Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,403 members, 7,861,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here - Romance (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here (78873 Views)

Nairalanders Share Your Valentine Pictures / What Would You Do If Your Blind Date Showed Up Looking Like This? / How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Goldenboy007(m): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hmmm funny thread, I actually read from the first page to the last. Like someone said some stories here are true and hilarious but some are figments of some psycho's wild dreams! However its fair I share some too...
When boys were still wild and adventurous ..then blackberry/bbm was new in Nigeria, we were the MTN switch boiz then..notorious with girls! And BBM was our hunting ground! There was a time a colleague was boasting to the whole office of his new catch, and she would be coming to the office to see him before they go out for lunch! So the time came o and suddenly we saw the guy run from the reception into office area begging one of the guys that there is a blind date waiting for him in the reception, he said we should tell the girl he had been transfered to Abuja office ! Ol'boy na so all the boiz rushed to the reception to stylishly look at his "damsel" ! Walahi we were rolling in corridor with laughter ! This girl was black and short with tribal marks, scruffy blouse with jeans that looks like it had not seen water and soap in decades! she had this fake thick dreadlocks wig that made her look like an upside down cleaning mop! And the girl brought her "overnight adventure" extra clothing's wrapped in a black polythene bag expecting a good time with an MTN big boy !!! Walahi the guy's reputation was forever tarnished until I left MTN!

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by drnoel: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
All people insulting those innocent ladies should be very careful. Its not their fault that they are the way they are, abi no be God create them. So the lady was not as u expected so what, its either u go with her or u don't. Pls make una respect our naija sister, ugly, fine or not, respect everyone like u would want to be respected.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Goldenboy007(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hmmmmm, plenty story o
There was one blind date then o, I was meant to pick her from her bus stop. We were meant to go for lunch, shopping and movie! Hmmmmm, when I saw her Kai! I knew this is gonna be a disaster ! Pictures and voice can be deceiving! She looked like my grandmother in high heels ! I almost zoomed off! Kai I reevaluated all my plans to minimize my financial loss ! First she claimed she is a vegetarian but ordered everything that had meat in it in fact she hated veggie salad! She bought everything the eatery put on sale so I sat down and watched her eat ! To finish the food sef na wahala ! Then shop rite just opened in Lekki and she claimed she had been shopping there for years ! The first mistake that betrayed her was when she wanted to enter the mall through the cashier's exit ! I had to pull her back! That was when I just formed one urgent call from the office o, dropped her in her house and ran for my dear life !

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Goldenboy007(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
drnoel: All people insulting those innocent ladies should be very careful. Its not their fault that they are the way they are, abi no be God create them. So the lady was not as u expected so what, its either u go with her or u don't. Pls make una respect our naija sister, ugly, fine or not, respect everyone like u would want to be respected.

It goes both ways my brother ! The girls too have dissed the ugly guys ! At that time if I jam chic that I know hard pass me, I don't decieve myself o! I go "ex" myself before she "ex'ed" me ! As they say - Sabi yourself no be abuse ! grin grin grin ! Out of all the types of chics, Port Harcourt chic's are the strangest ! They don't waste time with their money demand o ! There was one we have not settled for 10 minutes to talk o she started crying that her sister had been arrested by her debtors because she owed N150k ! Walahi I weak ! I thought i was in home video set up o ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin ! As Lagos boy me sef opened up o! Told her straight to stop it if na play o ! Kai ! Girls! They are such wonderful God's creation !

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
Goldenboy007:

It goes both ways my brother ! The girls too have dissed the ugly guys ! At that time if I jam chic that I know hard pass me, I don't decieve myself o! I go "ex" myself before she "ex'ed" me ! As they say - Sabi yourself no be abuse ! grin grin grin ! Out of all the types of chics, Port Harcourt chic's are the strangest ! They don't waste time with their money demand o ! There was one we have not settled for 10 minutes to talk o she started crying that her sister had been arrested by her debtors because she owed N150k ! Walahi I weak ! I thought i was in home video set up o ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin ! As Lagos boy me sef opened up o! Told her straight to stop it if na play o ! Kai ! Girls! They are such wonderful God's creation !
lol infact one ilaro poly babe told me she's broke a saturday morning , I asked Y; she said she just paid her school fees that morning ....... Mogbe saturday morning keh.. But she eventually came to abk, she was ok though , omo the babe came with her overnight luggages but ......housemates no allow her rest as boys get konji during the ASUU strike , na so my date pick race say she no dey sleep over again , I sort her tfare but believe me , e pain me inside bone !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Therock5555: yeah so I see, no yawa, make una flow wella
lolz, ya head dey Der. *winks*

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
adedeji65: abit boring aswell , but music is helping out ...try spice it up dear
would probably watch a movie.
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ego2: would probably watch a movie.
haba since morning lol......guess u weren't bored afterall
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
adedeji65: haba since morning lol......guess u weren't bored afterall
lolz, dat was den, out wif my sis.
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ego2: lolz, dat was den, out wif my sis.
try and reply or whatsapp
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Therock5555(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ego2: lolz, ya head dey Der. *winks*
grin grin

Pls are u on BBM?
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Therock5555(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
Goldenboy007:

chio grin grin u for tell d babe, deris God oooo
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Therock5555(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
drnoel: All people insulting those innocent ladies should be very careful. Its not their fault that they are the way they are, abi no be God create them. So the lady was not as u expected so what, its either u go with her or u don't. Pls make una respect our naija sister, ugly, fine or not, respect everyone like u would want to be respected.
oboy let's get facts straight here, nobody would call anybody ugly if they are not. Ever since smart fones came out, our girls faces have not remain the same again, I saw one of my ex-classmate's pix on FB, the girl fair gan, I was almost tempted to scope her before we met, the babe still black same way I knew her before. So who should I get angry wit, her or her phone.

Every guy has mental fantasies, we associate fine voice with fine face, babe suppose talk plain, like if I say, "babe ur voice fine o" and she replies me "naso bros, maybe that's y God no make me fine"

I swear to u, that dude would respect that babe if he chooses to meet her, its just the matter of opening up, most of our ladies are not open, dem too like pretending.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Therock5555: grin grin

Pls are u on BBM?
nah whatsapp, besides y r u asking u won dash mi money ni:p

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
adedeji65: try and reply or whatsapp
doin dat smiley
adedeji65: try and reply or whatsapp
doin dat

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Evasmillingguy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
W H A T !!!
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by tosyne2much(m): 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Therock5555: oboy let's get facts straight here, nobody would call anybody ugly if they are not. Ever since smart fones came out, our girls faces have not remain the same again, I saw one of my ex-classmate's pix on FB, the girl fair gan, I was almost tempted to scope her before we met, the babe still black same way I knew her before. So who should I get angry wit, her or her phone.

Every guy has mental fantasies, we associate fine voice with fine face, babe suppose talk plain, like if I say, "babe ur voice fine o" and she replies me "naso bros, maybe that's y God no make me fine"

I swear to u, that dude would respect that babe if he chooses to meet her, its just the matter of opening up, most of our ladies are not open, dem too like pretending.

Thanks
thanks jawe my broda....u av said it all... Despite my good body structure and my height, I stl jokingly tell my online crush dat am very ugly and very short and dat wen dey get to see me, dey shldnt be disappointed.... Remembered a time lik dat I told a lady I was very very short... She was expectantly waiting for a short guy at d bus stop bt wen she eventually saw me, she was so shocked.. Na our grls dey f.uck up jooooooor.... Most times wen I compliment my online crush on their romantic voice, dey ofen tell me dey ar not as pretty as I think.... I wld also be disappointed if u sound or look lik Celine Dion on the fone or BBM and u look lik Mr. Ibu in real life

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ego2: doin dat smiley doin dat
yehhh ur really making my night :cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by AfricanApple(f): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Creamish:

WE NEED PROOF!!!

CC: DRE11 grin
dre11, u don show dem?
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by dre11(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
AfricanApple: dre11, u don show dem?

nope

they are just assuminggrin
so u show upcheesy

kia women sha
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Therock5555(m): 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
tosyne2much: thanks jawe my broda....u av said it all... Despite my good body structure and my height, I stl jokingly tell my online crush dat am very ugly and very short and dat wen dey get to see me, dey shldnt be disappointed.... Remembered a time lik dat I told a lady I was very very short... She was expectantly waiting for a short guy at d bus stop bt wen she eventually saw me, she was so shocked.. Na our grls dey f.uck up jooooooor.... Most times wen I compliment my online crush on their romantic voice, dey ofen tell me dey ar not as pretty as I think.... I wld also be disappointed if u sound or look lik Celine Dion on the fone or BBM and u look lik Mr. Ibu in real life
gbam 1 million likes for u mehn

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Therock5555(m): 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ego2: nah whatsapp, besides y r u asking u won dash mi money ni:p
add me up on watsapp, just want us to be friends, for now, u seem like a good talker

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by drnoel: 8:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Well said ma broda but on anoda hand my irritation is not with u guys but with some of our pals. Yea girls diss guys too, that one I sabi wella cos have been in such situation too. I remember some years way back before I wedded. I remember some of my pals then telling me about one beauty like that that tgey said would suite me since I bin dey find gf then. I had had a long list of callers but nothing steady, I was trying to remove my playings boots but the ladies no allow me. I kept meeting girls that just wanted to have fun. So some of my pals, a couple set me up on a blind date, a foursome with them. They had told me the girl was very choosy and had rejected all the guys they had set up. They told me she was looking 4 a hunk to which I didnt fit in though but I wasnt a write off in that aspect. I had arrived with the couple and got talking after ordering drinks and as we were there the so called beauty arrived andmy jaw dropped. She was as fat as a slob. I so vexed for my pals for wasting my time, I was also mad at the stereotyped notion that Caucasians have that africans like fat women. Come see as the fat lady put me for litmus test, just dey fire questions like say she be tyra banks. Anyway I just held my peace till we left her. When we got out of the resturant, my pals told me she liked me and was dying to meet me again. I just warned them off with really bad language, told them I liked mygirls slim and that I was disappointed with their taste. I didnt insult the lady, she called me a couple of times and tried to build some kind of friendship but lost interest when I told her I wasnt going to date her.
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Creamish(f): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2014
AfricanApple: dre11, u don show dem?

d bros is juss dulling us jor...im almost not interested anymore.. tongue
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Acidosis(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2014
Goldenboy007:

You get conscience sha. Next time just say "Ehyaa", and move on.
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by richard69(m): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2014
Saraben: Naaaa dats ma dad's name
ok ma!
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Therock5555(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
drnoel:
Well said ma broda but on anoda hand my irritation is not with u guys but with some of our pals. Yea girls diss guys too, that one I sabi wella cos have been in such situation too. I remember some years way back before I wedded. I remember some of my pals then telling me about one beauty like that that tgey said would suite me since I bin dey find gf then. I had had a long list of callers but nothing steady, I was trying to remove my playings boots but the ladies no allow me. I kept meeting girls that just wanted to have fun. So some of my pals, a couple set me up on a blind date, a foursome with them. They had told me the girl was very choosy and had rejected all the guys they had set up. They told me she was looking 4 a hunk to which I didnt fit in though but I wasnt a write off in that aspect. I had arrived with the couple and got talking after ordering drinks and as we were there the so called beauty arrived andmy jaw dropped. She was as fat as a slob. I so vexed for my pals for wasting my time, I was also mad at the stereotyped notion that Caucasians have that africans like fat women. Come see as the fat lady put me for litmus test, just dey fire questions like say she be tyra banks. Anyway I just held my peace till we left her. When we got out of the resturant, my pals told me she liked me and was dying to meet me again. I just warned them off with really bad language, told them I liked mygirls slim and that I was disappointed with their taste. I didnt insult the lady, she called me a couple of times and tried to build some kind of friendship but lost interest when I told her I wasnt going to date her.
lol it seems her dad is rich sha, me too I like my babes moderate
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by odzey(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
[/color][color=#990000]
Woah. I had so much fun and laughs reading through all the pages of this thread. I almost didn't want to comment initially but I think doing that won't be a bad idea. I just hope my comment is not coming in late.
Well, I have seen it all. The good, the bad and the ugly. I've had quite a few blind dates; 2go, Eskimi, Facebook and most recently WeChat. On Nairaland, just one, I'm sure she would have read this thread, and she's been a very good friend of mine since we've known each other. In fact, she's actually my best friend, even though she probably doesn't know that yet. Thanks for always being there for me, S.
Back to my blind dates. I'm just gonna share the one I experienced recently. This happened some weeks back when I was in Abeokuta. I actually met her on WeChat, we've been chatting for some weeks, and she's pretty okay, at least I saw her pictures and she was exactly what I expected when I eventually met her. I wasn't disappointed at her apperance, the disappointment was at something else. On the day we were to meet, I called her and she gave me a description to drop at a particular eatery around Oke-Ilewo in Abeokuta, for those that are familiar with the Rock City. I gave her a call when I got there, waited for about 15 minutes before she showed up. On seeing her, she asked that we enter the eatery, we were still having a little discussion before going in when I heard voices behind me, nd lo and behold, I looked back and saw two of her friends. I just smiled. She introduced me to them and then said we should go in. I simply playfully told her that we should do this later in d evenin that I had to go and pick ma brother from his school and that I wasn't having much cash on me, even though there was an ATM machine beside the eatery. Just had to make up an excuse so as to escape her "mission-to-chop-ma-money". As I was about leaving, one of her friends then called me back and said hope I wasn't angry that I couldn't even tell her that I was leaving already, In my mind, I was like "wetin concern me with u, na me bring u cum here" but I just politely told her that I had things to do that I'm gonna call her friend later in the evening nd re-schedule another meeting. The look on her face as I was leaving made me to realize that she knew already that she won't be seeing or hearing from me again and I didn't disappoint her.
Let me just stop here, the others will have to be a story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Therock5555: add me up on watsapp, just want us to be friends, for now, u seem like a good talker
send a pm too mi wif ur number
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ego2(f): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
adedeji65: yehhh ur really making my night :cheesy
c ur teeth * smiles*
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Ego2: c ur teeth * smiles*
*kisses*
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by tosyne2much(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
odzey: [/color][color=#990000]
Woah. I had so much fun and laughs reading through all the pages of this thread. I almost didn't want to comment initially but I think doing that won't be a bad idea. I just hope my comment is not coming in late.
Well, I have seen it all. The good, the bad and the ugly. I've had quite a few blind dates; 2go, Eskimi, Facebook and most recently WeChat. On Nairaland, just one, I'm sure she would have read this thread, and she's been a very good friend of mine since we've known each other. In fact, she's actually my best friend, even though she probably doesn't know that yet. Thanks for always being there for me, S.
Back to my blind dates. I'm just gonna share the one I experienced recently. This happened some weeks back when I was in Abeokuta. I actually met her on WeChat, we've been chatting for some weeks, and she's pretty okay, at least I saw her pictures and she was exactly what I expected when I eventually met her. I wasn't disappointed at her apperance, the disappointment was at something else. On the day we were to meet, I called her and she gave me a description to drop at a particular eatery around Oke-Ilewo in Abeokuta, for those that are familiar with the Rock City. I gave her a call when I got there, waited for about 15 minutes before she showed up. On seeing her, she asked that we enter the eatery, we were still having a little discussion before going in when I heard voices behind me, nd lo and behold, I looked back and saw two of her friends. I just smiled. She introduced me to them and then said we should go in. I simply playfully told her that we should do this later in d evenin that I had to go and pick ma brother from his school and that I wasn't having much cash on me, even though there was an ATM machine beside the eatery. Just had to make up an excuse so as to escape her "mission-to-chop-ma-money". As I was about leaving, one of her friends then called me back and said hope I wasn't angry that I couldn't even tell her that I was leaving already, In my mind, I was like "wetin concern me with u, na me bring u cum here" but I just politely told her that I had things to do that I'm gonna call her friend later in the evening nd re-schedule another meeting. The look on her face as I was leaving made me to realize that she knew already that she won't be seeing or hearing from me again and I didn't disappoint her.
Let me just stop here, the others will have to be a story for another day.
Broda nice walkaway jawe... Dey ar gluttons

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (40) (Reply)

The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / Brother Who Married Fiancée Of Murdered Air Force Officer Speaks (pics) / Guys Killer Curve Or Beautiful Face????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.