Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Distant Relationships And Phone Calls - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (33915 Views)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
fem30:

My friend, my post and your response can be likened to me advising the OP not to speed above 120km/hr because speed kills and you are giving the excuse that even those that drive below 80km/hr are killed at that speed and as such it is very okay to drive above 120km/hr.

I understand there are exceptions however, the person quoted below and me are telling you the hard but bitter truth. And by the way, I agree that even in same house, a cheat can always cheat however, my point is that LDR's multiplies the chances of cheating and in all honestly, it rarely leads to marriage which is the aim of a good intentioned relationship (correct me if I am wrong).

Wrong!!! Some people are married today out of LDRs. Some people are still doing LDRs in marriage. Sometimes, people should try and be positive for once. If you wanna progress in life, don't compare or liken yourself to failures. Instead use successful people as your yardstick. Thank you!

Please can we leave this issue... You have your views, stick with it. I have my positive view, I'll cling to it. Nairaland continues.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
lynpetra: LDR is the best in Naija is good oooo as long as d communication is good.

Its a long time I saw you here...

Are you on leave ?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by idirect(m): 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ok
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by blezo: 12:58am On Aug 02, 2014
I'm also in a long distance r/ship. nd my guy nd I r crazy abt each other. we call each other, mornin and night wit a max of N100 or 200 crdt only. during the day we chat nd chat. try that. costs u less nd we still feel the connection...strongly

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2014
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2014
MockingBird: Hello, Pls I need help and reasonable solution to reduce my recharge card cost to my girlfriend. I'm in a distant relationship and I need to be talking to my girl everyday as I'm in Abuja and she is Lagos. We are so close and so fond of each other that we can gist for hours on a stretch. Sometimes I end up borrowing credit from MTN only to finish it on her again, she would do the same until even her borrowed credit is finished too. This is straining my finances as I need to load at least N400 recharge card every day to talk to her. She also buys recharge card to talk to me constantly as we both are working.

This everyday buying of at least N400 recharge card is putting a hole in my pocket, so I was wondering, is there any way I can reduce my call cost to her. Pls note, both of us are committed to the relationship and we cannot afford to compromise on our everyday communication as this is what keeps us glued together. Pls if you have any solution out there I would be grateful to even pay for such. Thanks
I av 2 friends dt complain about recharge card and calls to their babes....they lament, not like they dont have the money buh, u guys are in the same shoe...I just smh for them
i'll suggest u chat more, share pictures, send VNs nd call once in a yl.
I hope this helps.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Wrong!!! Some people are married today out of LDRs. Some people are still doing LDRs in marriage. Sometimes, people should try and be positive for once. If you wanna progress in life, don't compare or liken yourself to failures. Instead use successful people as your yardstick. Thank you!

Please can we leave this issue... You have your views, stick with it. I have my positive view, I'll cling to it. Nairaland continues.
I do understand that it is slow for some people to grasp certain things. When we say speed kills and as such please drive at a slow speed, it doesn't mean we are pessimistic or prophets of doom. It simply means we know the realities and the risks involved hence the advise. You however failed to even recognise that I stated that there are exceptions.
In this analogy, the OP is asking how he can make his fuel consumption at high speed cheaper and we are telling him that it is wiser not to drive at high speed at all because there is a very high likelihood of a fatal accident but you are here saying all what we are saying it being pessimistic because a lot of people drive at high speed and nothing happened.
I think I am out of this page because a word is said to be usually enough for the wise yet I have written paragraphs.

@OP, all the best but I would sincerely love to read from you on how this ended.

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by 3sha4lyf: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2014
fem30:
I do understand that it is slow for some people to grasp certain things. When we say speed kills and as such please drive at a slow speed, it doesn't mean we are pessimistic or prophets of doom. It simply means we know the realities and the risks involved hence the advise. You however failed to even recognise that I stated that there are exceptions.
In this analogy, the OP is asking how he can make his fuel consumption at high speed cheaper and we are telling him that it is wiser not to drive at high speed at all because there is a very high likelihood of a fatal accident but you are here saying all what we are saying it being pessimistic because a lot of people drive at high speed and nothing happened.
I think I am out of this page because a word is said to be usually enough for the wise yet I have written paragraphs.

@OP, all the best but I would sincerely love to read from you on how this ended.

Smh!!!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by kollyso(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Long distance relationship could be unavoidable in some instances and calling regularly as highlighted by the OP may go a long way to assist the parties involved. I'm married with kids and my family and I stay far apart from each other where the only consolation solution is calling via cug line from Glo. The lines goes for I think 3000 for the 2 lines. And a monthly subscription of 600 per line. You 2 can call each other for as long as u want within the subscribed month. Enjoy.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by jennylove7575(f): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
Slimmos: Op since u are desperate to keep talking and u don't wanna chat and yet u are complaining of recharge cards, d best for you is to do night calls...
Slimmos What do you mean you never see me (devil) from ages? If you claim not to know me how you take conclude say I be prostitute or HIV carrier? You don’t call people you have not met before fabricated names to tarnish their image. Secondly, your mother and sisters should not have been calling me on the phone every now and then to beg me. Your mother says na small pikin dey worry you make I forgive you. It will be difficult for me to forgive you. You have awoken the demon in me by duping me and still having the mouth to call me names on nairaland. Last year when I was returning to uk, slimmos, didn’t I give 200,000 naira? The phone weh you dey use so no be me give you? Dat yeye Johnson weh your mama dey sleep with, wetin the man dey do for una? U are here lying to 5naira say you don’t know me before. Moses na God go judge you and your father. Stop calling my phone, if you like hide your number I will never forgive you and your father. £6000 is 6000x 280=1m 680000 naira ( 1,680000naira). You and your papa na thieves and 419. You and your papa should pay me my 1,680000naira. for your information, mr oni said the land belong to the celestial church of christ. that it was never for sale. but your father whom you are now telling the whole world that is dead, presented the documents to me, convincing me that its a family inherited land. mr oni said the documents are fraud and he showed me the original certificate of ownwership...i respected i trusted your father because he is an elderly man..unless you are now telling me that the man you presented as a father isn't. you came into nl talking shitty stuffs, calling me names pretending you are an innocent boy. you lie. me JENNIFER BROWN will not let this matter go. head go roll. you people have bitten the fingers thats feeds you.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by continentalceo(m): 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Aromas: Bro u try o, cirous u try gan ni!!!!! D love issue ehn,
cheesy
Aromas: Bro u try o, cirous u try gan ni!!!!! D love issue ehn,
. LMAO! Guy you know well oo...d love nah indian film love oo, when the guy call him babe him go sing indian song for her and she myself go reply!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by tunde1200(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
lynpetra:

He is not in a postion to be queried.

Really?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
tunde1200:

Really?

Yes.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by tunde1200(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
lynpetra:

Yes.

Is he the owner of the company?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by SenatorJames(m): 12:36am On Aug 04, 2014
Christmasdon: What has happened to mtn 12:30am.
Maybe because of work, you know they have to sleep at night to be healthy and refresh for another day's work. Night call is good if you will find another time to sleep during the day.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 05, 2014
gloryl:

Am sure bbm voice will go a long way...try it especially if u use glo subscription.

Hmmmm, madam, good morning and where have you been? Longest time.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 05, 2014
MockingBird: Chatting is not a real time way of communication. Not even the best chatting app like whatsaapp or BBM can substitute for hearing someone's voice, besides I can't stand waiting for 2 hours for someone to read my messages. It has even caused issues before in our relationships when I knew she has come online on whatsapp or read my messages on BBM and delayed for minutes or even hours to answer it. So I had to uninstall my whatsapp and stopped using BBM.

then why complaining if u can't take some advice here and make some adjustment?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by dennis3888: 8:44am On Aug 05, 2014
hayorbaami: Okay, I dont question threads that make front page but I have to say I'm quite surprised this made front page within an hour and with barely 8comments like it is a matter of life and death issue. Abi na seun 2nd moniker be this?

Anyway, back to the matter, You don't want any chatting medium and can't do without hearing each other's voice. I can't even suggest skype because I'm sure you'l complain about affordability too. Search for cheaper call rates of the available service providers.

Ps- I bet mtn will be seriously rooting for your relationship.

Bro no one puts any post on front page its wen a people makes comment on a post dat u see it on front page
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 05, 2014
I need a serious relationship from a responsible working class lady that will lead to marriage on 29C329CA or 08100392181. please no ladies adding to beg for recharge cards or jobless women. i reside in abuja.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Ladybluecash(f): 10:08am On Aug 05, 2014
Op y dsturb ursef wen u can easily go to any BABALAWO 2 hlp u guys meet in ur dreams evryday to hlp d relatnshp CLOSER. If u mit spirit wife gudluck, if u mit ur real wif luck to dat tongue
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by MockingBird(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hello All,
Just barely few days after I asked for help on Nairaland, I've been able to crack the puzzle. Now I can call my Fiance for hours unending everday and pay next to nothing - 1k per second (N36) for a one hour call. Thanks everyone, both for the sensible and even the senseless answers given by some. Now my chick and I can REALLY talk. I even slept off while we talked one evening and appologised the next day.

Now my relationship can blossom, Who says LDR cannot thrive is not a problem solver and a thinker.
As my contribution to the growth of love in relationships, I am willing to share this to all who want to know.

Reach me on dreamakerresources@gmail.com
Pls note, its not free but I'm willing to share this with you for as small fee of N2k as I paid to get this information too. Thanks
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by igbsam(m): 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
MockingBird: Hello All,
Just barely few days after I asked for help on Nairaland, I've been able to crack the puzzle. Now I can call my Fiance for hours unending everday and pay next to nothing - 1k per second (N36) for a one hour call. Thanks everyone, both for the sensible and even the senseless answers given by some. Now my chick and I can REALLY talk. I even slept off while we talked one evening and appologised the next day.

Now my relationship can blossom, Who says LDR cannot thrive is not a problem solver and a thinker.
As my contribution to the growth of love in relationships, I am willing to share this to all who want to know.

Pls note, its not free but I'm willing to share this with you for as small fee of N2k as I paid to get this information too. Thanks

Guy, give yourself brain....what about the other informations people have been giving you here for free when u requested for help. Now u want to collect money from there. Give it for free to show appreciation or you take your yeye information and shove it up your A55. Ungrateful fellow like you.

Or

Is this your initial intention to get everyone to pity you only to come up and sell some information to them ? Don't make me think scamming on nairaland is taking a new dimension.

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by onegig(m): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
MockingBird: Hello All,

Smh for you. And same people were posting to help you. You are not only selfish but self centered. Ain't you the opener of this thread asking for help?

And to think people responded in kind only for you to find that information and now you are seeking for monetary returns.

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by igbsam(m): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
onegig: Smh for you. And same people were posting to help you. You are not only selfish but self centered. Ain't you the opener of this thread asking for help. And people responded in kind only you for to find it and seek for monetary returns.

He's a Nitwit and an Ingrate. I am beginning to suspect the initial purpose of his thread. I think this is the end product of it and his aim.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by devine99(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
call her once a week!
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by larry2chat(f): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Well op in a way thank you and in the other way you have terribly bleeped up. But i still dont blame you thou maybe you are one of those people destined to always Bleep up their hard work @ the end of the day . Well for me the post have really helped me a lot as I've gotten the CUG line for 2K each and was told i will be reactivating subsequently with 1K. And since the activation meeeeeeeeeennnnnn i feel soo much more relaxed now compered to my 12K monthly which is equal to 4Hundred naira glo card before. But please nairalanders I'm still a first timer on this cug and next month is when i will need to reactivate with 2K, how do i reactivate it . Will i send a perticular code or aslong as i have a minimum balance of 1K on each sim that's all?
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by gloryl(f): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
RedBenson:

Hmmmm, madam, good morning and where have you been? Longest time.

Hmmmm, been around. smiley
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
gloryl:

Hmmmm, been around. smiley

Ok o. Good to know u been around. Btw, i love that ur profile pic so i don drop one "like" there. Happy Sunday.
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by gloryl(f): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
RedBenson:

Ok o. Good to know u been around. Btw, i love that ur profile pic so i don drop one "like" there. Happy Sunday.

mmm....thanks... how have you been??
Re: Distant Relationships And Phone Calls by Sparkd(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
mimi4eva1619:
There is a sim card called (CUG ) meaning close user group on glo network, u buy the sim 2k and recharge 500 naira monthly. And talk as much as u want with only her alone and if u want to call another network or another number that is not in ur group u have to recharge. It is also called forcecom. Call me for details on how to get it. THAT IS IF UR INTERESTED. 08070779066
I need it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Hospitalized As Her Boyfriend Ditches Her To Marry Another / Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / Meet The Beautiful Burn Survivor Who Proudly Flaunts Her Scars In Sexy Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.