Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Violence In Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7884 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: abi o.na for woman body them dey always get power.yet we wonder why africans are still living and acting like cavemen :/ with soo much violence

Even the ones abroad sef, by the time they get home...they pick up the usual way of handling things in Naija, violence.
Seems to work very well.
Crazy place
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nigerian women always playing victim. SMH cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: the people that they are sacrificing are people that will not let the world rest,today bombing,tomorrow,religious violence.,so they need to be sacrificed so that we can close our eyes and sleep peacefully

And why do you think they are angry.
Politics is a dirty game, make I no type something here now before SSS go land here carry me comot
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You know, this is the mentality some women carry on their shoulders as per: I can slap him because if he's a real gentleman, he won't retaliate.

Why not test that analogy of your on your average roadside mechanic / molue bus driver or conductor? Then come back and tell us the result?

The bottom line here is this: If that stoopid woman had respected herself in the first place, the situation wouldn't have degenerated to what it did. I'm all up for being women's advocate blah..blah..blah...but, I insist every adult should take full responsibility for their actions.

Fish wife brought that beating upon herself. Now that's what I call a disgrace to womanhood!
Going by your signature (whoever you actually are), you don chop beating taya, Lolsss, don't worry, naija will get there in say, 40 yearsgrin

I weep for my countryembarassed

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You know, this is the mentality some women carry on their shoulders as per: I can slap him because if he's a real gentleman, he won't retaliate.

Why not test that analogy of your on your average roadside mechanic / molue bus driver or conductor? Then come back and tell us the result?

The bottom line here is this: If that stoopid woman had respected herself in the first place, the situation wouldn't have degenerated to what it did. I'm all up for being women's advocate blah..blah..blah...but, I insist every adult should take full responsibility for their actions.

Fish wife brought that beating upon herself. Now that's what I call a disgrace to womanhood!
my babe. Stop arguing and come let me press cold water on your head to help calm your nerves

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
Infact when they get home, the woman should wear red pant and bra, knee and beg her husband by not beating her to a coma.
Sign of love

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Infact when they get home, the woman should wear red pant and bra, knee and beg her husband by not beating her to a coma.
Sign of love
bwhaaaaaaaaaaah. Cant stop laghing.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

an illiterate with no parental supprt/upbringing is not different from an ape,chimpanze,dog,monkey etc.education kills innate animalistic instincts,it refines a person so i dont see how a normal person will slap a conductor who doesnt even care about his own life talkless of others and expect not to be beaten to stupor.

This is a married man with kids we are talking about here and not a conductor,those ones are not human beings as far as i am concerned,they just look like one,in behaviour and characteristics,they are animals so as a married man,the same way a woman has responsibilities to a man is the same way a man has to his wife.on the day he was making vows,he promised beforeGod and man to love,cherish,protect and defens her and not abuse her.

Why will a man that calls himself a man that has shame will not control his anger till he gets home and mind you there are other ways of dealing with a woman without touching her instead of violence.e.g leaving the house for her for like one month or just comming to the house to sleep without saying anything to her or eating her food.no matter how acidic a womans tongue is,i have never seen a man hitting a lady in public in sane societies,that is the day he will be locked up and not see his kids again so what are we talking about.infact,they will say leaving kids with him is dangerous since he cannot even control his anger with his wife how much more kids.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Infact when they get home, the woman should wear red pant and bra, knee and beg her husband by not beating her to a coma.
Sign of love
That is what is expected of them nahangry

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lmao at kulyie.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
That is what is expected of them nahangry

Begging things. Cook a special meal for him for making him angry.
After then he buys hollandis for her. Case close smiley
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

And why do you think they are angry.
Politics is a dirty game, make I no type something here now before SSS go land here carry me comot
they are angry at americas leve and extent of power and influence she wields on other countries,they hate her because shes a liberalist and doesnt shove religion down on anybodys throat like africa and arab countries
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: Lmao at kulyie.
why you dey laugh at me :p8-)
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: they are angry at americas leve and extent of power and influence she wields on other countries,they hate her because shes a liberalist and doesnt shove religion down on anybodys throat like africa and arab countries

Ok o, if you say so. I no talk anything Sha. cheesy

Meanwhile we need to order for wipe for the man to leave by his car seat pocket. That that he doesn't even need to stop before wiping her as s to shut her up.

Those ones solders carry about wiping bus drivers and conductors.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: why you dey laugh at me :p8-)

Long epistle you dey preach give Efe. Once someone has an opinion here, you can't change it. You go write tire. Just move with the flow. Anyone with brain will choose how he wants to manage his life.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
So Efe (impostor) has really left the thread?

Come back nah, I miss you alreadyembarassed
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: what shocked shocked shocked so people with animalistic tendencies have not finished in nigeria shocked ( pardon my language,i was shocked and still very shocked)

a wife running her mouth abusively to her hubby before her children is also an animal. they are both animals but it still doesn't mean the woman doesn't deserve the beating.

see the person i was even vouching for o.why do people believe in violence so much.no wonder the boko haram guys will not stop doing their thing,opc guys will not stop doing their thine e.g the people that poured pepper into a woman genitals for stealing ordinary useless pepper,niger delta militants too wont stop wrecking havoc. Violence left right and centre.everybody just thinks fists solves all things.

tell me one part of the world you will deliberately provoke someone & there won't be consequences. if you don't want to be beaten, act accordingly.

The nonsense that man performed can he do it in other civilized and normal society without getting locked up shocked is it not because here in nigeria anything goes.anybody can just take laws into their hands as if we are living in a jungle abi zoo instead of a territorial entity.nawa o shocked

i doubt the wife will also abuse him in a civilised or in a normal society before the children. there's mutual respect between men & women in a civilised society as well so you can't have it both ways.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

He stopped driving (prevention of accident)

He beat her to shut her gob (and drive home his point too).

Actually Kulyie, you surprise me. You're Yoruba - aren't you guys one of the most respectful people in that country?

How then can you support that woman's bad mouth to her husband in front of their kids??
my dear respect begets respect.a woman can never respect a man that consistently abuses her.infact he will supress the best in her and brings out the worst in her

yes yorubas are respectful BUT TO THOSE WHO DESERVE IT
Re: Violence In Marriage by RoyaleR(m): 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Violence na bad tin c aw coup d'tat de take ova naija wit violence if na gej dem do dat 1 2 b4 he c gun he 4 don die sef ;DViolence na bad tin c aw coup d'tat de take ova naija wit violence if na gej dem do dat 1 2 b4 he c gun he 4 don die sef
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Long epistle you dey preach give Efe. Once someone has an opinion here, you can't change it. You go write tire. Just move with the flow. Anyone with brain will choose how he wants to manage his life.
na true sha cheesy smh
Re: Violence In Marriage by baby124: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado, eminado....ok. Lol @ the username. You guys can argue sha. Efe am sure didn't mean it like that. Is jidegirl here? I can almost smell her presence on this thread. Coogar on the other hand is jumping up and down with the frustration he is about to dish out with his comments. Lol
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
It takes a completely deranged man to beat up his wife in the full glare of the public and an equally foolish woman to put herself in such an embarrassing situation.

They are both crazy joor undecided.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
byvan: It takes a completely deranged man to beat up his wife in the full glare of the public and an equally foolish woman to put herself in such an embarrassing situation.

They are both crazy joor undecided.

nah - they are not both crazy.

this woman has 100% rights to verbally abuse her husband before her kids. she's a woman - an emotional being driven by hormones so she cannot always be reasonable or be held responsible for her emotional flashes. she's not crazy, her hubby is the crazy animalistic depraved man that should have known better. grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
grin abeg they both totally went bonkers grin, nah she get hormone pass??
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
byvan: grin abeg they both totally went bonkers grin, nah she get hormone pass??

hormones pass hormones.....
be thankful yours is normal or else you will be tongue-lashing every man you come across including your boss. cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
One of the most important qualities of a real man is to have self control. In other words, be able to make rational decisions under pressure. On that ground, the man is wrong to beat up his wife. It is a known fact that when most women are upset, their mouths run faster than their brains but as the man, you must be able to handle this in other ways apart from violence. My two yuan.

2 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
PocketEconomist: One of the most important qualities of a real man is to have self control. In other words, be able to make rational decisions under pressure. On that ground, the man is wrong to beat up his wife. It is a known fact that when most women are upset, their mouths run faster than their brains but as the man, you must be able to handle this in other ways apart from violence. My two yuan.

Re: Violence In Marriage by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Until couples realize that we need to control our tempers, by so doing, we will be able to choose our fights and arguments well, even choose the location well. There is nothing that destroys a marriage more than 'anger'. When you ask that couple what caused the fight, it would be due to something inconsequential

The man raised his hands on his wife on the streets/highway because he could not control himself. The woman in turn could not control the emotional tsunami in her and told the whole world to him.

When couples also try to study themselves more, the misunderstandings would be reduced. Lets grow and seek peace always in our personal lives, marriages and relationships with others. It is well. I can't read stuffs like this and be happy. It is just sad.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ok, now that the entertainment's fizzling out, let's get to the million dollar question.... Which regular poster is Eminado? cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
Lmao, coogar nke a!grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
coogar:

grin grin grin grin

But on a serious note the dude effed up. haba outside on the street. smh

Efe's account looks hacked though def not the real efe grin

3 Likes

Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
Donxavier:

grin grin grin grin
But on a serious note the dude effed up. haba outside on the street. smh

Efe's account looks hacked though def not the real efe grin

how did the dude eff up?
he's put the final stop to a reoccurrence. this couldn't possibly be the first time. if they were at home then no excuses - he should have stormed out of the house to cool off.

on this day, he was driving. he couldn't possibly park the car & abandon his wife & kids on the road. the only solution is to silence the parrot the only way he knew. grin

the man is a hero. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When She Hits First / Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? / ADHD: My Experience And How It Has Affected My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.