Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Violence In Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence In Marriage (7878 Views)

How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=Chillisauce][/quote] gringringringrin
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
Cykik: i agree that the kids were in that car. But the bolded doesnt work as long as anger is concerned. Everything has a limit and boundary including anger. We are from different family and diferent people. Your hubby may be calm but not another person's hubby. That man is a wide animal that deserves the zoo. Cant he act like a matured man as he is?

As wives, we owe it to ourselves to understand our husbands - the man we marry and plan to spend the rest of our lives with. She married him and with three kids let's assume they've been married for over 5 years. More than enough time to know when enough is enough.

I repeat, things wouldn't have gone that far if she'd kept schtum. How feasible is it to sustain an argument with a spouse when the other one keeps solidly quiet? Na craze? She brought that beating of her life upon herself.

Just because my man is calm doesn't mean I'll go all out to push all his buttons - to the point of endangering our lives and that of our kids. Credit me with some common sense please.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
The family is a crazy one I said before . Don't be surprise the bigger kids beating up the younger ones.

Wife abuses husband, husband beats her up. Soldier beat police. cheesy
It goes on
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
It seems the impostor feels like a looser now, no one is taking you serious anymoregrin

*whistling and patiently waiting for the real owner of the farm*
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
steph7: True!! both physical and verbal abuse are wrong, nobody is supporting the woman's words but to start beating your wife in public in front of your children, leaving them unattended just because you want to show you are a man is callous
True. We don't support abuse of any form neither would we stomach violence either!!!
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
steph7: True!! both physical and verbal abuse are wrong, nobody is supporting the woman's words but to start beating your wife in public in front of your children, leaving them unattended just because you want to show you are a man is callous
and strwpeed too.what if the woman had died in the process and one thing about anger is that,when that spirit posses you,you are not normal.if the anger possesed him and he didnt know when he hit her head on the windscreen and from there she died.nobody will care who is right or wrong or what caused the fight,trust nigerians,before you say jack robinson,they will lynch him.infact,it might even be his own tyre that they will hang on his neck and use him to do suya while the kids watch their father been assaulted.tell me which is worse.

Forget all those people looking,let anything happen penre.that man is in trouble

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
Seriously, I'm surprised at her. Maybe that's how her matrimony blossoms, we can't rule that possibility out.

Tell us Efe, your ideology depicts your matrimony right?

My ideology depicts respect is earned and not given on a plate. She didn't respect herself, hubby or even kids to curtail her tongue. Of course no one has a monopoly of violence but violence is not just physical is it? When you talk of abuse, you should also factor in verbal abuse. The sort that gradually chips away and corrodes your confidence.

Madam big mouth did just that to hubby. Her's was non-physical. He retaliated by being physical with her - but not before he warned her to tape it.

I already conceded that they acted like wild animals but she the wilder one. If beating her is what it takes to save the lives of their kids and other innocent motorists, then what's the problem??
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
E bi like say efe oga siddon close to her grin.

Tomorrow if kulyie call army now dem go blame her.
cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^ Lol!

I'm an independent thinking person jare. cheesy
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01: It seems the impostor feels like a looser now, no one is taking you serious anymoregrin

*whistling and patiently waiting for the real owner of the farm*

You must be the fish wife that got beaten by her hubby. undecided
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: and strwpeed too.what if the woman had died in the process and one thing about anger is that,when that spirit posses you,you are not normal.if the anger possesed him and he didnt know when he hit her head on the windscreen and from there she died.nobody will care who is right or wrong or what caused the fight,trust nigerians,before you say jack robinson,they will lynch him.infact,it might even be his own tyre that they will hang on his neck and use him to do suya while the kids watch their father been assaulted.tell me which is worse.

Forget all those people looking,let anything happen penre.that man is in trouble

And what if that man had suddenly hit the breaks while in motion?

What if he'd lost focus because of her caustic tongue and collided with other motorists and pedestrians?

Have you thought about that?
Re: Violence In Marriage by Chomzy19(f): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abeg make I sit down enjoy dis sunday night drama unfold joor **sits, grabs a glass of juice**
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

As wives, we owe it to ourselves to understand our husbands - the man we marry and plan to spend the rest of our lives with. She married him and with three kids let's assume they've been married for over 5 years. More than enough time to know when enough is enough.

I repeat, things wouldn't have gone that far if she'd kept schtum. How feasible is it to sustain an argument with a spouse when the other one keeps solidly quiet? Na craze? She brought that beating of her life upon herself.

Just because my man is calm doesn't mean I'll go all out to push all his buttons - to the point of endangering our lives and that of our kids. Credit me with some common sense please.
Access deniedgringringrin

Efemena_xy:

My ideology depicts respect is earned and not given on a plate. She didn't respect herself, hubby or even kids to curtail her tongue. Of course no one has a monopoly of violence but violence is not just physical is it? When you talk of abuse, you should also factor in verbal abuse. The sort that gradually chips away and corrodes your confidence.

Madam big mouth did just that to hubby. Her's was non-physical. He retaliated by being physical with her - but not before he warned her to tape it.

I already conceded that they acted like wild animals but she the wilder one. If beating her is what it takes to save the lives of their kids and other innocent motorists, then what's the problem??
undecided pardon?

please retype, I didn't get yougrin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce: E bi like say efe oga siddon close to her grin.

Tomorrow if kulyie call army now dem go blame her.
cheesy

chilli why you dey ressurect dead and buried issue grin

take your time o :p na you dey pour kerosene for fire instead of water

shora e o 8-)
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol!

I'm an independent thinking person jare. cheesy

Yes o, your opinion and what you will likely do in the situation.

For me, I will drop her off there and let her trek back home. Better punishment exist than beatin up someone.
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
Access deniedgringringrin

undecided pardon?

please retype, I didn't get yougrin

Stop trolling.

I admit it - I'm the husband who beat up his fishy wife (you).

Happy now?
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: chilli why you dey ressurect dead and buried issue grin

take your time o :p na you dey pour kerosene for fire instead of water

shora e o 8-)

Sorry o, I too like the story Sha.

The worst part is that when passerby see the man beating up iyawo, they won't even separate them. They will say, leave them, na her husband.

Suffering and smiling Nigerians
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

You must be the fish wife that got beaten by her hubby. undecided
buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lwkmd

lolsss, please go and check again, my moniker and the op's is spelt differently

hahahahahaha

try harder, someone might agree with you later...tongue
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Coogar don show, him no dey take ear hear him name. grin
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

And what if that man had suddenly hit the breaks while in motion?

What if he'd lost focus because of her caustic tongue and collided with other motorists and pedestrians?

Have you thought about that?
wrong is wrong efe,just accept it.VIOLENCE IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO KEEP A CAUSTIC TONGUE SHUT
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Yes o, your opinion and what you will likely do in the situation.

For me, I will drop her off there and let her trek back home. Better punishment exist than beatin up someone.

You assume that razor-sharp mouth, shirt-tearing, (possibly knife wielding) woman go just jejely open door comot for car?

Didn't you read the bit where @OP stated that the man after parking, had to pull her out of the car? undecided

What does that tell you about the mentality of that woman??
Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: wrong is wrong efe,just accept it.VIOLENCE IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO KEEP A CAUSTIC TONGUE SHUT

Of course wrong is wrong but if violence saves innocent lives, who are we to complain?
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Sorry o, I too like the story Sha.

The worst part is that when passerby see the man beating up iyawo, they won't even separate them. They will say, leave them, na her husband.

Suffering and smiling Nigerians
yes na.some people will be videoing the scene,some analyzing,some snapping pictures,infact that scene na free entertainment.na wetin dan foster go call ROAD SHOW
Efemena_xy:

You assume that razor-sharp mouth, shirt-tearing, (possibly knife wielding) woman go just jejely open door comot for car?

Didn't you read the bit where @OP stated that the man after parking, had to pull her out of the car? undecided

What does that tell you about the mentality of that woman??

Pulling her out not same as beating her up. I will gently come down, look for rope and masking tape, tie her up like a mentally chanllaged person.

You don't beat up a mentally challenged person na
Efemena_xy:

Of course wrong is wrong but if violence saves innocent lives, who are we to complain?
How, if I may ask? what about if he had killed her in the process
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
drmary: Recently while driving home from work,I was in a bumper - bumper kind of traffic,it was around 8pm on a friday evening.There was a toyota camry beside me,obviously occupied by a couple and their three children ,they were in a fierce argument,the woman talking loudly,the man also responding with a loud tone,before I knew it,the man shouted on top of his voice"if you do not keep quiet I ll park this car and beat the hell out of you",you know now, the woman said something like" o to be"(u no fit) ,believe me,the man parked,open the door of the side of the car the woman was,dragged her out ,started beating her like a thief,the children were screaming,it was such an embarrassing sight,other road users had to stop to separate them. I could not sleep that night,I was just preoccupied by the thought of what I witnessed,I thought about the woman,the innocent children the fate of the marriage etc if I were the woman what will I do? U nko

beating well-deserved.
she verbally abused her husband before her kids, it's only fair she got physically battered before her kids too.

now the kids know if they run their mouths disrespectfully, they might get punished for it. verbal/physical abuse are the same thing. next time, she will learn to shut up when her husband tells her to.

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by EfemenaXY: 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
Eminado01:
buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lwkmd

lolsss, please go and check again, my moniker and the op's is spelt differently

hahahahahaha

try harder, someone might agree with you later...tongue

No.

@OP said he witnessed the drama between fishy mouthed wife and her hubby.

You must be the woman that got beaten up by the husband. @OP had no way of knowing that fishy mouthed wife is a nlander who'll read her story.

I can understand why you're irked by this.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Stop trolling.

I admit it - I'm the husband who beat up his fishy wife (you).

Happy now?
Me? Troll? Na wa o, where Did you get that from nah?cheesy

@bolded, don't tell me you're gay (a more cogent reason why this isn't Efe), but we could get down if you likekiss

1 Like

Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

is a lie.violence cannot save lives,infact violence leads to revenge and worse things.if nelson madela the world celebrates today decided to go into violence to get back at the people that jailed him for 27 years,wouldnt lives not have been lost,including innocent ones.me i have not seen where violence saves lives o shocked
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: wrong is wrong efe,just accept it.VIOLENCE IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO KEEP A CAUSTIC TONGUE SHUT
EXACTLY. Dats the case. People should just learn to accept the truth than their showing off their egocentric attitude.
Re: Violence In Marriage by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: is a lie.violence cannot save lives,infact violence leads to revenge and worse things.if nelson madela the world celebrates today decided to go into violence to get back at the people that jailed him for 27 years,wouldnt lives not have been lost,including innocent ones.me i have not seen where violence saves lives o shocked

It saves lives sometimes o.
Ask America.
Even your Mandela some claimed he was a terrorist. Bombing places. But that's another story.
But for me, this case hasn't gotten to that yet .
Re: Violence In Marriage by coogar: 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2013

sometimes, violence is very necessary. the democracy you are enjoying today was fought for by brave men. if hitler had his way, you would be a slave somewhere in eastern europe grinding pepper for a kosovo family.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Movies Every Married And Unmarried Couple Should Watch / Man Explains The Horrible Way He Found Out His Wife Was Cheating!!! / Would You Marry An Actor Or Actress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.