Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Violence In Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7885 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Marriage by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: my dear respect begets respect.a woman can never respect a man that consistently abuses her.infact he will supress the best in her and brings out the worst in her

yes yorubas are respectful BUT TO THOSE WHO DESERVE IT

You know, I really do not think a man would walk up to his quiet wife who was minding her business and start pouncing on her because she was quiet.

Women have a way of bringing out that animalistic nature in anyone with their tongue. We need to control that. People that say people should "think before they talk", ain't crazy, they have seen it work. Let peace work in marriages. We will be surprised how happy one will be in the end.

2014 is around the corner, I expect married couples to include 'marital peace" in their New year's resolutions and steps to make it happen. And it does not matter who respects first in a relationship. Let the women start to respect their husbands and see if the man will not love and cherish them in return.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
K
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2013
coogar:

how did the dude eff up?
he's put the final stop to a reoccurrence. this couldn't possibly be the first time. if they were at home then no excuses - he should have stormed out of the house to cool off.

on this day, he was driving. he couldn't possibly park the car & abandon his wife & kids on the road. the only solution is to silence the parrot the only way he knew. grin

the man is a hero. cool

grin grin grin grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Toyinletstalk:

You know, I really do not think a man would walk up to his quiet wife who was minding her business and start pouncing on her because she was quiet.

Women have a way of bringing out that animalistic nature in anyone with their tongue. We need to control that. People that say people should "think before they talk", ain't crazy, they have seen it work. Let peace work in marriages. We will be surprised how happy one will be in the end.

2014 is around the corner, I expect married couples to include 'marital peace" in their New year's resolutions and steps to make it happen. And it does not matter who respects first in a relationship. Let the women start to respect their husbands and see if the man will not love and cherish them in return.

[img]http://.net/i/861.gif[/img]
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ewuro707:

You're hilarious, until most of y'all get it in your skulls that everybody is responsible for their actions, male or female.

Also , why do y'all have soo much expectation from someone from different background and trying to figure how to adapt to same conditions( marriage) as you? He is human too , get it? stop all these he's a man brouhaha, it drives me nuts.

The reason why most marriages hit the rocks, too from too much expectations from same human as you.

Jidegirl maybe? cheesy now jets hear your take, yimu.

In my present country of residence, you'd be jailed for ONLY thinking about violence, do you know that? Let alone laying your paws on anything female. Lmao, dude, just forget about moving to a liberal country if the post above is the best you can make of this argumentsmiley

ps: Who's Jidegirl? I'm not her.
Re: Violence In Marriage by nitrogen(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
I have always been asking this question, but no answer, maybe I can get one here, 'can Violence in marriages ever stop?' I see and hear a lot daily, and it is just bad, it even scares those that want into that marraige thing sef.

Why would a reasonable man raise his hand to beat a woman, or why would a man use a 'turning' stick on a woman, it is just crazy! Mainly, violence,( and some others like distrust, cheating, egoism) has always attached itself to almost every marraige, WHY?
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
nitrogen: I have always been asking this question, but no answer, maybe I can get one here, 'can Violence in marriages ever stop?' I see and hear a lot daily, and it is just bad, it even scares those that want into that marraige thing sef.

Why would a reasonable man raise his hand to beat a woman, or why would a man use a 'turning' stick on a woman, it is just crazy! Mainly, violence,( and some others like distrust, cheating, egoism) has always attached itself to almost every marraige, WHY?

it's human nature.
there's violence everywhere you look. it's very prevalent in marriages too. i suggest couples should be having intensive psyche-evaluation before tying the knot.

Eminado01: Lmao, coogar nke a!grin

who's this?
too many new monikers these days.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:

In my present country of residence, you'd be jailed for ONLY thinking about violence, do you know that? Let alone laying your paws on anything female. Lmao, dude, just forget about moving to a liberal country if the post above is the best you can make

And where could that be, cheesy Iran? Abeg leave matters for Mathias , who cares where you reside undecided

And I'm done with this convo. Thanks.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Toyinletstalk(f): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2013
nitrogen: I have always been asking this question, but no answer, maybe I can get one here, 'can Violence in marriages ever stop?' I see and hear a lot daily, and it is just bad, it even scares those that want into that marraige thing sef.

A very clear understanding from the intending couples and those who are already in it, can make it stop. Just simply don't argue when you know you can't drive a decent word in. We all have our moments, there is time for everything. I also think the women, should work more on this. You are not as strong as the man, why engage him in a fight at all? You can talk politely and assertively without causing any problem.

Know what you want and seek it. There is violence, because unknown to the couples, that is what has been unconsciously sought after.

Not that there won't be arguments and disagreements, but it would be a healthy one for the growth of all, and not the degrading-dragging on the floor- bottle breaking-hospital admission- kind of fights.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by baby124: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2013
Ewuro707:

And where could that be, cheesy Iran? Abeg leave matters for Mathias , who cares where you reside undecided

Eku ijometa. I missed you sha grin. Oya shed this disguise.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 16, 2013
Toyinletstalk:

A very clear understanding from the intending couples and those who are already in it, can make it stop. Just simply don't argue when you know you can't drive a decent word in. We all have our moments, there is time for everything. I also think the women, should work more on this. You are not as strong as the man, why engage him in a fight at all? You can talk politely and assertively without causing any problem.

Know what you want and seek it. There is violence, because unknown to the couples, that is what has been unconsciously sought after.

Not that there won't be arguments and disagreements, but it would be a healthy one for the growth of all, and not the degrading-dragging on the floor- bottle breaking-hospital admission- kind of fights.

Words on marble @Bolded. I'm touched.
Re: Violence In Marriage by nitrogen(m): 12:05am On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

it's human nature.
there's violence everywhere you look. it's very prevalent in marriages too. i suggest couples should be having intensive psyche-evaluation before tying the knot.
Intensive psyche-evaluation cheesy grin cheesy

Seriously, this matter is quite baffling o, I witnessed one where a so called husband threatened/wanted to separate his wife's head from her body with a nice cutlass, if not for interventions, he would have carried out his threat. Just crazy!
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2013
Ewuro707:

Lol, are you that pained?grin sorry o
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Eminado01:
Lol, are you that pained?grin sorry o

undecided
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 16, 2013
This thread na waya!
5 pages already?

Very heated indeed!
Efe don hear am today!

For some of us that were insulting and cursing, there is no difference from what that man and woman displayed on d road and what u guys just did here. Period.
Re: Violence In Marriage by nitrogen(m): 12:08am On Dec 16, 2013
Toyinletstalk:

Nice one!
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2013
Ewuro707:

undecided
undecidedundecidedundecided
yellowpawpaw: This thread na waya!
5 pages already?

Very heated indeed!
Efe don hear am today!

For some of us that were insulting and cursing, there is no difference from what that man and woman displayed on d road and what u guys just did here. Period.

Lols, ah ah, give us some credit nah, biko nugrin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 16, 2013
Ewuro707:

Jidegirl maybe? cheesy

Nope! That's you.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 16, 2013
baby_123:
Eku ijometa. I missed you sha grin. Oya shed this disguise.

Lmao!! grin she's still feeling stealth with her bad self! grin grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by baby124: 12:43am On Dec 16, 2013
ileobatojo:

Lmao!! grin she's still feeling stealth with her bad self! grin grin
Lmao. Jide has a personality that cannot hide itself. She needs to just give up. Hahahaha. I know the way my Jide writes wella. grin. The day you guys asked her I was just laughing. The moment she commented I knew she was the one.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 16, 2013
baby_123:
Lmao. Jide has a personality that cannot hide itself. She needs to just give up. Hahahaha. I know the way my Jide writes wella. grin. The day you guys asked her I was just laughing. The moment she commented I knew she was the one.

Lol!! Extremely easy to figure out.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 16, 2013
Toyinletstalk:

Women have a way of bringing out that animalistic nature in anyone imbecilic, low self esteemed, cavemen with their tongue.

Fixed.
Re: Violence In Marriage by MrsAwesome: 5:37am On Dec 16, 2013
I hate disgrace personally, so I've learnt self defense including a little karate . When I registered in a gym for weight reduction, I spent almost all my time boxing cos I know it will be useful in the near future. Women are too lax that any threat from any man to beat you ,you start cowering for shelter. I try my possible best to bridle my mouth but at times you need to shout, nag ,rant and all what nots. at least while doing that you know you can defend yourself very well.
The woman in question was wrong for ranting while the husband was driving and the husband also a tout for parking the.car just to beat his wife.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2013
Toyinletstalk:

stories that touch.abegiiii,let me hear word o jare.an abusive man is an abusive man,whether his wife always kneels down to greet him every day or kneels down to take permisiion before she lies on the bed or has completly gone haywire
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

it's human nature.

who's this?
too many new monikers these days.
is a lie.violence is not everywhere.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2013
I do not support violence in marriage cos it could lead to something else

Women sometimes are crazy, they will run their mouth to the end and provoking the man to raise his hand on her even thou the man is not a beater.

But a good woman wouldn't want to provoke her hubby to an extent violence would come in.

So when something like this happen, the blame is on the woman, she called for it but beating her up in public was just total out of it... That shows he doesn't respect her wife. He should have control his anger... Drop her wife and take the kids home wit the car @worst.

The man was total wrong on that one... If I was indoor then fine..they will resolve their issues but public...the wife will be going thru some emotional trauma *cant believe her hubby will beat her in public* that's insane! Madness at the highest order
Re: Violence In Marriage by pickabeau1: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: yes na.some people will be videoing the scene,some analyzing,some snapping pictures,infact that scene na free entertainment.na wetin dan foster go call ROAD SHOW

Well.... does that only happen in nigeria....
Re: Violence In Marriage by drmary: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2013
There is really no justification for any form of abuse,be it verbal,emotional or physical.I strongly believe the beating did not start that day,that man is used to beating his wife,am not absolving d woman of any blame either.Men should know that women will always rant,nag and even yell at least once in a while,what makes you a man is that ability to control yourself.Any man that lays his hand on a woman,be it a younger sister,girlfriend,colleague or wife is an animal.once u do that d woman is ever justified.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2013
I don't get this women can bring out the worst in a man. What about the man? don't they sometimes bring out the worst in their women. Its ideas like women should bridle their tongue and then ignoring what a man should do that makes marriage a burden for women. If a woman should bridle her tongue aka learn self control then a man should learn to tame his anger as well.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2013
For posters saying the woman deserved the beating et al,I guess the man would also pounce on a fellow man that way.

We do not even know the cause of the arguement afteral they were both shouting on each other. I believe the woman should also do the same if she was the one driving.

If the woman had ran into the road and died, I am sure we will all blame the man for been a violent man.

Let us make up our minds and support beating et al if we want to. It is all this talking from both sides and insincere lip service that doesn't make some things work in our society.

If a man driving has the licence to park his car, drag his wife out and beat her up because she was assumed to run her mouth in public with the kids in view why can't he beat her at home?

It is well
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2013
andromida: I don't get this women can bring out the worst in a man. What about the man? don't they sometimes bring out the worst in their women. Its ideas like women should bridle their tongue and then ignoring what a man should do that makes marriage a burden for women. If a woman should bridle her tongue aka learn self control then a man should learn to tame his anger as well.

GBAM!!! it goes both ways

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 16, 2013
bukatyne: For posters saying the woman deserved the beating et al,I guess the man would also pounce on a fellow man that way.

We do not even know the cause of the arguement afteral they were both shouting on each other. I believe the woman should also do the same if she was the one driving.

If the woman had ran into the road and died, I am sure we will all blame the man for been a violent man.

Let us make up our minds and support beating et al if we want to. It is all this talking from both sides and insincere lip service that doesn't make some things work in our society.

If a man driving has the licence to park his car, drag his wife out and beat her up because she was assumed to run her mouth in public with the kids in view why can't he beat her at home?

It is well
No oh! when its a fellow able bodied man like him, that's when he'll know how to pick his battles wisely and control his anger.
A woman I know used to get beaten by her husband regularly in the early days of their marriage in the presence of their 2 kids, up till the extent that she lost a six month old pregnancy.
Soon the wife decided to take care of her self and started taking self defense classes, I suspect she practised her newly acquired skills on him one day when he tried to hit her, because these days he has suddenly misplaced his violent side. She doesn't even beg or ask nicely when she wants something all she does is say what she wants, if hubby doesn't answer, his own don finish be that.
They have the most dysfunctional marriage I have ever seen, the man is now so timid in his own house, At times I start pitying him, then I remember he is getting a taste of his own medicine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When She Hits First / Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress? / ADHD: My Experience And How It Has Affected My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.