Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31249 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by taharqa: 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hearme:

ARE YOU A NIGERIAN?
DO YOU READ AT ALL?
CAN JONATHAN JUST SIGN WHAT HE HAS PROMISED?
Presidents do not sign Agreements, OLODO; a Rep of their Govts do... Abi, that one join d new SECRET demand of ASUU now??
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by premlove(m): 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the next 4 years.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread
since you know much why cant our esteem presido put wat he say to paper so that we student all cant see it or is the president afraid of writing
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Very foolish politicians.who will conduct interview for the new recruits? The same lecturers that are on strike or the VC himself and his non academic staff? or ll they use dragnet? like say na company work.....mtcheewww.
Some folks think we are in disneyland......

4 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by juju2008(f): 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Richiy: Imagine that your boyfriend/fiance/husband that you trusted so much went behind ur bk and cheated. You found out and 'went on strike'. After he 'repented', and brought his folks for negotiations, would you just jump into his arms? Wont you make very sure, ie if you want him bk, that what hapnd b4 would'nt happen again? You would check every line and angle b4 making you decision ryt? That is the exact thing ASUU is trying to do. Once bitten, twice shy.
Thank you my sister.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
I don't know why we are making too much noise about this... I hardly think signing any agreement is a problem.. There are two contending issues here, the first is the outrageous request by ASUU to be paid a salary which they didn't work for, a point all the anti GEJS here are too hypocritical to address....
The second is dat secret demand which ASUU does not want to share with the masses, that demand which they feel might make them lose public sympathy... That is the problem here... Ever bothered to ask why the much talked about 2009 agreement was shrouded in secrecy?? Let us learn to use our heads...

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Iaz93: 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sermwell:

Abeg which uni be dat? Hope its UNIBEN ooo cuz I just can't wait to resume!
No! tonguegrin

Who isn't eager to resume? Then that person is a lazy bone. .LAZY BONE!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by peter1994(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mcbussy: ASUU is over-doing dis strike of a thing,but i pity those student that feel sacking d lecturers would be a way forward....do u know how long it would take to overhaul and re-staff d number of public universities we have in Nigeria? ......just pray ASUU agrees to suspend d strike.
eyahh do you knw how long alot of them r going to remain jobless? If they think abt it very well they will resume {a junior lectr will be like.......;this stupid union has made me broke since august, now i am going to loose my job because of them, MAKA WHY?)
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
A rep of govt signed the previous agreement but Mark claimed those that signed for them are foolish.
It's time for them to sign themselves. For the sake of this country's future, a norm can be broken afterall its not unconstitutional.
Jonathan must sign.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Equilibrium41(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is d power of politics @ work... wat is d big deal abt ensuring dat der is a commitment on the promises made wen fg in its hanky panky way has refuse to honor previous agreements diz is unfair & d toothless, useless vissionless NANS is der looking like fools........ oh my GOD! d education sector is dead & student unionism is burried. wer is d spirit of aluta d driving force for beta agitation ........ i weep for this generation & the generation unborn. Let all ASUU critics know dis for sure dat if u are not a victim now ur children will curse ur muteness on this pathetic occurence in d education sector. Wike is a fool & Jonathan is drunk....... No future for diz country if our leaders continues on this trend

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by cumpaddre(m): 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
After a 13hour meeting with the commander in chief of the armed forces, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, you still want the attorney general to sign as surety nd NLC president to sign as witness. Fagge has really confirmed that igbo saying "aboki wu aboki".
Long live FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Long live GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
Long live ALL GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENTS!!!!!!

VITORIA ASCERTA!!!!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
prem love: since you know much why cant our esteem presido put wat he say to paper so that we student all cant see it or is the president afraid of writing
perhaps he has run out of ink, or his physician advised against signing documents to avoid a relapse in his medical condition. But even if his cant sign the AG must have ink and for them to allow the perm sec to sign means that it is acceptable to them. So whats so hard if you told your perm sec to sign on your behalf and the union is requesting your own signature, is it not to collect the document and sign on top of the perm sec's own?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Vivipedia: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Has FG a right over ASUU? Get to know more at: www.vivipedia.com
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by ignis: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
Now, GEJ is talking.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Abeg i wan ask one question, who go resume for school next week??, if we no resume, will dey sack us and find new students??

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Lawconfessor(f): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:
call it whatever you like, the guy is right. It is high time we started holding the guys in power accountable.
So, you prefer ASUU go back to classes based on verbal assurance from FG?
You want them to go back to classes knowing fully well that GEJ may renege on his promises? SMH

Hahahahaha sweetie, shake ur head from now till eternity, i ain't shifting an inch ground abt my assumption from most of his post on dis thread- Hatred.

Hey u! I might nt be a fan of *fresh air* but addressing mr presido wit such an unbeffitin name is widely vulgar n depicted nofin but complete hatred from a dark angle of his being.

Ask me again, i can affirmatively tell u dat putting down in hard copy of d fg's later agreement reached wif ASUU is nt just d main koko for deir refusal to call off d strike.

Tell me how one on closing his workshop for 5month expects money to flow out greet n welcome him back instead of Dust?
What then should mak up for d students whose precious time n money had being wasted- as it seems dat some have to renew rents.

What majority of us re point out now is dat he refused to sign d document, what abt d oda two proposals dey presented along side?

Let hatred n urge to paint ppl black not becloud our good sense of judgement.
I rest my case biko.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Calsito: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mandelaguy:

Here comes the resident retard on Nairaland with his i.mbecilic comments as usual.
President Jonathan is the first president to enter into direct negotiations with ASUU. He didn't do it out of weakness but a genuine desire to end the strike and get Nigerian students back to school.

It took the President 13 hours to reach a feasible agreement with ASUU (while you were asleep) and they had an understanding which includes a variation of the unimplementable 2009 agreement that ASUU reached under Yaradua.

President Jonathan told ASUU (and the facts are verifiable) that he is the president who has invested more in Education than any other.
He told them that he increased Education funding in the Budget from below 300B to 450 B. he also specialized tertiary funding through TETFUNDS.

He has undertaken the establishment of 12 new Federal universities to ensure that no state in the federation is deprived.
Since the strike started, FG has committee 100B for infrastructure and 30 B for earned allowances (no other administration has done this much)
In the same meeting, President said that despite the increased budgetary funding to Education by 450B, he will also mobilise 200 B in fulfillment of the agreement for the nextyears.

So what is ASUU's problem? Since you were born, have you heard of any President that offered this much to ASUU just to call off a strike?
It's so unfortunate that politics has beclouded our sense of reasoning in this country.
President GEJ has tried, let FG go ahead to reopen the schools and it will be a popular move as you can see from comments on this thread
clap for yourself, just look at what you wrote and your constant usage of the word 'will', these are just promises and I don't see anything wrong if ASUU want an agreement entered into with the president to be binding on the president by sealing it with signatures. Back to Wike, must everything be politics, Minister of Education indeed.
For those who think this is the right way to go about, I beg to differ because this approach by the FG will take us back to zero point, as it will not put an end to strikes by university lecturers.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Iaz93: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Most of you are daft...DAFT!!!
ASUU wants the FG to pay them their salaries and allowances for the 5months they spent striking before they call off the strike.

CHINEKE!!! shockedshocked

So, because of their salaries, we shouldn't go back to school? angry You want to he paid for a work you didn't do? LOL!

Some peeps here are outstandingly stupid! undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Sermwell(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
addictiv: Very foolish politicians.who will conduct interview for the new recruits? The same lecturers that are on strike or the VC himself and his non academic staff? or ll they use dragnet? like say na company work.....mtcheewww.
Some folks think we are in disney...
you are talking trash! So you think its all lecturers that will refuse to work?? Sit there and be decieving yourself! By this order by the FG, some lecturers are already having a rethink! Trust me, over 60percent of lecturers will still be willing to work!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1530858/ASUU-gives-conditions-end-strike

To all the hypocrites here, maybe you can tell us what the 4th demand that is so PERSONAL TO ASUU is... That is if u even bother to open the link
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Davidolives(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Mcbussy: ASUU is over-doing dis strike of a thing,but i pity those student that feel sacking d lecturers would be a way forward....do u know how long it would take to overhaul and re-staff d number of public universities we have in Nigeria? ......just pray ASUU agrees to suspend d strike.
its like u dnt know d no of unemployed graduate in nigeria
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
adeMUMUpojuot: Wetin Jonathan fit do?employ new lectures or what...
am sorry to say but that was highly fooolish,immatured n stupid of u to term da president da same way u call ur own father daft! u certainly belong to da woods..
The fed have shown more than enough commitment to addressing ASUU's grieviances to a very large extent but instead of ASUU reciprocating,if for nothing but for d students' sake,they are hell bent on carrying and playing out da secret script clearly orchestrated by disgrunted elements,to discredit da gej administration. i knew from da onset that this was a politically induced strike n d object of ridicule is da president:he must be given bad names n be hung b4 2015. no one can curse n bring down who God has blessed n lifted..we gonna hear cats mewing outta da bags pretty soon...
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Demdem(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
njokusboy: ......

What's ur business with that? Are u the FG that employed them. If the FG deemed it fit to share such details, she will. U aren't a member of ASUU and its not ur business.
If wike feels this fourth demand is the problem, let him speak out and say so. In the absence of that, its mere speculations.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
adepojuot: Wetin Jonathan fit do?employ new lectures or what...
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by adino(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
eagle,eye:

Use of gutter language comes natural to those who are afraid of facing the truth and reality.
Did I even quote you.
You foolishly did.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sermwell: you are talking trash! So you think its all lecturers that will refuse to work?? Sit there and be decieving yourself! By this order by the FG, some lecturers are already having a rethink! Trust me, over 60percent of lecturers will still be willing to work!
Which order? A declaration by decorated nicompops who have no idea on the intricacies of academic unionism in Nigeria. ...go and read your history books. Even in the military era, hostilty and threats never worked.!!!!
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by cumpaddre(m): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
taharqa: Who told you it has not been 'signed'?? The Agreement reached with d President has already been sent, and signd by d Permanent Secretary, Min of Education. ASUU is howeva just insisting that it shld be signd by d Attorney-General of d Federation. I read this in one of d Papers this morning. OR wait, you are want/expected d President himself to sign an agreement?.... I am not even sure they are signing another MOU altogether; the problem is that ASUU is astonishingly hoarding Info on d process, such that most people don't even know what they want again. Their NEC meeting in Kano for instance, was held under an ultra-secret place and environment, such that NO single Newspaper still know what reali went on in that meeting, except from crumbs of Info from 'Anonymous Sources'!! Want is ASUU reali up to? Want do they reali want, now ie what are their current demands? Why all d Secrecy and Shenanigans??
BARMAN!! angry angry ***yes bros*** DRAG ANOTHER CRATE OF GULDER COME FOR DIS MY OGA WEY WEAR WHITE FOR HERE!! ***okay bros**

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Dannyxy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

What's ur business with that? Are u the FG that employed them. If the FG deemed it fit to share such details, she will. U aren't a member of ASUU and its not ur business.
If wike feels this fourth demand is the problem, let him speak out and say so. In the absence of that, its mere speculations.
this guy is a bloody hypocrite oh! Well thank God you know that it's f.g that employed, so tha f.g can fire them when they are getting out of hand...

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
ugopeter: And the award for the Most Stupid Nairalander goes to....wait for it, wait for it, wait for it... DemDem for his stupid comments so far on this topic
Mister, there is noting silly about DEMDEM POSTS. They are d gospel if we are 2 get out of the present predicament. I suspect dat Nairaland is filled wit too many kidergarten tennagers. The truth is bitter and unpleasant. No wonder we havnt made any significant progress in our 99 yrs of living 2gether as a nation.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by onyxo76(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Promhize:

That was clearly a typo, think whatever you want. There are only few special Professors in Nigerian Universities. People that copy materials online, even questions.

Not everyone is interested in doing masters, only to go and start hustling for job again. If I would, it most certainly won't be in Nigeria.
I know its a typo just pulling your legs, in any case its a very bad situation in the acadenics, if you can leave the country all the best but quite frankly the fg is never to be trusted when it comes to agreements, look at petrol subsidy issue, where are those mass transit buses as promised, what of running railways? Now they want you to stop you running that your campus babe by making cars unaffordable. You might just wake up one day and see that public universities no longer exist due to under funding with the only option being to go to private universities if you can afford it though!

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by vitality22(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem: Foolish Govt.

Its obvious they arent interested in fulfilling any agreement. Either the one signed in 2009 or the MOU signed in 2012 or even the promises of

Jonathan after several hours of meeting with them of recent. If Jonathan is serious, why cant he sign and make his commitments on paper for all

to see and monitor. All hail ASUU, they have mastered the way of holding the govt by its balls. It will be extremely foolish for them to go back to

classes knowing fully well that Jonathan wont do as promised. Their strike and death of Iyayi would have been in vain. I expect the strike to

continue. ASUU never shut down any school, Those that shut down the schools are opening it back, so no qualms.
I mean no offence, its either you are an ASUU member or your relation is a lecturer. I have no sympathy for ASUU anymore. If the FG wants to sack them, so be it...
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mvem(m): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
Billyonaire: Our utmost priority as a people is to make sure the schools are opened so the students can get back to learning. The President has unarguably consulted all channels of diplomacy and engaged all fronts to get these gang of edu-robbers back in classes, but ASUU fails to be reasonable in their mountains of demands.

By this pronouncement, lecturers should resume their jobs and NUC should monitor them strictly and fire under-performers.
......In ur useless dream....U are Big learner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom / Buhari Fires Abeshi, Appoints Babandede As Acting Immigration Boss / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Dele Momodu In His Office In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.