Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33918 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Paulv(m): 12:13am On Aug 01, 2014
Eyop:
Anything that disrupts my sleep is a no no thing for me because it endangers the health. That 1 or 2 hours you are talking about is not just because at completion you may find it very difficult to go back to sleep.
i understand ur point . It's not easy to stay awake. u may want to but wat abut the person you want to talk to he/she may not welcome the idea.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by udum: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Eyop:
Because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it does not or won't work for others. That woman wasn't yours so be grateful to God for what happened. What if it had happened after you married her what will you do?

we came back togather after 2yrs later.am getting married to her but yet dont trust her .i still love her just as i used to but deep inside of me i want revenge.i want to hurt her back for the pains she put me through.

pls the pont i want to make to mocking bird is so he wont have the this kind of wound that may never heal.thats why i said to him be wise!!!!!!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Desmog21(m): 12:53am On Aug 01, 2014
This will help... If you both have a strong Internet signal probably WiFi (recommended) at disposal please download TextMe App and enjoy the flow
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Davryme(m): 1:09am On Aug 01, 2014
serious.....as i dey dis topic........no b small tin by 2face d play for ma stereo......if hole dey ur pocket....gv tailor
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Princenady(m): 1:09am On Aug 01, 2014
since u need a very cheap means for local calls, i will advice u to go for glo cug. a cug as defined initially means closed user group and it z a kind of group of subscribers on GLO that can call one another and send sms to 1 another free of charge and call others that are not in d group at a very cheap rate. it is a post paid package. the group is made of 2 or more individuals. i hv seen 3 different cugs in GLO.
1. the normal 1 that costs 1k to purchase the sim and call ur group member(s) without recharging the 1st month. then pay N600 rent at the end of each 30days to reactivate ur validity.

2. force com which is popular wt d police and costs N600 on purchasing and N600 rental after every 30 days.

3. deeper life cug costs N500 on purchase and N500 rental after every 30 days.

all d lines no matter ur purchasing or rental price works d way i explained initially.

pls dnt call any1 here for GLO cug. visit any glo world office for more information.

make sure u thank me later......

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Davryme(m): 1:13am On Aug 01, 2014
@ OP.....abi u guys hd convenant ni ? Abeg anoda word dey to use afta excess
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by onomesimple(m): 3:43am On Aug 01, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks
if i was to be in ur shoe i will meet my network provided and ask for a package that will suit me and my love, some network provided have it . so it up to you
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by robinicule(m): 3:58am On Aug 01, 2014
its all gonna fade....pls come back to this thread and tell us how u guys broke up

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by tunde1200(m): 4:00am On Aug 01, 2014
lynpetra: l am in a long distance relationship too,but luckily for me my man uses office line to call me for long.Besides wetin we won talk for hours wey we never talk before?

And by doing that can cause him problems one day. You will be sorry for him when he gets queries.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Highvotage: 6:03am On Aug 01, 2014
Glo is having sme cug that you just need to buy two lines, one for her and one for you.
It is a post paid line wt a Monthly rent of 1000 amd you will call for a period of one Month as long as your phone battery lasted.
The first month is free on both which invariably means you have already consumed the money you bouthg the line wt.
Enjoyin ursef dey go on Glo cug.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 01, 2014
MockingBird: Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.
he complained o, dats y we are giving alternatives
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by SleekyPosh(m): 6:19am On Aug 01, 2014
fem30: Well, I don't subscribe to anything distant. Not even long distance bizness. My experience has shown that while some dude somewhere is doing all the lovey-dovey, I am the one servicing and greasing her engine full time. I am not talking of one,two or even three cases; neither am I referring to distant relationships were the lady is in nigeria alone, I am talking uk, US and Germany. The guys are doing the calling, I am doing the strafing. The guys sometimes even call when we are at it. Most of them picks the calls, feign sleep, headache or busy.
It is pathetic. My advise is for you to have a relationship where u can see your partner regularly. The European and American winters sometimes, increase the longings of the women. To be forewarned is to be fore-armed.

Sincere and Honest people like you are hard to find. I wonder Y people are scared of facing raw reality! Y'all should Stop fooling urselves.
Uve said it all Bruv.

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by chidekings(m): 6:26am On Aug 01, 2014
robinicule: its all gonna fade....pls come back to this thread and tell us how u guys broke up

he wont come back and gist us......he no wan spend more,he no wan chat or whatsapp...wetin he want again
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by baani(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2014
recent version of bbm can do voice chat/call so u can do that and just so u knw if she were in lagos or were in abuja you would spend more
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by ComradeTY(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2014
unclenna: @MockingBird, you and your girl friend should download facebook messenger or viber. When you do that, accept her and call her using facebook or viber. It is as free as air and they only deduct your MB. But most times is free. I remember calling my friend in US using Facebook messenger for more than 30min and only 4mb was deducted from my account. Try it and you wil thank me later.
Bros hw does it work on Facebook messenger?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by adedayor08(m): 7:32am On Aug 01, 2014
try viber for android u go love am( free call)
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by duby91(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2014
lynpetra: LDR is the best in Naija is good oooo as long as d communication is good.

Lol...good you say. it depends, for me i see it as a total waste of time for both parties involved.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by duby91(m): 7:39am On Aug 01, 2014
tunde1200:

And by doing that can cause him problems one day. You will be sorry for him when he gets queries.

It depends on the nature of the kind of job the man does...they will use it to match the bills. some companies are cool so long u don't make calls of more than $250 monthly.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 7:44am On Aug 01, 2014
onomesimple: if i was to be in ur shoe i will meet my network provided and ask for a package that will suit me and my love, some network provided have it . so it up to you

Yes, sum ntwrks have it but the problem is that for some reasons I still find unanswered, the staff are not usually happy to tell you the "cheapest" plan to get on. They'll rather rope you into the "reigning" plan, ie, the one that is on adverts and jingles today.

They could be sooooo... I dont understand. Even services that should be free, and the coy has actually announced to customers that it's free, you'll find staff asking customers to pay.
Mtchew.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by gloryl(f): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks

Am sure bbm voice will go a long way...try it especially if u use glo subscription.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 2goodness(f): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2014
MztrChukwu: Walk into any network service provider and request for a CUG line... last I checked, glo offered me a CUG line to my fiancee and it only costs 1k per month. Trust me, I'm talkin 24/7 calls

True talk. From my experience, dis is the cheapest plan for you.

And trust this can help you.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 2goodness(f): 7:53am On Aug 01, 2014
MztrChukwu: Walk into any network service provider and request for a CUG line... last I checked, glo offered me a CUG line to my fiancee and it only costs 1k per month. Trust me, I'm talkin 24/7 calls
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 7:58am On Aug 01, 2014
fem30: Well, I don't subscribe to anything distant. Not even long distance bizness. My experience has shown that while some dude somewhere is doing all the lovey-dovey, I am the one servicing and greasing her engine full time. I am not talking of one,two or even three cases; neither am I referring to distant relationships were the lady is in nigeria alone, I am talking uk, US and Germany. The guys are doing the calling, I am doing the strafing. The guys sometimes even call when we are at it. Most of them picks the calls, feign sleep, headache or busy.
It is pathetic. My advise is for you to have a relationship where u can see your partner regularly. The European and American winters sometimes, increase the longings of the women. To be forewarned is to be fore-armed.

Just the sameway ur strafing other people's distance real-deal, is the same way someone is strafing you next door real-deal, even the one you are with 23/7. So wether you see your partner 23-24 hours each day, 10mins sleep is enough for her to creep out n grease her engine elsewhere if she wants to!

So, dat you lavish ppl's distant real-deals doesn't mean distant relationship is weird. After all, face-to-face/neighbouring partners still cheat under their partners "closed" eyes, even if their r living together under one roof.

You've had several "monkey-work-baboon-chops" relationships, Big deal, but pls leave the op to maintain his distant relationship, in a less costly way which he's asking for ideas.

Not all girls have hot pants. Op's girlfriend may be one of such girls without Hotpants.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by seunoni34(m): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2014
Use viber (Internet calling) works like WhatsApp. Or rather use Skype - you would even see each other.
Local credit calling will drain you. So get an Internet calling app e.g Skype, viber
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by ogawisdom(m): 8:14am On Aug 01, 2014
LDR is a no no hw can u get to kw sb by only talking on phone. It doesn't work most of d times Remember as a girl there ll b other guys coming for her within her area n its a matter of time before she chooses one n uses u as a back up plan wen u r wastin ur money to keep d rship.
D only gud thing is dt she calls u but I kw its nt as often as u do.
Start looking for someone to love in Abuja lover boy.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2014
LDR. That word alone puts me off my tea. I gave it all my shot and it worked, or so i thought. for good seven months, i was like, 'if you set your hrt at it, den u cn make it wrk', meanwhile, no be small money i dy invest 4 d relationship o, and she was not working, as at then . I was all d calling, texting, even send ha rcharg card. Until i realised i was purnishn myself. Am d type dt cherish physical intimacy alot and that just wasnt happenin, and when i see georgeous gals pass, am lyk 'Victor, she o ponu ni', abi omo yi ti de e ni? To cut the long story short, i ended the relationship to prevent any messy mess. So my friend, this is my advice, take into consideration all d advice dats been offad 2 u, bt d fact is dz, nth works lyk 'see me, i see you', seeing each oda @least 2ce weekly. try and see if u cn arrnge ha 2 make a 1c per wk trip 2 ur place, if nt, let ha choose d one convenient. This way, you get to see each oda @least once or twice per mnth. Else, i pray you wont waste your time n investment, both of u, as av com 2 realise i did.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by henecy: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2014
Visit Glo office and ask of Glo force come just with a 1200 in month for u and her.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 9:13am On Aug 01, 2014
ogawisdom: LDR is a no no hw can u get to kw sb by only talking on phone. It doesn't work most of d times Remember as a girl there ll b other guys coming for her within her area n its a matter of time before she chooses one n uses u as a back up plan wen u r wastin ur money to keep d rship.
D only gud thing is dt she calls u but I kw its nt as often as u do.
Start looking for someone to love in Abuja lover boy.

Ashonibarenla: LDR. That word alone puts me off my tea. I gave it all my shot and it worked, or so i thought. for good seven months, i was like, 'if you set your hrt at it, den u cn make it wrk', meanwhile, no be small money i dy invest 4 d relationship o, and she was not working, as at then . I was all d calling, texting, even send ha rcharg card. Until i realised i was purnishn myself. Am d type dt cherish physical intimacy alot and that just wasnt happenin, and when i see georgeous gals pass, am lyk 'Victor, she o ponu ni', abi omo yi ti de e ni? To cut the long story short, i ended the relationship to prevent any messy mess. So my friend, this is my advice, take into consideration all d advice dats been offad 2 u, bt d fact is dz, nth works lyk 'see me, i see you', seeing each oda @least 2ce weekly. try and see if u cn arrnge ha 2 make a 1c per wk trip 2 ur place, if nt, let ha choose d one convenient. This way, you get to see each oda @least once or twice per mnth. Else, i pray you wont waste your time n investment, both of u, as av com 2 realise i did.

Relationship experts, well done. Let it be known that if a girl will cheat, she'll do it even if it means doing it immediately she walks out of your door to hers. Likewise a guy. So if you police ur patner or thing face-to-face relationships works better than LDRs, then you're all joking.

People with cheating tendencies care less about proximity AND faithful lovers don't even bother about distance. So pls quit dissing [the] poor girl[s].
Can u also beat your chest that men are faithful in face-2-face relationships talk more of LDRs? Pls let's stick to the thread... how to make cheaper calls. smiley
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by bank2k4real(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2014
You will be the first person to receive the blessings of
today being first of August.
The month of August
A- Authority to wealth
U- Unlimited blessings
G- Glory in all things
U- Unmoved wealth & riches
S- Success in all things
T- Testimony at last
All these shall be your portion and you must have
testimonies before the end of this month by God's grace. Good morning.

Check my signature below for more information
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2014
robinicule: its all gonna fade....pls come back to this thread and tell us how u guys broke up

Really? Sacarsm or Stupidity? angry

Why are u wishing him that because you couldn't afford a stable relationship?

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Relationship experts, well done. Let it be known that if a girl will cheat, she'll do it even if it means doing it immediately she walks out of your door to hers. Likewise a guy. So if you police ur patner or thing face-to-face relationships works better than LDRs, then you're all joking.

People with cheating tendencies care less about proximity AND faithful lovers don't even bother about distance. So pls quit dissing [the] poor girl[s].
Can u also beat your chest that men are faithful in face-2-face relationships talk more of LDRs? Pls let's stick to the thread... how to make cheaper calls. smiley

Don't mind dem jur! People are so negative! angry

They think because they had it wrong someone else will.

There are people who are faithful even in LDRs although I don't like it myself.

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by robinicule(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Really? Sacarsm or Stupidity? angry

Why are u wishing him that because you couldn't afford a stable relationship?
no homo bro,..all man for his thoughts...heart ur business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Unmarried Ladies Must Have A Child Before 30 - Relationship Expert (pic/vid) / Meet The Beautiful Burn Survivor Who Proudly Flaunts Her Scars In Sexy Outfits / Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.