Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Violence In Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7880 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: is a lie.violence is not everywhere.

so tell us one country where there's no domestic violence.

bukatyne: For posters saying the woman deserved the beating et al,I guess the man would also pounce on a fellow man that way.

We do not even know the cause of the arguement afteral they were both shouting on each other. I believe the woman should also do the same if she was the one driving.

If the woman had ran into the road and died, I am sure we will all blame the man for been a violent man.

Let us make up our minds and support beating et al if we want to. It is all this talking from both sides and insincere lip service that doesn't make some things work in our society.

If a man driving has the licence to park his car, drag his wife out and beat her up because she was assumed to run her mouth in public with the kids in view why can't he beat her at home?

It is well

yes, you are very correct!
there has never been a case of 2 men fighting each other in the history of nigeria.
Re: Violence In Marriage by pickabeau1: 12:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
drmary: .Any man that lays his hand on a woman,be it a younger sister,girlfriend,colleague or wife is an animal.once u do that d woman is ever justified.

What do you call a woman that lays hands on a man, brother or male colleague/.//
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
pickabeau1:

What do you call a woman that lays hands on a man, brother or male colleague/.//
That one na male abuser.
Re: Violence In Marriage by pickabeau1: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
PocketEconomist: That one na male abuser.

lol... aka shenimal or she-animal
Re: Violence In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
I am actually Laughing out loud!

Most people only respond to force!

steph7:
No oh! when its a fellow able bodied man like him, that's when he'll know how to pick his battles wisely and control his anger.
A woman I know used to get beaten by her husband regularly in the early days of their marriage in the presence of their 2 kids, up till the extent that she lost a six month old pregnancy.
Soon the wife decided to take care of her self and started taking self defense classes, I suspect she practised her newly acquired skills on him one day when he tried to hit her, because these days he has suddenly misplaced his violent side. She doesn't even beg or ask nicely when she wants something all she does is say what she wants, if hubby doesn't answer, his own don finish be that.
They have the most dysfunctional marriage I have ever seen, the man is now so timid in his own house, At times I start pitying him, then I remember he is getting a taste of his own medicine.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Birthday mate,

I can see you cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
Violence and abuse is never justifiable, unless it is self defence. I believe mature people are able to control their anger/emotions and it should definitely not be in front of the kids. Now, doing that in public is even more ridiculous. Some people no get shame, I wonder how they will sit in the same car and go for another party where the same people had to separate them at the last party.

Physical abuse is bad and the man was clearly wrong. Two wrongs never make a right, husband was wrong to have beaten his wife in public and in full view of the kids. Absolutely unacceptable. However, abuse is not always physical. It is very possible that the woman had also been abusive emotional and verbally. May be the only difference is that she cannot physically beat the man but the summary is that, they both have no shame and not fit to be parents. If they in a civilised society, the state should take those kids from them. Not sure what they think they are teaching the kids. Shameless couple, irresponsible parents.

3 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
bukatyne: Birthday mate,

I can see you cheesy

You know I am always stalking you. And I always agree with you everytime! grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nash, were hv u been since.
I've been hoping to c ur contribution on that baby mama thread.
Not only me o, loads of pple.
Guess u r very busy.

I fit fight with u there but I greatly respect ur judgement most times and its missed on that thread.
Will u do me d honour?
Pleeeeese darling? kiss.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

so tell us one country where there's no domestic violence.

yes, you are very correct!
there has never been a case of 2 men fighting each other in the history of nigeria.
yugoslavia and some other countries i cant remember
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
pickabeau1:

Well.... does that only happen in nigeria....

nope
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: yugoslavia and some other countries i cant remember

you can't be serious....

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

how did the dude eff up?
he's put the final stop to a reoccurrence. this couldn't possibly be the first time. if they were at home then no excuses - he should have stormed out of the house to cool off.

on this day, he was driving. he couldn't possibly park the car & abandon his wife & kids on the road. the only solution is to silence the parrot the only way he knew. ;Dyeah the man is a hero in your village.oya make una go give am chieftaincy title na

the man is a hero. cool
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

how did the dude eff up?
he's put the final stop to a reoccurrence. this couldn't possibly be the first time. if they were at home then no excuses - he should have stormed out of the house to cool off.

on this day, he was driving. he couldn't possibly park the car & abandon his wife & kids on the road. the only solution is to silence the parrot the only way he knew. grin yeah the man is a hero in your village.make una go give am chieftaincy title na.animals that look like humans

the man is a hero. cool
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
@coogar yeah the man is a hero IN YOUR VILLAGE.make una go give am chieftaincy title na
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
Efemena, I dey see you o, Lol, talk nah abegcheesy You just left us to our gibberish yesternight abi?grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
grin ;Dkulyie did you say Yugoslavia .

My belle o grin

I actually pee in my pants laughing now.
Of all places. Chai. grin cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce: grin ;Dkulyie did you say Yugoslavia .

My belle o grin

I actually pee in my pants laughing now.
Of all places. Chai. grin cheesy

she's never serious....
eastern europe where you have the highest human trafficking & girls are forced into pröstitution is kulyie's best example. sometimes, i think kulyie takes alomo bitters before posting.

kulyie: @coogar yeah the man is a hero IN YOUR VILLAGE.make una go give am chieftaincy title na

he's a hero in lagos. grin cheesy cool
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

she's never serious....
eastern europe where you have the highest human trafficking & girls are forced into pröstitution is kulyie's best example. sometimes, i think kulyie takes alomo bitters before posting.

he's a hero in lagos. grin cheesy cool

grin grin pls let me sign off from here abeg before I get in trouble laughing so loud here.
Oh my
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: an illiterate with no parental supprt/upbringing is not different from an ape,chimpanze,dog,monkey etc.education kills innate animalistic instincts,it refines a person so i dont see how a normal person will slap a conductor who doesnt even care about his own life talkless of others and expect not to be beaten to stupor.

This is a married man with kids we are talking about here and not a conductor,those ones are not human beings as far as i am concerned,they just look like one,in behaviour and characteristics,they are animals so as a married man,the same way a woman has responsibilities to a man is the same way a man has to his wife.on the day he was making vows,he promised beforeGod and man to love,cherish,protect and defens her and not abuse her.

Why will a man that calls himself a man that has shame will not control his anger till he gets home and mind you there are other ways of dealing with a woman without touching her instead of violence.e.g leaving the house for her for like one month or just comming to the house to sleep without saying anything to her or eating her food.no matter how acidic a womans tongue is,i have never seen a man hitting a lady in public in sane societies,that is the day he will be locked up and not see his kids again so what are we talking about.infact,they will say leaving kids with him is dangerous since he cannot even control his anger with his wife how much more kids.

Oh really?

So what you're saying basically is that there are two types of men viz:

~ The normal, cool-tempered and educated ones that women should try and take advantage of, by being verbally abusive with them - because as gentlemen, they're trained not to retaliate...and

~ The agberos, molue bus drivers / conductors, roadside mechanics that any normal thinking woman should be wary of, respect, and not cross lines, abi?

What sort of logic is that? So you basically acknowledge that the 'low-lifers' should be respected if one doesn't want to get beaten to a stupor.

So agberos / molue bus drivers and conductors / roadside mechanics...infact 'rough' men nor dey marry? Is that what you're saying?

Listen gentleman or not, educated or not, you do not raise your voice against your husband and run off your mouth like a leaky tap especially when he's driving no matter the provocation. Do you even know what she said to him before he snapped? How d'you know fish mouth didn't insult this man's mother??

~ She shamelessly verbally abused her man IN PUBLIC.
~ He asked her to shut it else bear the consequences.
~ She dared him IN PUBLIC.
~ He stopped the car.
~ She refused to take her @rse outta da vehicle.
~ He pulled her out (with fish mouth probably cursing, swearing and insulting his family).
~ Then he gave her a taste of her own medicine (abuse) in public.

I bet you she's learnt her lesson the tough way. Arrant Nonsense!
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce:

Long epistle you dey preach give Efe. Once someone has an opinion here, you can't change it. You go write tire. Just move with the flow. Anyone with brain will choose how he wants to manage his life.

I will NEVER support such a woman. She pushed her man to the brink, to the end of his tether and even then, he offered her an opportunity to save herself by shutting her darn mouth. Did she take it? He warned her that he'll beat her. She dared him!

Abeg make una talk another one jare.
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
ileobatojo: Ok, now that the entertainment's fizzling out, let's get to the million dollar question.... Which regular poster is Eminado? cheesy

Someone who claims to be 'new' in nland. Been here for less than a week and claims to 'know' me.

My stalkers dey multiply in ten-folds undecided
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I will NEVER support such a woman. She pushed her man to the brink, to the end of his tether and even then, he offered her an opportunity to save herself by shutting her darn mouth. Did she take it? He warned her that he'll beat her. She dared him!

Abeg make una talk another one jare.

don't mind them.....
men are supposed to have self-control & be a gentleman but women should have a free rein to insult & verbally abuse their husbands. few hours later, these people would be telling you there should be sex equality.

bunch of hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Someone who claims to be 'new' in nland. Been here for less than a week and claims to 'know' me.

My stalkers dey multiply in ten-folds undecided
For your mindcheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
Yes I can remember now.
Eminado is the name of tiwa savage latest song,right.

Babe, why did u choose it?
I lv that song. She make sense there.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
There are so many ways to resolve issues. Violence is not the answer.
Someone once told me a story of a woman who was always giving her husband headache with her sharp mouth. Never did he hit her, instead he spoke to her on numerous occasions. With all the talking she refused to change. He gave her a last chance, she thought he was joking until he locked her out of the house one day and brought in another woman.
That's when her eyes cleared. After months of countless begging and family intervention she came back to her home a changed woman but it was already too late.
Men if your wife gives you too much headache pack her things back to her father's house instead of hitting her.

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
steph7: There are so many ways to resolve issues. Violence is not the answer.
Someone once told me a story of a woman who was always giving her husband headache with her sharp mouth. Never did he hit her, instead he spoke to her on numerous occasions. With all the talking she refused to change. He gave her a last chance, she thought he was joking until he locked her out of the house one day and brought in another woman.
That's when her eyes cleared. After months of countless begging and family intervention she came back to her home a changed woman but it was already too late.
Men if your wife gives you too much headache pack her things back to her father's house instead of hitting her.

You've just described a long-standing situation with no immediate threats or risks to human life.

The man's situation in this story is different. He was driving and warned her to shut the hell up so he could focus. She refused and continued with her tirade. He stopped the car and she refused to get out. What more should he have done to stop the flow of hurtful words from her pit of a mouth? undecided
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You've just described a long-standing situation with no immediate threats or risks to human life.

The man's situation in this story is different. He was driving and warned her to shut the hell up so he could focus. She refused and continued with her tirade. He stopped the car and she refused to get out. What more should he have done to stop the flow of hurtful words from her pit of a mouth? undecided

dance for her. grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by pickabeau1: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: nope

Good

Human emotions are human, not limited to a country, region or locale

In the same US, there are communities that beat their wives

Just last week they discovered a clan of 40 people that inbred amongst themselves

Why una alike to attack naija
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
I don't see where the op stated that the wife started the verbal abuse. They were both shouting on each other, dt's what she said! The kind of shouting dt people outside the car could hear them clearly! If we want to judge this on the basis of action and reaction, we cannot judge right cos we dunno who started the cycle! No woman out of soooooo much joy and happiness starts shouting on her husband in a car!

Also, beating her does not in anyway save lives in this situation. For God's sake, they could have pushed each other towards an oncoming vehicle, the kids could av attempted to intervene and another vehicle hit them in the process. In a society where bikes are always emerging out of nowhere, everybody could get in trouble as dt place might start getting rowdy! If he really had the intention of saving lives, he could have quietly ordered her out. If she disobeys, he shld take his kids and get a cab or something. IMHO, what he did was wrong!

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
alutacontinua: I don't see where the op stated that the wife started the verbal abuse. They were both shouting on each other, dt's what she said! The kind of shouting dt people outside the car could hear them clearly! If we want to judge this on the basis of action and reaction, we cannot judge right cos we dunno who started the cycle! No woman out of soooooo much joy and happiness starts shouting on her husband in a car!

[b][/b]Also, beating her does not in anyway save lives in this situation. For God's sake, they could have pushed each other towards an oncoming vehicle, the kids could av attempted to intervene and another vehicle hit them in the process. In a society where bikes are always emerging out of nowhere, everybody could get in trouble as dt place might start getting rowdy! If he really had the intention of saving lives, he could have quietly ordered her out. If she disobeys, he shld take his kids and get a cab or something. IMHO, what he did was wrong!
Efe Here is your reply
Re: Violence In Marriage by pickabeau1: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
No gender has the monopoly of violence
Violence should never be justified

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Explains The Horrible Way He Found Out His Wife Was Cheating!!! / 7 Movies Every Married And Unmarried Couple Should Watch / When She Hits First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.