Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… (41640 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Why Do Ugly Guys Get A Girl And Handsome Ones Are Single / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by dokunbam(m): 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
See things differently
We think differently
We react differently

So anybody's act is none of my business.

I can only intrude if you want me too, I have got mine to deal with
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by solid3(m): 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
hungryboy: I dont forget wetin i wan even talk sef

vizkiz: believe me, i have been thinking of what to post but....Nothing is coming undecided

You guys are daft.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by haibe(m): 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
quintybabee: I usually dont comment on post about single ladies and guys stereotypical mind set that the most important thing to ladies is marriage.
in fact you usually don't comment on posts at all grin

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Ralphjoe(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
-BREAKING NEWS- <br/>Making Money Online is now easy. Anyone without any experience can start making money today, STOP THINKING join the happy earners now. Click the link https://?r=ralphjoe, guys don't dull with this opportunity, just a thousand naira registration, get verified & start making money online, who says you can't make money online in Nigeria Make Money in a fun way, Get excited while getting paid weekly, It's very simple. Signup here https://?r=ralphjoe, guys this is the most genuine ways to make money, get verified & start doing what am doing to get money role into your account every friday. This is the best online making site in Nigeria now, try it & you won't regret it guys.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by jennylove7575(f): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
100Cents:

Phu.ck him now and move on to the next man.

Nah trophy..

Last bullet : You are inviting frustration.

I dated a beauty for 3 solid years. Her problem was as stated in this thread, she never believed she could be under a man till we met. Never knew she liked me sef. Numerous boyfriends she had before we met, I made her lose all. The last one was a tough fight which included beating for the first and only time in history.

After all her shakara, cheating on me, insulting me, harassing me, one day she knelt down in front of me with tears welled up in her eyes asking me to marry her. Omoh, I felt like KING SOLOMON. She cried so bitterly. Boy, I felt for her.

We didn't marry but it wasn't my fault anyway. She is a single mother now from 2 relationships after mine.

Whenever a lady wan start her shakara for me, I normally want her to see that Ex and rate her but I won't tell her the story...

Jenny, stop inviting frustration to your life..
to you, you see it as frustration because of the society u live in...to me is called doing things that makes you happy..doing your own thing not living for others... Remember marriage doesn't breed happiness rather our choice of lifestyle do....we as individuals are in control of our own happiness./ emotion...what you think is the most important to you might not be my cup of tea. People differs. Trust me dis days lots of people are better off cohabiting. Please stop jumping into conclusion about other peoples life. Life ain't one pattern.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Misogynist2014(m): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
firstly I wish I understood what you typed...but the little i understood, this highly accomplished women you talking about are not my mate, they are even older than my mother...so when I get to that age, you can tell me all this.
Who gives a fvck! I only gave you a candid advice though I know you can't marry but you can only be married.So who d hell do you want to cajole to thinking that you are the one that is not yet ready.Even if you are the one, it's good ridance! Even Christ never got married. grin grin grin grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by jennylove7575(f): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Anacksunamun: @embolden, how's that any of our business, or in tandem with what this thread is all about?
jealousy.... Why you read am? Why u no waka pass?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Anacksunamun: 12:01am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: jealousy.... Why you read am? Why u no waka pass?
okay

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 10, 2014
Eyop:
Really
yes really
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Eyop: 12:07am On Sep 10, 2014
dreyjacs:
yes really
Well there are some responsible guys out there that are also looking for decent/responsible ladies to settle down with. Guys are also lonely too. It's vice versa.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Eyop:
Well there are some responsible guys out there that are also looking for decent/responsible ladies to settle down with. Guys are also lonely too. It's vice versa.
that is refreshing..

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Sleeksylvia(f): 12:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Let me speak 4 myself. I want 2 get married tho still single 4 now. It is not good 4 a man/woman 2 be alone so desiring marriage is not a sin. I havE read books listened 2 eXperienced couples/preachers and developed myself 2 d best of my ability to be a submissive help meet and wife. I will not boast of being curvy or shapy like kim kardashian but I am proud of and i appreciate how God made me in a unique way and I know a man would love me d way I am. And I'm confident that he that shall come will come and will not tarry cos God has commanded it and d Holy SPirit is at work 2 bring it to pass.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 10, 2014
Marriage is not for everybody! It annoys me when I hear single ladies complaining about the society putting pressure on them to get married as if they don't desire getting married. For crying out loud, I have too many things on my mind to notice that the nearest lady is single! So, ladies stop blaming an innocent Nigerian society for your desperation. Those who desire to get married always work towards accomplishing that at the right time and nobody hears them whine about how the society pressures them into marriage. The problem is always from those who never knew what they wanted in the first place. They are the ones who would waste their youthful ages building castle in the air on how they are going to get married to a non existing Mr right, only to realize later that they should have made haste while the sun shined. So, they start complaining and flocking the churches and prayer houses in search of husbands, instead of 'enjoying' their single lives. However, I am aware that there are a few who desire and are ripe for marriage, but are still single for no fault of theirs and those are the people that need help.

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by franconian: 12:13am On Sep 10, 2014
GRAND30: "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised" (Proverbs 31:30). If you are beautiful and still single when you should be married in reference to your age, something certainly has reduced your chances. What could that be? Your personality is most likely culpable. Good-looking people (not excluding our dandy males) usually promote, invest and pride in their physical appearance while doing little to improve their skills or develop personal traits. Unfortunately they become stranded at crucial points in life when physical appearance means almost nothing and comes far behind real skills and acceptable personality. OP, only if you are not part of this society called Nigeria or Africa would I encourage every overdue beautiful single girl to grab solace in your motivational counsel. Otherwise...it's a lantern without flames in a dark tunnel.
Lastly, as for beautiful singles who should be married already based on their age, I'd advise you sober up, peer into the past, review wasted proposals, purge your personality of excesses, let your physical beauty come second behind your inner beauty...and say a little prayer to your Creator! Expect another golden chance afterwards.

Well said Bro!

Let me translate this from my language...."Before wild yam go know say e na bush yam, my people, day go don dark". Many of them don't usually listen to advice when they should.

I have three as neighbors. They are triplet. They should be in their mid or late thirties. They are so beautiful and their dad is one of the wealthiest here. I was surprised when I came into the area to find these 3 beautiful wise women single. I always wonder why they were still single but not until two months ago.

I don't greet them much cos they rarely greet someone n when u eventually greet them, they give u a very weak response....So it happened on that day, one was strolling down the street to get fuel ( d gas station is not far off) while I was coming from the opposite direction at the other side of the tarred road. I was lost for a moment when I heared " aaaiiiss, come go buy me fuel" with so much insolence. I was like WTF....I jeje waka/cross go meet her,the mumu con dey give me gallon and money. I cleared my throat and said...." this is probably the reason y u r still single, U don't have respect for people". I turned n walked away. After walking for almost a minutes, I turned to look at her, she was still standing at that very spot where I left her - looking dumbfounded. I was like...good for u!!!

In their own case, too much money might have played a role, but I have found out that generally, beautiful ladies exhibit too much pride (not vigour,not verve) - that very thing that pisses men up.

3 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ihedinobi2: 12:24am On Sep 10, 2014
Whether man or woman, you are more when you're married than you are single. And we all know that or we would not make so much of marriage or get bitter when other people do the same when we are not faring well on that front. We like to blame society when we feel bad about something we feel helpless about but sometimes it's merely a natural imperative asserting itself. We ALL OF US know that marriage is terribly important. If we didn't, there would be at least one culture in this world that would not be practising marriage. But I know of none that doesn't. And I dare anyone to produce one culture that does not practise marriage in one form or another.

It is a fact that it is curious, always very curious when beautiful women are unmarried past their prime. And I think we all know why, even if for political correctness we skirt the answer.

Beautiful women generally have more suitors than their less physically blessed counterparts. That is too obvious to argue. But do we realize that this results in one of three troublesome outcomes?

Outcome 1
They pick a man and get married and try to build a family.

Outcome 2
They wallow in confusion because so many options have something they'd like. And oh if only they could make a mashup of some of the best qualities! So they wait some more hoping that one guy will happen by who has that miraculous combination of ALL the qualities that each of those guys possess...notwithstanding that some of those qualities are mutually exclusive. For instance, if a man is coarse and irreverent, he can't be a gentleman at the same time. But his coarseness and irreverence stems from rebellious, wild core which some of these beautiful ladies find very attractive for reasons that would be quite interesting to study. And some of these beautiful ladies will wish that there is a man who will be both wild and disciplined. Of course, that's nonsense but they have issues believing that it is.

They stay stuck in that confusion for so long especially with the reinforcement of a false conception of the rule "thou shalt not settle" that they pass their prime without realizing that it has happened. And when they do, they start making excuses and blaming society for their own personal urges and desires.

Outcome 3
They enter a series of relationships that work out very poorly in their favor and develop a phobia for intimacy because the men they trusted betrayed them in one way or another. This phobia might become subliminal resulting in a subconscious or unconscious exertion of themselves to destroy every opportunity they get to share themselves with somebody again.

So they wittingly or unwittingly grow into old maids, afraid of and bitter at men.

In the first outcome, they do get married, whether to good men or to bad men depending on what they decide they want to do with their lives. In the second they don't, almost entirely because they're beautiful. In the third they don't alsi, but this time more indirectly because they're beautiful.

Beautiful women have more pressure when it comes to choosing men. So when they haven't ignored that choice to first form a clear character and a worldview and determined a purpose for their lives, the large pool of suitors only works against them. They won't know what they want and they won't be satisfied with anything because they don't even know what they are SUPPOSED to want.

On the other hand, because women generally like excitement, a woman with either a poor character or an unformed character will gravitate to the wrong kind of men. And they will hurt her. But she will find good men too innocous, too disciplined for her. Men who want to build homes are generally not very interested in risky ventures and constant excitement. They are more grounded and concerned with security than they are with adventure.

I know an example of one. She continually gravitated to the wrong men when she was young and she was continually heartbroken for her troubles until she chose one decent man whom, in her words, she "was not in love with" but who, she said, was the one who loved her. According to her, she came to "treasure him deeply".

Another one too said she "always attracts cultists". Well, men are always attracted by beauty and men are competitive especially around women. So the most adventurous among us dudes and the least responsible are always looking for a challenge to prove something to themselves. So they pick women who will very likely have a large flock of suitors that they can compete with and come out on top of. These women are generally the very beautiful ones. Of course, another type of challenge is the 'moralistic' girl who is notorious for not "giving it up". This latter could be ugly or beautiful, it doesn't matter, she's a challenge and.men love the thrill of the chase until they grow up.and set to building homes. But she is never as important as a woman with a large following.

So beautiful women really have a problem. Their beauty can really get in the way of marital happiness.

My advice: ignore the men chasing you until you know what life is about and you know what you're going to do with your life. THEN you pick the man whose life pursuit can catalyse yours. Or else, you'll join the crowd of self-deceiving people who insist that their life is nobody's business when they obviously care about being part of the human community.

Quit talking about settling until you understand what that means. You can insist that you will not settle for a man with skewed moral standards, for a man whose life pursuit is incompatible with yours, for a man with no life pursuit or willingness to acquire one. Outside of those, you really have no settling issues to talk of.

5 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2014
Too much threads on beauty yet all the people in this forum are ugly! You should go for surgery to correct those ugly faces though. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anybody who is ugly here.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by crudedude(m): 12:51am On Sep 10, 2014
Sleeksylvia: Let me speak 4 myself. I want 2 get married tho still single 4 now. It is not good 4 a man/woman 2 be alone so desiring marriage is not a sin. I havE read books listened 2 eXperienced couples/preachers and developed myself 2 d best of my ability to be a submissive help meet and wife. I will not boast of being curvy or shapy like kim kardashian but I am proud of and i appreciate how God made me in a unique way and I know a man would love me d way I am. And I'm confident that he that shall come will come and will not tarry cos God has commanded it and d Holy SPirit is at work 2 bring it to pass.

No pic?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by laudate: 1:07am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink

Gbam!! Abeg, come here and collect a royal handshake!! cool grin

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Worksunlimited: 1:38am On Sep 10, 2014
Another Romance Thread.. undecided

Wonder why single ladies get all spiritual when their menopause draws near... They go from am too beautiful/sexy-dont touch me, to singing "Draw him nearer to me, Oh Lord!" lipsrsealed

*Smoothens bedsheet and lies down on bed*
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by HXoritz(m): 1:47am On Sep 10, 2014
cheesy MizMycoli u dey yarn dust.....talk well joor....are u a learner

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Bolt3(m): 2:01am On Sep 10, 2014
All the single ladies (all the single ladies)
All the single ladies (all the single ladies)
Could you click LIKE!!!

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by abdulwastecx(m): 2:06am On Sep 10, 2014
all4naija: Too much threads on beauty yet all the people in this forum are ugly! You should go for surgery to correct those ugly faces though. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anybody who is ugly here.

what is your definition of beautiful?
what are the features an individual most possessed to be called beautiful or ugly?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Mckandre(m): 2:30am On Sep 10, 2014
If you're a B and you ain't married, nobody will take you serious.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:53am On Sep 10, 2014
calobinna: I've been reading the comments to know your motive and the kind of support u've been talking about. i see u support jennylove7575 opinion....dats not good, ur write up kinda mislead me!
You're being judgemental.

What's wrong in complimenting a human being irrespective of what they believe or not?
undecided
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by damselabi(f): 3:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Yea right...most ladies tink marriage is d ultimate n wen dey don't get a man dey fail to live or continue dia lives.N dey end up forcing it only to end up marrying wrongly, or bcoming second wives.Marriage is important. . yes bt it is nt d Ultimate.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by suptol(m): 3:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:16am On Sep 10, 2014
Babymama1:

If it's entirely her business there would be no need for this thread
The truth is that girls are concerned about getting hitched when they approach a certain age and with time desperation sets in especially past 35.
People shouldn't act like it doesn't bother them,we know it does

LoL, you make me do that literally.
I presume you're married?
And early too?

I for one still maintain that it is her business as to why she is still single.........
For instance, anybody can talk about me on certain matters, but accept it or not, It's my life and in reality, none of my business what anyone thinks, except I choose to make it so.

I'd also like for you to take note of the words "Puzzle Out"

So people should wear ashes on their head and show the world how miserable they are because of an issue that they have?

Why?

So we can sympathize with them in front and at the back, we say all sorts of things against them.

My point is simple and I didn't make this thread because I wanted to reach out to the generalhood of the "beautiful" single ones. You misunderstood.

I had a particular set of people in mind while creating this thread and to those people I repeat:

There is a right time for everything under the sun
A time to love, a time to marry and be "kid-full"
Even if it feels like your time has passed, there's still hope for your future.
But until then:
Please!
Live!
Live your life.
What will be will be!
Stop seeing yourself as any less.
You are complete, you are whole
Your mind is the battlefield
You need to overcome certain thought patterns
You need to take charge of your life
Things can only get better for you from here on.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:23am On Sep 10, 2014
damselabi: Yea right...most ladies tink marriage is d ultimate n wen dey don't get a man dey fail to live or continue dia lives.N dey end up forcing it only to end up marrying wrongly, or bcoming second wives.Marriage is important. . yes bt it is nt d Ultimate.
Thanks for getting my point to a large extent.

Marriage is lovely.......and sacred.
Every girl wanna be married, and soon too......
But is it okay to loose ourselves, our being and our value just to clinch that trophy called "man"?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:37am On Sep 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Any girl who wan marry go marry

Marry Anybody.......

Or Marry Somebody?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:55am On Sep 10, 2014
pickabeau1:

Evulz
What's "Evulz"?
I've been meaning to ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Marry Non-Virgins / "From Tutorial To Alter"; Young Couple Set To Wed After 7 Years Of Dating. PICS / The Fate Of Ugly Girls In Nigeria + PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.