Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31250 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Dee60: 2:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
When 2 elephants fight, the grass suffers the brunt...!

The move by FG as announced by the minister may just as well put a final lid to university education in Nigeria.

While this continues all the government people are sending their children to top schools abroad where lecturers are respected and very well paid. When their clildren graduate, they expect them to come back to Nigeria to continue the lootocracy where their parents stopped!

I ask a question, would the resuming lecturers forfeit 5 months salary?

I am not a member of ASUU but I think that unless the conditions in our universities are improved we will continue to run around in circles! If FG has agreed to some terms, why not sign and implement?

Let everyone remember this - once the education system collapses, the nation is as good as gone!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by onyxo76(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Promhize:

And what do they produce? Abegi jare, I'm a students, I have like 3professors lecturing me. There's nothing special about them, only one is above average.
na wah for your english" I' m a students". Wait till you come back for masters degree then you"ll know what profs produce !

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
ugopeter:
imagine someone calling your father DAFT...Goes a long way to buttress the level of stupidity.

What has ur father gat to do with Jonathan insincerity on display on this thread. Must u bring him up here.
SMH
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is the ACTION FILM that I've been waiting for. When all pleading and negotiations fail, the only option left would be physical FIGHT, aka WAR. Lets do it man to man and get bruised so that both sides can learn the RIGHT lessons going forward. No one has monopoly of violence or force.

let ASUU go to supreme court or United Nations or wherever. It is part of the war. Let the President do what he can and let ASUU do what they can. It is now WAR. If we let ASUU get away with this terrorism on the university education system without a fight, we'll be setting a dangerous precedent in trade unionism.

During the last negotiations with the president which lasted for unprecedented 13 hours, the president granted ADDITIONAL concessions to ASUU but all to no avail. All these because a terrorist is the head of ASUU.

Meanwhile, we are not surprised that ASUU still enjoys the support of Tinubu and Buhari e-dogs who see the ASUU strike as part of the instruments of making the country ungovernable for a president they hate so much.

6 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Hearme(m): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zutchy: ASUU should just apply to INEC for registration as a new political party. Enough is enough.
When I watched Presido lament that the strike is political, I felt he was just joking but I now understand better.
ASUU has no reason to extend this strike this far after that meeting with the president. That meeting should have just been the way forward for ASUU. That was the first time a Nigerian President would sit to hold talks with ASUU over an ongoing strike.
The FG offered 200b and a review of the 2009 agreement in line with present realities. ASUU delegation expressed satisfaction and left to consult thier members. Since then, it has been a roforofo battle.

All the fedral govt came up with is a letter signed by the perm Sec Min of Education
for a 13hours plus meeting. ASUU seeking commitment to the agreement by Mr President or the attorney general is right.
We all heard the Senate President say publicly that, those involved in the 2009 agreement do not know their left from their right.
In my own opinion, this statement is what has led ASUU to seek governments commitment by a high ranking govenrment officer.

In all, the table has been set to call of the strike already. Wike should stop saying bullshit. I guess they are all annoyed with the G5 defection from PDP to APC.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mustaphagreens(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the next 4 years.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread
can you just listen to yourself for a second? I begin to wonder between you and jonathan who's more daft in reasoning. All ASUU is asking for now is that Jonathan should sign the agreement so far reached and make commitments on a paper, is that too much to ask of him Answer me slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Richiy(f): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
Imagine that your boyfriend/fiance/husband that you trusted so much went behind ur bk and cheated. You found out and 'went on strike'. After he 'repented', and brought his folks for negotiations, would you just jump into his arms? Wont you make very sure, ie if you want him bk, that what hapnd b4 would'nt happen again? You would check every line and angle b4 making you decision ryt? That is the exact thing ASUU is trying to do. Once bitten, twice shy.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
onyxo76: na wah for your english" I' m a students". Wait till you come back for masters degree then you"ll know what profs produce !

That was clearly a typo, think whatever you want. There are only few special Professors in Nigerian Universities. People that copy materials online, even questions.

Not everyone is interested in doing masters, only to go and start hustling for job again. If I would, it most certainly won't be in Nigeria.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by taharqa: 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
addictiv: Then getting the AG to sign is now a problem. The office of Permanent Secretary should not even be recognized in this matter.. cos the agreement can be rendered null and void if he is retired.
Oh! So you think that d Only problem is just cos d Attorney-General didn't sign d letter?? You don't seem to get that comment: the Problem here is d ULTRA-SECRETIVE nature of ASUU with respect to ending dis strike. No one knows what the want at any given point in time. That's d problem; at least for me....

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tlaret24(m): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Richiy: Imagine that your boyfriend/fiance/husband that you trusted so much went behind ur bk and cheated. You found out and 'went on strike'. After he 'repented', and brought his folks for negotiations, would you just jump into his arms? Wont you make very sure, ie if you want him bk, that what hapnd b4 would'nt happen again? You would check every line and angle b4 making you decision ryt? That is the exact thing ASUU is trying to do. Once bitten, twice shy.

Smart lady. No guy can just play a fast one on u.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by bima06: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

An insincere leader deserves to be stoned.
haba have a little respect for the number one citizen
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by akposking(m): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
I think APC have a hand in this ASUU strike using it as a means of falling Jonathan govt. Pls don'nt quote me. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Iaz93: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
If Amaechi can do it, then Jonathan will do more!

Sack them and recruit sane humans.

...and to think I was supporting ASUU at first. angry

Those old men think they can delay us. People wey don near to die o..… Mtchew!!!

Resume or become unemployed. They can join the Association of Unemployed Graduates in Nigeria gringrin

I trust my Univ., those lecturers dey fear like fowl. Dem go resume sharp sharp! grin
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by otokx(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tough talk, lets see how it goes.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by juju2008(f): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Arobam:

Mr Man, How come you know more than 60 percent of the striking lecturers who voted nationwide for the strike to end?
Your s.tupidity on this platform is grossly underestimated. If you can spare some time to use those brains in your skull, you would come to realise that you have been spewing rubbish.

At no time has FG refused to stick with its latest agreement with ASUU. the bone of contention is that Fagge has refused to heed to the call of majority of his fellow lecturers to call off a strike but is still insisting on a 2009 agreement that ihe knows FG cannot implement.
My friend keep your mouth shut. If u don't have any meaningful trying to say then shut your laptop. Stop spreading lies.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Swiftboy(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oh really! This govt is not serious! They want to take the whole thing back to zero point right? They should know its not about the promise now,its about the commitment to fulfil it.so GEJ want to play hard-ball instead of signing the papers? I wish him Goodluck! By the way ASUU should frustrate the recruitment exercise if thats what Govt want to do.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
bima06:
haba have a little respect for the number one citizen

U mean respect for a Glutton who spearheaded the consuming of a billion naira worth of food in a financial year in the midst of abject poverty.
Surely, u gat jokes. cheesy
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by frankpessu(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
ASSU as represented by its present leadership has sacrificed a noble cause on the alter of politics and entrenched interests. Since this is the situation, it should proceed immediately to INEC headquarters and apply to be registered as a political party or better still merge with APC that is encouraging it not to see reason. If they so believe in quality education, why can't they float their own universities and run them the way the want. It is only a very irresponsible government that will allow a section of its workforce to hold it to ransome.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by taharqa: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Richiy: Imagine that your boyfriend/fiance/husband that you trusted so much went behind ur bk and cheated. You found out and 'went on strike'. After he 'repented', and brought his folks for negotiations, would you just jump into his arms? Wont you make very sure, ie if you want him bk, that what hapnd b4 would'nt happen again? You would check every line and angle b4 making you decision ryt? That is the exact thing ASUU is trying to do. Once bitten, twice shy.
My frnd, go back to d Romance Section and give such Sentimental nonsense as Egs there... Do you know what ASUU want at the moment? Cos that is actuali the main problem here. When last did you see or hear from Dr Faggie Or any of d top officials of National ASUU? ....If you know what they reali want plz tell us, so we can know what exactly we wud hold d Govt on?

5 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by cumpaddre(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
abuc: ASUU has over stressed their luck. They should have resolve the strike issue a week ago. Its very funny for them to be making new demands instead of calling off the strike. Now some universities have resume which I think is a big slap on ASUU face. Just 2 days ago, Pro-Chancellors demanded lecturers and students to resume. ASUU is gradually moving towards a state of personal destruction. FG may divide them and make the Union ineffective as they did to Governors Forum. They should peacefully accept FG Negotiations since they have promised to yield to some of their demands. I honestly want ASUU to remain united in order to always pressurize any seating Government to take care of our Instituions in order to meet Global Standard and compete with Global institutions.

On a serious note, which Government have really accepted 100% demand in any negotiation? I have not seen such, though I stand to be corrected. In every negotiation, both side need to shift some ground for it to work or its no longer negotiation. The students are the ones suffering all these gamble and chess game. Lecturers are also demanding for 5 months salary arrears they did not work for. Please what will be the direct benefit of these students that have wasted over 5 months doing nothing rather be on facebook, twitter, nairaland and newspaper stands arguing about Man City and Chelsea. Will the demand also help Lecturers to stop stealing other people work on the Internet and then resell to students as Course Materials? The Universities must resume next week or else, all the lecturers will be sack... That is my final resolution
Bar man! Bar man!! BARMAN!!!!!! **yes??** ABEG DRAG 1 CRATE OF GULDER COME FOR DIS MY OGA ABEG! SHARPALY!!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Greatpooss(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is an ultimatum at the wrong time. What has GEJ and his Minister been doing since July? Afterall, 2013 has already run out. In conclusion, what shall it profits ASUU when Christmas is around the corner even if the strike is called off?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Crap, has no bearing to topic of discussion. Next.
Hahahaha, i do not expect a meaningful comment 2 eva make meaning 2 u since u're so meaningless! Everythin abt u is just negative: u eat wit ur left hand, breathe through ur mouth, read wit ur ears, sleep on ur farty-a*sshole, Gosh, everytin abt u is just d opposite n negative! Do u knw all dis insult on u 4rm Nairalanders will form a lump and affect u someday? Pls just get a life!

5 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Dannyxy(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
I support f.g, yes! Whole heartedly. ASUU is no longer fighting for we the student, they are fighting for themselves, they have diverted from the real reason for embarking on the strike.. F.g can no longer sit and watch while a group of selfish old men keep politiking with the future of the student, NO WAY!.. Note- the main reason why ASUU has not called of the strike is because of the salary arrears, and not because of the former agreement.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
stevedure:
Hahahaha, i do not expect a meaningful comment 2 eva make meaning 2 u since u're so meaningless! Everythin abt u is just negative: u eat wit ur left hand, breathe through ur mouth, read wit ur ears, sleep on ur farty-a*sshole, Gosh, everytin abt u is just d opposite n negative! Do u knw all dis insult on u 4rm Nairalanderd will form a lump and affect u someday? Pls just get a life!

What has this got to do with ASUU demands and Jonathan insincerity undecided
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by eyenCalabar(m): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
undecided

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Sermwell(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Iaz93:

I trust my Univ., those lecturers dey fear like fowl. Dem go resume sharp sharp! grin

Abeg which uni be dat? Hope its UNIBEN ooo cuz I just can't wait to resume!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Hearme(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This is the ACTION FILM that I've been waiting for. When all pleading and negotiations fail, the only option left would be physical FIGHT, aka WAR. Lets do it man to man and get bruised so that both sides can learn the RIGHT lessons going forward. No one has monopoly of violence or force.

let ASUU go to supreme court or United Nations or wherever. It is part of the war. Let the President do what he can and let ASUU do what they can. It is now WAR. If we let ASUU get away with this terrorism on the university education system without a fight, we'll be setting a dangerous precedent in trade unionism.

During the last negotiations with the president which lasted for unprecedented 13 hours, the president granted ADDITIONAL concessions to ASUU but all to no avail. All these because a terrorist is the head of ASUU.

Meanwhile, we are not surprised that ASUU still enjoys the support of Tinubu and Buhari e-dogs who see the ASUU strike as part of the instruments of making the country ungovernable for a president they hate so much.

ARE YOU A NIGERIAN?
DO YOU READ AT ALL?
CAN JONATHAN JUST SIGN WHAT HE HAS PROMISED?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Iaz93: 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Promhize:

And what do they produce? Abegi jare, I'm a students, I have like 3professors lecturing me. There's nothing special about them, only one is above average.
One lectures me. The man can't talk well. He bends while walking. For God's sake, how can a student understand a 60+ old prof? . . .with their outdated knowledge angry
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by taharqa: 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
stevedure:
Hahahaha, i do not expect a meaningful comment 2 eva make meaning 2 u since u're so meaningless! Everythin abt u is just negative: u eat wit ur left hand, breathe through ur mouth, read wit ur ears, sleep on ur farty-a*sshole, Gosh, everytin abt u is just d opposite n negative! Do u knw all dis insult on u 4rm Nairalanders will form a lump and affect u someday? Pls just get a life!
Bwahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin...... Mogbe o. I haff die with laughs
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Miner13: 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the next 4 years.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread
that he spent that time did not suggest sincerity

if jonathan mean the best, what is the big deal in signing evrything to writing document
nawa 4 dis 9ja

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hearme:

ARE YOU A NIGERIAN?
DO YOU READ AT ALL?
CAN JONATHAN JUST SIGN WHAT HE HAS PROMISED?

This is the crux of the matter. Every other thing is plain rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Gwoza (Graphic Photos) / Police Declare Dino Melaye Wanted!! / Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.