Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby (36049 Views)

9 Baby Names Banned By Governments / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / How Do I Treat Navel Pain In My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Tricianagal: 12:17am On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: women like you end up in coffins

Whoever liked this comment is sick! shocked

5 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Chatters(f): 12:20am On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: I'm actually married with two beautiful wives. What about you? Is the chief of your village still riding you or it is the turn of your governor?

Village bicycle ooo who wants to take a free ride? grin

Really? You are married? shocked shocked Wonders shall never end. Something must be wrong somewhere. I wonder why you are behaving like a 2 year old...mhh...maybe there's a loose nut somewhere.. This fella needs some serious help here sad S visit o yaba left may work wonders for you. I'd also recommend 2 years of compulsory therapy. Did I mention you've got deep issues with the female private parts, the way you always mention it in your post? May be you don't get erections these days. The fact is can go hug a transformer... You seriously need psychiatric evaluations. Lets see you reply this post like a normal human being cool

4 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by tintingz(m): 12:21am On Nov 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Is that what the Iman preached in the mosque yesterday? smiley

Anyway I don't agree with your biased and sexist opinion. Women are equally as intelligent as men so there is no reason why they should throw away their decision making abilities and start "submitting" to another person and letting that person decide how they live their lives.

Marriage should be about understanding and agreement and couples should discuss anything they want to implement in their marriage instead of following ridiculous laws about how the women must always submit to what the man says.

De beuviour a woman who submit to her husband doesn't mean she's a slave and that doesn't mean the husband will not respect her and treat her like a queen infact the man will love and respect her more smiley
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:23am On Nov 10, 2013
You are not making any sense, how old are you ? Abeg try again. And kindly refer me to where I mentioned your private parts or anyone private parts, are you sure you are all right upstairs?
Anyway I feel your pain
Chatters:

Really? You are married? shocked shocked Wonders shall never end. Something must be wrong somewhere. I wonder why you are behaving like a 2 year old...mhh...maybe there's a loose nut somewhere.. This fella needs some serious help here sad S visit o yaba left may work wonders for you. I'd also recommend 2 years of compulsory therapy. Did I mention you've got deep issues with the female private parts, the way you always mention it in your post? May be you don't get erections these days. The fact is can go hug a transformer... You seriously need psychiatric evaluations. Lets see you reply this post like a normal human being cool

3 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:24am On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I think you started being rude before he did. smiley smiley smiley
now she's crying
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 10, 2013
enigmatique: De Beauvoir, you see, Malcolm Muggeridge or G K Chersterton said that before you remove any fence, make enquiries about why it was put their in the first place! The Bible says the wife shld b submissive, why? For example, can two drivers simultaneously hold and control the steering wheel of a car without a fatal accident occuring? Never. So, som1 has to hold the wheel, while the other looks out for him/her. So God chose the man to be the one at the wheel while the woman is supporting, BUT NOT AS A SERVANT OR SLAVE. Men and women are EQUAL(they are just the two sides of the coin called mankind or the human race), but they av different purposes e.g does the woman av muscular a build as the man, or does the man av a womb? Anyway, actually, the woman's power is not in words and noise but it is very powerful(I can explain if you want me to). Even many patriarchs didn't succeed in treating their wives right, but that wasn't how it was meant to be! But no matter what, you can never say that Jesus was a sexist, chauvinist, sexist or anything like that. Your response is welcome.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

However, it will take me a very long time to completely show you how flawed your reasoning is and I am not sure I want to put myself through the stress of doing that so let me just mention a bit of what I wanted to say.

A lot of the behavior you see people displaying today has nothing to do with 'how god created them', no offense. People are conditioned into believing certain things and once they believe those things, their behavior is shaped by those things and they act in accordance with their beliefs. The mind/brain is a very powerful thing you see. It can work wonders, the thoughts you have in your brain about yourself go a long way to shape who you actually are as a person. There was a research carried out sometime ago that showed that people who believe they have good memories end up with better/improved memories than those who didn't. The only thing boosting their mental powers was their beliefs.

Even on Nairaland sometime ago, there was thread posted about some people who were raised by animals. The mature ones among them who had spent a great part of their lives believing that they were lower animals, had a difficult time adapting to the civilized world. One of them even ran back into the forest to live with her animal friends after she was rescued because she had been conditioned her whole life to believe that she was an animal.
Read it here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1494144/9-children-raised-animals

So what I'm saying is that whoever you turn out to be is greatly determined by what society shaped you into believing about yourself. People's abilities and talents and the roles they should play in life is not and should not be determined by gender.
I hope my point is clear to you, I was a bit sleepy while typing this.

4 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:25am On Nov 10, 2013
tintingz: De beuviour a woman who submit to her husband doesn't mean she's a slave and that doesn't mean the husband will not respect her and treat her like a queen infact the man will love and respect her more smiley

Allah knows best
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Chatters(f): 12:27am On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I think you started being rude before he did. smiley smiley smiley

Nope. I disagree. I wasn't even talking to him but was rather referring to you. Funny enough you did rise to the bait but he did which speaks alot about the kind of man he is. I seriously doubt he is a man ... The way he talks befits a street urchin ...am sure they would be so proud of him right now

2 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Tricianagal: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: I guess you missed her "slowpoke" .kindly redirect your sermon to your feminazi friend.

The slowpoke came after you said it is women like her that end up in coffins! Highly uncalled for and I'm sure if someone wrote such about you, you would have responded in a similar manner. All in all, for someone who claims to be so religious your language is disappointing to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Triciana gal:

I'm still waits for you to call out your feminazi friend
Or in your feminazi gang they teach you close your eyes when a female is involved/guilty.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by tlops(m): 12:31am On Nov 10, 2013
who could see that coming? if it was that important to him he should have married from his village. Moreover the child is equally yours as hes his. Thank God you have a son, if not this kind man go torment you. Thread softly sis and find a way to resolve it amicably.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:31am On Nov 10, 2013
Triciana gal:

The slowpoke came after you said it is women like her that end up in coffins! Highly uncalled for and I'm sure if someone wrote such about you, you would have responded in a similar manner. All in all, for someone who claims to be so religious your language is disappointing to say the least.
you can only side with a member of your gang, I wasn't expecting anything else from you.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Afam4eva(m): 12:31am On Nov 10, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

However, it will take me a very long time to completely show you how flawed your reasoning is and I am sure I want to put myself through the stress of doing that so let me just mention a bit of what I wanted to say.

A lot of the behavior you see people displaying today has nothing to do with 'how god created them', no offense. People are conditioned into believing certain things and once they believe those things, their behavior is shaped by those things and they act in accordance with their beliefs. The mind/brain is a very powerful thing you see. It can work wonders, the thoughts you have in your brain about yourself go a long way to shape who you actually are as a person. There was a research carried out sometime ago that showed that people who believe they have good memories end up with better/improved memories than those who didn't. The only thing boosting their mental powers was their beliefs.

Even on Nairaland sometime ago, there was thread posted about some people who were raised by animals. The mature ones among them who had spent a great part of their lives believing that they were lower animals, had a difficult time adapting to the civilized world. One of them even ran back into the forest to live with her animal friends after she was rescued because she had been conditioned her whole life to believe that she was an animal.
Read it here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1494144/9-children-raised-animals

So what I'm saying is that whoever you turn out to be is greatly determined by what society shaped you into believing about yourself. People's abilities and talents and the roles they should play in life is not and should not be determined by gender.
I hope my point is clear to you, I was a bit sleepy while typing this.
If i get you correctly, your point is that, men being the head of the family may have been created by humans and not nature. if that's the case then a woman that wants to lead a family in the capacity of the breadwinner or head should find a husband who will submit and she should not take an oath that says she will submit and later not do so. As far equality is concerned, like i've been saying is not possible the way you want it. That's why as the person you quoted put it, a man and a woman cannot hold a steering at the same time. One has to hold it while the other gives advice and direction. It's either you're one or the other. Both of you can't be both at the same time. Even people who come together to form a business as equal partners end of taking different roles how much more a couple.

2 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Chatters(f): 12:32am On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: You are not making any sense, how old are you ? Abeg try again. And kindly refer me to where I mentioned your private parts or anyone private parts, are you sure you are all right upstairs?
Anyway I feel your pain
Common admit it. You are always mentioning ashawo and other sexually explicit words... I deeply fear there is little hope left for you...

1 Like

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by chineloSA(f): 12:32am On Nov 10, 2013
Chatters:

Nope. I disagree. I wasn't even talking to him but was rather referring to you. Funny enough you did rise to the bait but he did which speaks alot about the kind of man he is. I seriously doubt he is a man ... The way he talks befits a street urchin ...am sure they would be so proud of him right now

Whether you were rude to me or him is irrelevant. You started first and he chipped in on my behalve.

When you are rude to me doesnt mean that I like it or the next person likes it. They may be thinking " let me deal with her before I become her next victim"

So please calm down, let debate like ladies not ZOo animal you refered me too. By the way I didnt like it. wink wink wink
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Chatters(f): 12:38am On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Whether you were rude to me or him is irrelevant. You started first and he chipped in on my behalve.

When you are rude to me doesnt mean that I like it or the next person likes it. They may be thinking " let me deal with her before I become her next victim"

So please calm down, let debate like ladies not ZOo animal you refered me too. By the way I didnt like it. wink wink wink

Sorry about that grin i get pissed when women are being treated like possessions and piece of rag all in the name of marriage. They are equal partners in the union and issues like this should be discussed and settled amicably. Btw, tell your friend to back off and stop protecting you. undecided Unless you re one his purpoted wives grin That I can understand.

1 Like

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by tintingz(m): 12:39am On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Allah knows best
Na'am smiley

1 Like

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:41am On Nov 10, 2013
Chatters:
Common admit it. You are always mentioning ashawo and other sexually explicit words... I deeply fear there is little hope left for you...
must you lie to make a point? Anyway since you have failed to prove my obsession with your private parts we can at least agree on something : you are a shameless liar.
I guess calling people slowpoke and animal are not insults in your book.
Too much teenagers on this forum.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:44am On Nov 10, 2013
Chatters:

Sorry about that grin i get pissed when women are being treated like possessions and piece of rag all in the name of marriage. They are equal partners in the union and issues like this should be discussed and settled amicably. Btw, tell your friend to back off and stop protecting you. undecided Unless you re one his purpoted wives grin That I can understand.

You can take the heat anymore? Or you are done fabricating lies about me ?
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by chineloSA(f): 12:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Chatters:

Apology accepted. kiss kiss kiss Differing in opinions does not mean we should be enemies. Put your point across and support it, thats it. Everyone will understand you. I am a self proclaimed feminists though there are things some woman do to men I do not agree with. undecided undecided undecided

@ my friend, if you knew, how many times we have disagreed today on another thread, you wouldn't be calling us friends grin grin grin grin grin But being a man, life goes on. grin grin grin That's an advantage of being a men, little emotions. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by tintingz(m): 12:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
If i get you correctly, your point is that, men being the head of the family may have been created by humans and not nature. if that's the case then a woman that wants to lead a family in the capacity of the breadwinner or head should find a husband who will submit and she should not take an oath that says she will submit and later not do so. As far equality is concerned, like i've been saying is not possible the way you want it. That's why as the person you quoted put it, a man and a woman cannot hold a steering at the same time. One has to hold it while the other gives advice and direction. It's either you're one or the other. Both of you can't be both at the same time. Even people who come together to form a business as equal partners end of taking different roles how much more a couple.
True...

There can never be two head...even in a country or a place there is only one head the president, king etc having two or more head in a house is illogical and there will always be a quarrel and fight everyday that's why nature makes men the head. smiley

1 Like

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Chatters(f): 12:53am On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

You can take the heat anymore? Or you are done fabricating lies about me ?

Tired of who? You? Damn yes I am! You are simply not worth my time. I gat precious things to do than waste time on a lowlife like you and your useless opinions. If all men are like you then the world is really coming to an end.
Btw, you profess to be religious, why not do Islam a favor and pleassssseeee shut up already.

I'm so un- following this thread... I believe I ve made my point. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Mujah1deen: 12:56am On Nov 10, 2013
^ you won't b missed ,trust me .empty head
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by chidinwachukwu(m): 12:57am On Nov 10, 2013
kendraloops: I'm so so so very angry this evening. I've been having this issue with hubby for a while now, used to think he was kidding but this evening just confirmed it for me.

I'm Yoruba n he's Esan from Edo state. He speaks yoruba very very fluently even better than me, he teaches me proverbs n all sometimes sef. But anytime I speak yoruba to our baby, he gets irritated kind of n says' my son is an Esan man, stop speaking yoruba to him'.

We had a major row over it this evening again. Don't I count in the boy's life? What's the biggie in him learning how to speak yoruba?
Because he dosent want the boy Becoming an International Terrorist.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by chineloSA(f): 12:58am On Nov 10, 2013
Chatters:

Tired of who? You? Damn yes I am! You are simply not worth my time. I gat precious things to do than waste time on a lowlife like you and your useless opinions. If all men are like you then the world is really coming to an end.
Btw, you profess to be religious, why not do Islam a favor and pleassssseeee shut up already.

I'm so un- following this thread... I believe I ve made my point. kiss

Dont take anything personal on Nairaland. Ignore him if he annoys you. Sometimes embrace the fact that he is different. You will be suprised he will fight for you on the next thread you meet again grin grin grin grin

Don't mind him. cheesy cheesy
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by chineloSA(f): 1:01am On Nov 10, 2013
chidinwachukwu:

grin grin grin grin grin Nna, So Yorubas are terrorists? Please,na, dont bring that tribal thing here, abeg cheesy cheesy
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 10, 2013
Gbam!!!!!
chima12: Do you and your family members speak yoruba with your husband when your family members come visiting?even if you do,always remember your hubby is esan,and make sure he doesn't feel disrespected when you are conversing with your people in yoruba.yorubas have this attribute of when they are 2 or more in number,and start speaking their language,they act like they do not care about the presence of someone in their presence who isn't yoruba or doesn't understand yoruba.I had yoruba friends while serving and I got along well with them,but whenever there are 2 or more,I always find a way to move away from them because its like they forget that you don't understand the language.this attribute can be annoying,I believe your hubby has experienced such before and maybe detest such attitude which is why he has decided to stamp his authority early enough.this is also one reason why some non-yoruba who understand yoruba language sometimes pretend not to understand or speak yoruba.you must minimise the rate at which your family members visit.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 10, 2013
Triciana gal:

Without question.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Richy4(m): 1:48am On Nov 10, 2013
My elder brother married south African. their kids speaks English and Zulu fluently. the funny thing is that their mum does not speak Zulu language. they simply picked the language up from school.
I do not see why your husband is attaching much importants to nothing

1 Like

Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Sheggy13(m): 1:54am On Nov 10, 2013
chidinwachukwu:

Why did they forget to fix a padlock on your cage ewu?
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Sheggy13(m): 1:57am On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

grin grin grin grin grin Nna, So Yorubas are terrorists? Please,na, dont bring that tribal thing here, abeg cheesy cheesy

And you find his comment amusing..I'm sure you must have chuckled at that, ride on.
Re: Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 10, 2013
willibounce:

I am very sure ur husband cannot come out in public to proudly say tht he banned his wife from speaking her language to d child thy gave birth to. Except say ur husband na brickLayer or conductor. But if he is highly educated, he' L kip it as a secret as his colleagues @ wrk n friends mst not know such craap.

He can come out and say it o. Haven't you read this thread? It's chock full of fellow bricklayers and conductors, male and female. They have zero qualms coming out and spewing their senseless crap in public. Association of riffraffs.

E ko lo ma fe awon aLakori okunrin sha.

Rotfl! grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

2 Spoons: Wife Who Demonstrated Loyalty To Husband Gets Over ₦2M Cash Gift / Man Celebrates As His Wife Gives Birth After 17 Years Of Trying (Photos) / White SA Mother Loses 5 Kids In Massive Gas Explosion (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.