Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (640092 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Xavfra:

Thanks for caring....

I'm good where I am...

Hope you are good as well

I am. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MycoleA(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2020
Guess Been an introvert is messing my life up, or something else?...

I'm always busy without doing anything wow!, I barely make new friends and the old pals I have thinks I don't value relationship like I cut everyone off like a wig. I love reading books but can't construct a good sentence, it even became worst when I got admission into the uni.. and couldn't pay my School fees.

It took me a year and half to determine my next plan in life wallowing in self pity, I guess I fell in love with my bed. Finally I took a bold step to learn an electrical skills. Did a year in construction site learning, still I couldn't persevere cause I kept on telling myself, this is not the right job for me.
All I wanted in life is to be my own boss, have a lovely family and help humanity in a little way I can. Am I really asking asking for too much?

I didn't complete learning the electrical skills after wasting one year learning, funny isn't it?
I went back to square one again, still in love with my bed. Time is running out, I had to get back to my day one job. Oh I forgot to add I have a little knowledge in photography and graphic design, but I think I'm not creative enough.

Now I'm working as a(photo) editor earning stipend in a new neighborhood, after I broke up with my bed.

One year and I don't have any relationship or friend always indoor, no social life whatsoever.. I will be 24 this year and I can't still find my life purpose, ah! that's damn painful. I guess I'm waiting for nature to put things in place......

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
No, you don't have to wait for nature or anyone to put things in place. These "things" you want to put in place are your things. It is your life and you will live it whichever way it turns out. So, take charge of things, change those things you think are hindering or limiting and them leave nature and circumstances to assist and probably, judge fairly.

If you ask me, I don't think introversion is what glues you to your bed, makes lethargic and probably redundant. It is you - Your mind frame. What more, I think (notice) you are the type that expects quick outcome for Whatever little step or effort you make. Once you can't achieve what you set out to achieve within your time frame, you give up, consider yourself unfit for you or it for you. This isn't introverted related problem. I actually don't think it is. Anybody, introvert or extrovert can be faced with that.

You actually can judge what is good for you until you try or what you are good at until you try and fail over, over and over again. The man that draws, paints, teaches, speaks writes and do whatever is doable doesn't become expert at it in just a blink of an eye. He must have had stories of unyielding attempts. Forget that you cannot write, you just did and enjoy reading what you wrote. so what's there to rightoff the fact that you can write and be perfect at it.

You are 24, you are still quite young. You have ample and enough time to achieve your purposes in life. Wait not for nature or anybody, scheme your plan, try it out, perspires and exercise ENOUGH patience.
All the best, sir.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
MycoleA:

I'm always busy without doing anything wow!, I barely make new friends and the old pals I have thinks I don't value relationship like I cut everyone off like a wig. I love reading books but can't construct a good sentence, it even became worst when I got admission into the uni.. and couldn't pay my School fees.

It took me a year and half to determine my next plan in life wallowing in self pity, I guess I fell in love with my bed. Finally I took a bold step to learn an electrical skills. Did a year in construction site learning, still I couldn't persevere cause I kept on telling myself, this is not the right job for me.
All I wanted in life is to be my own boss, have a lovely family and help humanity in a little way I can. Am I really asking asking for too much?

I didn't complete learning the electrical skills after wasting one year learning, funny isn't it?
I went back to square one again, still in love with my bed. Time is running out, I had to get back to my day one job. Oh I forgot to add I have a little knowledge in photography and graphic design, but I think I'm not creative enough.

Now I'm working as a(photo) editor earning stipend in a new neighborhood, after I broke up with my bed.

One year and I don't have any relationship or friend always indoor, no social life whatsoever.. I will be 24 this year and I can't still find my life purpose, ah! that's damn painful. I guess I'm waiting for nature to put things in place......
No, you don't have to wait for nature or anyone to
put things in place for you. These "things" you want to put
in place are your things. It is your life and you will
live it whichever way it turns out. So, take charge of
things, change those things you think are hindering
or limiting you and then leave nature and circumstances
to assist and probably, judge fairly.
If you ask me, I don't think introversion is what
glues you to your bed, makes you lethargic and
probably redundant. It is you - Your mind frame.
What more, I think (notice) you are the type that
expects quick outcome for Whatever little step or
effort you make. Once you can't achieve what you
set out to achieve within your time frame, you give
up, consider yourself unfit for the job or it unfit for you. This
isn't introverted related problem. I actually don't
think it is. Anybody, introvert or extrovert can be
faced with that.
You actually can't judge what is goof for you or what you are good at until you try and fail
over, over and over again. The man that draws,
paints, teaches, speaks writes and do whatever is
doable doesn't become expert at it in just a blink of
an eye. He must have had stories of unyielding
attempts. Forget that you cannot write, you just did I
and enjoy reading what you wrote. so what's there
to rightoff the fact that you can write and be perfect
at it.
You are 24, you are still quite young. You have
ample and enough time to achieve your purposes in
life. Wait not for nature or anybody, scheme your
plan, try it out, perspires and exercise ENOUGH
patience.
All the best, sir.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MycoleA(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
@babtoundey Thanks sir, I appreciate.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
MycoleA:

Sometimes, it's difficult to make choices when there is many of them. Most of these skills require time before one attains perfection. Why not spend a little more time on a skill rather than changing skills at every little opportunity.
I think the problem here is indecision, and not introversion as you have claimed.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mhizfateemah(f): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
MycoleA:

y don't you try network marketing and read books on it,it will boost your moral and give you strength and like you but I decided to try it so I can earn because my bed won't give me food..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
daniddan1999:
I just moved into the hostel off campus as a fresher and i don't associate with other students living here in fact i love being alone seems some people are complaining already i don't come out, i don't move with crowd and i don't know what to do now.
They'll complain dear, it's always like that, even if u're not in school environment, some people (extroverts) believe that everyone sud be like them and will always complain.

But u know what? That's their problem not urs.

I used to be in ur shoes during my school days and even wen some of them almost said it to my face that I'm proud, this and that, i didn't let it bother me. I always see it as their problem not mine. Most of them later got to know that' s me.

I still encounter the same with some people till now..Ensure u greet everyone around u, if they have opportunity to engage in conversation with you, talk and be nice with them. it's not a must u socialize.

Just see it as their problem and u'll be fine. Don't allow anyone to make u feel guilty, u don't just belong to their realm.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Diamond23(f): 1:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Olarewajub:
Introvert comes from Latin intro- , "inward," and vertere , "turning." It describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally. Introverts sometimes avoid large groups of people, feeling more energized by time alone.
Introversion is at its root a type of temperament. It is not the same as shyness or having a withdrawn personality, and it is not pathological. It is also not something you can change. But you can learn to work with it, not against it.

Introvert Facts

• 75 percent of the world is extroverted.

• Being introverted affects all areas of your life.

• Nothing is wrong with you.

• Introverts feel drained and overstimulated.

• Being introverted is something to be celebrated.

Common Introversion Traits

Introversion is marked by a number of sub-traits:

1. Very self-aware

2. Thoughtful

3. Enjoys understanding details

4. Interested in self-knowledge and self-understanding

5. Tends to keep emotions private

6. Quiet and reserved in large groups or around unfamiliar people

7. More sociable and gregarious around people they know well

8. Learns well through observation.

Introverts Library

1. Quiet by Susan Cain

2. Success as an Introvert for Dummies by Joan Pastor

3. Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe, PhD

4. Introverts in Love by Sophia Dembling

5. The Awakened Introvert by Arnie Kozak

6. The Irresistible Introvert by Michaela Chung

7. Quiet Influence by Jennifer B. Kahnweiler, PhD

8. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney, Psy.D.

9. The Introvert Entrepreneur by Beth Buelow

10. Quiet Power: The Secret Strength of Introverted Kids by Susan Cain

11. Introvert Doodles by Maureen “Marzi” Wilson

Quiet people are often found to have profound insights.
The shallow water in a brook or river runs fast:
The deep water seems calmer.

—JAMES ROGERS

Are you an introvert? If yes, this is definitely the place to be.
What are your challenges as an introvert and are you happy about your introversion?

P.S=> Extrovert- Keep Off.

Welcome to Nairaland Introverts Lounge

smiley wink cheesy shocked I
Chaii
Thought I was alone on this buh now I know better.....
Proudly introvert cool

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JentuPrinz(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Introverts,pls put down ur book and check on ur extroverts friends.They are not okay.Now might be a gud time to show dem some love...From an appropriate distance of course.Wash ur hands,follow the science.#staysafe..

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chrismcdonald(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Can someone let me know about this guest posting site? https://www.completeconnection.ca/write-for-us/

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kceefresh19: 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Whatsapp me 08134656117, to add you to the Whatsapp group. Let's develop and connect better on the platform. Jah bless!

Add me up .. 08029922059
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chimasoka: 1:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by rhodman: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wow. So there is a thread like this.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 10:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
JentuPrinz:
Introverts,pls put down ur book and check on ur extroverts friends.They are not okay.Now might be a gud time to show dem some love...From an appropriate distance of course.Wash ur hands,follow the science.#staysafe..

That's issue with some of these guys. You read, read, read... For what?! It's more like saving without a purpose.

This thread encourages self pity. Imagine somebody thinking staying indoor for 72hrs is normal. Some of them won't even pick up calls if it's not from Daddy or Mummy.

This thread should be opened up to all especially extros.

A blind man cannot show another the way.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Juell(m): 8:39am On Apr 20, 2020
Karleb:

That's issue with some of these guys. You read, read, read... For what?! It's more like saving without a purpose.

This thread encourages self pity. Imagine somebody thinking staying indoor for 72hrs is normal. Some of them won't even pick up calls if it's not from Daddy or Mummy.

This thread should be opened up to all especially extros.

A blind man cannot show another the way.
Nah, u're not getting the purpose of this thread. Introverts need a place they can freely express themselves without being judged, with people who can understand and relate to what they're experiencing. And if u read through all the threads u'll see a lot of tips on how to improve on themselves. And reading books is the best investment anyone can do for themselves. Lastly, they're introverts cos that's how they are created, only people with understanding can relate with them, or let me with us.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by cherechipromise(m): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2020
As an introvert, it's painful when you're being misunderstood while you're sure accurate (in your idea, life,suggestions

.) cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Emeraldfynest(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
I don't know if you've noticed people tag some introverts proud and arrogant. I was chatting with someone yesterday and she said she has always wanted to chat me up but her friends said I'm proud, probabaly cos I mind my business in church, I just greet people and don't wait to talk after service like people do. Her view about me changed after the chat. People tend to call you proud cos you're quiet and reserved.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ftheophilous(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mr. Karleb, with all courtesy, please take yourself and your advice somewhere else. If you wished to contribute meaningfully to this thread, you would have seen that we are a little big family, airing our frustrations and trying to help one another in every little way we can. You coming here with your condescending and unhelpful words is why the OP wrote 'Extroverts Please Keep Off'.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
The title and purpose of the thread is not set at stones.

The purpose I believe you all are talking about is to help Introverts, rights?

To help them become more socially aware, isn't it?

The most sociable set of people I've met in my life are extroverts. The least sociable are the Introverts.

So why would an Introverts tell another how to be socially aware when he or she isn't?

It's just a blind man leading another thingy.

A lot of people come here to seek serious life problems but what do we have? A set of Introverts giving them text book solutions.

If you guys are not selfish and really care about others who are finding the Introverts thing difficult (like a guy above) then you'll open up the thread to extroverts.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ftheophilous:
Mr. Karleb, with all courtesy, please take yourself and your advice somewhere else. If you wished to contribute meaningfully to this thread, you would have seen that we are a little big family, airing our frustrations and trying to help one another in every little way we can. You coming here with your condescending and unhelpful words is why the OP wrote 'Extroverts Please Keep Off'.

Call me whatever you want but get this!

You guys are not a family and you're not like a family.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ftheophilous(m): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
I didn't call you anything Mr. Karleb rather you are the one likenening this family to the gathering of the blind.
That aside. Clearly, trading words with you will not add anything of value to the purpose of this thread as can be seen from your replies. Otherwise you would have known that extroverts do not intimately understand the pain and joy that comes with introversion. The best advice an introvert can ever come across is that from another introvert that has studied, understood, overcome and is able to manipulate the intracies of this seeming extrovert dominated world.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
You mean the same extroverts that have you guys as: parents, siblings, relatives, boyfriends, girlfriends, children, friends and so on can not intimately understand you? C'mon!

We see Introverts everyday and trust me, we truly want to help as social awareness is not rocket science but they don't open up.

Now these guys are where they can really open up, where they can seek for help and you guys are separating them from people who genuinely want to help just because they don't answer the same label as you?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ftheophilous(m): 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
As I said before. Trading words with you will not help fulfil the purpose of this thread because as can be inferred your assertions, it is visible that you haven't followed this thread as diligently as I have, and seen the totally life changing suggestions I have come across. Go read all previous posts, starting from page 1 till now, then reply me.
This is the last time I am contributing to your unecessary lenghtening of this thread with unhelpful posts.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2020
Karleb:
You mean the same extroverts that have you guys as: parents, siblings, relatives, boyfriends, girlfriends, children, friends and so on can not intimately understand you? C'mon!

We see Introverts everyday and trust me, we truly want to help as social awareness is not rocket science but they don't open up.

Now these guys are where they can really open up, where they can seek for help and you guys are separating them from people who genuinely want to help just because they don't answer the same label as you?

What are you helping them with? You want to help them stop being who they are? Is introversion a kind of disease of the brain or a tumor that disturbs the bearer and needs to be cured by your intrusion? That you are what you are; outgoing, sociable and garrulous or what have you doesn't make you an inch better than another who is not. Being extrovert doesn't exclude you from the challenges the introvert face and being introvert doesn't denied you the privileges extrovert enjoy. What counts is how you you can learn, master and manage your mental disposition to attain your targets.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Legacii: 11:07am On Apr 22, 2020
Karleb:

I'm soooo sorry to say this bro but you speak like a dumb person.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Legacii:

I'm soooo sorry to say this bro but you speak like a dumb person.

You are the dumb one here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Juell(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Karleb:

You are the dumb one here.
Bros the mistake most of u "extroverts" make is thinking there's something/everything wrong with being an introvert. Being judged for who you are is what turns most introverts off. I remember when I was a kid, I was most times quite, but my younger bro was the outspoken type. So, people like relating with him cos he's "outspoken". What I did then was to totally cut off from such people. I grew up not relating with most of my father's people. People made me felt like there's something wrong with me being quite, but when I came to accept who I am then I found my peace and don't bother to impress anyone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.