Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Violence In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7846 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence In Marriage by drmary: 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Recently while driving home from work,I was in a bumper - bumper kind of traffic,it was around 8pm on a friday evening.There was a toyota camry beside me,obviously occupied by a couple and their three children ,they were in a fierce argument,the woman talking loudly,the man also responding with a loud tone,before I knew it,the man shouted on top of his voice"if you do not keep quiet I ll park this car and beat the hell out of you",you know now, the woman said something like" o to be"(u no fit) ,believe me,the man parked,open the door of the side of the car the woman was,dragged her out ,started beating her like a thief,the children were screaming,it was such an embarrassing sight,other road users had to stop to separate them. I could not sleep that night,I was just preoccupied by the thought of what I witnessed,I thought about the woman,the innocent children the fate of the marriage etc if I were the woman what will I do? U nko
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
That beating will teach her to shut her trap whenever her husband's driving.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by abuchilag: 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
There are lots and lots of cosmetic marriages these days. It takes the grace of God to see us through.
But women mouth shaaa.......no matter what, the woman should be able to control her temper at least for the fact that the man was driving.
This is to avoid plunging the whole into a lagoon.
Re: Violence In Marriage by baby124: 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Na wah o. O ma ga ke.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Teacher beat student for making noise.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: That beating will teach her to shut her trap whenever her husband's driving.
na wa o.e no suppose be you wey go say something like this.you fall my hand no be small moreover shey na for outside husband and wife suppose dey wash their dirty linen.what makes a man a man is SERIOUS SELF CONTROL UNDER SERIOUS PROVOCATION AND NOT BECAUSE HE HAS A TAIL IN BETWEEN HIS LEGS.
however such sight is not new.i have seen it twice.one around ikeja and another at surulere.this one sef park the car and they were beating themselves inside the car.funny enough they were wearing and co obviously comming from a wedding.the man continued doing what he knows how to do best without minding that people were already standing at the verandah,in front of shops,some even videoing the scene while the woman was screaming segun o mapamileni.

Anyway I AM NOT SUPRISED,NOT IN THE LEAST.i have come to realise that some women ENJOY VIOLENCE AND THEIR LOVE LANGUAGE IS VIOLENCE.

5 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
abuchilag: There are lots and lots of cosmetic marriages these days. It takes the grace of God to see us through.
But women mouth shaaa.......no matter what, the woman should be able to control her temper at least for the fact that the man was driving.
This is to avoid plunging the whole into a lagoon.
true.the woman should have zipped up her mouth.is not when tempers are flaring that she should be fuelling it by saying provocative things.at least even if them no buy shame when them dey sell am,them suppose know the kain dramas wey them go dey perform for their children presence.if they have a son there na,that disgraceful act by his father will stick to his braim and grow up thinking its normal to beat any lady that provokes them.

Till them beat the kain woman wey go carry them go kirikiri e.g titis husband,them no go know.na for there,their power dey finish.

Infact if you wan see men wey humble,wey no even get ego,na for kirikiri maximum prison.won ma sin won ro ni
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
Crazy family, husband craze, wife craze.

And you wonder how the kids will end up.
And the cycle continues
Re: Violence In Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
Both of them are not matured enough to get married. The people i pity most are the innocent kids. If care is not taken, those kids will grow up believing that is how marriage should be, the males will believe they have to beat hell out of their wives in order to command respect from them and the females will believe that, there is nothing wrong if their hubby beat them in order to correct them, afterall, that is how daddy use to correct mummy.

Smh, now we will be blaming the leaders and the society, is it not families that constitute societies? In other words, families are reflections of what happens in the society.

May God help us all.

7 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by greatgod2012(f): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: That beating will teach her to shut her trap whenever her husband's driving.

you mean you support the man beating her in order to correct her

5 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: na wa o.e no suppose be you wey go say something like this.you fall my hand no be small moreover shey na for outside husband and wife suppose dey wash their dirty linen.what makes a man a man is SERIOUS SELF CONTROL UNDER SERIOUS PROVOCATION AND NOT BECAUSE HE HAS A TAIL IN BETWEEN HIS LEGS.
however such sight is not new.i have seen it twice.one around ikeja and another at surulere.this one sef park the car and they were beating themselves inside the car.funny enough they were wearing and co obviously comming from a wedding.the man continued doing what he knows how to do best without minding that people were already standing at the verandah,in front of shops,some even videoing the scene while the woman was screaming segun o mapamileni.

Anyway I AM NOT SUPRISED,NOT IN THE LEAST.i have come to realise that some women ENJOY VIOLENCE AND THEIR LOVE LANGUAGE IS VIOLENCE.

greatgod2012:

you mean you support the man beating her in order to correct her

Oh please! Will you two just get a grip??!!

I do not in anyway support f00lishness and what that woman demonstrated was f00lishness at it's peak! So if beating the daylight out of her is what it took to avert a fatal accident then so be it.

Seems like you've quickly forgotten the story of the Nigerian man that got killed on the M25 highway, just to escape the his wife's caustic tongue. Do you not think that stooopid woman regrets that action everyday of her life now? Can she undo what's been done?

As a driver myself, I know how much concentration I need when driving - moreso if I'm carrying my husband and kids (my life) in that vehicle. The last thing I want is to lose focus and hit some innocent soul or God forbid, endanger the life of my loved ones, just because an uncouth spouse hasn't got the decency to curb their tongue!

What on earth could they be arguing about that can't wait till they get home? If descending to her level of ignorance is what it takes to avert a fatal accident, then so be it! Besides, he warned the illiterate woman to shut her gob but what did she do? She dared him to beat her up!

What arrant nonsense!
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I do not in anyway support f00lishness and what that woman demonstrated was f00lishness at it's peak! So if beating the daylight out of her is what it took to avert a fatal accident then so be it.

Seems like you've quickly forgotten the story of the Nigerian man that got killed on the M25 highway, just to escape the his wife's caustic tongue. Do you not think that stooopid woman regrets that action everyday of her life now? Can she undo what's been done?

As a driver myself, I know how much concentration I need when driving - moreso if I'm carrying my husband and kids (my life) in that vehicle. The last thing I want is to lose focus and hit some innocent soul or God forbid, endanger the life of my loved ones, just because an uncouth spouse hasn't got the decency to curb her tongue!

What on earth could they be arguing about that can't wait till they get home? If descending to her level of ignorance is what it takes to avert a fatal accident, then so be it! Besides, he warned the illiterate woman to shut her gob but what did she do? She dared him to beat her up!

What arrant nonsense!
Instead of beating her, would it not have better if he parked at the side of the road and told her find her way home, so he could concentrate on his driving. Instead of behaving like a wild animal.

6 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ They're both wild animals as far as I'm concerned - but she the wilder one.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

As a driver myself, I know how much concentration I need when driving - moreso if I'm carrying my husband and kids (my life) in that vehicle. The last thing I want is to lose focus and hit some innocent soul or God forbid, endanger the life of my loved ones, just because an uncouth spouse hasn't got the decency to curb her tongue!

What arrant nonsense!
shocked You married?

I laugh in Tagalogsad
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Very immature pple. Father no well, mother need a dokita. Asap.

The man wouldn't hv descended that low.
If I were him, I will look for where to park, respectfully take the children home and leave her in d car.
I pity d inocent children.
In all, never distract a driver. Never. Even if u r fuming. Rather tell him to stop so u can get down.
Like I said b4 they all need deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

What arrant nonsense!
so you mean to tell me that disgracing himself by beating the wife in the presence of yhe kids is the best way to keep her mouth shut.what is wrong in parking and calming her down so you people can talk like normal adults shocked

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
shocked You married?

I laugh in Tagalogsad

And what's that supposed to mean?

You can laugh in Swahili for all I care.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ They're both wild animals as far as I'm concerned - but she the wilder one.
Oh yes, she was wrong to push the man to his limits but obviously he is an animal, what sort of thing would beat his wife, the mother of his children in public!, so if it was his boss that was in the car daring him, he'll come and beat him/her abi ?
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Very immature pple. Father no well, mother need a dokita. Asap.

The man wouldn't hv descended that low.
If I were him, I will look for where to park, respectfully take the children home and leave her in d car.
I pity d inocent children.
In all, never distract a driver. Never. Even if u r fuming. Rather tell him to stop so u can get down.
Like I said b4 they all need deliverance.
gbam.that is better.han han.why do nigerians like violence too much.everything is gra gra.every mouth must be silenced with violence.nawa o shocked
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ They're both wild animals as far as I'm concerned - but she the wilder one.
Efe do vex no be small.
I know its bc of the innocent children.
Who wouldn't be mad at them especially d woman?
When some hv been looking for children for yrs. U c life is not fair.
Had they suffered to get them, I don't think they will ever do that cos they will consider d children's safety first.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Yeah, and you can keep posting your primitive opinion for all I care too.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

baby yi cool down na.oya take cold coke and use it to cool your nerves.why you dey para this evening like this shocked mr efe vex you ni abi na the little efes wey vex you

GRA GRA IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO EVERY ISSUE.CHOIII cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
broda yii,keep calm,no tempers rising.dede mirawo.small small 8-)
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: so you mean to tell me that disgracing himself by beating the wife in the presence of yhe kids is the best way to keep her mouth shut.what is wrong in parking and calming her down so you people can talk like normal adults shocked

Kulyie, you and I wouldn't do what she did because we respect ourselves too much.

If that woman had any iota of respect for herself and moreso for her husband, she would have kept her big mouth shut in the first place! According to @OP's story, they were having a heated argument in front of their kids.

We women tend to have whiplashes for tongues and words spoken sometimes cut much deeply than being hit. The man was driving. He asked her to keep quiet or else there'll be repercussions. She dared him to lift a finger. So he did and she got what she wanted.

Let's start from the beginning on assumptions here: Most men are quiet by nature. I bet you, she probably started the argument. The man being a man probably ignored her for as long as he could...which begs the question - do we even know how long he'd been subjected to her foul mouth? Eventually he snaps and trades words with her, but is still in control enough to warn her to keep quiet. If she had any sense at that point, she would have heeded the advice. But no, madam de madam don see red and just had to trade words fire-for-fire. Eventually the man snaps.

Not everyone is the same or has the same threshold for withstanding insults. Some people have low boiling points. If this idi0t of a woman really understood her husband, she should have known she was treading thin ice, that he was dangerously close to losing his cool. Hopefully, her eyes go done clear now.

At least, there was no fatal accident and hopefully, she's learnt her lesson and, I am grateful no lives were lost!

Shikena!
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Smh @some mothers here
and when your male child ask you for advice about his wife, you'l advice him to beat his wife? Have you thought what kind of mother you'l be.

The Op didnt tell us what caused their quarell. What if the man made the woman angry that she couldn't hold her tongue anymore. Anger has its peak that even a patient woman needs to talk. Stop judging them, no one knew what hapened. How can a man beat his wife. No matter what the cause maybe,shes nt an animal. How many men that beats their wife has stamina to beat men at kirikiri prison. Practicing their skills on their wife. I can't be submisive to that level. I rather leave than to stay.

4 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
as usual,its always the woman that should be blamed in everything.even when she is the victim IT IS STILL HER FAULT.

violenceeeeee.smh.hiaaannn shocked

3 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: broda yii,keep calm,no tempers rising.dede mirawo.small small 8-)
No tempers ma'am, I just don't encourage and approve of violence cos once it's involved, I don't always care who's at fault...

smiley
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Efe do vex no be small.
I know its bc of the innocent children.
Who wouldn't be mad at them especially d woman?
When some hv been looking for children for yrs. U c life is not fair.
Had they suffered to get them, I don't think they will ever do that cos they will consider d children's safety first.

Exactly! now you know where I'm coming from.

Eminado01:

Yeah? and you can go phock yourself silly for all I care. Next time you see my post, just waka past.

Mtcheew!
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Cykik: Smh @some mothers here
and when your male child ask you for advice about his wife, you'l advice him to beat his wife? Have you thought what kind of mother you'l be.

The Op didnt tell us what caused their quarell. What if the man made the woman angry that she couldn't hold her tongue anymore. Anger has its peak that even a patient woman needs to talk. Stop judging them, no one knew what hapened. How can a man beat his wife. No matter what the cause maybe,shes nt an animal. How many men that beats their wife has stamina to beat men at kirikiri prison. Practicing their skills on their wife. I can't be submisive to that level. I rather leave than to stay.
na wetin dey suprise me o my brother,that even women/mothers can encourage domestic violence shocked if women dont see anything wrong in what the man has done then the generation of our kids is finished,smh

4 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Exactly! now you know where I'm coming from.

Yeah? and you can go phock yourself silly for all I care. Next time you see my post, just waka past.

Mtcheew!
han han efe,you don old pass all this levels na.yorubas say we dey meet adults for respectable place,we no dey meet them dey do anyhow,abeg cool down,be calm,otito,oya pele
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: baby yi cool down na.oya take cold coke and use it to cool your nerves.why you dey para this evening like this shocked mr efe vex you ni abi na the little efes wey vex you

GRA GRA IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO EVERY ISSUE.CHOIII cheesy

I'm cool jare.

Fact is, I won't see wrong and sugar coat it because it's a fellow female. Life is precious and losing the lives of innocent kids out of carelessness is unforgivable. If that man had hit some other vehicle and killed the occupants in it, will she still have found the mouth to carry on arguing with him?

Some people only learn the hard way, and that wife unfortunately, is one of them.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
No tempers ma'am, I just don't encourage and approve of violence cos once it's involved, I don't always care who's at fault...

smiley
exactly my point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seven Practical Steps To Polish And Make Your Floor/wall Tiles Shine Again / Pls Peeps,help Me Out In A Bad Situation / Giving Birth In Barbados

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.