Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? (27080 Views)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Adeoba10(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
TESTED AND TRUSTED OSHI[size=12pt][/size]
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by eaxes: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
Guys J§† got back frm church Ãήϑ the serviz was superb. On the topic of dancing, 2 gals were dancing normal yotuba traditional dance †☺ yoruba xhristian music Ψi† talking drum Ãήϑ the whole shabang. I† took the grace of God for ♍є̲ †☺ concentrate on dancing †☺ God cos those gals were really going ƒ☺я i†, winding their waist Ãήϑ everything. Is i†'s not only makossa that can ß inappriopriate ƒ☺я those sayin §☺ . If those gals in ma front were dancing †☺ Gods glory ƒя♍ their heart lyk david did, then more power †☺ them.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by PamelaGold1(f): 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
funny topic, well dancing azonto and skelewu is d modern way of praising the Lord, everybody get their style
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by angryninja: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
WHO IS THE DEVIL THAT STARTED THIS THREAD.

F****** RETAAAAAAAARD.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Iruolycious(f): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
oluwaisaac: OP...the world cannot but criticise your post....because what you are saying is not of this world, as Christ forewarned. It's clear that the Azonto dancers are not born again, they are only playing religion. If it is the same heaven Paul preached on, and other saints alike, that they're hoping for, they are deluded and will be shocked, except they be converted!
Hmm... I hope u r not 1 of d "false brethrens" that paul said has come 2 spy on d liberty of God's children. U can't dance 1min without dancin a "worldly" step by d way. Dez r dsame dances pple have been dancin. They just have a name now. Accept it or not.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by yahrant140(m): 12:43pm On Nov 03, 2013
Vic-jay:
hypocrite. i dance like David dance. all to the glory of God.
have you watch david live performance before?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by eaxes: 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
a question. Is there any traditional dance in naija that does not involve winding of the hips Ãήϑ shaking of the back side especially among tribes in the south? Northern tribes lyk hausa, gwari etc not §☺ much.
ƒ☺я those complaining of azonto i think U̶̲̥̅̊ shud also complain abt traditional dancing of the ikwerres,urhobos etc ¢☺§ they really shake their stuff turnin one dizzy if not careful.
In the case people feel i†'s inappropriate, i suggest ψє can learn hausa dancing Ãήϑ other northern tribe dancing §☺ ψє can dance i† in church
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
angryninja: WHO IS THE DEVIL THAT STARTED THIS THREAD.

F****** RETAAAAAAAARD.
i think u must be drunk.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Onliie(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: And where in the bible Jesus said you should use instruments in the church to praise God, where did he(Jesus) said you should dance in the church? Where? I need verses smiley
Why would Jesus need to repeat that when it is already in the scriptures. Psalms 150

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Jimohsunday: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
Thank u for the topic I noticed it too in d church today
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by lomprico(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
fimbar25:
I learnt that the unclad does not mean real unclothedness. The Israelites considered a person whose robes didnt cover his legs as unclad, cos its always dirty.
This is how u twist, turn and misquote d bible for ur personal interests. David danced till he was nude. Period!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Msgamble: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: And where in the bible Jesus said you should use instruments in the church to praise God, where did he(Jesus) said you should dance in the church? Where? I need verses smiley
During David tym there was no guitar,drum-set n keyboard buh David used harp(guitar lyk instrument) to praise God n comfort troubled king Saul furthermore when Saul died israelite took to d street to praise their hero n new king David n thank God..we follow God's word thru his Men(lyk Noah,Moses,Samuel, Paul,Peter) nt just Christ's(our Saviour) words..so don't come here n display ur ignorance
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by buskie13(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: so people are nt dancing in church b4 those satanic dance styles came? I dnt know hw people reason.
dey reason like dogs dats has seen a bone over board.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Stanleysteno(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
No mind these hypocrites, na so them dey read meaning into everything
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by stexsy(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
emmysenior: Silly thought.

If I'm not mistaking, such dances were not the reason why there's so much corruption in Nigeria.

They re not the reason why there's poverty in the land.

They re not the reason there's boko in the north and kidnapping in the south.

They re not criteria through which one can enter heaven.

As a matter of fact, it is good to dance anyhow for God than to do same for lucifer. e.g King David.

Such dances aren't the reason why we have bad roads, no pipe borne water, no steady electricity, no security etc in Nigeria.

And finally, psychology shows that dancing improves the state of the human minds by 35%.

Dance from ur heart, for it is good for ur health.

Good morning Nigeria!
u sound so confused n angry, wat is ur point compared to d topic under discussion? How is dancing in d church suppose to stop corruption n repair bad roads?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by EmyLeo(m): 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
yahrant140: have you watch david live performance before?
haba!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by jonaktex: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.
na only u tag am worldly dance and na only u infact na u bring am from the dark world..dey talk wetin u knw knw.when someone dances the dance he or she knows how to dance or there cultural dance for God you said is world.mr,makossa is some people's cultural dance,etighi,azonto so mr moderator is not worldly
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by jonaktex: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: Is like some people definitely does not know the difference between church and disco hall.

On sunday when you go to church, during the praises you will see people dancing Azonto and Makossa.
You will see young boys and girls rocking, dancing Azonto and makossa style.

I dont know why people who say they christians are dancing such worldly dance which are invented from the kingdom of darkness.
I cant even imagine myself dancing in such a manner. Cant a christian dance in a simple and godly way? Must it be Azonto and makossa which are satanic in origin?

Even those playing the musical instrument are not even helping matters, as they play all these worldly and ungodly makossa beats and sounds.

I almost want to tell one lady dancing that way close to me to stop dancing that way but i just control myself. I dont just like such dance, it is worldly. Or what do you think. Is dancing Azonto and makossa style proper in church? To me i dont like it. I dont know if i am the only one thinking that way. Thanks.
na only u tag worldly dance and na only u infact na u bring am from the dark world..dey talk wetin u knw knw
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Begino1: 1:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
dancing unto the Lord is a good thing but what ever we do should be done according to God's will. the world should be copying from the church the good things of God but opposite is the case now. it's the church copying from the world nowadays, we are supposed to b the salt but we have lost our saltiness. may God lead us in the path of righteousness. amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Iruolycious(f): 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
buskie13: dey reason like dogs dats has seen a bone over board.
Smh... These are thesame dances that every1, including u, have been dancin. They only have a name now. Isn't it funny how ur native dance isn't "worldly" but azonto is? Urs came frm heaven?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Iruolycious(f): 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Begino1: dancing unto the Lord is a good thing but what ever we do should be done according to God's will. the world should be copying from the church the good things of God but opposite is the case now. it's the church copying from the world nowadays, we are supposed to b the salt but we have lost our saltiness. may God lead us in the path of righteousness. amen.
Plz, which dance step originated from the church? U'll b shocked 2 knw that all dance moves are beinged danced in d "world" 2day. Includin d 1 u dnt call "worldly". Wen an Ijaw or Yoruba person dances their native dance, its ok. But wen it has a name, it's "worldly". Smh... Pple who call themselves christians, so carnally minded. Fault finders and accusers of brethrens. May God deliver is people frm hypocrisy. Amen
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Msgamble: 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
shamson:

Reason for dancing in the house of the lord is because David did.

Follow the law of Moses, they will say is old testament.

But, did Jesus use musical instrument to preach or spread the message?

Is these Christainity of Paul or Jesus the son of mary.

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks
(i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from
the Path of God without knowledge, and takes
it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an)
by way of mockery. For such there will be a
humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire). grin
grin grin

So which of the god(s) are you clapping for

u mean we shld follow Allah path? D same path al qaeda,taliban n $9bn siphonist,mass murderer-Hussein,Osama n Assad follow.. n guideline of ur holy book(written by unknown hand n full of satanic verse spoke by ur Mo in 'Sura an-najm 53:19' which says ur allah is a god)..u're nting but a joke better search for Salvation thru Christ
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by LadyH(f): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Chaleeee: What sort of dance constitute holy dance and what sort of dance constitute worldly dance? The confusion in churches today is profound. Why do you use worldly instruments like the piano, trumpets and guitars in chuches? Are you not all supposed to be wearing robe? Did jesus ever wear a suit?
Leave people to dance unto their god in the way best known to them!! And stop your attempted mind-control shait!!
I was just about to reply asking the very first question!!!! This post....arrrrrrrgggghhhh!! op, take ur time ooo.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by stiggymode(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Someone once said "the church should be a hospital for sinners, and not a clubhouse for saints". Too bad little things are taken for granted these days!!!!
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Mintayo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
I pity those who are importing worldly things into the house of God,into christainity.
David did not dance skelewu or makossa,the Bible recorded that "David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod". 2 Samuel 6:14
David was led by the HOLY SPIRIT to dance.
Thhe question is can the HOLY SPIRIT led you to dance skelewu and makossa? Thess are worldly dance.
Come to think of it,where did you learn d dance? In d church? You learnt a dance from d world and u import it to the house of God,and you say you are led by the Spirit? What were you thinkin abt wen dancing? Some ladies and guys dance to seduce and they say it is the Lord that is leading them...smh.
1 John 2:15-16.
15.Love not the world,neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world,the love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world,the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father,but is of the world
I am not against dancing,but dnt import the world into the church,God's standard standeth sure.
He that has an ear,let him ear.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by whosefault(f): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
You are busy looking at people dancing while they are carting away miracles and breakthroughs. Just dance and when you are occupied, you wouldn't notice the next man/woman by you. If you see David the king of Israel ask him...
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Mintayo(m): 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dd
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Mintayo(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
all the instument you mention have been used right from the Bible days,it s just d name that was refined.
String instruments,percussion etc.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by ojj(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2013
As long it is God I am praising n dancing to with a joyful heart,anybody way think am na him sabi.
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
Abeg is dere any dance called Godly dance??
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by Moxie4lyf(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
tintingz: Dancing in church is wrong, you will not able to differentiate a church and a disco club grin
Guy, you from what planet pls?
Re: Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? by UncleAya(m): 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
If God doesn't say the dance is disgusting then who are we?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anglican Church Sacks 2 Priests In Abia Over Involvement In Homosexuality / "Shame To You" - Pastor Blasts Members For 'giving God N100 As Offering' (video) / How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.