Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate (56282 Views)

Court Stops The Arrest Of Ibrahim Larmode By Senate & IGP / Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by chitoria: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
APC yeye party.leave stella alone.
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by vivalavida(m): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
ololo12:

Dalu.. Chineke gozie gi..

Saboteur

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by seangy4konji: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
you must be stupid to believe that photo...So that what her photo when she dropped the CV?Ole oshi
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by coninse: 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2014

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by ugoboss26(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Controversial country

Controversial president And past presidents

Controversial cabinet

Controversial ministers

With controversial statements

So why won't they get controversial stories written about them?
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by ichidodo: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
ololo12:

I like to leak Shymmex's asss
Now i see where you are coming from
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Negation: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
I must be so naïve, cos I don't get it; how can people be supporting ministers like people support football teams, loyal to the point of stupidity? People who enter office, chop chop chop and leave?

And this case still has legs - Her profile on the MOA website still has her down as having a masters degree. I guess Yoruba people own that website too. This case is so simple that an intelligent person should laugh until he/she cries: The press of any country should exist to ensure that the integrity of their public servants are always stellar (hehe) and their people are kept aware of issues that are in their collective interest. A minister lying about their qualifications (and buying bulletproof whips) is in our interest. Now if an investigation is launched and SR (as well as other media outlets) are found to be rotten liars, then deal with them!!! However, if the Minister is found to be guilty of the allegations....

Why is this way of thinking so difficult? Are we not trying to be a modern country? Or should we just stick to gossiping and dancing about who has made their next billion?

People should read Achebe's 'A man of the people' or 'The trouble with Nigeria'. It's amazing to see that a lot of our issues have not been sorted out.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by ololo12: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
ichidodo: Johnny Just Come

A little assignment for you nwanne. Compare and contrast and then tell me whose the Johnny just come between me and you.

Posts That I Have Liked

Send E-Mail Message To ololo12

Time registered: February 02, 2007

Time spent online: 14 days & 20 hours

---------------------------------------------------------------
Send E-Mail Message To ichidodo

Personal text: I Love My Country

Time registered: February 04, 2012

Time spent online: 2 months & 6 days

Quit this tribalism ish. We don't need it bro. What happened to living together and co-existing in peace as brothers and sisters. It's suppose to Nigerian first, before whatever tribe. But the reserve is the case. I am not for Tribalism bro. Enuf said.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by EzePromoe: 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
I can't just leave this thread without saying [size=24pt]SHAME[/size] to So'aghara reporters tongue

And to our superfluous Air Polluting Compressors (APC), I want to remind you all that FRESH AIR must always prevail in this country.
cool

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Negation: I must be so naïve, cos I don't get it;

Yes, you are.
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Novelle: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by madnigerian: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
US Education Department, California-based University Confirm Stella Oduah’s Honorary Ph.D Is Fake

[url]http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-education-department-california-based-university-confirm-stella-oduah%E2%80%99s-honorary-phd-fa[/url]

By Musikilu Mojeed

The American National Centre for Education Statistics has told PREMIUM TIMES that the Pacific Christian University, Glendale, which Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah, claimed awarded her a doctorate degree, does not exist, confirming this newspaper’s Wednesday’s report that the minister’s purported honorary Ph.D is fake.

The National Centre for Education Statistics is an agency under the U.S. Department of Education.

Responding to a PREMIUM TIMES’ inquiry, the spokesperson for the agency, which maintains a comprehensive and up-to-date database of all American public and private educational institutions, said, “Thank you for your inquiry. I do not see a university in our database that is Pacific Christian University in Glendale”.

She however suggested that the closest to Pacific Christian University in the database might be Hope International University in Fullerton which she believed used to be known as Pacific Christian College.

Contacted, Every Delarosa of the registrar’s office at Hope International University confirmed that the institution used to be known as Pacific Christian College and not Pacific Christian University as Mrs. Oduah indicated in her resume.

Even at that, Ms. Delarosa insisted Mrs. Oduah could not be referring to Hope University because the institution changed its name from Pacific Christian College in 1997 while Mrs Oduah claimed she was awarded a doctorate in Business Administration 1998.

The Hope University official also explained that the institution, even when it was known as Pacific Christian College, had never had a campus in Glendale. She said the university was based in Long Beach city at the time.

“We do not have any records of any candidate by the name Stella Oduah or related names,” Ms. Delarosa said, after pouring through the university record. “Whether now that we are Hope University and in the past when we were Pacific Christian College, we did not give any such person a degree here.”

This newspaper had Wednesday reported that the aviation minister lied on oath to the Nigerian Senate, by claiming that a Pacific Christian University awarded her an honorary doctorate degree in 1998.

Mrs. Oduah had made the claim in a 7-page resume she distributed to Nigeria’s 109 senators during her confirmation hearing on July 2, 2011.

On page four of the document, the minister claimed the university, which she said was based in Glendale, awarded her an honorary doctorate in Business Administration.
Download the resume Minister Stella Oduah submitted to the senate here.

It was based on this document that she was grilled and eventually confirmed by the lawmakers.

But investigations by PREMIUM TIMES had determined Wednesday that no university called Pacific Christian University existed in the United States.

The U.S. Department of Education, through its National Centre for Education Statistics, keeps an up-to-date database of all public libraries and educational institutions in the country – public, private and colleges.

PREMIUM TIMES reporters spent hours on Wednesday searching this database.

Our reporters searched by state (California), city (Glendale) and name of institution (Pacific Christian University). Y

et, nothing came up in the name of the university Mrs. Oduah claimed gave her an honorary doctorate.

According to the database, there are six colleges (universities) in Glendale, a city of 191,719 inhabitants in Los Angeles County, in the state of California.

The colleges are American Medical Sciences Centre, Brand College, Glendale Career College, Glendale Community and North-West College.

There is no such university known as Christian Pacific College as claimed by the minister.

Efforts by PREMIUM TIMES to get the spokespersons for the minister to comment for this story were unsuccessful.
Joe Obi, her special assistant on media, did not answer or return calls.

Yakubu Datti, the spokesperson of the aviation agencies, who usually speak for her, answered our call but immediately said he would call back. He is yet to do so as at the time of publishing this.

Mrs. Oduah, and her associates have been cleaning up the minister’s biographies on the Internet, following allegations that she lied about her academic qualifications.

The minister claimed she got Bachelor and Masters degrees from St. Paul’s College.

But after it became clear she might not have earned a Masters from that university, Mrs. Oduah edited her biography on the website of the Ministry of Aviation, with references to St. Paul’s College removed.

The Wikipedia page of the minister was also edited and it now has no reference to the university Mrs. Oduah attended. The last edit on the Wikipedia page was done at 14:41 p.m. Nigerian time Tuesday.

All links and reference materials on the Wikipedia page capable of linking the minister to the university were also deleted.

Even the minister’s personal website was reviewed to remove any reference to St. Paul’s College.
Mrs. Oduah had since October been enmeshed in a a N255 million armoured cars scandal in which she was accused of compelling an agency under her supervision, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, to buy her two exotic bullet cars at clearly inflated prices.

The purchase of the cars generated outrage for weeks because its cost was inflated, and it was neither listed in the government-approved budget nor did it comply with the Nigeria’s public procurement law.
The House of Representatives has since asked President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the minister but the president has failed to act.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Negation: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Alfa Seltzer:

Yes, you are.

Clap for yourself, you have figured out how to quote people!

Now try reasoning for yourself. Take your time, now.
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by ololo12: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
vivalavida:

Saboteur

Saboteur? Because I am not playing the tribalism card? I'd rather be a saboteur, than a tribalistic bigot, Mr La Vida

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by madnigerian: 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
Novelle: It looks like all weapons fashioned against Jonathan's government has been failing

first was OBJ's lies against GEJ's government
Second was Sanusi's lies against NNPC
Third was Sahara Reporters lies against Stella's CV

God will keep frustrating evil doers in Jesus Name! Amen!

So, Sanusi lied, eh?

And is there a school like Pacific Christian University, Glendale, Califrnia, where Stella got her PhD(Honorary)?

Prove that Sanusi or Sahara reporters lied, or apologise for being a bigot.

And stop taking the name of Christ in vain.Please.

Act like a Christian and stand for what is right please.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by vivalavida(m): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
ololo12:

Saboteur? Because I am not playing the tribalism card? I'd rather be a saboteur, than a tribalistic bigot, Mr La Vida
See Saint obi
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by bebechuks: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ihere mee kwa ha!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by bisi16(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
ckkris: For giving International status to Enugu Airport, the enemies of progress will still seek other futile ways to embarrass Stella, but ultimately making her more popular, and even larger than life.

Anumanu!
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by charminbenn: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nigeria is a country dat anytin goes.I am tired of complaining on political issues witout seeing d guilty persecuted.It has happened over n over n v lost appetite of politics here.An aviation minister caught for misuse of funds nw flew to brasil to do wat.mtchewwwww gud reedings .
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
omar22: Can someone tell me what the PHD Under Stella's represent or stand for and why was it missing from the education section

Honorary PhD is a degree of association, it has nothing to do with academics. In lame man examples;

If you're a dish washer and your employer likes the way you wash his dishes, he can honor you with an Honorary PhD in Catering and Hotel Management.

If you sell Atarodo at Mile 2 market and your customers like the way you attend to them, they can honor you with an honorary PhD in Business Administration.

If you're a public nuisance like agbameta, NL can decide to honor you with an honorary PhD in Thuggery and Hooliganism.

So now you know, it's a useless degree. it's not worth fighting for.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by teefem: 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
Make una free this woman abeg. Nobody holy pass
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by timoney(m): 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
I don't believe dat d reporter lied... What if d CV was edited? Dis is politics all Nigerians should open their eyes, ears, minds & brains. Any thing can be manipulated.
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by madnigerian: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
rudedough:

Honorary PhD is a degree of association, it has nothing to do with academics. In lame man examples;

If you're a dish washer and your employer likes the way you wash his dishes, he can honor you with an Honorary PhD in Catering and Hotel Management.

If you sell Atarodo at Mile 2 market and your customers like the way you attend to them, they can honor you an honorary PhD in Business Administration.

If you're a public nuisance like agbameta, NL can decide to honor him with an honorary PhD in Thuggery and Hooliganism.

Except that the honorary PhD of Stella Oduah is from a fake University......'Pacific Christian University, Glendale, California'...which does not exist, and has never existed.(and it is not Azusa Pacific Uni).
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
seangy4konji: you must be stupid to believe that photo...So that what her photo when she dropped the CV?Ole oshi

Take the real one... No vex

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2014/01/Princess-Stella-Oduah-CV-.pdf
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by SolidMoney: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
ololo12:

A little assignment for you nwanne. Compare and contrast and then tell me whose the Johnny just come between me and you.

Posts That I Have Liked

Quit this tribalism ish. We don't need it bro. What happened to living together and co-existing in peace as brothers and sisters. It's suppose to Nigerian first, before whatever tribe. But the reserve is the case. I am not for Tribalism bro. Enuf said.Nwoke just take a look at shymex posts on this thread and judge.

Nwoke take a look at shymex posts on this thread and judge him yourself.
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by rastamouse: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
Tribalism will kill Nigeria in less than 5 years
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
mad nigerian:

Except that the honorary PhD of Stella Oduah is from a fake University......'Pacific Christian University'...which does not exist, and has never existed.

Pacific Christian University is now Hope International University.

"Hope International University was founded in 1928 as Pacific Bible Seminary, and in 1963 was renamed Pacific Christian College following the move to Long Beach, California. In 1997 they achieved university status and took the corporate name of Hope International University."

Here, educate yourself; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_International_University
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Layiwoo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
rudedough:

If you sell Atarodo at Mile 2 market and your customers like the way you attend to them, they can honor you an honorary PhD in Business Administration.

If you're a public nuisance like agbameta, NL can decide to honor him with an honorary PhD in Thuggery and Hooliganism.
grin grin grin that got me laughing....at coloured
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by madnigerian: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
rudedough:

"Hope International University was founded in 1928 as Pacific Bible Seminary, and in 1963 was renamed Pacific Christian College following the move to Long Beach, California. In 1997 they achieved university status and took the corporate name of Hope International University."

Here, educate yourself; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_International_University

But Stella got her PhD IN 1998.and according to you the Pacific Christian College changed its name in 1997....and the CV speciffically says 'Pacific Christian Univerisity, Glendale California'...while Hope University is in Fullerton , California.

Sorry, but you fail here.

Stella's PhD was probably from a diploma mill.....not a proper school.

See here....[url]http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-education-department-california-based-university-confirm-stella-oduah%E2%80%99s-honorary-phd-fa[/url]

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by rastamouse: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
rudedough:

Pacific Christian University is not the same as Pacific Christian College And besides Colleges do not award academic degrees without affiliation reference
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
mad nigerian:

Except that the honorary PhD of Stella Oduah is from a fake University......'Pacific Christian University, Glendale, California'...which does not exist, and has never existed.(and it is not Azusa Pacific Uni).

Pacific Christian University is actually Hope International University.
The Name was changed sometime in the history of the Institution.
Ask google please.
Re: Stella Oduah's CV Released By Senate by ichidodo: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
ololo12:

Posts That I Have Liked

Quit this tribalism ish. We don't need it bro. What happened to living together and co-existing in peace as brothers and sisters. It's suppose to Nigerian first, before whatever tribe. But the reserve is the case. I am not for Tribalism bro. Enuf said.

Sorry,but that ship has since left the port, you might as well tag along on a deluxe cruise up sh*t creek with yah superhero Shymexxlion.Nuff said

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

IPOB Clashes With Soldiers At Isigate, Umuahia... Happening Now / Aisha Buhari: A New Type Of First Lady In Nigeria?-AFP / Mohammed Gudaji Kazaure Shoots Himself, Flown To Dubai (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.