Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately (31243 Views)

FG Directs Depots To Sell Kerosene At N73.37k Per Litre / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by scortez: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
ASUU, ASUU, ASUU Please
Allow My Sister Finish Her
Masters Programme In The
University Of Lagos So She Can
Do Something Better With Her
Life.I Said Some Days Ago That
U Greedy Old Shylocks Had
Lost My Sympathy.Una Want 5
Mths Salary Abi? Make Una Dey
Dere Dey Form James Bond.As
Far As I Am Concerned,My
Uncle Jonathan Is Currently
Busy With Kwankwaso And His
Cohorts(nPDP), So Instead Of
Forming Voltron,U people
Should Obey The Law Of Power
Which States" Know When To
Retreat". Before Jona Go Siddon
With Una Again E go Be
Febuary 2015. The Oracle Has
Spoken!

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

What's ur business with that? Are u the FG that employed them. If the FG deemed it fit to share such details, she will. U aren't a member of ASUU and its not ur business.
If wike feels this fourth demand is the problem, let him speak out and say so. In the absence of that, its mere speculations.

There is sumtin I dislike aside hypocrisy, its voluntary stupidity, how is it not my business?? Why wasn't the 2009 agreement published so you can read it, why did you bother debating on the issue when you were not even given the chance to see the said agreement and decide whether it is fair or not, u should not have bothered about it because it is none of your business since it is between them and the FG.. Sumtin tells me you were knocked as soon as you were delivered, why hasn't ASUU come out to say that 4th part is a mere speculation, if u knew the definiton of fair play, why didn't you dismiss the entire article as total BS?? You only consider the part which does not favour your argument a mere speculation, infact you are even a worse fool than I thought initially.... I blame myself for even engaging a gelatinous brained peacock lyk you in the first place... You have a brain, learn to use it....

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mightycrown: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
[author=kolawaxxy] So I should sit at home till next year abi? Abeg abeg abeg angry[/quote]
carry ur bag and go right. and before end of june next year u will hear anoda ASUU drums
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by tammyboy1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Most of u wnt contribute 2 d thread,al u du is lyk oda pipu's view,*smh 4 yhu*

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Akainzo(m): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
vitality22:
I mean no offence, its either you are an ASUU member or your relation is a lecturer. I have no sympathy for ASUU anymore. If the FG wants to sack them, so be it...

Have you thought about the below stuff:
1. Who will conduct the interviews for the "new" lecturers?
2. Where will the "new" Professors spring from?
3. Who will now accredit the universities with "new" lecturers?
4. When there are no qualified lecturers, not staff members, would you have a university?
5. The "new" lecturers, are they going to be banned from joining ASUU?

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by adonismuller(m): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, what am telling u is this has no serious bearing to current issue. Has FG fulfilled the part we know and told us the part unknown is the only stumbling block?
It's between them, let wike tells us if he likes. U have no authority on ASUU, u can only question ur govt.
joblessness
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by ebukaOtika(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
kokoA: The both parties are going about it the wrong way. FG cannot force these guys back to work. ASUU is used to threats right from the military era so GEJ is child's play for them. Government should just ensure that they keep to their own side of the bargain, this will make ASUU loose sympathy and they will have no choice but to go back to work. Besides, this year is gone already, no meaningful academic work can be done before the festive periods. Both parties should use the remaining part of the year to resolve this nonsense.

ARE YOU MAD , ARE YOU FOOLISH , ARE YOU CRAZY , OR ARE YOU STUPID ? just choose one ... AND IF YOUR FATHER IS AMONG , YOU BETTER ADVICE HIM TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND I MUST NOT GET TO THE LECTURE HALL BEFORE HIM ..... Idiotic boy
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by lymelyte(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

I can't be spoon feeding u. Go here and get enlightened.
https://www.nairaland.com/1530858/ASUU-gives-conditions-end-strike

So you are here again to spit out what your dead brain cells told you to abi?.. now I see,you are nothing but a shameless ape trying to justify your ignorance. I would ask how old you are, but I know you can't count that high.
I can see The only positive thing about you is your HIV status.If you really want to know about mistakes you should ask your parents.
I repeat,if you ever quote me again,i will deal with u personally.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by imauri: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Billyonaire: Our utmost priority as a people is to make sure the schools are opened so the students can get back to learning. The President has unarguably consulted all channels of diplomacy and engaged all fronts to get these gang of edu-robbers back in classes, but ASUU fails to be reasonable in their mountains of demands.

By this pronouncement, lecturers should resume their jobs and NUC should monitor them strictly and fire under-performers.

it is easy to identify a donkey when it attempts to speak
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nauttyprof(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
Boss13: if I were the president, I would sack all lecturers on strike and open up vacancies to interested lecturers. This time their contract will be renegotiated with bumper package.

This will separate those who have passion for teaching and those who are just there for the money. I will also increase education budget to adequately fund universities.

I believe the sub-set of lecturers who don't love teaching will capture the bad eggs who molest female students, collect money for handouts and those who punish students at all will

Na wa o... why nau?

Did you type 'sack'? Sometimes I just laugh. Where do you think the new lecturers will come from?

When I was still in school and adverts were placed in the dailies for lecturers in my department. Despite the status of my school (name witheld) and the attractive salary, not to talk of allowances, it was surprising that at the end of the recruitment exercise, only two were employed. Then my question was - what happens to the other positions not filled?

Please, don't bring up that word - sack as the end result will be automatic collapse of the system. Presently, tt hasn't collapsed and we are bothered about brain drain in the system.

See, let's find a lasting solution to the problem of the system rather than type with emotions. God bless Ghana (Yes!! God bless Ghana), could you believe their university system had to undergo reformation of a year sit-at-home? Now, what can you say about their universities?

Which way naija?......smh

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by igmatt2002(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
FG and ASUU has turned a simple negotiation into a complex dialogue. Nigerian students should hold both parties responsible! If an agreement of 2009 has not been fulfilled till now, what intergrity does FG have left undecided Likewise ASUU?

Just waiting for what Patrick Obahiangbon to speak grin
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by 3kay945(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Akainzo:

4. When there are no qualified lecturers, not staff members, would you have a university?

Bros, leave the kids on nairaland alone, they re learners.

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mvem(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ore_MI_22: [size=15pt]About time to use the big stick on the criminal way ASUU have ruined our educational system in Nigeria.

Speak softly but carry a BIG STICK - President Theodore Roosevelt

As a President in a semi-lawless state as Nigeria, GEJ must learn to apply the big stick when it is absolutely necessary to do so, after all pleadings and begging have fallen on deaf ears.[/size]

.....Go read up history wetin Big stick do during military era.....this is not the first time it has happened...
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by ebukaOtika(m): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demdem:

How? Is requesting that agreement signed with them be fulfilled automatically mean that they are playing politics?

What the hell and mess IS THIS THING SAYING ?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mvem(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
ebuka Otika:

ARE YOU MAD , ARE YOU FOOLISH , ARE YOU CRAZY , OR ARE YOU STUPID ? just choose one ... AND IF YOUR FATHER IS AMONG , YOU BETTER ADVICE HIM TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND I MUST NOT GET TO THE LECTURE HALL BEFORE HIM ..... Idiotic boy
.....Na u wey dey stupid...You are big learner...Please caary ur load and go school, lets see the outcome....Idiotic fool
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by mvem(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
ebuka Otika:

.....Na u wey dey stupid...You are big learner...Please carry ur load and go school, lets see the outcome....Idiotic fool
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by imauri: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Iaz93: If Amaechi can do it, then Jonathan will do more!

Sack them and recruit sane humans.

...and to think I was supporting ASUU at first. angry

Those old men think they can delay us. People wey don near to die o..… Mtchew!!!

Resume or become unemployed. They can join the Association of Unemployed Graduates in Nigeria gringrin

I trust my Univ., those lecturers dey fear like fowl. Dem go resume sharp sharp! grin

At this rate no one will delay you from ur Very bleak future... lets see how it goes> you laugh at asuus determination to secure your future , you resume, you graduate and serve and after that u join sure p because even those with foreign masters degrees are yet to break it... and the value of your degree go to your toilet... so even doe u dont realise it due to your magot filled brain, this is for your own good...... Donkey
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by osaxx: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
cyril10: Demdem is becoming too irresponsible, always abusing the president, if you don't have anything reasonable to say other than abuse the president then keep shut abeg.
DAT DEM DEM IS VERY IRRESPONSIBLE AND ALSO ON THE PAY ROLL OF APC......NEVER SEEING ANYTIN GOOD OF HIS PRESIDENT...DATS THE REASON HE WILL CONTINUE TO SUFFER...EVERYBODY WANT MIRACULOUS TRANSFORMATION FROM GEJ IN A SHORT WHILE OF 3YRS.....BUT OBJ GOT 8YRS AND THEY DIDNT EXPECT HIM TO DO ANYTHING GOOD....YAR'ADUA SAME....PLS U PPL SHOULD ALLOW THIS MAN TO PORTRAY HIS GOODWILL FOR NIGERIA..STOP DISTRACTING HIM...

because THEY KNOW JONATHANS NAME WILL ENTER RECORD AND HISTORY WILL HAVE IT AS THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER KNOWN IN NIGERIA, SO THEY WANT TO DO EVERYTHIN TO STOP THAT HISTORY....THEY PREFER SOMEBODY FROM THEIR REGION TO BE THAT MESSR... THAT IS WHERE THE ETHNIC DIVIDE BEGINS.......THEY ACT AS IF JONATHAN IS THE FIRST PRESIDENT THIS COUNTRY HAS PRODUCED........GEJ IS TRYING HARD TO COVER ALL THE LOOPHOLES OF THE FORMER ADMINISTRATION FOR OVER 50YRS ANARCHY, CORRUPTION, MARGINALIZATION, HATRED, RELIGIOUS PROBLEMS, INTIMIDATION....IINSTEAD OF THIS GENERATION TO APPRECIATE HIM....THEY INSTEAD INFLUENCED ASUU STRIKE, CREATED BOKO HARAM, INCITED GOOD NIGERIANS AGAINST THEIR PRESIDENT...

BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.....WE HAVE ALL COME OF AGE.....GOD HAS VINDICATED THE MINORITY TRIBES OF NIGERIA....

LONG LIVE GEJ.....LONG LIVE NIGERIA....

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
The lecturers have every right to demand for their arrears cos they have unfinished work. They ll still conduct the second semester exams, they ll mark the scripts and graduate the students, they have unfinished work and they should be paid cos they ll finish it before they continue with a fresh session and nobody works for free. If the govt had kept its own end of the bargain this strike will never have happened. If the govt doesnt pay em, they may return but ll begin with a fresh session then what happens to students who have one more semester to graduate. Its gonna be a crazy situation trust me.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by iregpeter(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
story story, another story! lets wait and see, until dec 4. Mk we know who strong pass fg or ASUU
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by 3kay945(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pls, has ASUU responded to this threat? I really need to update my diary.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by OreMI22: 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
mvem: .....Go read up history wetin Big stick do during military era.....this is not the first time it has happened...

Bros,
I am a scholar of history, you have nothing to teach me, i should be teaching you history!
My biggest frustration with GEJ have been his reluctance to apply the stick preferring only carrots to solve problems. Imagine he once said he was not an army general when he was begged to take the battle to Boko Haram at the height of their murdering of Nigerians! You cannot rule Nigeria unless you are prepared to play hard ball after negotiations fail or a group holding the nation hostage refuse any negotiation or appeal.

Just like the Boko Haram issue that he finally woke up to his responsibility as the C in C to apply the stick on terrorists instead of pleading endlessly for them to negotiate, the only solution to ASUU case is also to play hard ball since they won't negotiate.

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Iaz93: 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
imauri:

At this rate no one will delay you from ur Very bleak future... lets see how it goes> you laugh at asuus determination to secure your future , you resume, you graduate and serve and after that u join sure p because even those with foreign masters degrees are yet to break it... and the value of your degree go to your toilet... so even doe u dont realise it due to you magot filled brain, this is for your own good...... Donkey
Dullards always think they have a point. SMH!

...because your future is going to be bleak doesn't mean it's going to be the same for others.

I know you're already thinking of SURE-P. Bloödy pessimist!

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by collins2good(m): 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
kolawaxxy: So I should sit at home till next year abi? Abeg abeg abeg angry
the set of people that go to school just because dey want to avoid house arrest , my friend sit at home till next year.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by imauri: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
ebuka Otika:

obviously u are 1 of the reasons y ASUU is doing this, to save all you undergraduates... u brains are filled with maggots...... do you think you can be heard by displaying such toxic levels of gross foolishness? no. then again you cannot help who you are so who am i to stop you from achieveing your full potential as a compound yam eating goat... however goats are wiser....than you of cause, (completeing this just incase u are dumber than anticipated)

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Let's the strike continue
I say No Work No pay. If u re not part of d solution u re part of the problems. When negotiations was taking place ASUU would have called off strike to show that they re really fighting for education. They knew govt wouldn't meet they demand for over 3month they keep insisting for the implementation of the 2009 agreement signed with FG after meeting with Sambo and Jonathan another agreement was reached during the time negotiations was taking place while did they not call of the strike.... in a battle between two group both parties would declare seize fire for negotiations talk to place ASUU failed to do so even when govt was ready to.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Dgaffer(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gud move by Gej crew bt he shld hav acted earlier than nw cos, Al those Harms dat the Strike has done how can it be remitted. Dusting My Bag ad luking my lectur notes bt Please ooo na Who rember my Reg Numbr, chei wey my Course Rep where him dey make him remind me Please
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by lymelyte(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Most of you guys write as if it is all lecturers that supports this strike action. Let not forget that ASUU conducted a vote within themselves regarding the suspension of the strike and those for d suspension won the vote. So if recruitment is anything to go by,i believe it won't be a problem as some lecturers want the strike to be suspended.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Akainzo:

(1) Not all professors and lecturers are part of ASUU, so interview wouldn't be a problem.
(2) The new professors would spring from where the previous ones sprung from besides unionism is about interests, many of the professors would return to their work and ASUU would become irrelevant... They are not too keen to be fired..
(3) ASUU does not accredit universities, the NUC does and they aren't even on friendly terms with ASUU..
(4) Joining ASUU is not neccesary, when this previously unemployed people are now getting paid and enjoying the goods, do you think they would bother about ASUU?
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by imauri: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
Iaz93: Dullards always think they have a point. SMH!

...because your future is going to be bleak doesn't mean it's going to be the same for others.

I know you're already thinking of SURE-P. Bloödy pessimist!

lol, first stop, i graduated long ago, secondly i have a very VERY good job, long story/ short im living ur dreamS. SOME WHERE IN THE WORLD...lol so my man or what ever u are... dont fight it bro just let it happen.... because you destination has already being assigned to you....lol... that is unless you grow some brain today.... lol, can you grow some brain?? if u cant then no worries, sure p will make do....LOL....
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by addictiv(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
njokusboy:

(1) Not all professors and lecturers are part of ASUU, so interview wouldn't be a problem.
(2) The new professors would spring from where the previous ones sprung from besides unionism is about interests, many of the professors would return to their work and ASUU would become irrelevant... They are not too keen to be fired..
(3) ASUU does not accredit universities, the NUC does and they aren't even on friendly terms with ASUU..
(4) Joining ASUU is not neccesary, when this previously unemployed people are now getting paid and enjoying the goods, do you think they would bother about ASUU?

My brother you re truly ignorant of the intricacies involved in making a prof. Who ll approve their publications? In areas where They have only 2 or 3 profressors in Nigera how will they fare? For you to even do masters you must be interviewed not to talk of phd. Who ll read your dissertation n prema facial.?
Mehn now I look at it more critically the govt just took on an unbeatable opponent.
Re: FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately by godman01(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
abuc: ASUU has over stressed their luck. They should have resolve the strike issue a week ago. Its very funny for them to be making new demands instead of calling off the strike. Now some universities have resume which I think is a big slap on ASUU face. Just 2 days ago, Pro-Chancellors demanded lecturers and students to resume. ASUU is gradually moving towards a state of personal destruction. FG may divide them and make the Union ineffective as they did to Governors Forum. They should peacefully accept FG Negotiations since they have promised to yield to some of their demands. I honestly want ASUU to remain united in order to always pressurize any seating Government to take care of our Instituions in order to meet Global Standard and compete with Global institutions.

On a serious note, which Government have really accepted 100% demand in any negotiation? I have not seen such, though I stand to be corrected. In every negotiation, both side need to shift some ground for it to work or its no longer negotiation. The students are the ones suffering all these gamble and chess game. Lecturers are also demanding for 5 months salary arrears they did not work for. Please what will be the direct benefit of these students that have wasted over 5 months doing nothing rather be on facebook, twitter, nairaland and newspaper stands arguing about Man City and Chelsea. Will the demand also help Lecturers to stop stealing other people work on the Internet and then resell to students as Course Materials? The Universities must resume next week or else, all the lecturers will be sack... That is my final resolution
u av spoken my mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri / 2015: Plot To Drop Sambo Thickens / Senator Abe Walks On Bare Feet In His Community (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.