if he had been imbibing some cheap wine or something. It's simply not something I've seen happen around me at all so it would be quite strange for him to come up with that out of the blue. But if it happened to be a well known tradition, I would have no problem with it as long as there are no major hinderances. What difference does the location of the ceremony make in the grand scheme of things? Do it where you live if you want, do it in your village if you want! People should do whatever personally works for them as long as it's not harming anyone else.
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 20, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

shocked shocked shocked

Kini problem e?

Onye bukwa onye ara nkea bikokwanu

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:45am On Sep 20, 2013
Please I need an answer ASAP. My cousin is getting married soon, and this has been bothering her seriously. She happens to be Igbo, but with a mother from Kwara state(yoruba).

The children are very close to their mother who despite being married to an Igbo man, despises the Igbos(especially Umu village). Unfortunately, they(my cousins) were all born and brought up in the North, and they understand yoruba only, depise Igbos too, and have never being to the village.

Now my cousin is getting married(to a yoruba man) and wants her wedding(white and traditional) here in Abuja, but the dad insists that they must do the traditional marriage in the village or no traditional marriage at all.

I've asked friends around and they said it depends on the village, tradition and her position in the family(1st or 2nd daughter), and luckily for her, she happens to be the second[b](the 1st daughter who married a yoruba man too, also had same issue, but only did an introduction in form of Traditional marriage and a court marriage here in Abuja)[/b].

Although I'm an Ada, grew up in Abuja, but have no problem doing mine in the village if that be the case(maybe because I schooled in the East).

But Please I would like to know, is it COMPULSORY for an Igbo lady to do her traditional marriage in the village?

Dis is the type of rubbish a yoruba forum like nairaland will be quick to Front Page.

It depicts the mental disposition and bigotry of nairaland as an anti-igbo and pro yoruba site.

Marriage between both group do not even account for 1% of the Igbo population but nairaland would love to make it seem like marriage in Nigeria, is an affair strictly between igbos and yorubas and a tug of war between the participating couple of diverse origin, with the kids adopting their yoruba culture and despising their igbo half and culture. How delusional can nairaland admin and mods get.

Well, wateva rocks ur boat as the world carries on.

Like I said earlier, the Igbos that do this otherwise were either ostracised by their umunna, or they are osu, etc.

Infact, its even humiliating for a man to stand alone without being backed by his umunna in any traditional thing he does. So any father who can stand this humiliation indeed has something to hide, period.
On Point. Though i take the things i read on nairaland with a pinch of salt becos some are rumours or make believe
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by igboboy1(m): 2:06am On Sep 20, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

shocked shocked shocked

Kini problem e?

what kind of english are you speaking? so fun mi problem e?

Are you trying to say "my problem is so fun"....hmmm akara school
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by haminac: 2:42am On Sep 20, 2013
pazienza:

Lies. Nobody in Igboland force anybody to spend more than his ability,in the name of traditional wedding ceremony. What happens is that there is this silent competition going on,where shallow people try to outdo each other in the name of traditional marriage. Once you pay the dowry and everyother thing that comes with it,you are good to go.

Are you ibo? I am Ibo, from mbaise. The village peeps actually have a list that they give ur husband or his people. The dowry is negotiable during the trad wedding, but you must bring everything on the list, if not, the village folks will tell your husbands people that they are not ready to marry their daughter. So they do not consider what you can afford or what you cannot afford. This tradition we all talk about is man made, just like how laws, legislation, rules and regulations are created. If you believe in tradition, no one is saying you should throw away your heritage. Life as we know it evolves. In the past, there are communities that forbid going to hospital. That is not the case anymore in most communities I hope. This is a change in tradition for better. Just because it is tradition does not mean it is the right thing to do. It is tradition in some places to eat human flesh. is that right, no. in some traditions a wife is supposed to drink the water used to wash he mother in laws corpse, if they were not in good terms, is that right, no. Look at technology, why are using computer, Internet, instead of following the ways of our ancestors. I can go on and on, we can all have tradition, but not to the detriment of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 20, 2013
haminac:

Are you ibo? I am Ibo, from mbaise. The village peeps actually have a list that they give ur husband or his people. The dowry is negotiable during the trad wedding, but you must bring everything on the list, if not, the village folks will tell your husbands people that they are not ready to marry their daughter. So they do not consider what you can afford or what you cannot afford. This tradition we all talk about is man made, just like how laws, legislation, rules and regulations are created. If you believe in tradition, no one is saying you should throw away your heritage. Life as we know it evolves. In the past, there are communities that forbid going to hospital. That is not the case anymore in most communities I hope. This is a change in tradition for better. Just because it is tradition does not mean it is the right thing to do. It is tradition in some places to eat human flesh. is that right, no. in some traditions a wife is supposed to drink the water used to wash he mother in laws corpse, if they were not in good terms, is that right, no. Look at technology, why are using computer, Internet, instead of following the ways of our ancestors. I can go on and on, we can all have tradition, but not to the detriment of the people.

Mwah! kiss kiss
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 20, 2013
pazienza:

Lies. Nobody in Igboland force anybody to spend more than his ability,in the name of traditional wedding ceremony. What happens is that there is this silent competition going on,where shallow people try to outdo each other in the name of traditional marriage. Once you pay the dowry and everyother thing that comes with it,you are good to go.

I don't know the Igbo land you come from but I am from Abia state and I told my hubby( fiancé then) to make sure his pocket is over flowing because the list my village give to suitors? To be honest, my dad is a very traditional man and that was the only reason why I did not drag my husband out of there and fly back to Lagos. Even my dad complained after the wedding and told his people to cut down on their demands. Hubby did all that was required just because he wanted to do it the "right way".... The list alone cost hundreds of thousands of naira, then the traditional wedding and their demands was a different ball game entirely.... As per bride price, my dad never collected a dime from our partners. Truth be told the law is man made, he made that rule not to collect money from his sons inlaw but others still collect bride price till date.....meaning this nonsense law can stop if people want it to, it's man made for heavens sakes

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by omonnakoda: 4:02am On Sep 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
Foreign culture...First, it's that we mustn't hold our traditional wedding in our ancestral home. Very soon, it will be that, we mustn't invite elders from the village. We can make do with the elders that are where we're based. Whether or nor they're from our village or tribe. Then very soon, it will graduate to, why must we even wear our traditional attire in our traditional wedding, why not a suit or evening gown. Afterall the world is a global village...Is it not better to just not do a traditional marriage than to make a mockery of it. Afterall, a lot of Nigerians have come to embrace White Wedding as the main wedding while the Traditional wedding is peripheral.
How traditional is this attire. Are those baby hats Ibo made Most of the so called traditional Ibo attire is "imported" just like much of what is seen in the Niger Delta like GEJ's hat
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by Tonae: 4:42am On Sep 20, 2013
A Yoruba woman who despises the Igbo but went ahead all the same to find love and marry an Igbo man. They started bearing children and the woman went on to infect the children with her Igbo hate while the Igbo father looked the other way. He never cared to periodically take the children to their roots for acquaintance nor did he care to pay attention to the attitude / perception of his kids towards their tribe. He never bordered to look into how his Igbo hater wife influences his children.

Well what this story tells is that this father is a weak father controlled by a woman who despises his tribe. He will most probably die a coward and be buried by this Yoruba wife and children in a foreign land. Generally a despicable and confused family who cares less about their roots. A lost family.
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by igboboy1(m): 5:00am On Sep 20, 2013
omonnakoda: How traditional is this attire. Are those baby hats Ibo made Most of the so called traditional Ibo attire is "imported" just like much of what is seen in the Niger Delta like GEJ's hat

All this ijebu boys sef.... Nna oginidi?
Ijebu ways no pure so no come here dey display ijebulity for here abi na the mark dem tear your face with dey worry you? onye ara
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by MyTeenCity(f): 5:35am On Sep 20, 2013
I say, "Chunk it" Throw a white cloth over the tradition and marry in the traditional wedding that the father desires. If not, you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt. What if Dad does not get over it?
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by ronia(f): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2013
Anyway as for me, it dose not look right to do trad outside ur father's land, its a woman's pride for a man to know you have ppl and will not mess up wth you. Maybe they do not have a presentable houz in the village a lot of Igbos don't lik doing occasion in the village when dey r using moulded houses lol. Why did you call it traditional? Wen u don't wan to do it in trad way, change the name plsss
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by chiogoezubem(f): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2013
My people! Every land, place, race has its traditions and culture. We shouldn't adopt other people's traditions and culture in place of ours all in the name of modernization(if that word is correct). I don't know about other places, but in igbo land, traditional weddings are done in the village most importantly, for the benefit of those peole some of us think don't matter; THE UMUNNA/UMUADA, not even the immediate family per se. Then after that, you can go to the moon, if you like for your white wedding, etc. But if you are from one of those place where it no longer matters or your father says its ok, or some form of 'aru' has been committed, then you can even hire uncles and aunts, and so on to represent, and then have you traditional wedding on the moon or sun or wherever. Just saying...
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by abdulkodir: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2013
is good if your parent dey stay in d villiage: but not a sin, to do it anywhere u like.
Re: Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? by ronia(f): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Anyway as for me, it dose not look right to do trad outside ur father's land, its a woman's pride for a man to know you have ppl and will not mess up wth you. Maybe they do not have a presentable houz in the village a lot of Igbos don't lik doing occasion in the village when dey r using moulded houses lol. Why did you call it traditional? Wen u don't wan to do it in trad way, change the name plsss
omonnakoda: How traditional is this attire. Are those baby hats Ibo made Most of the so called traditional Ibo attire is "imported" just like much of what is seen in the Niger Delta like GEJ's hat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Make Vegetable Soup With Bitter Leaves And Water Leaves. / Its Our One Year Anniversary / Life With Two Stubborn Teenage Boys : My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.