Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27082 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Justeenaleo(f): 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.
am sure if u were there wen David was dancing u would say same......instead of praying in d church (which i believe is wat u went thereto do)u r busy checking out dance steps and calculating how u gon use it as a topic on nairaland,God is watching ur A-S-S

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by roymary: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
They dance all that because they are clueless. undecided
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by chidi2pus(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
emmysenior:
And finally, psychology shows that dancing improves the state of the human minds by 35%.

Dance from ur heart, for it is good for ur health.

Good morning Nigeria!

which psychology?

c'mon dude

don't be a statistics hoe
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Godson201333(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
I do not know what to do because i am dancing azonto plus kukere
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Oluwatola5(f): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Actually i love dancing a lot, i do dance in whatever mood that i am, some call it etighi, some call it azonto, galala and any other they like. Whatever name they call it, dont really care. All these dances existed before some people decided to give it a name and popularise them. I am not a fan of worldy music at all. But telling me not to dance to my God as i am being led because someone gave it a name.......nah!!!! I am not down for such.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Chaleeee: 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
lomprico:
No b d same spirit make David dance NAKED for bible? And don't forget his wife rebuked him for dat n God punished her.

What are you trying to say? So God go punish this op abi? Serves him/her right!!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by 01mcfadden(m): 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Deeper Life all the way.
God bless!

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Champele(m): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Are you saying there is Godly way of doing everything,lol.is there a godly way for sucking a dick.Christian and their mentalities.Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ocheejemb: 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.

What is your definition of a Godly dance?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!

51 ppl liked this nonsense?
When will ppl stop hiding from the truth?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Onliie(m): 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2013

How do you know Azonto and Makossa are satanic in origin. The world is not strictly divided into satanic and divine. What if the dances are just creations of man? And besides, it is not the dance that matters but who you dance it to and your intention.

"It is not the gun that is evil but how you use it."
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Stylaay(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Etighi for church go make person for nor fit concentrate o. Na how to climb the yash go dey run tru person mind. Na so me and my guy goBelievers love world one day we no even fit spend reash 1hr for the shursh some kain honies jus carry dem winsh come dey shake yash inside person face. One fine boi Usher dey chew gum cum dey wink honies. Some churches ma just job.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
dance anything. na jesua dull himself. pastor give me alingo style join
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by honeric01(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
simple questions o: what is of God and whats of the world? Why did jesus chase out people from the temple if anything goes in the house of God? why did Jesus say we should give to caesar what belongs to caesar and to God whats of God? if we can dance what originated from clubs and dancehalls in the house of God, then why cant we sing club songs and dancehall songs in the church? HOW DO WE SEPERATE THE HOUSE OF GOD FROM ANY OTHER HOUSES? IS IT BY THE NAME ALONE OR BY THE ACTIVITIES IN THE HOUSE OF GOD?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
Onliie: Why would Jesus need to repeat that when it is already in the scriptures. Psalms 150
What happened in psalm 150, Jesus danced there?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by tintingz(m): 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Msgamble: During David tym there was no guitar,drum-set n keyboard buh David used harp(guitar lyk instrument) to praise God n comfort troubled king Saul furthermore when Saul died israelite took to d street to praise their hero n new king David n thank God..we follow God's word thru his Men(lyk Noah,Moses,Samuel, Paul,Peter) nt just Christ's(our Saviour) words..so don't come here n display ur ignorance
did david dance in the temple? all I need is where Jesus danced in the temple.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ginaaskia4: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
Well as for me, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, as long they are dancing it to the glory of God and is from their heart.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Deschil: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
I believe people should express themselves in dance before God. So long as the dance is neither indecent nor se.xually provocative. Makossa, azonto and skelewu are quite provocative. The winner of Davido's skelewu dance competition would be provocative particularly to a gay guy & even I, a female, was embarassed by the video.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by abduldope(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
christianity it self is FAKE!!! DaZ Why grin grin grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by yetseyi(f): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2013
I don t think dancing all these dances in church is good because almost every form of dance brings the attention of men to the hips of the ladies Would we say that God is being glorified in that case where the object of attention becomes the ladies hips and boobs whining and shaking to every step of dance they make. Have we ever wondered why some churches uses all instruments except the drums( drumset, gan gan and all forms of local drum)? The fact is any dance that distract peoples attention from the God you are supposed to be giving Glory to is not a Godly dance. If all these traditional women start them dance like this even my eyes will be on the shaking bum not to talk of a man that will look and his mind will begin to think what he ordinarily would not have thought about.

I read one Keneth hagins book and he gave an example of a woman that danced in the spirit while the sermon was on and if some one did not look in her direction you would not know she was dancing and she danced off about 2-3 inches of the sole of her shoe without making any noise and without distracting any one.

We had thanks giving in church today and I was pissed off when we were dancing and an usher at the front said oya youths azonto( meaning we shd dance azonto.

I really dont think the issue is if we should dance azonto in churches. It is if we should dance those dances at all either in the church or not. Why should a christain dance azonto in the first place?

Our traditional dances also do not help matters either, a Niger delta woman be clapping abo abo abo,and the bum will be shaking in response, A Yoruba also will dance and shake bum, infact there is hardly any traditional dance by female in which shaking of bum is not involved and then all attention is on the shaking bumbum not on God.

A lot of things have been introduced to the church, different forms of dances, even ballet dance that they would not wear legging under the very free skirt and by the time they whirl around you would almost be seeing undies and also back up singers dancing azonto on the alter and also strange choreography that doesnt look christain, It may look very normal but its abnormal. Gone are the days when people are touched and give their lives to christ during choir ministration. They have even started drumming to hymns to make them danceable just to shake body haba.

I think its high time we just sing only hymns jare
Those that worship him must do so in spirit and in truth and you can not worship In spirit with all these dances

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by kachi09(m): 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
You don't get it, do you? Nothing is of the ordinary in this world,so with dance steps. These dance steps have their different origins, a dance solely dedicated to induce lustful desires and evil thoughts will never give God glory. You can't copy what they do in club houses and replicate in church,it is an error,we could as well bring the cigarettes in clubs to the house of God to smoke. You don't have to see it written in black and white to know what is wrong.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by olahero(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
brianromel: I believe there was a verse in the bible where King David gave praise to the extent, he over rocked it and started dancing naked.

What if that were to happen in church, today. What would they say on Nairaland

hmmmmm
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Onliie(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: What happened in psalm 150, Jesus danced there?
undecided what I just answered your question. How do u reason? Jesus didn't have to repeat everything written in the scriptures. It already written that we shd use instruments to praise him. Even a baby dances when u sing to him/her. David danced and God didn't rebuke him
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
†• Me drez nuffin wrong in dancing as d spirit leads.@ OP king David danced as read in d bible †• D extent of dancing NAKED jez imagine his dance steps.won't b suprised if he wz dancing azonto,alujo,etighi,alingo or even makossa.... TeamDanceasdspiritleads.Kapish
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by divads(m): 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
01mcfadden: Deeper Life all the way.
God bless!
haha, bro u sabi d tin jhor...its xo sad dat 2day d world have become churchy nd churches have become worldly...

Wer did azonto, galala, etighi, nd d rest of dm originate 4rm huh? Smh, i evn learnt dat sm pepz released a song Asonto 4 jesus, chei... Tz too sad pipl dnt knw hw crafty d devil is, de tink he'z dull?

Btw were pipl dancing asonto in church b4 asonto came awt? Wen it came awt errybodi wanted tw learn d dance steps Y? To shw odas hw current de are (datz pride)

2: wer did de learn doz dance steps? In christain songs or worldly songs? If u're a real christian u wunt evn have, play talk more of learning d dance steps of such worldly songs, tz xo sad dat we dnt realy knw wat christainity z all abh, u tink tz goin to church on sundayz? After spendin friday nd satday nytz in club hauzez? U tink tz givn offering? Oohh, God plz open our eyez to undastand u d more... Rmba d bible z a 2 edged sword, sme pipl culd possibly use dr canaly knwldge to try explaining d bible quoting david... Bt rmba, d wisdom of d world z foolishnez in d sight of God,

The truth z realy had to belive, pipl wantz to follow christ bt stil retain wat He hates... Bro / sistas u cant serve God nd marmon at d same time,

what can i say? Aftral in d last dayz piplz heart wil be hardned to hear the true world of God, de want were de'r free to do wateva de like,... Quotin christainz liberty as dr back up... Churchez re opened err'where more buisnez oriented.. Nd d pastorz hide d truth 4rm its members 4 fear of leaving d church...

BOTTOM LINE: LOVE NOT THE WORLD NEITHER D TINZ IN D WORLD, 4 WHOSOEVER LOVETH THE WORLD D LUV OF D FATHER IS NAT IN HIM.....

Were pipl dancing azonto,makosa,etigi already b4 de were danced by does core sinners we call celebrities nd sme try to emulate? Did u learn d dance while playn don moen, women of faith, mary mackee nd oda famous christian musicians? Tz high tym we told ouslfz d truth.,
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by MrMr(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
I tink we ar not gettin sometin ryt hie. Makosa, awilo, skelewu and d rest were knwn to be hip hop dance. I tink church shuld also give and name a peculiar dance and people shuld stop dancing hip hop dance in church.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by myola777(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: If you see how they shake bum bum in churches ehn grin
they also use bum bum to praise God? grin and u look their bumbum, inside the church, u are a bad guy. i have already known ur mind grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by myola777(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: If you see how they shake bum bum in churches ehn grin
they also use bum bum to praise God? grin and u look at it, u are a bad guy. i have already known ur mind grin
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2013

Abdul Adam56: And skelewu,it baffles me,is there any chapter/verse in the bible that jesus christ sing/dance in the church?

Ukuts gp: skelewu too? Amazing.
People can dance in church but it should nt be d worldly type.

LMAO!!!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but our creator gave us the gift of rhythm in the first place!! grin
Ever see a baby dance? No one teaches a child to dance and yet when music plays they naturally bounce up and down. THAT IS A NATURAL. THAT IS A GIFT FROM GOD!! kiss Music IS the only true language of man and dancing is a natural reaction to music, why? because it touches the soul. And the last time I checked we connect to God by way of the soul or our inner beings.

"worldy dancing" please, GTHOH with that cultish mentality! angry

To further prove my point, doctors/scientists have proven dancing/exercise and laughter
are among the BEST ways to relieve stress naturally, yet you are complaining? tongue
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2013

O.T.I.S:
because christianity has become a global joke, pastors read the bible and interpret it to their own advantages.
people no longer do anything unless its approved by pentecostal fraudsters a.k.a men-of-god. men who have made christianity to depend on their own charisma, some of those pastors are even telling their sheep that christianity is not a religion lol!

in the past we have pictures of jesus in our houses and cars but today we have pictures of pastors and their wives.
oh yes!! you can dance azonto, and shake/flaunt ur bobby and bom-bom all you like, as long as 'thou bringeth thy tithe to the house of thy lord thy lord shalleth blesseth thou'

"I like your Christ, I do not like your christians, your christians are so unlike your Christ" -Mahatma Gandhi

THANK YOU BOTH! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
The church has been infested, contaminated with many shameful things in the name of God does not look at the outward appearance but the heart. I ask a question but people refused to give me an answer. I said, if Jesus was to dance now, would he dance Azonto, makossa and skelewu style? If Jesus dance that way many of u would be d first to crucify him again and u are here posting trash. Hypocritical pharisees.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
horpeyeahme: †• Me drez nuffin wrong in dancing as d spirit leads.@ OP king David danced as read in d bible †• D extent of dancing NAKED jez imagine his dance steps.won't b suprised if he wz dancing azonto,alujo,etighi,alingo or even makossa.... TeamDanceasdspiritleads.Kapish
ur imagination is deceiving u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.