Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Violence In Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7879 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Yeah? and you can go phock yourself silly for all I care. Next time you see my post, just waka past.

Mtcheew!
Bridle your tongue ma'am, @bolded makes you sound silly...

It seems nairaland is bringing out the best in you?undecided

6 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I'm cool jare.

Fact is, I won't see wrong and sugar coat it because it's a fellow female. Life is precious and losing the lives of innocent kids out of carelessness is unforgivable. If that man had hit some other vehicle and killed the occupants in it, will she still have found the mouth to carry on arguing with him?

Some people only learn the hard way, and that wife unfortunately, is one of them.
yes true.they are both wrong but heaping the blame on the woman alone is not right,the man too has his own fault shey you know?

What stops the man from parking and walking out with his kids.must violence always be used.

In no circumstance do i support violence

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Everyone should endeavour to learn karate or one form of defense system.
If you can't
Use of pepper spray. Get Cameroon pepper design.
Lets go dia
grin

Naija
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Cykik: Smh @some mothers here
and when your male child ask you for advice about his wife, you'l advice him to beat his wife? Have you thought what kind of mother you'l be.

The Op didnt tell us what caused their quarell. What if the man made the woman angry that she couldn't hold her tongue anymore. Anger has its peak that even a patient woman needs to talk. Stop judging them, no one knew what hapened. How can a man beat his wife. No matter what the cause maybe,shes nt an animal. How many men that beats their wife has stamina to beat men at kirikiri prison. Practicing their skills on their wife. I can't be submisive to that level. I rather leave than to stay.

Let's not get personal here.

Firstly, my sons will not marry such a loose mouth to start with.

Secondly as per your last line, I'm sure you're intelligent enough not to carry an argument that far to start with. You wouldn't quarrel with your spouse in front of your children will you? You also would understand your spouse enough to know you're crossing boundaries and won't be blind to the red flag / alerts.

Finally, I'm assuming you'll respect yourself to know that whatever the quarell was about, it can wait - and arguing while driving is an absolute no-no.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I'm cool jare.

Fact is, I won't see wrong and sugar coat it because it's a fellow female. Life is precious and losing the lives of innocent kids out of carelessness is unforgivable. If that man had hit some other vehicle and killed the occupants in it, will she still have found the mouth to carry on arguing with him?

Some people only learn the hard way, and that wife unfortunately, is one of them.
Seriously? Quelle surprise...sad
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Let's not get personal here.

Firstly, my sons will not marry such a loose mouth to start with.

Secondly as per your last line, I'm sure you're intelligent enough not to carry an argument that far to start with. You wouldn't quarrel with your spouse in front of your children will you? You also would understand your spouse enough to know you're crossing boundaries and won't be blind to the red flag / alerts.

Finally, I'm assuming you'll respect yourself to know that whatever the quarell was about, it can wait - and arguing while driving is an absolute no-no.
Listen to yourself woman! Go through all your posts on this thread, you haven't made sense, take it from me.smiley

6 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I'm cool jare.

stop using the kids as an excuse. Put your self in that woman shoes. Ok .what if your husband caused you to do what you didnt want to do, and he beats you, will you agree that his right for beating you?
Many women die from that single act. Why do you think in america you can't beat your wife. Common sense some people will refuse to get

4 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ok, I suspect Efe's account has been hacked, two wrongs don't make a right. If we are looking at the kids, what about if while he was beating his wife, one of the kids walks into the road and has an accident. what would be said now ?
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
steph7:
Oh yes, she was wrong to push the man to his limits but obviously he is an animal, what sort of thing would beat his wife, the mother of his children in public!, so if it was his boss that was in the car daring him, he'll come and beat him/her abi ?

To be a boss, one needs to have managerial skills.

Part of acquiring those managerial skills is being able to demonstrate effective conflict resolution. His boss won't descend to the level of a fishy wife.

kulyie: na wetin dey suprise me o my brother,that even women/mothers can encourage domestic violence shocked if women dont see anything wrong in what the man has done then the generation of our kids is finished,smh

It's not about supporting domestic violence - stop getting carried away kuylie. It's unlike you.

When placed between the devil and the deep blue sea, you have to take the option that will save lives, no matter how unappealing it will be. If beating her to keep her mouth shut was the only way to avert a fatal accident, then what's the problem?

Obviously sme-sme, gentle-gentle talk didn't work with her and the guy was pushed to the limit.

He warned her and she dared him! For the poster asking me what he'd do if it was his boss in that car...if his boss warned him, will he dare her to do her worse??
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
This is Efe hubby typing grin tongue

Efe come o, oga don show here lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
Bridle your tongue ma'am, @bolded makes you sound silly...

It seems nairaland is bringing out the best in you?undecided

Eminado01:
Seriously? Quelle surprise...sad

Eminado01:
Listen to yourself woman! Go through all your posts on this thread, you haven't made sense, take it from me.smiley

C'mon gerrrrout!

You've been noticed so kindly stop quoting me! grin grin

Listen, just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'll condone stup!d!ty. Fish mouth deserved that beating. End of story.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
steph7: Ok, I suspect Efe's account has been hacked, two wrongs don't make a right. If we are looking at the kids, what about if while he was beating his wife, one of the kids walks into the road and has an accident. what would be said now ?
Seriously, I'm surprised at her. Maybe that's how her matrimony blossoms, we can't rule that possibility out.

Tell us Efe, your ideology depicts your matrimony right?

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Kulyie, you and I wouldn't do what she did because we respect ourselves too much.

If that woman had any iota of respect for herself and moreso for her husband, she would have kept her big mouth shut in the first place! According to @OP's story, they were having a heated argument in front of their kids.

We women tend to have whiplashes for tongues and words spoken sometimes cut much deeply than being hit. The man was driving. He asked her to keep quiet or else there'll be repercussions. She dared him to lift a finger. So he did and she got what she wanted.

Let's start from the beginning on assumptions here: Most men are quiet by nature. I bet you, she probably started the argument. The man being a man probably ignored her for as long as he could...which begs the question - do we even know how long he'd been subjected to her foul mouth? Eventually he snaps and trades words with her, but is still in control enough to warn her to keep quiet. If she had any sense at that point, she would have heeded the advice. But no, madam de madam don see red and just had to trade words fire-for-fire. Eventually the man snaps.

Not everyone is the same or has the same threshold for withstanding insults. Some people have low boiling points. If this idi0t of a woman really understood her husband, she should have known she was treading thin ice, that he was dangerously close to losing his cool. Hopefully, her eyes go done clear now.

At least, there was no fatal accident and hopefully, she's learnt her lesson and, I am grateful no lives were lost!

Shikena!
nawa o,efe,you dissapoint me no be small.if anybody say na like this you go talk,or they even say efemena talk this,i go say na lie,not the efe i know.anyway i hope you noticed where the man said i will beat you o,you know me,hreatenig violence.does that not mean he has been doing that before long.also,that nonsense he performed,can he do it somewhere in uk,america,canada or other developed countries even if the woman was ranting like a mad woman.is it not here in Nigeria that anything goes .no matter what we are all human beings and not animals,God gave each and everyone of us the ability to control their tempers
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

C'mon gerrrrout!

You've been noticed so kindly stop quoting me! grin grin

Listen, just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'll condone stup!d!ty. Fish mouth deserved that beating. End of story.

@bolded, you really can't help but be a shrew right? Lol, keep typing, karma is a s3xy b1tch you know?smiley

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Obviously sme-sme, gentle-gentle talk didn't work with her and the guy was pushed to the limit.

He warned her and she dared him! For the poster asking me what he'd do if it was his boss in that car...if his boss warned him, will he dare her to do her worse??
i cant imagine this comment. So if he was pushed does it mean that he should turn her to punching bag.
You agree that she should have waited till they get home before she talked back, but you didnt say that the man should have waited to get home before he beats her. What kind of judgment are you giving out now. God knows that i rather leave that house that to die prematurely.

5 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

To be a boss, one needs to have managerial skills.

Part of acquiring those managerial skills is being able to demonstrate effective conflict resolution. His boss won't descend to the level of a fishy wife.

It's not about support domestic violence - stop getting carried away kuylie. It's unlike you.

When placed between the devil and the deep blue sea, you have to take the option that will save lives, no matter how unappealing it will be. If beating her to keep her mouth shut was the only way to avert a fatal accident, then what's the problem?

haaaaa,lobatan,this is not efemena,no no no.somebody is impersonating her.haaaaaaa shocked kojejebe.

Somebody is using efemena.it is not efemena sitting behind that computer typing this,i dont believe so shocked

this is not efemena,lai lai,it is somebody else shocked
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Cykik: stop using the kids as an excuse. Put your self in that woman shoes. Ok .what if your husband caused you to do what you didnt want to do, and he beats you, will you agree that his right for beating you?
Many women die from that single act. Why do you think in america you can't beat your wife. Common sense some people will refuse to get

Firstly, the kids were in that car - that is a FACT whether you like it or not.

Secondly, if I were in that woman's shoes, I'll never argue with my hubby in front of my kids. What sort of example would I be setting as a mother? I'll bite my tongue and listen to some music to calm my nerves - it works all the time.

Finally, my hubby respects himself and will never descend that low. But most importantly, I respect him more not to run my mouth like an idiot in the presence of others, moreso when he's driving.

Now does that answer all of your personal questions??

Chillisauce: This is Efe hubby typing grin tongue

Very funny.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: This is Efe hubby typing grin tongue

May God bless you abundantly for this. I was going to type this exactly as you wrote it.

It must be her husband typing, whether anyone likes it or not, I refuse to believe this is Efe typing!

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
Cykik: i cant imagine this comment. So if he was pushed does it mean that he should turn her to punching bag.
You agree that she should have waited till they get home before she talked back, but you didnt say that the man should have waited to get home before he beats her. What kind of judgment are you giving out now. God knows that i rather leave that house that to die prematurely.

Do you think if she had shut her trap, the husband would have beaten her? Stop excusing the woman. There are actions and reactions. Let her take responsibility for her big mouth.

Since you use the analogy of one's boss - if her boss was driving, would she have ranted and raved at him??
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
May God bless you abundantly for this. I was going to type this exactly as you wrote it.

It must be her husband typing, whether anyone likes it or not, I refuse to believe this is Efe typing!

You know nothing about me.

I will never call black white or vice versa.

I'm not a blind feminist that supports f00lishness just because it was condoned by a woman.
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: haaaaa,lobatan,this is not efemena,no no no.somebody is impersonating her.haaaaaaa shocked kojejebe.

Somebody is using efemena.it is not efemena sitting behind that computer typing this,i dont believe so shocked

this is not efemena,lai lai,it is somebody else shocked

Why?

Oya sit down there, dey deny.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Everyone should endeavour to learn karate or one form of defense system.
If you can't
Use of pepper spray. Get Cameroon pepper design.
Lets go dia
grin

Naija
my friend park well o jare cheesy you see that the heat here is gradually increasing,instead of you to carry abebe and be blowing the place so that the heat will go down,you are fuelling it again cheesy fighting karate or cameroon pepper splashing bitibawo? cheesy

take time o 8-)
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You know nothing about me.

I will never call black white or vice versa.

I'm not a blind feminist that supports f00lishness just because it was condoned by a woman.
Laughing out real loud! You'll have to convince more than just me that you're actually Efemena behind this handle, Nice trytongue
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Why?

Oya sit down there, dey deny.
haaaaa it is not efemena o,because the efemena i know no dey dey aggressive like this shocked somebody don get her password,they pretend like say na the real efemena.the real efemena is gentle and very motherly,but this one,no be efemena.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Secondly, if I were in that woman's shoes, I'll never argue with my hubby in front of my kids. What sort of example would I be setting as a mother. I'll bite my tongue and listen to some music to calm my nerves - it works all the time.

Finally, my hubby respects himself and will never descend that low.
i agree that the kids were in that car. But the bolded doesnt work as long as anger is concerned. Everything has a limit and boundary including anger. We are from different family and diferent people. Your hubby may be calm but not another person's hubby. That man is a wide animal that deserves the zoo. Cant he act like a matured man as he is?

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Where is coogar, I suspect he has hacked her account grin. Efe sounds like coogar on this thread undecided
Re: Violence In Marriage by vizion: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Oh please! Will you two just get a grip??!!

I do not in anyway support f00lishness and what that woman demonstrated was f00lishness at it's peak! So if beating the daylight out of her is what it took to avert a fatal accident then so be it.

Seems like you've quickly forgotten the story of the Nigerian man that got killed on the M25 highway, just to escape the his wife's caustic tongue. Do you not think that stooopid woman regrets that action everyday of her life now? Can she undo what's been done?

As a driver myself, I know how much concentration I need when driving - moreso if I'm carrying my husband and kids (my life) in that vehicle. The last thing I want is to lose focus and hit some innocent soul or God forbid, endanger the life of my loved ones, just because an uncouth spouse hasn't got the decency to curb her tongue!

What on earth could they be arguing about that can't wait till they get home? If descending to her level of ignorance is what it takes to avert a fatal accident, then so be it! Besides, he warned the illiterate woman to shut her gob but what did she do? She dared him to beat her up!

What arrant nonsense!

It beats my imagination why people do not give verbal abuse the same attention they give to physical abuse.

As a guy, I would not hit a lady, however, if a lady verbally abuse a man, I would tell her to happily 'chop' the beating when it gets her way.

you should note that unlike physical abuse, verbal abuse has driven many ppl to commit suicide, lose their self esteem and self confidence.

we should say no to abuse in all forms, either physical or verbal. but if you choose to abuse anyone in any mode, allow the person to chose the mode he feels appropriate to respond with.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:

gbam.

May i go commot my earing and come back as this thing unfold.i go watch this thread this night cheesy no television tonight grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
this is not efe o. Efe were u dey. **sits on bench, chews chewing stick, spits and whistle, waiting 4d real efe to come**
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author= friend park well o jare cheesy you see that the heat here is gradually increasing,instead of you to carry abebe and be blowing the place so that the heat will go down,you are fuelling it again cheesy fighting karate or cameroon pepper splashing bitibawo? cheesy

take time o 8-)[/quote]

Nairaland. I know this place is a crazy place.
Efe showing the hard part.

Kulyie on the soft part.

Hehehe

Make I charge my phone first. Na siddon look I dey.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
steph7: Where is coogar, I suspect he has hacked her account grin. Efe sounds like coogar on this thread undecided
i dont think its coogar jare because no matter how weired coogar dey,he still dey civilized.that one na bush meat na cheesy

coogar na chauvenist but im own chauvenism never reach the level of violence,at least going by his several posts,one can know what he is capable of saying
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
vizion:

It beats my imagination why people do not give verbal abuse the same attention they give to physical abuse.

As a guy, I would not hit a lady, however, if a lady verbally abuse a man, I would tell her to happily 'chop' the beating when it gets her way.

you should note that unlike physical abuse, verbal abuse has driven many ppl to commit suicide, lose their self esteem and self confidence.

we should say no to abuse in all forms, either physical or verbal. but if you choose to abuse anyone in any mode, allow the person to chose the mode he feels appropriate to respond with.
True!! both physical and verbal abuse are wrong, nobody is supporting the woman's words but to start beating your wife in public in front of your children, leaving them unattended just because you want to show you are a man is callous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Explains The Horrible Way He Found Out His Wife Was Cheating!!! / Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? / 7 Movies Every Married And Unmarried Couple Should Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.