Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33916 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by ogawisdom(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Relationship experts, well done. Let it be known that if a girl will cheat, she'll do it even if it means doing it immediately she walks out of your door to hers. Likewise a guy. So if you police ur patner or thing face-to-face relationships works better than LDRs, then you're all joking.

People with cheating tendencies care less about proximity AND faithful lovers don't even bother about distance. So pls quit dissing [the] poor girl[s].
Can u also beat your chest that men are faithful in face-2-face relationships talk more of LDRs? Pls let's stick to the thread... how to make cheaper calls. smiley

Ve u ever heard d word probability, nobody is talkin abt cheatin we r talking abt d probability of LDR working out compare to close DR. D issues to deal wit in LDR is much higher n its probability of success much lower but dt doesn't mean it ll never work out. A wise man is d one who learn frm the experiences of others n nt his own experience.
My take
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Relationship experts, well done. Let it be known that if a girl will cheat, she'll do it even if it means doing it immediately she walks out of your door to hers. Likewise a guy. So if you police ur patner or thing face-to-face relationships works better than LDRs, then you're all joking.

People with cheating tendencies care less about proximity AND faithful lovers don't even bother about distance. So pls quit dissing [the] poor girl[s].
Can u also beat your chest that men are faithful in face-2-face relationships talk more of LDRs? Pls let's stick to the thread... how to make cheaper calls. smiley

well, dat was quite a hammer u landed on me there. Truth be told, LDR ane F2F or SDR, which of the two has the most tendency of a cheating partner? We all know that absence makes the hrt forgetful, and when the hrt bcoms forgetful, figure out d rest. Now bak 2 d thread, skype, whatsapp, bb, viber, there are many of them out there, u just have 2 choose which would be convenient 4 both of u, bt if u'll rly wanna hear d truth, i call this plan B. My first post stands as plan A, and we all know that plan A, let's just say is always the best.
NB: F2F and SDR means Face To Face and Short Distance Relationship respectively.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Sugardiva(f): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2014
LDRs are not easy but dont listen to those who say it wont work. Ur relationship is not theirs and so it will definitely have a different ending.

It can work especially as she is also committed to the relationship as is evident in the fact that she also calls u a lot. I understand how real time voice calls at all times can make u feel so close together that for a moment u forget the distance. Talking endlessly for hours over nothing and everything. Not getting satisfied untill u are both completely out of airtime or battery dies. Constant communication us the lifewire of LDR.

So ignore all the negativity on this thread and go get the glo CUG line and enjoy ur relationship. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by xest(m): 10:16am On Aug 01, 2014
My friend get a glo cug for ursef n ur girl,d recharge is 1000 each per month. In ds plan calls r free n u dnt hv to recharge until d following month. Try it,is more cheaper than buying card of 400 every day.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by coolvitus(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Don't start wht u cannot handle pls becoz love no get bass
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 01, 2014
tunde1200:

And by doing that can cause him problems one day. You will be sorry for him when he gets queries.

He is not in a postion to be queried.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2014
i totally understand with you.
let me answer the question first.

i, also in a similar situation, use globacom's 3 naira per minute. though as at now, i believe its turned to 5 naira per minutes.

even as at that, we use viber very very well. just make sure you load her data plan with at least one gb. also make sure the network connection is good. research on good networks in your area and hers.

i, as well, cannot compromise the level of comm between me and my woman. if she does not talk to me in a day, she gets soo sad and its been a relationship of one year plus now

i see people talking about CUG. is it applicable to just two people or only for companies? i guess i will have to find out
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
ogawisdom:

Ve u ever heard d word probability, nobody is talkin abt cheatin we r talking abt d probability of LDR working out compare to close DR. D issues to deal wit in LDR is much higher n its probability of success much lower but dt doesn't mean it ll never work out. A wise man is d one who learn frm the experiences of others n nt his own experience.
My take

I quoted two of you (with ashonibarenla)... cheating came into the matter as hour mentioned straffing some other person's real deal.
Yes there's more to deal with in LDR but I'm sure Ppl who do it are also willing to deal with the issues to the best of their abilities and if it doesn't work out at the end, they'll beat their chests that they tried their best, and move on. F2F relationship is no bulletproof for this same issues. In fact, it's even more painful to know that some F2F crashes becos some people for example, dunno how to respect their partner's "me-time".
So people who wanna respect others' "me - times" while wanting same, last longer in LDRs and are completely honest in it.

So pls let's suggest cost effective ways of communicating for op. smiley
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by GamaG(m): 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
MockingBird: Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.
make free night calls n u will only say hello to her in daytime.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Celenawora: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
[quote
author=fem30]Well, I don't subscribe to anything distant. Not even long
distance bizness. My experience has shown that while some dude
somewhere is doing all the lovey-dovey, I am the one servicing and
greasing her engine full time. I am not talking of one,two or even three
cases; neither am I referring to distant relationships were the lady is
in nigeria alone, I am talking uk, US and Germany. The guys are doing
the calling, I am doing the strafing. The guys sometimes even call when
we are at it. Most of them picks the calls, feign sleep, headache or
busy.
It is pathetic. My advise is for you to have a relationship where u can
see your partner regularly. The European and American winters sometimes,
increase the longings of the women. To be forewarned is to be
fore-armed.[/quote] and how has this beta ur lif? go get a lif dude n b a man.

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by jennylove7575(f): 12:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Slimmos: Op since u are desperate to keep talking and u don't wanna chat and yet u are complaining of recharge cards, d best for you is to do night calls...
moses moses aka slimmos please I take God beg u.. You and your father should give me my money...plot of land I know see, money una carry go..u came to nl. Acting all innocent. My God is not asleep. Slimmos please refund my money..you and ur 419 father should refund my money. I did not pick the £6000 ffrom the street of London....you think u can eat money? Think again. I contacted your ashewo mama yesterday she said she haven't seen you nor your dad for long...keep your fake land I don't want it anymore just refund my money...barawo banza
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Blov: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
u can make use of post paid or contract line, in which u will b charge between N500 per month to call and text unlimited i.e 24/7 every month between numbers that are within your circle. Inbox me for more info.......
That is what I'm using with my partner.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by OBONGDON(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
same shoe
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
MztrChukwu: Walk into any network service provider and request for a CUG line... last I checked, glo offered me a CUG line to my fiancee and it only costs 1k per month. Trust me, I'm talkin 24/7 calls
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
mackmanuel:
get etisalat sim ,load #200 and your recharge will be doubled ..u can call any network with it... Then migrate to easylife 4.0 ,15kobo per second ..
So now u can talk
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
igbsam: My brother, Install Viber on your phone and have your chic install also, Load N200, subscribe for 50MB MTN data, place a viber call which is very very clear and talk for over 2hrs. This is what's been helping me. With N200 i dey talk until i tire to talk. Mind you, this does not include video calls o! If na video calls i wan do, i dey always use my normal 4G Swift network.

In this age of Viber, Skype and BBM Voice Calls does it better. Loading Airtime for calls should almost be fading out. Data calls are way cheaper. Even with Edge, viber calls are very clear.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
mimi4eva1619: There is a sim card called (CUG ) meaning close user group on glo network, u buy the sim 2k and recharge 500 naira monthly. And talk as much as u want with only her alone and if u want to call another network or another number that is not in ur group u have to recharge. It is also called forcecom. Call me for details on how to get it. THAT IS IF UR INTERESTED. 08070779066
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
watino: both of you should dowload viber for free call and skype or yahoo messenger for cam sex grin grin grin
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by henchez7(m): 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
Both of you should download viber and Skype, as well as Facebook calls. its cheaper. good luck!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
tidymaster: Get Visafone CUG there is the campus package. buy from any participating campus and register it there..then you are good to go. that's what I use. N500 for each line every month.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bobojoshua(m): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
Princenady: since u need a very cheap means for local calls, i will advice u to go for glo cug. a cug as defined initially means closed user group and it z a kind of group of subscribers on GLO that can call one another and send sms to 1 another free of charge and call others that are not in d group at a very cheap rate. it is a post paid package. the group is made of 2 or more individuals. i hv seen 3 different cugs in GLO.
1. the normal 1 that costs 1k to purchase the sim and call ur group member(s) without recharging the 1st month. then pay N600 rent at the end of each 30days to reactivate ur validity.

2. force com which is popular wt d police and costs N600 on purchasing and N600 rental after every 30 days.

3. deeper life cug costs N500 on purchase and N500 rental after every 30 days.

all d lines no matter ur purchasing or rental price works d way i explained initially.

pls dnt call any1 here for GLO cug. visit any glo world office for more information.

make sure u thank me later......
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Princenady(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
loladeking: i totally understand with you.
let me answer the question first.

i, also in a similar situation, use globacom's 3 naira per minute. though as at now, i believe its turned to 5 naira per minutes.

even as at that, we use viber very very well. just make sure you load her data plan with at least one gb. also make sure the network connection is good. research on good networks in your area and hers.

i, as well, cannot compromise the level of comm between me and my woman. if she does not talk to me in a day, she gets soo sad and its been a relationship of one year plus now

i see people talking about CUG. is it applicable to just two people or only for companies? i guess i will have to find out

it works for 2 people also. just buy it for 1k at any glo shop and pay N600 after every 1month.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by crowntoro(f): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Blov: u can make use of post paid or contract line, in which u will b charge between N500 per month to call and text unlimited i.e 24/7 every month between numbers that are within your circle. Inbox me for more info.......
That is what I'm using with my partner.
yu funny die, why u no com put the network?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by unikchyka(f): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
MztrChukwu: Walk into any network service provider and request for a CUG line... last I checked, glo offered me a CUG line to my fiancee and it only costs 1k per month. Trust me, I'm talkin 24/7 calls
Mine is #500

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by unikchyka(f): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
Mine is #500 per month

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Odika1: 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks
Break up with her naa.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
When i was younger I was spending between N400 and N600 calling my girl everyday.

It wasn't the era of smart phones.

I cannot try that now when there is Free Viber calls, Free Facebook chat calls and Whattsapp Messenger..

Ordinary Data of N4000 will serve me for a month..

Poster, download latest versions of Facebook messenger and Viber and make free calls with your babe on VOIP.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
shachris: distant relationship is a waste of time, when you are not there, just know that someone else us polishing that kongo!

join nairaland madhouse!

https://www.nairaland.com/1837446/nairaland-should-lunatic-section

Brotherly....

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Just the sameway ur strafing other people's distance real-deal, is the same way someone is strafing you next door real-deal, even the one you are with 23/7. So wether you see your partner 23-24 hours each day, 10mins sleep is enough for her to creep out n grease her engine elsewhere if she wants to!

So, dat you lavish ppl's distant real-deals doesn't mean distant relationship is weird. After all, face-to-face/neighbouring partners still cheat under their partners "closed" eyes, even if their r living together under one roof.

You've had several "monkey-work-baboon-chops" relationships, Big deal, but pls leave the op to maintain his distant relationship, in a less costly way which he's asking for ideas.

Not all girls have hot pants. Op's girlfriend may be one of such girls without Hotpants.

smiley

My friend, my post and your response can be likened to me advising the OP not to speed above 120km/hr because speed kills and you are giving the excuse that even those that drive below 80km/hr are killed at that speed and as such it is very okay to drive above 120km/hr.

I understand there are exceptions however, the person quoted below and me are telling you the hard but bitter truth. And by the way, I agree that even in same house, a cheat can always cheat however, my point is that LDR's multiplies the chances of cheating and in all honestly, it rarely leads to marriage which is the aim of a good intentioned relationship (correct me if I am wrong).

mecussey: LDR does not not work and that is simple. You are doing the calling and someone is doing the banging. Better bring her close or forget about her.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks

BBM call has also helped me,but it seems its for android phones alone. prefer to hear my partners voice than chat
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by MztrChukwu(m): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
unikchyka:
Mine is #500

Show us the way...
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by unikchyka(f): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
MztrChukwu:

Show us the way...
I can't really say if there are types of cug line but I bought mine #4000 about 3years ago somewhere in delta state. and since then its bin #500

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Beautiful Burn Survivor Who Proudly Flaunts Her Scars In Sexy Outfits / Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / Can You Sponsor Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.