Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49773 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Hamatrony(m): 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
shocked wat a question....courtship or no courtship, I think it involves understanding btw d two parties; if they tink the tym is ryt 4 marriage, nothing should stop them, that is to say they both understand themselves within the period spent together and the tym is ryt to start living together as a full tym lovers grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?
4-5 yrs
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Freekid500(m): 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
It depend on how you understand your lover,some may say ok i will get married after 10 years
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Orikinla(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
kurt09:
It depends on the type of wife you want to marry. Like in University, some course will take you 4yrs while others 5 ,6yrs etc. Lol

*A virtuous woman(Scarce commodity) -6 months to 3yrs.

* Blackberry Woman(Pinging wife)- 2weeks - 3months

* Chinese Woman(Celebrity Type) 1week to 2months but they doesn't last(Google nollywood actress for more info.)

Oji oso agbakwuru ogu amaghi na ogu bu Onwu.

So true.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Suarezilla(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
For as long as both are comfortable with waiting
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by MadCow1: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?

There is no such thing as an ideal courting period..

And for this reason, your question has no right answer..
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by commited(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
It all depends on a lot of factors. Psychologically, emotionally, decisions, finance, indepencence, forebearing, forgiveness, forgetting your goal for a while for others, compromise, seeing the future etc. But it all depends on the two of you. You may be ready but is she ready. But in all of these, you need God not only to succeed but also to enjoy your marriage and home.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Superstar007(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
It is dependent on the reactants and the rate of the reaction so the time range may vary.
You know there is nothing like an ideal relationship so I can't really say because we're dealing with reality. But if a catalyst(like say the lady gets pregnant) is added to the reaction or the pressure increases(from family members and the likes) the reaction time will be shorten and product(marriage) is formed.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
A minimum of 2 years. I don't subscribe to the idea of marrying someone after dating for 2 months cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by shaynelifa(m): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
As long as you can wait.

I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next
Rili?? u re heading for destruction.... Anyways its ur choice. na onli u go face wetin u jam for d adventure.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Chidor6(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
@least 2 years undecided

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by timilehing(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as it takes both of u to figure things out
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by HARDDON: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?

as i would always say, in matters of the heart and head, to each his own!

there is no ideal time frame to get hooked. circumstances surrounding both parties, their state of mind and compatibility and the MAN(in him), all play major roles in dictating whether or not they hook......

hope ive been able to confuse you all?

Warm Regards then
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
As a guy you HAVE NO BUSINESS with marriage if you don't have any/either/all of the following

1.At least a 2 bedroom apartment

2.A steady income of not less than 100k(either cumulatively from other businesses or from one particular job/business

3. A car.

Now ofcourse the above listed just covers the "Tangible must have" for a guy before even dating, because any decent guy who wants to date a girl and not just spread his seed must have marriage at the back of his mind from the very time he asks "Would you be my girl"

If a guy can't tick atleast 2 of the check boxes above, especially 1 and 2,even if he's so old to the extent that his pubic hairs have become so grey and long, coming out through his trousers to clean his shoes.... He has no business with marriage.

I particularly chose to give my personal opinion on when I think a guy is ready for marriage, I didn't talk about the lady folk, because let's face it... A LADY IS ALWAYS READY FOR MARRIAGE

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Ladybluecash(f): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
It all depend on individuals and their age.. U dnt xpect a 30yrs old lady to b in a relatnship for 3-4yrs. Na swear she go giv u
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by JEITO: 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
There's no hard and fast rule to it. But I'll advise you not to get married, until:

1. You have a reason why you should marry

2. You have known your partner considerably and you are sure you can accomodate their "minuses"

3. You have found a void in that your partner that only you can feel or a need that only you can mee and vice versa. If there's none, it means you are not useful in that person's life.

I'll leave the rest for now...

NB: marriage is worth waiting for.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by amnestylaw1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
As long as you can wait.

I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next

Hmmm

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by frenddy6(m): 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next[/quote] Abeg help me c talk like mess. U get brain sef? Give beta pple wey wan comment chance jor! Mtchew!!!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Freshpage(m): 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
It depends on the mind-set and readiness of both parties. Hw can a man decides to marry a lady within just two weeks of knowing her? Wht does he knw abt? Wht is her past life? Wht is her background like?

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by tmanis(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
till the guy can save up for the bride price and the other items on the engagement list.....lol
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Freshpage(m): 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
shockwave91:
However long. Maybe even a dayundecided
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as you are both Physically, morally, spiritually, Faithfully, financially, and Truthfully ready to Live with that special and Unique Person for the rest of your Life.

There is always Individual Differences interms of the time limit...but mine cannot be less than 4 months, but maximum of 2years.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by mrgreen4real(m): 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Until you grow gray hair
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by nerodenero: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
After all, you aint naughty grin
naughtylagosguy:
I think it depends on the people involve and how they've grown mentally and spiritually.

What is ideal for a 25 year old lady might not be ideal for a 35 year old lady. A 25 year old lady can still date for like 2-3 years but that cannot be said of a 35 year old. Age also plays a role in determining how long people date before the get married.

The most important thing is how well you know your partner. You can date someone for 2-3 years and still have lots of differences whereas you can date someone for just 6 months and you within that 6 months you know that you guys are meant for each other.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 7:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
1one
post=27031895:

As a guy you HAVE NO BUSINESS with marriage if you don't
have any/either/all of the following

1.At least a 2 bedroom apartment

2.A steady income of not less than 100k(either cumulatively from other
businesses or from one particular job/business

3. A car.

Now ofcourse the above listed just covers the "Tangible must have" for a
guy before even dating, because any decent guy who wants to date a girl
and not just spread his seed must have marriage at the back of his mind
from the very time he asks "Would you be my girl"

If a guy can't tick atleast 2 of the check boxes above, especially 1 and
2,even if he's so old to the extent that his pubic hairs have become so
grey and long, coming out through his trousers to clean his shoes....
He has no business with marriage.

I particularly chose to give my personal opinion on when I think a guy
is ready for marriage, I didn't talk about the lady folk, because let's
face it... A LADY IS ALWAYS READY FOR MARRIAGE

Bro!!, That your last statemnt is absolutely wrong.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by CodeHouse: 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
There is no such thing as ideal relationship, just like love, it is relative.

A relationship that is 6 years old does not guarantee a blissful marriage. One could start a relationship and get married after 6months and then have a golden marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wen u r not shy to mes s in front f each oda den u guys r redy
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by man19king(m): 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
mistayeancah:
Marriage is beyond human comprehension. except one understand what God has ordain for him.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Triplegrace: 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
What is marriage is a thing of the mind life long relationship instituted by God, in my option I will comment that an ideal relations viod of pretence shuld be at list two months then the third month marital right formalised and ties the not forever that's my stand when it comes to dating
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by samseen02(m): 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
I think it depends on the Man
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by qreese: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Reside with ur would be wife or husband for 21 days at a stretch and u will discovery details about one another. It will help u know each others' differences like
1. She cooks well
2. Her sleeping habit
3. Her kitchen habit
4. Can she manage the home within limited means
Her relationship with ur friends
Her relationship with neighbour. In short, u can access each other within this period. If u guys can endure each other within this 21 days, u can go ahead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.