Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,276 members, 7,867,725 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

1metre's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1metre's Profile / 1metre's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 28 pages)

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Italian Girl Refused Job Because She Has A Nigerian Fiance by 1metre: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
D lady is really in love. #kudos

Abeg don't mind the shopkeeper, let him eat his job
forget love thing she is defending her right.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: Remembering Samuel Okwaraji: 28 Years After (PHOTOS) by 1metre: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2017
Emvicprints1:
thinking out loud if we don't come out what of their wife and children
their wives and children do not represent the total population of Nigeria.
Politics / Re: Resign If You’re Not Strong Enough, Bishops, Others Tell Buhari by 1metre: 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2017
Angelparadise:
That is what Nigerians are expecting from a man of integrity.
which integrity a corrupt mind fighting corruption in a broadday light with a lantern undecided
Politics / Re: Resign If You’re Not Strong Enough, Bishops, Others Tell Buhari by 1metre: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Factfinder1:
Even tho buhari is fed up and wants to resign wicked,greedy and heartless cabals would prefer he dies hanging on to power than honorably resign....Nigeria can be great Nigeria can be changed and developed to a first class world standard 1st class country but greed and self-centeredness won't allow if our top politicians have been travelling out of this country for ages and seeing better life,24/7 electricity and orderliness in other countries why can't they bring their experience home and recreate it...we need a revolution in this country and as I said yesterday am looking forward to forming a group that would be aimed at assassinating all this old fools holding Nigeria backwards, obj,ibori,tinubu,talba,buhari,saraki,Gabriel suswam,abachas family,atiku,amechi,
if u are forming such group, do not hesitate to contact me. i am ever ready to stand for any individual or group of persons who have the liver to call for a total mass eradication of all political office holders present and past who have contributed to demise this great country. our leaders are wicked.
Sports / Re: Remembering Samuel Okwaraji: 28 Years After (PHOTOS) by 1metre: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
lilwheezy1:
lilwheezy1:
Nigerian youths we need to wake up , 2019 is around the corner, we should not allow these old fools take us for a ride anymore, APC , PDP or whatever they want to call themselves this time, year in year out the looters change but the looting continues, people in Buhari's govt are exposing people that stole in GEJ's govt while they are secrectly doing the thier own looting at the moment , We should change our mindset and stop supporting them, we should let them know that we are no more fools, They know our problems, all we ask for is 24 hours power supply, good roads, formidable health sector & clean water, and finally a good economy for our buisnesses to trive, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ,IS THAT TOO HARD TO ACCOMPLISH , despite all our wealth , NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE SAYING NO MORE.

N.B: This is not sponsored, this is coming from a concerned nigerian that is tired of things going on the same way since primary school days, i just want my children to be brought up in a better Nigeria .

Thank you
I support u. i wish on the election day no one will come out. lets address our issues first before going to the poll. we cant continue like this. every day in this country 'obi is a boy, when is obi going to mature to a man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: "Buhari Has Been Fulfilling His Campaign Promises" - Lai Mohammed by 1metre: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
Even the bible warned us about APC, but we obviously don't read our bible.

Open to Proverbs 24 vs 21 & 22...

"21: My son, fear the Lord, and fear the king as well; do not associate
with those that say 'CHANGE'

"22: For their calamity comes quickly.....and the disaster they both may bring

1 Like 1 Share

Family / Re: You Want To Have Sex With Your Wife & She Is Pressing Her Phone (Photo) by 1metre: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2017
it can only happen to 1minute men undecided
Crime / Re: Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's London Properties by 1metre: 5:18am On Aug 12, 2017
Zico5:
Ha! Haba! And some misguided youths who could not afford 100 megabites to browse will come here to support this bastard thief. I pray that the ailment this woman is faking in London shall be the portion of anyone supporting her henceforth.
is there any difference between this woman and James ibori? This mother is the biggest thief of all time.
Crime / Re: ‘I Bought Human Heart For N10,000 For Good Luck Charm’ (pic) by 1metre: 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
Modsenemy:
Oh lawd, the flaties are coming for us cry
the guilty are afraid grin

1 Like

Food / Re: Dog Market In Ghana (pics, Video) by 1metre: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
claremont:

Fall sick from eating dogs?!

In China, rats and grasshoppers are a delicacy.
God created everything as food for mankind.
Food / Re: Dog Market In Ghana (pics, Video) by 1metre: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
Tapout:
when they fall sick now, their village people will become responsible for it grin .... Una weh done
dog meat is medicinal tongue
Car Talk / Re: Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video) by 1metre: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2017
[quote author=Zeze06 post=59348047]Please, look for your family land and sell, get some money and move yourself to Korea or US where you may have a chance to survive...

Nigeria will kill your talent and if you are not lucky, kill you and I bet u that's not the worst that can happen... cry[/quoteThis is how government of Nigeria killed the dreams of Dr.Ezekiel Izuogu through their strategic policy of hate syndrome. Dr.Ezekiel Izuogu: How the Izubogu Z-600 dream was destroyed by Nigerian government simple because he is an Igbo man. In 1997, a brilliant Igbo Electrical Engineer and Lecturer at the Federal polytechnic Nekede, Dr. Ezekiel Izuogu designed and developed the Izuogu Z-600, the first African indigenous manufactured car. The car was described by the BBC as 'the African dream machine' as 90% of its parts were sourced locally. At a projected sales cost of $2000 dollars, it would have taken the world by storm and become the cheapest and most affordable car on earth. With mass production planned under Izuogu Motors plant in Naze owerri, the prospects of an industrial revolution in Igbo land and Nigeria, was in the making. The car was equipped with self made 1.8L four cylinder engine that got 18mpg and allowed the car to achieve a top speed of 140 km/h. Front Wheel Drive (RWD) because a transmission tunnel, which RWD would require, would be more expensive to fabricate.
So 90% of the car's components were made locally. Late General Sani Abacha set up a 12 man panel of inquiry made of professionals to ascertain the road worthiness and authenticity of the car and after several days of probing, the committee gave Dr. Izuogu's car s clean bill of health recommending that some of the bumps on the body of the car be smoothened. It is worthy to note that this was five years before India build their first car known as the Indi.

At a well organized unveiling ceremony which Late General Abacha represented by Oladipo Diya, over 20 foreign ambassadors and thousand of people in attendance, the Federal government promised a grant of 235 million naira to Dr.Izuogu.
An excited Dr. Izuogu is still waiting for that grant till today. No dime was released to him. In 2006, the government of South African invited Dr.Izuogu to do a presentation about the car in the presence of several world class engineers. Being impressed with his presentation, they invited him to come and set up a plant in South Africa and begin the production of the car.
Dr. Izuogu reluctantly agreed, though he wasn't happy that the benefits of employment generation will be lost on the locals of Naze and the Nigerian human resources environment. On Saturday the 11th of March 2006, at about 2:00am, a total of about 12 heavily armed men broke into Dr.Izuogu's factory in Naze and carted away various machines and tools including the design history notebook of Z-600, the design file Z-MASS, containing the design history for mass production of Z-600 car, and the moulds for various parts of the car;

According to Dr.Izuogu:
"It seems that the target of this robbery is to stop the efforts we are making to mass-produce the first ever locally made car in Africa. Other items stolen included locally produced timing wheel, locally produced camshaft, locally produced crankshaft, locally produced engine tappets, all 20 pieces each. Also stolen were ten pieces of locally produced Z-600 engine blocks, Ten pieces of the locally produced pistons, four pieces of engine block mounds, four of top engine block moulds, ten pieces of engine fly wheel and two pieces each of ear car and front mudguard moulds. 'The inventor regretted that not only did they lose over one N1 billion in monetary terms, but also times (about 10 years) and the energy it took to design and produces the moulds. "To worsen the matter, our design notebook was also stolen", he stated.

He regarded the incident as a national economic disaster because the nation had lost a technological and intellectual property. The setback and governments attitude frustrated Izuogu and his dream died.]

1 Like

Crime / Re: Man Caught While Trying To Rape 6-year-old Girl In An Uncompleted Building.PICS by 1metre: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
This guy is a nairalander from the south
Sports / Re: Rashidat Yemisi Rashidi Yekini Graduates From De Montfort University UK (Pics) by 1metre: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
nero2face:
Naya o, but Rashidi's mother has been selling bread and pufpuf, how come de daughter graduated from UK, ayam not understanding
i think am starting to detest every news i see online as being incorrect. am shocked to hear Rashidi having a daughter in a UK university while some corpers are clamouring to rebuilt his graveside claiming the poor nature of the family.
Politics / Re: Osinbajo Orders 24 Hours Power Supply For Ariaria Market Aba by 1metre: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
amzee:

You guys are never contented atall. If he ordered for road constructions you will still complain of electricity(power) supply.
I tire for una sef.
being objective saves illogical reasoning. Is only in Nigeria people tackle problems haphazardly. If a tree is affected by viruses, u do not go by cutting the branches to alleviate the problem rather u try by sorting the issue from the root. By so doing u hv succeeded in identifying the chief cause of the problem.
Politics / Re: Osinbajo Orders 24 Hours Power Supply For Ariaria Market Aba by 1metre: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2017
amzee:
After now, Yeebos will start insulting Afonjas.
Afonja ordered for 24hour power supply in Ariaria market.
Afonjas are the BEST.
FTC by the way.
ariria market need good access road around its environ. There is need to develop ariria to international standard. That is what is needed there for now not 24hrs power while the area is in shambles
Health / Re: Mad Man Drinking Beer In Imo State (Photos) by 1metre: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't trust these mad people.
A true mad person will not drink beer.

That man you see there could have as much as 5 storey buildings somewhere in Onitsha.

The average mad man in Nigeria is either an informant, an arms/drugs dealer or a human parts seller.
you got it right. I don't see that nigga as a mad man. Maybe he is on national service for madness, after serving he gonna become a millionaire overnight.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Shina Peller Visits & Greets Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by 1metre: 4:02am On Jul 29, 2017
0b100100111:
Yoruba's re endowed with rich culture, tradition and respect to crown it all

Unlike those that wake-up there elders with a kick
just simply say igbo enweghi eze. that constitute to a certain degree the problem of igbos today.
Celebrities / Re: Shina Peller Visits & Greets Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi (Photos) by 1metre: 3:59am On Jul 29, 2017
Agimor:
Some persons will call a form of respect, but when they see Catholics doing same the statue of the blessed virgin Mary they tagged it has worship. Double standard.
nice talk bro
Education / Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by 1metre: 3:18am On Jul 29, 2017
lilzcee:
What of me that is a failure? The only hope I have now is to reapply for jamb, school waited for 2weeks to exam time before releasing last semester result, cry am a complete meaning of what oxford dictionary defines as a failure, am cursed choi cry I want to die
read your book and stop playing u will pass jamb. Your case is what normally happen when u combine academics with moonlight play.
Culture / Re: Oba Rasheed Akanbi's Swag As He Steps Out For An Event (Photos) by 1metre: 3:09am On Jul 29, 2017
KELVINXY:
Big up young king

Enjoy ur youth days

Ps:don't know why this lady above me is hating
So any young person living lavishly is into yahoo yahoo?? Not to talk of a king

Change ur mindset plz
she is right, with money u can buy a whole kingdom esp in this present dispensation.
Politics / Re: Profile Of Dr Thomas-Wilson Ikubese: Nigerian 2019 Presidential Aspirant by 1metre: 2:55am On Jul 29, 2017
dessz:
lol... even an ediot knows 9ja belongs to APC or PDP. the rest are just doing it for doing sake.naija has now become a 2 party democracy politicking

its sad but its the truth
but what hv we gained from the two political system? Corruption, man inhumanity to his fellow man, embezzlement of public funds, poor social amenities and a whole of other vices. Don't u think this is a time for a total renaissance, a rebirth, emancipation period, a period for a meaningful life. Let there be a rethink. PDP AND APC hv failed us from inception to date. Is it not time we give room for more vibrant opposition?
Travel / Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by 1metre: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol this can never happen in a sane environment. The driver will be taking to psychiatric hospital for instant checkup

It's difficult to video such vehicle on top speed ma'm
very much on point, look like the car is stationary
Car Talk / Re: Made-In-Nigeria Hybrid Electric Car Unveiled In Abuja (Photos) by 1metre: 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
2horsePOWER:
FTC finally grin
after trying very hard for almost 2 DECADES now. grin
I dedicate this to all 400lvl unilag building students(THE ENCLAVED) currently on SIWES.
BTW
I'm looking any recognised NGO or youth oriented organisation I can join or volunteer in.
anybody with any info or link pls kindly drop a mssg on WhatsApp
08159272100 or PM me.
Thanks.
Now back to the topic.
its a nice development, we can't start comparing our country wth the Japan,China, US and the rest
they are 'developed' countries we are just 'developing'..one step at a time
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
we will surely get thr..
this your FTC is completely senseless. So your hopeless leaders are trying by stealing the money for 'developing' Nigeria and hide them in 'developed' countries like Japan, China and US? I wonder when u will get there.
Career / Re: The New Girl I hired Keeps A Frown Whenever She Brings Anything To Me.(photos) by 1metre: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2017
This op funny. U employed a domestic worker in your office for 15k? grin a teenage girl for that matter, and u are here claiming u don't hv a bad intention for her. The girl is smart to hv read your body language on her first day of resumption.better discharge the little girl immediately let her hv peace.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Kate Owoko Builds Floating Toilet In Bayelsa. Invites Press To Commission It by 1metre: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
hmmm. i weep for this country.
Education / Re: Adeleke University, Ede In Pictures by 1metre: 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
policy12:

Na rubber chair dem dey rake sit like say na party dem dey.
take am easy na grin
Religion / Re: Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo by 1metre: 11:48am On Jul 18, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
These Mbaise people are nothing but shame, they are the worst set of Igbos anytime anyday
tell me one good reason to condemn the entire mbaise nation. Hope u know that not all of them are catholic.
Health / Re: South African Hospital Frustrated Effort To Save Calabar Electrocution Victim by 1metre: 11:13am On Jul 17, 2017
Lionessza:

Hopefully one day you will learn to write something that makes sense.
and u commented on a senseless mention, showing your level of senselessness
Health / Re: South African Hospital Frustrated Effort To Save Calabar Electrocution Victim by 1metre: 10:47am On Jul 17, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, you are truly special.
like say gossip don dey hungry u, smiley
Health / Re: South African Hospital Frustrated Effort To Save Calabar Electrocution Victim by 1metre: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, what a nice come back grin grin.
i should be telling u that undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 28 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.