Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33917 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by greall1: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Local call.

I'm even thinking is international call
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 1metre: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hence both of u are fond of each other and u are working,why not get married and save the money.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks

use glo cug it will cost u a max of 2k per mnth and both of u will call free of charge 24/7 for the whole mnth. nb: it used to b 1k b4 but they av suspended 1k profile for now. msg me for info
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
@MockingBird sorry abt the distant ish man its always a barrier (I'm experiencing thesame tin I'm in abj she in lag funny tin)

But here's a solution if you are using MTN sim and you are on SUPERsaver+ check your account balance to know ur tariff plan before you load any AIRTIME #dial *737*amount# and load you enjoy 100% free calls daily

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Do you have a laptor or a desktop,go to yahoomessenger,add her,and call her with your yahoo voice call,is
a free service as long as you have an mb or gig.Enjoy
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by iluvtotodie(m): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
igbsam: My brother, Install Viber on your phone and have your chic install also, Load N200, subscribe for 50MB MTN data, place a viber call which is very very clear and talk for over 2hrs. This is what's been helping me. With N200 i dey talk until i tire to talk. Mind you, this does not include video calls o! If na video calls i wan do, i dey always use my normal 4G Swift network.

In this age of Viber, Skype and BBM Voice Calls does it better. Loading Airtime for calls should almost be fading out. Data calls are way cheaper. Even with Edge, viber calls are very clear.

This is the best advice ever. God bless you for this eye opening idea. OP....better stick to this
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Slimmos(m): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Op since u are desperate to keep talking and u don't wanna chat and yet u are complaining of recharge cards, d best for you is to do night calls...
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Danosophe(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
"This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are
committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keep us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I
would be grateful to even pay for
such. Thanks" Why are You complaining?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by udum: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
hello mocking bird and for the rest of the guys in here.let me start with a question."does any girl worth the trouble"? i once had a fiance whom i believed in ,trusted and loved whole heartedly,before i traveled we were like mockingbird(we call and talk everyday plus midnight)and she said i should maintain the calls which i did and on a daily bases, friends of which i spend 15$(us dollars) everyday and on the days that either of us have a hectic day i end up spending 30$.time came for her service i did what i have to financially,then dramas started to unfold.to make it short i came back after one year and 3months only for the girl to call off the relationship for no reason.refused to see me and that we should part ways forever.didnt care about anything meanwhile ppl know her to be my wife already.

so where did i fail i ask. despite being in communication all through our 4years relationship? i ask u all the first important question does "distant relationship work"?

to mockingbird be wise , save your money and your self .

i stand corrected if any
peace

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
udum: hello mocking bird and for the rest of the guys in here.let me start with a question."does any girl worth the trouble"? i once had a fiance whom i believed in ,trusted and loved whole heartedly,before i traveled we were like mockingbird(we call and talk everyday plus midnight)and she said i should maintain the calls which i did and on a daily bases, friends of which i spend 15$(us dollars) everyday and on the days that either of us have a hectic day i end up spending 30$.time came for her service i did what i have to financially,then dramas started to unfold.to make it short i came back after one year and 3months only for the girl to call off the relationship for no reason.refused to see me and that we should part ways forever.didnt care about anything meanwhile ppl know her to be my wife already.

so where did i fail i ask. despite being in communication all through our 4years relationship? i ask u all the first important question does "distant relationship work"?

to mockingbird be wise , save your money and your self .

i stand corrected if any
peace
Because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it does not or won't work for others. That woman wasn't yours so be grateful to God for what happened. What if it had happened after you married her what will you do?

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Paulv(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
So if it's not LDR what should we call that?
mdr i.e medium distance relationship. Iol.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by chikevictor(m): 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Add her up in MTN family A̶̲̅πϑ friends A̶̲̅πϑ u are good to go
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Distance/Intra State/Inter State relationship.... Whatever will be will be!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by tidymaster(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Get Visafone CUG there is the campus package. buy from any participating campus and register it there..then you are good to go. that's what I use. N500 for each line every month.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Paulv(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Christmasdon: What has happened to mtn 12:30am.
the best solution sofar,wit just #100 on ur fone u can till 5am; just imagine package. No 2 way abut it dis is what u need.thanks.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Haishophem(m): 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
U guys shld buy visafone and use d following code 2 get 80mins 4 200........*450*200#.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by blezynetym(f): 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Call her free on skype
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Paulv(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
So because of love you are advising the OP to endanger his health undecided
what is love if you can't endanger ur life.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Paulv: what is love if you can't endanger ur life.
Your own version of love entails endangering your life but mine is not and never will be like that.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Get an iPhone dear for both of you...

Use FaceTime and you'll not only hear her voice on the audio but you can also see and read her lips with FaceTime Video.

However. You'll need a data plan which you can of course get on any network, Etisalat Nigeria being the most generous, I heard.

FaceTime uses less data than any other video or VOIP calls.

Hope this helps.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Keky(m): 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Priscaoge, what do u think?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Jcob(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Get married!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Paulv(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Eyop:
Your own version of love entails endangering your life but mine is not and never will be like that.
let be realistic,why wasten #400 hundred evry day wen night call can do it. You don't av to stay al through the nite-maybe an hour or two.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by kingofabia: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
u can try airtel one sim plan where u register two airtel numbers and call at a very cheap rate
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Eyop: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Paulv: let be realistic,why wasten #400 hundred evry day wen night call can do it. You don't av to stay al through the nite-maybe an hour or two.
Anything that disrupts my sleep is a no no thing for me because it endangers the health. That 1 or 2 hours you are talking about is not just because at completion you may find it very difficult to go back to sleep.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by xp17(m): 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
mecussey: LDR does not not work and that is simple. You are doing the calling and someone is doing the banging. Better bring her close or forget about her.
monkey dey work; baboon the chop. cool
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Godson201333(m): 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
xp17: monkey dey work; baboon the chop. cool

E no go be your portion[b][/b]
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Owoplenty(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Go for marriage immediately,and u have everything.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by xp17(m): 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Godson201333:

E no go be your portion[b][/b]
amen!!!

seriously, this LDR fear me pass Ebola
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Godson201333(m): 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Please i also need advice,I am currently at sambisa forest serving my Country Nigeria and my babe is in Abuja,How can i communicate with her cheaply without Boko haram locating her?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Godson201333(m): 12:07am On Aug 01, 2014
xp17: amen!!!

seriously, this LDR fear me pass Ebola

Please dont try it,na waste of time ,Money and emotion....Girls no get patience like una think
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by cycline404(m): 12:11am On Aug 01, 2014
viber...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Beautiful Burn Survivor Who Proudly Flaunts Her Scars In Sexy Outfits / Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / Can You Sponsor Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.