Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33890 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
LDR is the best in Naija is good oooo as long as d communication is good.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by xp17(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
lynpetra: LDR is the best in Naija is good oooo as long as d communication is good.
how's it the best?
can I share in your reasons?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by texanomaly(f): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Do you have "Voxer" in Nigeria?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by mimi4eva1619: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
Why must he call you? Are you a Glo staff?
.....my deare calling me is optional not mandatory, thats wht am using with my hubby.......
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Try Viber
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 1stola: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.
I think you need a doctor...
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
Na wa ooh...so your bobo will add more to company's overhead?

Eyop:
Na wa ooh...so your bobo will add more to company's overhead?
since his office has turned him into a workhaholic,which is not part of his job description,i suggest he run it down. :/

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
xp17: how's it the best?
can I share in your reasons?

NO.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by matasinc(m): 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Oga... you recharge 400 Mtn and u dey complain it means you are so poor. mind you I recharge 750 everyday to call my gurl frnds and my customers. so stop lamenting
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by crowntoro(f): 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Relationship is all about sacrifice... OP accept yr fate.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
matasinc: Oga... you recharge 400 Mtn and u dey complain it means you are so poor mind you I recharge 750 everyday to call my gurl frnds and my customers. so stop lamenting
Shey na same money everybody dey earn for naija? be reasonable jo

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by rudepen(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
matasinc: Oga... you recharge 400 Mtn and u dey complain it means you are so poor. mind you I recharge 750 everyday to call my gurl frnds and my customers. so stop lamenting
g0sh!!...nigerians Sense of reasonin l0w sha...d 0p said "advice me"....must u b a critic?

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Yemlizzy(f): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmm Lagos and Abuja,its quite a stretch,making calls seems more efficient anyway. Other options can always come in despite that.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Herrmes: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hey man break it off, it ain't gonna be there as long as you think, to think of it I dislike Blackberry Messenger, and spend 2 hours a day tops for social networking and texting.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by jamesosayi: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
LDR is a complete waste of time. trust me.i have been there
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Seeeeeeee: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
I SMELL phone intimacy kiss

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by mecussey(m): 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
LDR does not not work and that is simple. You are doing the calling and someone is doing the banging. Better bring her close or forget about her.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Valvin: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Go get GLO CUG line.....give her one n take one.u only spend 1k monthly.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by unclenna(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks
@MockingBird, you and your girl friend should download facebook messenger or viber. When you do that, accept her and call her using facebook or viber. It is as free as air and they only deduct your MB. But most times is free. I remember calling my friend in US using Facebook messenger for more than 30min and only 4mb was deducted from my account. Try it and you wil thank me later.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
mecussey: LDR does not not work and that is simple. You are doing the calling and someone is doing the banging. Better bring her close or forget about her.
hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by toprealman: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
We are so close that we gist for hours etc......I borrow credit from MTN etc......
Young man, experience they say is the best teacher. Good luck in this your all too familiar journey.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Daflexdestiny: 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
undecided oga if u realy want to enjoy good relationship, stay very close to her instead of u broadcasting unneccesarily....
Note: dat someone might be somewhere enjoying wot u ar disturbing urself on pass u....

For d airtime advise,, u can consider MTN extra cool, like we use to do back den...
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by onlymase(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
VIBER IS THE ANSWER
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Break up na...
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Burger01(m): 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Abuja to Lagos That one na distant relationship? undecided I thought I would see Boston to Lagos, London to Abuja, Brazzaville to Abeokuta... Abuja to Lagos relationship aint no distant relationship to me undecided

Btw Op, viper, skype et all would come handy in minimising cost of your calls.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by samoks(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks

I am also suffering the same thing as my girl friend is currently serving in a village in Nasarawa state. She will be done with service in October, before she would return to Port Harcourt while I'm in Lagos.

But a friend of mine just gave me the solution. He told me that Visafone has the solution. He said I will have to go to their office and get the package. The pack costs about 10,000 and you only have to pay a monthly subscription of #1000. In the pack you will get 3phones, you take one, give her one and the third can be given to anyone of your choice.

The beauty is that you will call each other free for the month. Go to a visafone office near you to make the inquiry.

Teamlongdistancerelationship
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Exjoker(m): 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Night call may help u out
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
matasinc: Oga... you recharge 400 Mtn and u dey complain it means you are so poor. mind you I recharge 750 everyday to call my gurl frnds and my customers. so stop lamenting

oga, you load 750 to call your girl friends and customers, poster load 400 to call his gf, so who rich pass?

@poster, use MTN goody bag.

GB750 TO 131 or GB1000 TO 131 , 750 N 1000 respectively.

you will enjoy 1200bonus and 750 to call at 10k/sec to all networks for 750 plan.

you will get 2000bonus and 1000 to call at 10k/sec to all networks fpor 1000plan.

note that the bonus is for call to mtn lines only.

you can check ur balance by dialing *559#
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
bro you are not alone in this, my own is even worse because both of us are in lagos but i spend almost the same amount everyday . the problem is she is not conversant with all this social media platform.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by AdeniyiA(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
igbsam: My brother, Install Viber on your phone and have your chic install also, Load N200, subscribe for 50MB MTN data, place a viber call which is very very clear and talk for over 2hrs. This is what's been helping me. With N200 i dey talk until i tire to talk. Mind you, this does not include video calls o! If na video calls i wan do, i dey always use my normal 4G Swift network.

In this age of Viber, Skype and BBM Voice Calls does it better. Loading Airtime for calls should almost be fading out. Data calls are way cheaper. Even with Edge, viber calls are very clear.
stop mocking yourself 'mockingbird'(d OP) nd take dis best advice ...cool

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by wizzymate(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
There is the package Max 1000 on glo, where you both subscribe to the package for 1k each. you both have unlimited calls for the month.
Its really been helpful. My parents and my siblings all use the package.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by emmy02(m): 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
@OP i feel ur pain man, i once dated a girl dat was in rivers 4 a whole yr n we were always on fone, my brother i got so broke d police nearly arrested me for it.

One thing u shld do is try to get the GLO PP PLUS sim card, although i heard its for force men n women ( but anything possible for naija). Its a post paid sim whr u subscribe 600 for a whole month. I got mine 2600 n i just registered yesterday. My girl jsy registered hers today n so we hope to start using it by 2nd. Untill i use it personally n see hw good it is, brother, d lord is ur muscle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Babe Is Pregnant And Am Unemployed; Should I Keep The Baby? / FULL VIDEO: Malu Trevejo Sex Tape And Nudes Photos Leaked! / Ladies Could U Serriously Do This?.. Be Honest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.