Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303754 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
Royal Roy: Lollllz.

Funny how women are coming in and heating things up gradually.

cheesy cheesy

They love you now.

But una thread restrictions is not fair oh angry
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke:

Sometimes, they might look all fly till the knots tied, and it will be too late by then. So isn't it better to avoid such situations ab initio?

Most women will bring something that will casue concern, raise questions or trigger red. It's how you discern, categorise and respond. For some I'd be unequivocall in saying "move her along, quick time". She cheats, lies, steals etc. Get gone!

Others may give you pause for thought, but may be worth considering if she has other great qualities. So point in question, the disrespect about age, it may not be about age at all, but about her lack of maturity or some other issue. She may just need to grow out of it. You can help there.

In truth many women carry at least a little fear/baggage. Whether they realise it or not, they are looking for a man with broad enough shoulders to deal with them without heaping on the hurt.

Let me speak plainly; some women just need to be loved better! That's why it's important for you to know all about her, so you can figure out if you have the strength to unburden her of that load. The requisite love to make her better. Your care for her will go a long way to easing hurts, deleting wrong impressions and subduing unruliness (Fem... smiley)

You have to be mature enough to discern real issues and real change. Again, softly, softly. Don't force it. Just being around you should make her appreciate some things and change. She may not even realise it. If you have to broach it directly, do so, but it must be couched correctly. No threats, ultimatums. Ultimately the choice is hers. You are a man, if she doesn't measure up in timely fashion you move on, no looking back.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Guys, let the ladies comment as well. This next one is for them actually. So the question is what is the way to a man's heart? My answer is that it all depends on the man. There is no standard answer and each woman must understand the way to her man's heart. But I will touch on three things- career, sex and respect.

1. If you husband is the career minded person, please show interest in his career. Men want their women to care about the things that matter most to them. If you husband is expecting a promotion, sit down with him and pray together about it, and even if he does not get it, hug in and comfort him. Tell him positive things and let him understand how much you believe he deserved the promotion. If your husband has an important business meeting, once he gets home, ask him how it went. Show interest in what matters to him. It is more important to him than all your hours slaving to do house work. I know it may sound offensive but asking him about his business is more important than keeping the house clean - any househelp can do that.

2. The way to keep your man - be a lady in the living room, and a who*re in bed . Now that is self explanatory. The problem we have nowadays is that we have too many ladies being who*res in the living room and ladies in bed! Someone opened a thread asking if it is right to give her husband BJ. I just laughed and looong laugh. Ladies, your bedroom is not where you should be forming holy holy holy. Your bedroom is where you should be a tigress. Try different positions as long as it doesn't hurt. There was another thread where someone asked if it is ok for married women to initiate sex. I could have slapped the Op of that thread. Sometimes, we guys want you to surprise us. Be spontaneous, wear bum shorts, the ones that show the shape of you behind. Sex is sooooo powerful. I have a friend, a very nice guy and he just complains about his wife's attitude to sex. They do it about once a month. She is always tired doing all sorts. Always running around the house like a headless chicken. A good sex life is more important than having a clean house and washing pots, soap etc. Ladies need to get this one o.

3. Honour your husband. I said respect earlier but the right word is honour. If you agreed to marry a man then you must honour him. Honouring your husband does not make you weak, it only shows you are a wise woman. If you do not see yourself respecting a guy, then dont marry him. If you cannot look up to him as a husband and your leader then you are better off with someone else or single. And guys, if your fiance cannot respect you, please and please do not marry her. Whether she is from your tribe, religion, profession, etc. If she talks down on you and disrespects you, then dont marry her. And if you are married, I say again, all forms of insurbodination must be crushed! You must be the leader in your house and your wife must accept you as her leader. I have a pilot friend and he has such a sweet wife. She calls him "my captain" and they just look soo good together. This woman is very smart and has done very well for herself, but she still revers her husband soooo much.

Abeg ladies, these are just a few, you need to find the way to your man's heart. Abeg, who is buying me drinks for this long post!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
tpia@:

Thanks, any other career options? ( open question).

Oil and gas is highly competitive and not everyone has the connections needed to get in.

oil/gas is not competitive, nigerians just head into it with a flawed résumé.

any other career options depend on which discipline, the qualifications or certifications, etc.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
^^^^^^^^

More drinks to that table.

Bring your friends in Nash.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
3. Honour your husband. I said respect earlier but the right word is honour. If you agreed to marry a man then you must honour him. Honouring your husband does not make you weak, it only shows you are a wise woman. If you do not see yourself respecting a guy, then dont marry him. If you cannot look up to him as a husband and your leader then you are better off with someone else or single. And guys, if your fiance cannot respect you, please and please do not marry her. Whether she is from your tribe, religion, profession, etc. If she talks down on you and disrespects you, then dont marry her. And if you are married, I say again, all forms of insurbodination must be crushed! You must be the leader in your house and your wife must accept you as her leader. I have a pilot friend and he has such a sweet wife. She calls him "my captain" and they just look soo good together. This woman is very smart and has done very well for herself, but she still revers her husband soooo much.

I hope they listen and stop doing follow follow wannabe. I'm yet to see that invisible gbewudani ''man of substance'' that will take crap from any woman.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

oil/gas is not competitive, nigerians just head into it with a flawed résumé.

any other career options depend on which discipline, the qualifications or certifications, etc.

In nigeria, it is difficult to get anything without connections, regardless if a resume is flawed or perfect.

The suggestions I'm looking for are people who do not have such assistance, what are the other options for a career.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dear lord, please make all my sons "gbewudani's" like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
tpia@:

In nigeria, it is difficult to get anything without connections, regardless if a resume is flawed or perfect.

The suggestions I'm looking for are people who do not have such assistance, what are the other options for a career.

in nigeria? haaaaa
everything you need in nigeria is virtually via connections even if it's wanting police to do their job.

politics is the leading money making venture in nigeria. if you can't go into that, start a church or go into oil/gas. apart from those 3 options, na struggle!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Mzspread(f): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ Nash, u are really hitting d nail on d head..I love that part of. ' being a lady in d living room and a wh*ore in d bedroom' kiss honour to ur husband boosts his confidence and makes him even respect the lady more....respect they say is reciprocal

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bussyluv08: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mz_spread: . Awww dis sounds so cool. U are realy a rare gem. I love men who can always boast abt dr wives to anyone who cares to listen. May that love continualy to increase in Jesus name and no one shal put asunder in ur marriage. Tho am yet to get married, my fiance is so proud of me & and he treats me like a queen evn in d presence of his frds..dat boosts my self esteem and it makes me love him d more. Am glad am goin to get married to my king
pls oh am also looking for dat type of guy.want my own king too.i pray and hope he comes dis year

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bussyluv08: 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nashville: Guys, let the ladies comment as well. This next one is for them actually. So the question is what is the way to a man's heart? My answer is that it all depends on the man. There is no standard answer and each woman must understand the way to her man's heart. But I will touch on three things- career, sex and respect.

1. If you husband is the career minded person, please show interest in his career. Men want their women to care about the things that matter most to them. If you husband is expecting a promotion, sit down with him and pray together about it, and even if he does not get it, hug in and comfort him. Tell him positive things and let him understand how much you believe he deserved the promotion. If your husband has an important business meeting, once he gets home, ask him how it went. Show interest in what matters to him. It is more important to him than all your hours slaving to do house work. I know it may sound offensive but asking him about his business is more important than keeping the house clean - any househelp can do that.

2. The way to keep your man - be a lady in the living room, and a who*re in bed . Now that is self explanatory. The problem we have nowadays is that we have too many ladies being who*res in the living room and ladies in bed! Someone opened a thread asking if it is right to give her husband BJ. I just laughed and looong laugh. Ladies, your bedroom is not where you should be forming holy holy holy. Your bedroom is where you should be a tigress. Try different positions as long as it doesn't hurt. There was another thread where someone asked if it is ok for married women to initiate sex. I could have slapped the Op of that thread. Sometimes, we guys want you to surprise us. Be spontaneous, wear bum shorts, the ones that show the shape of you behind. Sex is sooooo powerful. I have a friend, a very nice guy and he just complains about his wife's attitude to sex. They do it about once a month. She is always tired doing all sorts. Always running around the house like a headless chicken. A good sex life is more important than having a clean house and washing pots, soap etc. Ladies need to get this one o.

Abeg ladies, these are just a few, you need to find the way to your man's heart. Abeg, who is buying me drinks for this long post!
love dis but dnt make it sound like its a woman's job alone to preserve d marriage. Wat abt was a man shd do to keep his wife's love
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
I think at some point people should move past the overemphasis on sex and focus more on actual things that come with non sexual interaction, moreso since sex can be gotten anywhere.

Let's assume sex is a given at any time, and occasionally its ok to not focus so much on sex to the detriment of everything else.

If sex is the only thing to a relationship then conservative societies should have higher divorce rates than non conservative ones.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
Just my opinion, thank you, I didn't say other people should not talk.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
tpia@:
I think at some point people should move past the overemphasis on sex and focus more on actual things that come with non sexual interaction, moreso since sex can be gotten anywhere.

Let's assume sex is a given at any time, and occasionally its ok to not focus so much on sex to the detriment of everything else.

If sex is the only thing to a relationship then conservative societies should have higher divorce rates than non conservative ones.

sex is the fuel that keeps the marriage.
while i can agree it's not the only thing that keeps it, the importance cannot be overemphasised. if any of the parties involved is not sexually satisfied then the marriage is doomed.

there are loads of sex in conservative societies too as far as marriage is concerned. you cannot tell me those rabbis or sheikhs are not getting good sex - they just restrict it to the confines of marriage.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ypepe: 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
All these NL men sef dey fall hand.
Only TV and Nash dey keep it real.

Coogar is busy discussing oil and gas.
U better start talking tongue
If its arguing with ur wife ileo, this would hv reached page 10 and counting!
Abeg come and tell us how u guys normally make up after d loooong arguments and quarrels. tongue
And why u two can't live without each other. kiss

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by LaurinaDavid(f): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quote
author=ypepe]All these NL men sef dey fall hand.
Only TV and Nash dey keep it real.

Coogar is busy discussing oil and gas.
U better start talking tongue
If its arguing with ur wife ileo, this would hv reached page 10 and
counting!
Abeg come and tell us how u guys normally make up after d loooong
arguments and quarrels. tongue
And why u two can't live without each other. kiss [/quote]

i just tire for them oooo, see Babes they talk how them they pounce
on their guys but the men they ignore their own...
It's either they're weaklings on bed or they are too shy to say it,
because we are here.... Maybe when we leave they would open up
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nice thread.
Great posts from Royal Roy. Mr Nashville. Et al
Learning many things.

I slightly disagree with oga Nashville on the 50-50 thing. Why?
Because it works for me. First I think it depends on the type of partner one has. In any relationship where there is a recognized power tussle,then I'm sorry to say that it is headed for the rocks. Be it the man or the woman who is calling the shots. Cos the other party will always feel subdued most of the time and seek a way to at least try and win some. (That's when discord sets in) I don't think it should be like that. My husband doesn't make decisions without discussing with me first.(Even during dating and courtship) Not because he needs my 'permission' to do so but because he understands he married a woman who can contribute positively to his life. So why do it alone when two good heads are obviously better than one?
And why would I argue with him unnecessarily when all he's trying to do is look out for us?
Some men and women go out and listen to all the crrap people say outside
"I can't tolerate such nonsense from my wife"
"I can't accept such B.S from my husband"
Then they go home and try to make their partner behave or act like the seeming perfect husband/wife their friend has.
"If Nkechi's husband allows her make decisions at home, why should okonkwo not do the same?"

Or "if Emeka doesn't let Adanma say nada at home,why should Bimpe think she has a say?"

Many men misunderstand what being the head of a family entails. So most times,if what the wife says is what's best for the home at the moment,they won't want to accept it because it didn't come from them.
And many women misunderstand what feminism is about. To them it means I must be heard and adherred to even when I'm not making sense.
Enough with the power tussle already. Where's the love?

Pls I'm sorry if I went against the rule it's obviously for the the boys "boys night out".
Hands Mic back to the MC. smiley

*curtain drawn*

7 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
It doesn't matter who comes up with the idea,as long as it is a good one I will support it. Even, my wife makes decision and executes it without telling me and afterwards I will still commend her because she made a good decision. But this happens because of the great understanding that exists between us. This might not work for other couple as the man may see it as neglect. Some men are too egotistic and always think they will be the one to create ideas but this is completely flawed as women are equally wise and good planners. Marriage is give me I give you....daalu nu.

7 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ngokafor(f): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Laurina David:

i just tire for them oooo, see Babes they talk how them they pounce
on their guys but the men they ignore their own...
It's either they're weaklings on bed or they are too shy to say it,
because we are here.... Maybe when we leave they would open up

....me think they are shy and just 'forming' because we are here,but we aint going no where come what may hehe..
...imagine!.. one is even busy talking about oil and gas..like seriously business talk again for here?..anyway make i keep mute for now..
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
NRI PRIEST: It doesn't matter who comes up with the idea,as long as it is a good one I will support it. Even my wife makes decision and executes it without telling me and afterwards I will still commend her because she made a good decision. But this happens because of the great understanding that exists between us. This might not work for other couple as the man may see it as neglet. Some men are too egotistic and always think they will be the one create ideas but this is completely flawed as women are equally wise and good planners. Marriage is give me I give you....daalu nu.

Now that's a man talking sense!!!

Standing ovation!!!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Wow!!
100 percent.
Tell your woman I said she's lucky
TV01:

Most women will bring something that will casue concern, raise questions or trigger red. It's how you discern, categorise and respond. For some I'd be unequivocall in saying "move her along, quick time". She cheats, lies, steals etc. Get gone!

Others may give you pause for thought, but may be worth considering if she has other great qualities. So point in question, the disrespect about age, it may not be about age at all, but about her lack of maturity or some other issue. She may just need to grow out of it. You can help there.

In truth many women carry at least a little fear/baggage. Whether they realise it or not, they are looking for a man with broad enough shoulders to deal with them without heaping on the hurt.

Let me speak plainly; some women just need to be loved better! That's why it's important for you to know all about her, so you can figure out if you have the strength to unburden her of that load. The requisite love to make her better. Your care for her will go a long way to easing hurts, deleting wrong impressions and subduing unruliness (Fem... smiley)

You have to be mature enough to discern real issues and real change. Again, softly, softly. Don't force it. Just being around you should make her appreciate some things and change. She may not even realise it. If you have to broach it directly, do so, but it must be couched correctly. No threats, ultimatums. Ultimately the choice is hers. You are a man, if she doesn't measure up in timely fashion you move on, no looking back.

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
nwababy: @ Nri Priest, are you my fiance? Seen our look alike oh. Dated my hubby to be for 10yrs. It wasn't easy I tell you. Na money matter waster the time and he's a good man so waited. And now am reaping my wait. I bless the Lord. He just started a job this jan(A good job oh) Am still singing and dancing everyday. So, finally, my enemies and those that were laughing at us are shamed. God, am so grateful, thankful and my mouth is ful of praise. I can't stop thanking God

Nne,sometimes it pays to wait but it must be for the right guy. You see,for a guy its easy to meet women and rollover with them and keep it moving but the game changes when MARRIAGE is mentioned. Most guys will not marry 99% of the chics they dated or slept with. Finding a wife is more difficult than finding money! Shocking, right ? Well,look at it this way. There is a strategy for job hunting,keeping a job and expanding your financial capacity but their isn't a strategy for finding a wife. "Nwanyi be ngwugwu ekelu eke"

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Eziokwu smiley
NRI PRIEST: It doesn't matter who comes up with the idea,as long as it is a good one I will support it. Even my wife makes decision and executes it without telling me and afterwards I will still commend her because she made a good decision. But this happens because of the great understanding that exists between us. This might not work for other couple as the man may see it as neglet. Some men are too egotistic and always think they will be the one create ideas but this is completely flawed as women are equally wise and good planners. Marriage is give me I give you....daalu nu.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
lorretta u: Eziokwu smiley

How is your man? I hope you treats him like a king.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
I have no choice. He's a king
NRI PRIEST:

How is your man? I hope you treats him like a king.
my king
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
lorretta u: I have no choice. He's a king my king

That's what I'm talking about wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
I have come to learn some privacy issues about married men and women; Once a woman(at least most women) gets in the company of their close friends they easily open up and talk about sexual escapade with their hubby. How big he is,how many times she came though,how he holds and touches,whether he goes down on her and what have you. But for men its the complete opposite,especially,Nigerian men. When we are dating it is safe to talk about how you put it down on your gf and how she come asking for more but all that ceases soon as we get married. We don't discuss sex with our wife with anybody but her! I don't know why,though ? Men see intimacy with their wife as sacred and must not be defiled by discussing it with anybody. Infact,I have zero respect for anybody that talks about how he does it with his wife! Guys,what's ya take on this issue..

Nri Priest aka Odenigbo Aroli.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
The female version of thread talk about how they jump on their hubby. Everyone there na se x machine and hubby na six packs.

Male version talks about keeping the home in order. Fears about equality, feminism etc. The race is real.
smiley

Lorreta u, I feel your post die. What works for A might not work for B.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Loretta U and NRI PRIEST, daalu

May God help us all in our homes.

Some women cannot respect a husband that lets them have a say/opinion in the home
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Guys,

This is meant to be guys just gisting and most times married men never talk about how they have sex with their wives and the various styles, positions etc. So we are trying to talk about various things: career, socializing, sports, sex, business, family life etc. This is more than sex talk.

Also this is not supposed to be another feminism thread. We have had too many of these lately. All I have said so far is that the man is the head of the house and that is scriptural. I have not said men should not listen to their wives or wives cannot make decisions for the family. Please do not misquote me. I will soon write something about what it really means to be the head of the family and may be also discuss why married men cheat!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ladygogo: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
please talk about sex jo! what is all these respecting and honouring your man y'all are talking about. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.