Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31246 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, ur losses is as a result of ur govt refusal to do what is expected from them, even till now they haven't done it so strike continues. Place ur blame appropriately.

Glutton, ur foodstuffs is none OS ASUU business neither did u consult ASUU before u rented ur apartment, lick ur wound alone while it last.

Not paying civil servants when on strike is allien to our laws unfortunately, when its part of our laws, will advocate for it.

I have no doubt that Jonathan will pay them.

Oh Lord! That rare stench of rotten reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mvem(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Olaolufred: THIS IS HOW ASUU FARE UNDER IBB AND ABACHA.
MAY BE GENERAL JONATHAN CAN TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

courtsey of Wikipedia on history of ASUU strike.

Military regime

The union was active in struggles against the military regime during the 1980s.[1] In 1988 the union organized a National Strike to obtain fair wages and university autonomy. As a result, the ASUU was proscribed on 7 August 1988 and all its property seized. It was allowed to resume in 1990, but after another strike was again banned on 23 August 1992. However, an agreement was reached on 3 September 1992 that met several of the union's demands including the right of workers to collective bargaining. The ASUU organized further strikes in 1994 and 1996, protesting against the dismissal of staff by the Sani Abacha military regime.[1]

MY TAKE:
IF ASUU COULD REMAIN AFTER THE IBB AND ABACHA'S VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH.
I AM KEENLY WATCHING TO SEE WHAT GENERAL EBELE CAN DO.
IF HE CAN PUT AN END TO ASUU, THEN HE BECOMES THE FIRST FIELD-MARSHAL NIGERIA WILL EVER HAVE.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Lawconfessor(f): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:
I think u are confused. No offence.

Fenks- since u re just thinking aloud, no p & one word for it is insanity. So check urself well.

But more weird going a long way spewing unfounded trash n addressing mr Gej in such a name all in d name of hate.
Grow up a lil by quit caln him dat name- der's a reason God gave u brain pls.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by zabilon(m): 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
kokoA: The both parties are going about it the wrong way. FG cannot force these guys back to work. ASUU is used to threats right from the military era so GEJ is child's play for them. Government should just ensure that they keep to their own side of the bargain, this will make ASUU loose sympathy and they will have no choice but to go back to work. Besides, this year is gone already, no meaningful academic work can be done before the festive periods. Both parties should use the remaining part of the year to resolve this nonsense.

SHUT UP.... HOW CAN YOU SAY NO MEANINGFUL ACADEMIC WORK WILL BE DONE THIS YEAR?... DO YOU KNOW SOME SCHOOLS WERE WRITTING EXAMS BEFORE THE STRIKE?DO YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE WERE JUST A PAPER TO GRADUATION OR NEXT LEVEL? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY STUDENTS COULDN'T GO TO CAMP CUZ THIER SCRIPT WASN'T MARKED..... NO OPEN YOUR LAZY MOUTH DEY TALK SAY TILL NEXT YEAR... HALF D YEAR NEVER DO YOU'RE LAZY SELF TO REST?!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dannyxy: this guy is a bloody hypocrite oh! Well thank God you know that it's f.g that employed, so tha f.g can fire them when they are getting out of hand...

Fool, what am telling u is this has no serious bearing to current issue. Has FG fulfilled the part we know and told us the part unknown is the only stumbling block?
It's between them, let wike tells us if he likes. U have no authority on ASUU, u can only question ur govt.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
vitality22:
I mean no offence, its either you are an ASUU member or your relation is a lecturer. I have no sympathy for ASUU anymore. If the FG wants to sack them, so be it...

Funny enough, none is ASUU member. The truth remains the truth.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Law-confessor:

Fenks- since u re just thinking aloud, no p & one word for it is insanity. So check urself well.

But more weird going a long way spewing unfounded trash n addressing mr Gej in such a name all in d name of hate.
Grow up a lil by quit caln him dat name- der's a reason God gave u brain pls.

What is good for Aregberascal, is good for Tinubu and surely appropriate for Jonathan.
Deal with that.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by cumpaddre(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
njokusboy: I don't know why we are making too much noise about this... I hardly think signing any agreement is a problem.. There are two contending issues here, the first is the outrageous request by ASUU to be paid a salary which they didn't work for, a point all the anti GEJS here are too hypocritical to address....
The second is dat secret demand which ASUU does not want to share with the masses, that demand which they feel might make them lose public sympathy... That is the problem here... Ever bothered to ask why the much talked about 2009 agreement was shrouded in secrecy?? Let us learn to use our heads...
Ooooooooo GOD! Where dis Barman seff?? BARMAN!!! angry ***yes bros*** OYA MIX GULDER, STAR & SMIRNOFF ICE FOR 1 CRATE, DRAG AM COME, MAKE I SHARE FOR ALL MY PEOPLE. ***okay bros*** DO AM QUICK QUICK Ooo ***okay bros***

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Richiy(f): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Smart lady. No guy can just play a fast one on u.
lolz..its just logical
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Richiy(f): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
taharqa: My frnd, go back to d Romance Section and give such Sentimental nonsense as Egs there... Do you know what ASUU want at the moment? Cos that is actuali the main problem here. When last did you see or hear from Dr Faggie Or any of d top officials of National ASUU? ....If you know what they reali want plz tell us, so we can know what exactly we wud hold d Govt on?
didnt you read the conditions? Didnt u also knw that they had a meeting wt Wike? I should also spell it out for you?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by osaxx: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
egift: The Dictator has arrived. See the effect of APC's G7 extraction.
HEY MR. ANTI-GEJ......THIS IS NOT DICTATOR....ITS JUST THAT U DO NOT WISH NIGERIA WELLL....THATS Y U WILL NEVER SUPPORT JONATHAN.....BAD BELLE....U CANT HIDE UR COLOUR EVEN WHEN U KNOW APC HIJACKED THE ASUU STRIKE.....

NICE DECISION MR. PRESIDENT....CONTINUE TO BE FOCUSED....THOSE WHO WISH NIGRIA WELL, WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT AND ADVICE YOUR RIGHTLY....HATERZ
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by menaxe: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

This is the koko. I wonder why its so difficult to achieve. Govt should keep his own side of its agreement and see if ASUU members wont be

stoned anywhere in the country if they dont go back to classes.
mumuttallab, chai. **waste of papa n mama strenght**

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem: Foolish Govt.

Its obvious they arent interested in fulfilling any agreement. Either the one signed in 2009 or the MOU signed in 2012 or even the promises of

Jonathan after several hours of meeting with them of recent. If Jonathan is serious, why cant he sign and make his commitments on paper for all

to see and monitor. All hail ASUU, they have mastered the way of holding the govt by its balls. It will be extremely foolish for them to go back to

classes knowing fully well that Jonathan wont do as promised. Their strike and death of Iyayi would have been in vain. I expect the strike to

continue. ASUU never shut down any school, Those that shut down the schools are opening it back, so no qualms.

How would Jonathan sign and make comment on paper when ASUU said they would meet with there member first remember after the meeting both ASUU members and FG refused to disclose what they decision when the as fegie what did he say d message is not for you but for our members. Am wondering if u really followed the ASUU news at all
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Richiy(f): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
juju2008:
Thank you my sister.
lool. U r welcome bro
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by 3kay945(m): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Olaolufred: THIS IS HOW ASUU FARE UNDER IBB AND ABACHA.
MAY BE GENERAL JONATHAN CAN TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

courtsey of Wikipedia on history of ASUU strike.

Military regime

The union was active in struggles against the military regime during the 1980s.[1] In 1988 the union organized a National Strike to obtain fair wages and university autonomy. As a result, the ASUU was proscribed on 7 August 1988 and all its property seized. It was allowed to resume in 1990, but after another strike was again banned on 23 August 1992. However, an agreement was reached on 3 September 1992 that met several of the union's demands including the right of workers to collective bargaining. The ASUU organized further strikes in 1994 and 1996, protesting against the dismissal of staff by the Sani Abacha military regime.[1]

MY TAKE:
IF ASUU COULD REMAIN AFTER THE IBB AND ABACHA'S VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH.
I AM KEENLY WATCHING TO SEE WHAT GENERAL EBELE CAN DO.
IF HE CAN PUT AN END TO ASUU, THEN HE BECOMES THE FIRST FIELD-MARSHAL NIGERIA WILL EVER HAVE.

Just my thought, I have beginning to change view about underestimating this man called god grin (Jonathan)
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by menaxe: 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, what am telling u is this has no serious bearing to current issue. Has FG fulfilled the part we know and told us the part unknown is the only stumbling block?
It's between them, let wike tells us if he likes. U have no authority on ASUU, u can only question ur govt.
wallahi!! If I be ur father, I go disown u.. Onye ala.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Ngokafor(f): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
stevedure:
Hahahaha, i do not expect a meaningful comment 2 eva make meaning 2 u since u're so meaningless! Everythin abt u is just negative: u eat wit ur left hand, breathe through ur mouth, read wit ur ears, sleep on ur farty-a*sshole, Gosh, everytin abt u is just d opposite n negative! Do u knw all dis insult on u 4rm Nairalanders will form a lump and affect u someday? Pls just get a life!

Spot on...
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
menaxe: mumuttallab, chai. **waste of papa n mama strenght**

Ur papa and mama right?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
if they tell u guys to write project nw, una go dey complain. C as una dey write thesis and essays on ASUU nd FG romance, Na waa o
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
excell12go: Their new demands aren't too much for FG to implement if they(FG) really want us to go back to school.

Why can't d FG put into writing their promise of N220B annual grant to these institutions? ? That means they are not ready to drop this money next year and they know they can be sued by ASUU if they dont.

if paying their four(4) months salary will settle things a bit, why can't they just pay Don't they(FG) have the money? Would the FG not have paid if ASUU had not been on strike?

If the federal government really wants us to go back to school, they know what to do. Let them do the needful.

How can u be paided when you don't work they don't lectured for 5month nd they re asking for payment let the strike continue
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mikeobk(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mcbussy: ASUU is over-doing dis strike of a thing,but i pity those student that feel sacking d lecturers would be a way forward....do u know how long it would take to overhaul and re-staff d number of public universities we have in Nigeria? ......just pray ASUU agrees to suspend d strike.
why are u wording like someone who hasn't seen the fourwalls of the university? Have you ever been present to see where a university is on a recruitment excercise of any kind? There are hundreds of thousands of qualified & job-seeking Nigerians (even foreigners) out there. To hell with ASUU. Lecturers can be replaced In an amazingly shorter time than what ASUU has made university students suffer
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Memyselfu2009:

How would Jonathan sign and make comment on paper when ASUU said they would meet with there member first remember after the meeting both ASUU members and FG refused to disclose what they decision when the as fegie what did he say d message is not for you but for our members. Am wondering if u really followed the ASUU news at all

I can't be spoon feeding u. Go here and get enlightened.
https://www.nairaland.com/1530858/ASUU-gives-conditions-end-strike
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
If the FG can ask the Perm Sec to sign on their behalf, it means that they have accepted ASUUs terms hence the perm sec being mandated to sign. Now due to past experience ASUU say no we wont accept it. We want the AG or President or who so ever. It is only logical that the govt in a bid to show that it is serious about educational reform mandates who so ever ASUU wants to sign to do so. It is no secret that education in this country isnt taken seriously. If it was NUPENG or Trailer Drivers the strike ll never last this long. If they can pay militants and criminals billions of naira and also send them abroad. They should spend more in the educational sector where the supposed leaders of tomorrow re bred.
Even if lecturers report to work and sign attendance register, it doesn't mean that they ll teach. In that case its still the students that ll loose cos no one ll teach, n no script ll be marked plus their salaries for December ll be paid cos they reported to work and sugned thier registers as the FG directed. Anything being done should be done rightly not fire brigade approach.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Lordsonempire(m): 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem: Foolish Govt.

Its obvious they arent interested in fulfilling any agreement. Either the one signed in 2009 or the MOU signed in 2012 or even the promises of

Jonathan after several hours of meeting with them of recent. If Jonathan is serious, why cant he sign and make his commitments on paper for all

to see and monitor. All hail ASUU, they have mastered the way of holding the govt by its balls. It will be extremely foolish for them to go back to

classes knowing fully well that Jonathan wont do as promised. Their strike and death of Iyayi would have been in vain. I expect the strike to

continue. ASUU never shut down any school, Those that shut down the schools are opening it back, so no qualms.

If this is how u reason in real life then I pity ur generation. U don't even think of d students.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
menaxe: wallahi!! If I be ur father, I go disown u.. Onye ala.

The same way ur father disowned u right?
Ewu.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=Demdem][/quote] ask ur self if ASUU strike started from Jonathan
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by OreMI22: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
[size=15pt]About time to use the big stick on the criminal way ASUU have ruined our educational system in Nigeria.

Speak softly but carry a BIG STICK - President Theodore Roosevelt

As a President in a semi-lawless state as Nigeria, GEJ must learn to apply the big stick when it is absolutely necessary to do so, after all pleadings and begging have fallen on deaf ears.[/size]

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by 3kay945(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
The FG has issued a threat now, let see how they intend to enforce it undecided , having in mind that the military dictators issued such in the past... now in our so call democracy, i wait to see the the impact of this threats now tongue
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mvem(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This is the ACTION FILM that I've been waiting for. When all pleading and negotiations fail, the only option left would be physical FIGHT, aka WAR. Lets do it man to man and get bruised so that both sides can learn the RIGHT lessons going forward. No one has monopoly of violence or force.

let ASUU go to supreme court or United Nations or wherever. It is part of the war. Let the President do what he can and let ASUU do what they can. It is now WAR. If we let ASUU get away with this terrorism on the university education system without a fight, we'll be setting a dangerous precedent in trade unionism.

During the last negotiations with the president which lasted for unprecedented 13 hours, the president granted ADDITIONAL concessions to ASUU but all to no avail. All these because a terrorist is the head of ASUU.

Meanwhile, we are not surprised that ASUU still enjoys the support of Tinubu and Buhari e-dogs who see the ASUU strike as part of the instruments of making the country ungovernable for a president they hate so much.
.....oya how much FG pay you....so as a nigerian you are supporting the system and the F.G....i am not picking side, but be realistic...past military government had forcely reopen universities during strike, what happened next? Register was opened in the universities wereby resuming lecteures names are entered....Lecteurers entered der name in d register but never entered class, dey never taught......U cant forcely open the universities, They wont still teach...It has happened b4
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by cyril10(m): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem is becoming too irresponsible, always abusing the president, if you don't have anything reasonable to say other than abuse the president then keep shut abeg.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by osaxx: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
WE SHOULD ALL JOIN HAND AND SUPPORT JONATHAN.....BECAUSE THE ASUU STRIKE WE ALL KNOW ITS VERY POLITICAL AND NOT ACADEMICS......ASUU DEMANDING THE IMPOSSIBLE JUST TO DISCREDIT JONATHANS ADMINISTRATION...(OBJ,TINUBU AT WORK) NIGERIA SHOULD FIGHT THE LEADWERSHIP OF ASUU AND DISGRUNTLED AND FAILED ELEMENTS IN THIS COUNTRY CAUSING TROUBLES EVERYWHERE....JONATHAN IS THE BEST PRESIDENT, THIS COUNTRY HAS PRODUCED, BUT FOR THIS ELEMENTS IN THE SYSTEM....IF U UNDERSTAND NIGERIAN POLITICS....U WILL IMMEDIATELY JOIN GEJ CAMP, BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE THE HAND OF GOD LIES.

NO AMOUNT OF OPPOSITION OR HATERS CAN STOP HIM 2015......
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Chukboi(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
I have seen and read reactions and counter-reaction. ♍γ̲̣̣̥ take  this issue į̸̸̨s l̶̲̥̅̊н̲̣̣̣̥α̇̇̇†̥̥, both ASUU, ASUP etc have made this strike T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ look common and at †ђξ same time loose its essence and grip thus †ђξ reaction from †ђξ federal government. I will agree l̶̲̥̅̊н̲̣̣̣̥α̇̇̇†̥̥ they pay them their arrears but not 100% though! We †ђξ students have a long way T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ go, as †ђξ saying goes 'when two elephants fight †ђξ grass they say suffers' †ђξ students ι̥η this case are †ђξ ones suffering †ђξ collateral damage. Pathetic!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Protest In Biu Over Ndume's Suspension By The Senate (Photos) / Herdsmen Are Vacating Ondo Forests But Leaving Trails Of Blood, Tears - Abitogun / Report Lists Top Performing Ministers In Tinubu's Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.