Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33922 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Rastamann: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Both of you should download the Magicjack app on your phone and you can make calls with it free of charge so long as there internet connection or wifi.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by lilprinze: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
400 per day in ten dayz datz 4000 money dat u cn use nd buy data plan 4 1 month nd chat wit her on what's app nd bbm morning to nyt
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Christmasdon: What has happened to mtn 12:30am.
So because of love you are advising the OP to endanger his health undecided

4 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by J0nyb0y(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Tannie: Bbm, whatsapp, Fb etc. Chat more and call less
exactly!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by mimi4eva1619: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
There is a sim card called (CUG ) meaning close user group on glo network, u buy the sim 2k and recharge 500 naira monthly. And talk as much as u want with only her alone and if u want to call another network or another number that is not in ur group u have to recharge. It is also called forcecom. Call me for details on how to get it. THAT IS IF UR INTERESTED. 08070779066

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
mimi4eva1619: There is a sim card called (CUG ) meaning close user group on glo network, u buy the sim 2k and recharge 500 naira monthly. And talk as much as u want with only her alone and if u want to call another network or another number that is not in ur group u have to recharge. It is also called forcecom. Call me for details on how to get it. THAT IS IF UR INTERESTED. 08070779066
Why must he call you? Are you a Glo staff?

10 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
So if it's not LDR what should we call that?

MDR: medium distance relationship undecided cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by oseiwe(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.
Skype, BBM voice/video calls, the best and cheapest for me.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by nwaka80(f): 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
shachris: distant relationship is a waste of time, when you are not there, just know that someone else us polishing that kongo!
join nairaland madhouse!
https://www.nairaland.com/1837446/nairaland-should-lunatic-section
it all depends on d people involved. I've been in such relationship 4 2yrs nw nd its wrkin perfectly well 4 us nd constant communication is wat hs been keepin us goin. @topic,a quality chat still does it. Chat most of d time nd call sme times 2 minimize cost. Gud luck

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
alutacontinua:

MDR: medium distance relationship undecided cheesy
cheesy grin you are very funny. That's still LDR

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by avalontony(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
bbm on java phone? cheesy
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
OP I'll advice you either buy internet bundle for a month and use bbm, skype, or viber(I am also in a long distance relationship and I use viber to talk and whatsApp for messages) or subscribe to VPN from glo, you pay monthly and you can talk for hours with no charge, just like POLCOM.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by cirmuell(m): 8:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
So if it's not LDR what should we call that?
local government relationship grin

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by kudoxs(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
You are working so I assume you are old enough to solve a simple problem such as this in your daily life, I bet when you get married you will come on here and be asking for advice on how to run your family. LAST BULLET: if you aren't buoyant enough for a long distance relationship, call it quit!

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by xp17(m): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
if I live in Abuja and girlfriend lives in Lagos, I'd not consider it LDR. i could pull some mileage once in fortnight or weekly.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by cirmuell(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rastamann: Both of you should download the Magicjack app on your phone and you can make calls with it free of charge so long as there internet connection or wifi.
that sir, is not the true definition of FREE!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by J0nyb0y(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
avalontony: bbm on java phone? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by cirmuell(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
kudoxs: You are working so I assume you are old enough to solve a simple problem such as this in your daily life, I bet when you get married you will come on here and be asking for advice on how to run your family. LAST BULLET: if you aren't buoyant enough for a long distance relationship, call it quit!
#word on marble.

He's probably a teen undecided

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
l am in a long distance relationship too,but luckily for me my man uses office line to call me for long.Besides wetin we won talk for hours wey we never talk before?

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by avalontony(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=J0nyb0y][/quote]

grin OK ooooo
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
kudoxs: You are working so I assume you are old enough to solve a simple problem such as this in your daily life, I bet when you get married you will come on here and be asking for advice on how to run your family. LAST BULLET: if you aren't buoyant enough for a long distance relationship, call it quit!
Whether short or long distance relationship,if the guy isn't financially Ok is a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
So because of love you are advising the OP to endanger his health undecided

hahahahahhahahhahahahhahhaha
lwkmhcheesy
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by watino: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
both of you should dowload viber for free call and skype or yahoo messenger for cam sex grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Adeboyefa(f): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks

Reduce your phone calls and communicate more via WhatsApp, BBM, Facebook, email,etc. WhatsApp is free for the 1st year and costs $0.99 per annum later. You can write a 4-page email for N10 or less.

Call each other briefly to confirm that the other person is alive and well, has seen your email/message,etc. Or you can call free between 12 am and 4 am on weekends ,when you won't have to wake up early to go to work.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
lynpetra: l am in a long distance relationship too,but luckily for me my man uses office line to call me for long.Besides wetin we won talk for hours wey we never talk before?
Na wa ooh...so your bobo will add more to company's overhead?

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
cheesy grin you are very funny. That's still LDR

lol
seriously, when I see people say I'm in a LDR, my mind doesn't think 1 hour flight distance, there are people who are in relationships and they're 2-day flight apart, 9 hour time difference, what should those people do? undecided
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 2tek: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
A friend recently introduced me to MTN goody bag and I'm enjoying it. There are two types goody bag: goody bag 1000(GB1000) which cost #1000 and goody bag 750(GB750) which costs #750.

SEND GB1000 to 131 for MTN GOODY BAG 1000 and get a total of 2600 airtime. NB: 1000 credit will b deposited in your goody bag main account and an extra 1600 credit deposited in your goody bag bonus account. For GB1000, the bonus of #1,600 credit lasts 14days.

SEND GB750 to 131 for MTN GOODY BAG 750 and get a total of 1950 airtime. NB: 750 credit will b deposited in your goody bag main account and an extra 1250 credit deposited in your goody bag bonus account. For GB750, the bonus #1,250 credit lasts 7days.

Both GB1000 and GB750 main account last for 90days.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by zolajpower: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.
use fb messanger,with a mb u can make calls @ cheaper rate both localy and internationaly.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Samabu07(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Make use of voice chat. Record and send. She listen n does the same n send back. Viola!!!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
alutacontinua:

lol
seriously, when I see people say I'm in a LDR, my mind doesn't think 1 hour flight distance, there are people who are in relationships and they're 2-day flight apart, 9 hour time difference, what should those people do? undecided
As far as am concern,Abuja to Lagos is a long distance relationship even same with Benin to Lagos. If it wasn't Long then both parties should reside in the same state and play their lovi-lovi. There are some relationships that can be classified as extra-extra long distance relationships just like from Australia to Nigeria grin grin

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by udemzyudex(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
create a schedule bro,i know you love your babe and always want to hear her voice instead of using whatsapp or bbm.

What i mean by creating a schedule is keeping days you can call,for example you can choose monday,thursday,saturday for calling..

Same thing apply to the whatsapp or bbm...

First you have to let her know this and understand why you're doing it so she won't get upset.

Calling everyday will make you run out of what to say (i maybe wrong).
Keeping a calling schedule will reduce cost,make you miss each other and make your relationship lively instead of being bored.

You can also use skype.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
UjSizzle: I'm sure Whatsapp's got voice note option. If it's just to hear her voice then use it grin

Alternatively you can leave the long calls for the weekend and chat during the week.
exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Hospitalized As Her Boyfriend Ditches Her To Marry Another / Meet The Beautiful Burn Survivor Who Proudly Flaunts Her Scars In Sexy Outfits / Edo Meets Ondo In Beautiful Pre-Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.