Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (23990 Views)

Do Not Marry Nigerian Girls. They Are Evil!!! / Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents / Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

Yes, its a question of choosing to be compatible with someone. Yes, I agree with you.

BUT i think its intimidation, when it becomes a conscious decision when one purposefully opts not to date someone abroad just because they're abroad (at least try them out. give them a chance.) don't assume they're any less Nigerian,  ,  there's no difference in a WELL MANNERED, EDUCATed Niger babe abroad and a well mannered educated babe in Niger.  no difference. same lessons. same manners.
I agree with you. osufia went from Lagos to marry a girl from the village. He took the girl to a motel believing she was a virgin as she professed. On getting to the motel, Osufia asked for the first room, the girl objected 'the AC in that room is not good' , the second room, ' again, 'the bed has lost one leg' , the third room 'the shower is broken' . . . .well  it all depends on the individual not the place of the individual . . .

I guess it is safer to get someone who has seen it all here and is ready to settle down than to get someone who will come ove and will begin a new stage of experiments . . .
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

Yes, its a question of choosing to be compatible with someone. Yes, I agree with you.

BUT i think its intimidation, when it becomes a conscious decision when one purposefully opts not to date someone abroad just because they're abroad (at least try them out. give them a chance.) don't assume they're any less Nigerian,  ,  there's no difference in a WELL MANNERED, EDUCATed Niger babe abroad and a well mannered educated babe in Niger.  no difference. same lessons. same manners.

I agree with you
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
Its so easy to get divorced in America, "our marriage isnt working" so it ends,its like people dont put their hearts in it.
Nigerian culture knocks into u that u should stay a virgin and stay with ur husband till u die,
bottom line is that the reason most guys marry Nigerian girls is that they are more patient,more in tune with their positions as wives and not as rivals.dont oversate their independence ie i earn a million dollars, blal bla bla,
Husband, first,Kids Second Yourself third, even if u are the president, u go home and cook for ur husband
so far it has worked the divorce rate in most african countries is far less that those in the  west,

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

Well if someone opts to date someone abroad just because they're abroad, i agree i don't see the good logic in that, but it could still be a preference.   Stereotype or should I say prejudice is not against the law, it is just usually frowned upon.

What of Nigerians who choose not to marry blacks . . . is that not somewhat similar?
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
AAAAHHHH AKATA. LOL

No Comment!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

Its so easy to get divorced in America, "our marriage isnt working" so it ends,its like people don't put their hearts in it.
Nigerian culture knocks into u that u should stay a virgin and stay with your husband till u die,
bottom line is that the reason most guys marry Nigerian girls is that they are more patient,more in tune with their positions as wives and not as rivals.don't oversate their independence ie i earn a million dollars, blal bla bla,
Husband,  first,Kids Second Yourself third, even if u are the president, u go home and cook for your husband
so far it has worked the divorce rate in most african countries is far less that those in the  west,
You had me until right about there.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

Its so easy to get divorced in America, "our marriage isnt working" so it ends,its like people don't put their hearts in it.
Nigerian culture knocks into u that u should stay a virgin and stay with your husband till u die,
bottom line is that the reason most guys marry Nigerian girls is that they are more patient,more in tune with their positions as wives and not as rivals.don't oversate their independence ie i earn a million dollars, blal bla bla,
Husband, first,Kids Second Yourself third, even if u are the president, u go home and cook for your husband

thank you sister.  that is the type of mentality missing in so many of the girls that are bred her, in my opinion.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

thank you sister.  that is the type of mentality missing in so many of the girls that are bred her, in my opinion.  
Oh quiet you.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by agaba123(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

But truth remains that some of those who come over from naija may still come and make friends with those born here and at the end of the day become worse.
an Igbo adage says that a a sheep that does not eat yam will learn to uproot the seed when it becomes buddies with yam eaters
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh quiet you.

Nwoke, abeg go and do research.

that's the type of mentality i'm talking about.  grin
I believe I have better chances of  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2008
agaba123:

But truth remains that some of those who come over from naija may still come and make friends with those born here and at the end of the day become worse.
That's the risk you take. But the older they are, the harder it is for that to happen.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2008
lol onyinye, ure touchy, haha grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Baxilexi(m): 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
nice topic, should be in the dailies
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

that's the type of mentality i'm talking about.  grin
I believe I have better chances of  lipsrsealed
Tell me what mentality you are talking about. cause clearly we have different answers.

ehie:

lol onyinye, ure touchy, haha grin
Yeah gurlie, i  mean if i spent a whole day discussing economy plans and world affairs, the last thing im fittin na do is cook for no body. in fact im the one who should come home to a meal.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
y'all are just cracking me up
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

Husband, first,Kids Second Yourself third, even if u are the president, u go home and cook for your husband
so far it has worked the divorce rate in most african countries is far less that those in the west,

The problem here is most naija guys in abroad wants a woman who will walk behind them and not beside them
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2008
ho cares, really?

Too bad I can't go home to marry a naija boy. . . . . embarassed That would have been my own retaliation. Too bad I just don't care.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

The problem here is most naija guys in abroad wants a woman who will walk behind them and not beside them
It is officially. You my long lost twin!!! I hate that. I walk behind no one.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

Tell me what mentality you are talking about. cause clearly we have different answers.
the one below.

Yeah gurlie, i  mean if i spent a whole day discussing economy plans and world affairs, the last thing im fittin na do is cook for no body. in fact im the one who should come home to a meal.
ehie, how do you qualify this statement?  A girl who is standoff-ish and pompous, who refuses to cook for her husband because she's the president of her company?    See why I say a lot of these girls don't share our similar interests.  ehie, I might need your number soon. you're a rare gem.  kiss  .  If my wife's work gets in the line of her homely responsibilities, she must find a job that honors the safety of our marriage.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
rubi:

how you take know this    playing the gender card again? that's another thing about yankee girls: feminist brigades.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

ho cares, really?

Too bad I can't go home to marry a naija boy. . . . . embarassed That would have been my own retaliation. Too bad I just don't care.

trust me, there are so many of them that you can marry back home, so no one is stoping you, u can even marry one and get 2 for free sef

onyinye2:

It is officially. You my long lost twin!!! I hate that. I walk behind no one.

dont worry, you dont have to walk behind anyone and i kinda question where you ladies are meeting all these kinda men you describing here, cos those aint nigerian negros.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2008
not my number  tongue oh! am not starting a blogfight oh
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by onyinye2(f): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

ehie, how do you qualify this statement?  A girl who is standoff-ish and pompous, who refuses to cook for her husband because she's the president of her company?    See why I say a lot of these girls don't share our similar interests.  ehie, I might need your number soon. you're a rare gem.  kiss  .  If my wife's work gets in the line of her homely responsibilities, she must find a job that honors the safety of our marriage.
I would of course cook for my family. That is a priority. But sometimes when i come home, i am tired, i would like to see a nice little meal waiting for me.
HCH3COO:

how you take know this    playing the gender card again? that's another thing about yankee girls: feminist brigades.
Oh so you want your wife to walk behind where ever you go??
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
ehie:

not my number  tongue oh! am not starting a blogfight oh
I am not talking of blogfight my friend.  I meant networking  tongue
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by rubi(f): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

That is the problem most naija guys have they believe a woman must do everything forgetting that she do not have any maid and when she complains she is becoming wild
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by ssRhino: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2008
HCH3COO:

how you take know this    playing the gender card again? that's another thing about yankee girls: feminist brigades.

they are surely not refering to nigerian borvas, cos a broda will wanna walk behind u to assimilate all he got in you and raise his shoulder to show off the sista and tell all wanna be to keep off.
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by madamkoko: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
Husband,  first,Kids Second Yourself third, even if u are the president, u go home and cook for your husband

ANOTHER STEREOTYPE AND BLATANT LIE.

I know Nigerian women who have lived in Nigeria all thier lives still end up getting divorced.
Many Nigerian women who have lived in Nigeria all thier lives and are NOT VIRGINS. Living in a specific place all your life does not mean that you understand or live out the culture.

Anyways sha, I'm off to pupu, grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Queenisha: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
agaba123:

an Igbo adage says that a a sheep that does not eat yam will learn to uproot the seed when it becomes buddies with yam eaters

mba

you people should marry them and keep them in the village.
Go home annually at new yam to impregnate them lipsrsealed
That way they remain pure and ever ready to serve
since coming to the west may corrupt their minds grin
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Baxilexi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

@onyin, good idea, that would certainly not be a problem,whats gonna happen is, you'll be the bread winner and i'll be the one giving you kisses on your way to work, and then get dressed in very sexy jamies before you get back from work, run you bath water, and the good thing is we have a cook. grin
we'll definately live happly ever after

@ruby, anything you like make you did, sighs
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Gonorrhea(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2008
madamkoko:

Anyways sha, I'm off to pupu, grin grin grin grin

kai, i just threw up over my fucking dinner!!

why naw?! sad embarassed
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2008
the husband is the head, that is what the bible said, submission, when u go out of God's will ,
well the rest is history
if u dont respect ur husban how will ur kids respect u and the world they are to enter.
selflessness is not foolishness
Re: Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? by HCH3COO: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2008
onyinye2:

I would of course cook for my family. That is a priority. But sometimes when i come home, i am tired, i would like to see a nice little meal waiting for me.Oh
Make sure it is "SOMETIMES" .   grin
so you want your wife to walk behind where ever you go??
no. i would much rather hold her hand, but if she feels safer back there, why not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

10 Golden Rules To Picking Up Prostitutes / Guys Do You Prefer Younger Or Older Ladies?? / How Do I Prove My Love To My Gf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.