Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (303746 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
And Teefee has slammed it.. GBISH!

[img]http://justmeint.files./2012/10/gavel.gif[/img]

However no two issues are the same.. No one justified or justifies cheating
Having an understanding of issues help in solving them

There is soemthing a poster here said that is worthy of note

I love my wife not because she is the most beautiful but because she is the one i have avowed myself to

It has been pointed out clearly here... Do not forsake the wife of your youth,,,.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by harlos: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hello somebodycheesy

Finally a place where I can talk as I like, hope dem no dey ban person here
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nosyke:

Case closed!!!!!!!

*Starts drafting letter to be sent to Akwa Ibom/Uyo on assignment/transfer cry cry

LOL....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
pickabeau1: unfortunately, my posts shall have to suffice on this mata...grin

Asians love the good life and anything expat...just like our SS girls....

at times.. their respect borders on fear

asians are too good - very loyal!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by harlos: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
*this one that I'm seeing new faces is making me feel like a novice sadsad *
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
harlos: *this one that I'm seeing new faces is making me feel like a novice sadsad *

feel free bro...

@coogar
Asians,.. they also give cute mix breed kids

See david alaba and tiger woods
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
pickabeau1:
@coogar
Asians,.. they also give cute mix breed kids
See david alaba and tiger woods

the cutest baby i have ever seen was with one thai woman. mixed breed, afroasian kid. if i had spent one more year there, i would have definitely married one.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nosyke: @Nash, TV, et al, please start giving your guy bits on wedding plans Bussyluv08 weds Nosyke wink

Get a girl first mate wink

But seriously, be as cash rich as you can be in preparation and ahead of time. Even if you haven't gotten the girl! Listen carefully; plan your budget with a medium term view - i.e. there is life and there will be expenses after the day - and stick to it. Anyone that thinks you should charter helicopter, release a million white doves, or anything you both haven't planned for, should only be accomodated on the basis they are willing to fund it.

In all likelihood, you would have dreamed of winning the girl, the girl would have dreamt of the big day. She probably already knows what she wants. Negotiate what's best for you both and support her all the way. Keep a close eye on spending and all arangements. PM it!

Nosyke: @Nash, TV, et al. For a guy that likes staying indoors, how can the social life be improved. In one of your posts, you mentioned something about an ideal guy knowing the right social points/joints around him without necessarily turning into a mobile brewery?

If you are a Christian, church is great. But beware, you probably have to be more discerning there than in a brothel wink.

For the naturally reclusive, a solid network of family and friends is a big asset. No matter how small yours is work to extend it.

Let me give you two insights from my time searching;

1. Boldness
I was - am even - a little like you. Boldness was one of the things I had to learn. And I mean to the extent of approaching people wherever you meet them. It's not easy and requires patience and practice. But it will make you feel manly and build confidence - even if you get blown out. No marriage proposals at first sight 0 ! A simple "hello, how are you" or "good morning", will suffice. Start by learning to engage people you know more - colleagues etc. - then move on to "neutrals", girls that you are not necessarily interested in - this reduces pressure and sweaty armpit/clammy hand/cotton mouth type situations smiley

2. Smart use of contacts
Following on from my "family & friends" & "boldness points above. I meant and got to know literally hundreds of girls - always knowing I was looking for a wife. My wife. Initially, once they proved "out of scope" for whatever reason, I cut all contact. But as I grew in understanding. I thought hmmm...these ladies could be a great resource. So unless they fell into the "bad eggs" category, I started to retain contact/friendships, making it plainly platonic. A few of these girls became my greatest champions. I met my wife through one of them.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
They really are cute kids....
coogar:

the cutest baby i have ever seen was with one thai woman. mixed breed, afroasian kid. if i had spent one more year there, i would have definitely married one.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
TV01:

Get a girl first mate wink

But seriously, be as cash rich as you can be in preparation and ahead of time. Even if you haven't gotten the girl! Listen carefully; plan your budget with a medium term view - i.e. there is life and there will be expenses after the day - and stick to it. Anyone that thinks you should charter helicopter, release a million white doves, or anything you both haven't planned for, should only be accomodated on the basis they are willing to fund it.

In all likelihood, you would have dreamed of winning the girl, the girl would have dreamt of the big day. She probably already knows what she wants. Negotiate what's best for you both and support her all the way. Keep a close eye on spending and all arangements. PM it!

If you are a Christian, church is great. But beware, you probably have to be more discerning there than in a brothel wink.

For the naturally reclusive, a solid network of family and friends is a big asset. No matter how small yours is work to extend it.

Let me give you two insights from my time searching;

1. Boldness
I was -am even - a little like you. Boldness was one of the things I had to learn. And I mean to the extent of approaching people wherever you meet them. It's not easy and requires patience and practice. But it will make you feel manly and build confidence - even if you get blown out. No marriage proposals at first sight 0 ! A simple "hello, how are you" or "good morning", will suffice. Start by learning to engage people you know more - colleagues etc. - then move on to "neutrals", girls that you are not necessarily interested in - this reduces pressure and sweaty armpit/clammy hand/cotton mouth type situations smiley

2. Smart use of contacts
Following on from my "family & friends" & "boldness points above. I meant and got to know literally hundreds of girls - always knowing I was looking for a wife. My wife. Initially, once they proved "out of scope" for whatever reason, I cut all contact. But as I grew in understanding. I thought hmmm...these ladies could be a great resource. So unless they fell into the "bad eggs" category, I started to retain contact/friendships, making it plainly platonic. A few of these girls became my greatest champions. I met my wife through one of them.

TV

Wow, when I asked about the wedding plans initially, I was only kidding in response to Bussy. However, the tips you gave are absolutely spot on. I surely will keep them handy when the time comes. (even though I dont know when). Thanks a mil smiley

Now to the second point, in a case whereby most of the people (females) around you are either your mate or older then you (either due to the fact that you graduated from school on time or you started working on time), how can one make very healthy platonic Guy-Chic relationship (maybe with a view to making it something serious )?. More often than not these ladies want something serious which one might not just be willing to give at the moment
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
@Biolabee, that's much closer, I guess. @Coogar, 'forced to cheat'? That's a new one. I'm a firm believer that noone can make anyone do anything they didn't want to in the first unless, of course, there's remote threat to life.
@TV, I agree with your points especially where you say circumstances do not make a man cheat. I'll disagree with you saying cheats are non-men though, a human is way too complex to be defined by his ability/inability to control some habits, I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ronnie65(f): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nice one guys.
Really interesting. Please how does a babe attract a guy who doesn't seem to show much interest in her? without appearing desperate or been turned into beer palor topic?

These days loads of guys can't read body language and eye contacts. help a sister out.

BTW, we both are in contact but he comes on to me srrongly once a while and just shuts off after a while. he probably needs to be plugged to a stabilizer. Lol

I don't want to put all my cards on the table for him for obvious reasons but can't watch him slip off either.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by almaliki: 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
pickabeau1: PH has fine gals...
Warri babes,,, down to earth,,,

You should see gems in abraka.....

but for the total package.. beauty and homeliness, our sisters from AkwaIbom and Crossriver edge it... no pretense,..

The closest to them ive seen so far are the SA chics...cool to hang out and cook superbly though i hear ZIM babes are awesome too

A friend just married a cameroonian,,, they seem cool too

xmas in douala,,..grin

Erm....pickabeau......did u sch @ abk....or u visited abk sometime ago....been following ur posts lately...u kinda make me feel I know u somewhere..........*clears throat in defence...... before dem go begin attack me say I wan dey razzle d chick*
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
fresh_dude: @TV, I agree with your points especially where you say circumstances do not make a man cheat. I'll disagree with you saying cheats are non-men though, a human is way too complex to be defined by his ability/inability to control some habits, I believe.

I agree with you. I didn't say not men...not men in the sense of character/conduct in that respect.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jumzzy448: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
coogar:

some guys don't know their true worth & value and this is why girls mistreat them anyhow. the woman that will drag my pride through the mud isn't born yet....a man must know when not to take any nonsense from his woman. women love experimenting, they just want to push the man to his elastic limit.

a man must be firm, principled. if a woman throws nonsense in your face, show your disagreement in the calmest way possible. there's always a better woman out there - that has always been my mantra. if she screws up, let her go & find another. my ego is my greatest weapon & it's yet to let me down.
Seems you and my hubby have the same personality.
Thanks Nashville. Learnt a lot from your post.
I'm enjoying this thread more than the girls night out discussion. The girls own is full of ikworikokwo.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ronnie65: Nice one guys.
Really interesting. Please how does a babe attract a guy who doesn't seem to show much interest in her? without appearing desperate or been turned into beer palor topic?

These days loads of guys can't read body language and eye contacts. help a sister out.

BTW, we both are in contact but he comes on to me srrongly once a while and just shuts off after a while. he probably needs to be plugged to a stabilizer. Lol

I don't want to put all my cards on the table for him for obvious reasons but can't watch him slip off either.

While waiting for the experts (Nash, TV et al). I will suggest the following.
Trying engaging him in small talks, even try getting personal. things like his favourite sports, colours, foods, drinks, etc. From here, assuming his best colour is blue (like me), you might try wearing clothes/assessories that have blue colourations or shades/touches

Call him up and ask him how his day went, stuffs like that. Try also knwoing if he is a serious relationship which might be why he isnt interested in any other chic.

If all of the above fail, please show me the same green light and I will connect straight up wink wink

But mehn, some guys dey fall hands o
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
TV01:

I agree with you. I didn't say not men..[B$.not men in the sense of character/conduct in that respect.[/b]

TV
Oh, it's just, your statement seemed kind of really general. But I get you.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2014

this is 2014....
if you like a guy, let him know you do a lot. if he's a manly man, he should get the message. and when he makes his move, don't front for too long. let him have his answer within few days.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ronnie65(f): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nosyke:

While waiting for the experts (Nash, TV et al). I will suggest the following.
Trying engaging him in small talks, even try getting personal. things like his favourite sports, colours, foods, drinks, etc. From here, assuming his best colour is blue (like me), you might try wearing clothes/assessories that have blue colourations or shades/touches

Call him up and ask him how his day went, stuffs like that. Try also knwoing if he is a serious relationship which might be why he isnt interested in any other chic.

If all of the above fail, please show me the same green light and I will connect straight up wink wink

But mehn, some guys dey fall hands o

Nice one Nosyke.
He is free, reason why am interested but I think he must have gone through a heartbreak of sort . Not sure.

I like ur subtle suggestions hopefully he doesn't run off or start taking me for granted. that's my fear.

About showing u green lights, well since ur color is blue I don't think a green light will appeal to you much. ** tongue tongue tongue **

Thanks all the same. feeling u guys in here.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ronnie65(f): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
coogar:

this is 2014....
if you like a guy, let him know you do a lot. if he's a manly man, he should get the message. and when he makes his move, don't front for too long. let him have his answer within few days.

Am not forming for him Cougar. he comes all flirty a times and that goes on for like two days and next five days he becomes official.
Just don't want to be made a laughing stock.
I however am not worried of rejection, life goes on.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nosyke: Now to the second point, in a case whereby most of the people (females) around you are either your mate or older then you (either due to the fact that you graduated from school on time or you started working on time), how can one make very healthy platonic Guy-Chic relationship (maybe with a view to making it something serious )?. More often than not these ladies want something serious which one might not just be willing to give at the moment[/i]

Men must take responsibility for their relationships. And act as having a "duty of care" when engaging women.

To keep it platonic simply do not send out wrong signals, give hints or be caught up in situations that suggest otherwise. If the girl is getting the wrong impression or "trying to make it happen", you need to disengage, limit contact or simply speak plainly - but kindly.

Note;
1. Some women read any nice gesture as a sign of intent. Be careful.

2. Some women will see what they want and try and make it happen by sheer force of will. It may not be because of anything you do or don't do. Beware.

Platonically, treat them like sisters, don't be flirtatious. Be polite and helpful without overdoing the bobo nice or falling mugu. If you wish to step it up, you suggest something. Start cooly, drink meal etc. Light-hearted chat and probe without being nosey. If they are always around., scope them as much as possible without being intrusive. It's worth finding out a person before stepping-up if possible. Saves time and effort. Before suggesting anything, if they are in the same office, linger a little at their desks, chat a bit more. To them, not about them.

Don't think "serious" until you have a decent bio. Otherwise it's simply speculative, or at best "getting to know".

I speak as a serious man to serious men. I was celibate for over a decade. Met loads of women, but never called any girlfriend. Met my wife, got to know her, woo'ed her, courted her, married her.

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by PureOhio(f): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ronnie65:

Am not forming for him Cougar. he comes all flirty a times and that goes on for like two days and next five days he becomes official.

If he's interested in you relationship-wise, he would have made a move, especially if he's not the shy type.

The subtle signs are obvious enough. Don't push it. Being wanted and being loved is better than putting yourself out there to be wanted (in the long run). Let the men toast.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2014

In addition to what Nosyke has said, starting off in the friend zone is the best bet. He'll let you in quicker and less predatorily as you should too. This time should make you know him better and deeper than if he already was making the moves on you as whatever info you get is most likely from a sincere place. Sooner or later, if you can wait or his truly your type, you 'll get your man. Goodluck.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by almaliki: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ronnie65:

He might be looking @ his longterm goals....as in will he be there 4 u eventually should u guys hookup(that only time can tell),..... he might as well be weighing the options he has on the table @ the momment......a few sisters might be on d radar just like u do......, he could as well be looking @ u from d angle of his younger sister whom he doesn't wanna toy with her emotions....., well would advise u to look straight into his eyeballs while asking a few personal questions.......lol
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by dokunbam(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Always respect their opinion, treat them well, let them know you care, commit when necessary

but always make your point clear
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ronnie65: Really interesting. Please how does a babe attract a guy who doesn't seem to show much interest in her? without appearing desperate or been turned into beer palor topic?

Today is not girls day jor...can't your sisters help you angry?

Okay I like your humility in stepping forward.

You've already given him "access". He can come and go as he pleases. In reality, you are the one left "destabilised". Will he, won't he? Does he, doesn't he?

If I were to advice you ab initio, I would always say be guarded in allowing men access. Keep things polite & platonic. Moreso if you like him. If he's good and mature he will make the effort and force the issue. If he's not, he isn't really worth your while.

Women can also try boldness, but slightly differently. On a "flirty" occassion, simply ask him. You know him better than we do, so think your approach through. I can suggest an outline, but I can't be prescriptive;

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ronnie65:

i just like women who know what they want & go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Seems the guy is flirty because he sees the lady is interested in him and perhaps he doesn't want to appear rude.

However, if his mind is not there, it might be better for the woman to move on and simply have him as a friend, nothing more.

Doesn't sound like he's convinced per se.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
abk as in abeokuta?... nope
im not a chick oo

interesting that the same chics that made fun when this started are having a cool ride here....grin
almaliki:

Erm....pickabeau......did u sch @ abk....or u visited abk sometime ago....been following ur posts lately...u kinda make me feel I know u somewhere..........*clears throat in defence...... before dem go begin attack me say I wan dey razzle d chick*
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
TV01:

Men must take responsibility for their relationships. And act as having a "duty of care" when engaging women.

To keep it platonic simply do not send out wrong signals, give hints or be caught up in situations that suggest otherwise. If the girl is getting the wrong impression or "trying to make it happen", you need to disengage, limit contact or simply speak plainly - but kindly.

Note;
1. Some women read any nice gesture as a sign of intent. Be careful.

2. Some women will see what they want and try and make it happen by sheer force of will. It may not be because of anything you do or don't do. Beware.

Platonically, treat them like sisters, don't be flirtatious. Be polite and helpful without overdoing the bobo nice or falling mugu. If you wish to step it up, you suggest something. Start cooly, drink meal etc. Light-hearted chat and probe without being nosey. If they are always around., scope them as much as possible without being intrusive. It's worth finding out a person before stepping-up if possible. Saves time and effort. Before suggesting anything, if they are in the same office, linger a little at their desks, chat a bit more. To them, not about them.

Don't think "serious" until you have a decent bio. Otherwise it's simply speculative, or at best "getting to know".

I speak as a serious man to serious men. I was celibate for over a decade. Met loads of women, but never called any girlfriend. Met my wife, got to know her, woo'ed her, courted her, married her.

TV

Tripple tuale for you. I doff my hat for you. I really like your maturity, TV, (no homo)
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nosyke:

@First bolded, Yes, I am very ok discussing the bolded, in fact, I do very well in those

@ Second bolded, I beg to disagree, I am, still and will forever be a Manchester United Fan. We are only passing through a phase, and we surely will come out stronger. wink wink

I so love your indepth analysis of the categories of Men cheats........very intriguing, omo that your HR manager friend, mehn, would have given King Solomon a good run for his wealth cheesy cheesy But Like Ujojoan said, somehow, you implied that Its in Men's nature to cheat, what we just need is a little push/shove/justification. I am not married yet, but I dont think its right, some guys out there exist that still have self discipline

You dey follow Moyes grin grin grin. LWKMD. Una go dey battle relegation next season.

I just to state again that I have never and will never endorse cheating. I have never cheated on my wife and I will soon post on ways to avoid cheating. Most people say that 90% of married men cheat at one point or the other. I just gave those examples to let people know what goes on in the heads of these guys and why our society is somewhat immoral. Its not only a problem with guys, its a societal problem!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Ronnie65(f): 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
Thank you guys. Feeling all the love.

@TV.

You know sometimes its easy sharing ur problem with guys when on men issue than the ladies. The ladies freak out too much on such issues. Reason why I didn't go to the sisters.

I appreciate all you guys here.

Thanks PureOhio... see you too sis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.