Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

1oak's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1oak's Profile / 1oak's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 1oak: 10:36am On Oct 04, 2022
I believe you need to have at least 6 months left on your current passport.

Iruobe1987:
PLEASE HELP!
Can I travel to UK with a passport that expires in February 2023?
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1oak: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yes I have been to the UK before.

tommby:

Congratulations. Have you travelled to the UK before?
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1oak: 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2022
Visa Alert!!
Two years visiting visa (keep my passport)
Biometrics- 15/03/2022
Sent email to UKVI- 04/04/2022 , Decision made, wait 10 working days for email to submit passport, I didn’t wait 10 days went to TLS ikeja the next day.
Passport ready for collection- 07/04/2022
Picked up- 08/04/2022.

I’m a Self employed, business man (not married), I use my personal account for my business (no company account). Invoice, one landed property (just the deed), cac documents, personal income tax, business photos, family photos, business invoice. Goodluck all.

8 Likes

Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1oak: 2:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please for those that used keep my passport option, how long did it take to get your passport back after submitting passport to TLS. Also if they ask to submit your passport is that a positive sign for approval?
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1oak: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello please I got this email after sending paid mail to UKVI. I noticed people that used the keep my passport option have gone to TLS with the printed copy of the letter they got. I did keep my passport option too, so I’m wondering if I should just wait for 10 working days or just go to TLS. Has anyone been in the same situation before or has an opinion to share ? Thanks

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 1oak: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hello all, please can anybody kindly advise.
I got my study permit approval after a long wait, but I’ve deferred my admission to January next year, I intend to visit Canada in July/August for a family function. Is it advisable to apply for a visit visa ? Thank you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1oak: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello all please what’s the process for getting passport stamped after PPR. And which is the fastest right now Lagos or Abuja? Need an answer please thank you.
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1oak: 7:34pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hello all, please how does the keep my passport option work ? I want to apply for a visa but will need my passport for other things. Need an answer please
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1oak: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Please what’s the fastest way to get passport stamped now ? And how do I go about it. Thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 1oak: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
Wheeew !! I have not been here in many months, initially started following this group in 2020, got my first refusal December 2020, reapplied again got another refusal in May 2021. I was refused for purpose of visit, and the other reasons I can’t remember twice. I decided to give it a 3rd shot in July 2021 although I lost interest and someone in this group that I contacted (one of the popular ones that help people write LOE/SOP for a fee) at the time wrote me off after I told them about my case and what I wanted to do, this person killed my morale that there was a high chance I’ll not get the study permit, he refunded me and I went on to do it myself without any agent. That being said I am very grateful to those that were really contributing on this group between 2020 and 2021, most importantly God bless @frankrobbn1, he helped me indirectly by telling me what to add to my LOE after I posted my refusal notes here. Also many thanks to everyone that share their approval and refusal. I’ll like to add that if you’ve been delayed please don’t give up, you can always give it another chance if you wish. Every knowledge about Canada study permit application I know today was gotten from this group…also some people are really vocal here while some people are shy, please if you have any questions feel free to ask there are knowledgeable people here who are happy to help.

It took 9 whole months for PPR to arrive…. I don forget say I get Canada visa application sef �. All thanks to God, thanks to the 2020/ early 2021 set of this group.

36 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1oak: 10:17am On Sep 10, 2021
Good morning all please I still need answers to this urgently . Thank you!

1oak:
Hello all please if someone is going to the uk for visit, do they have to book a hotel for quarantine, or can they stay with a family friend who’s willing to accommodate and feed them during their stay. Will this matter if they used hotel reservations to get their visa, Is it okay to say they’ll be staying with a family friend instead of hotel at the point of entry ?
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1oak: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
Thanks for your response, I don’t think I’ve come across anything like this on this part 4 thread, I’ll be glad if you can kindly point it out to me. Thank you

Tutu82:

Hi.Read older replies this issue has been treated extensively.
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1oak: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Hello all please if someone is going to the uk for visit, do they have to book a hotel for quarantine, or can they stay with a family friend who’s willing to accommodate and feed them during their stay. Will this matter if they used hotel reservations to get their visa, Is it okay to say they’ll be staying with a family friend instead of hotel at the point of entry ?
Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1oak: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2021
Oggg:
u need transit visa to use klm

Travel / Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1oak: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hello all, please do travelers with uk tourist visa wanting to travel to the uk through KLM need a an airport transit visa ? Please I want to be sure before booking KLM. Thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by 1oak: 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hello all, please I have an ongoing application, and I just got my uk visa approval , as at the time of applying I didn’t have the uk visa, so I only showed my passport pages with UAE travel stamps. Do I need to let them know about the new visa or there’s no need for that ?

1 Like 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 1oak: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hello all, please if a persons SP was refused, do they have to do another Medicals after they submitted and passed the previous Medicals. Refusal was November 2020, and they want to reapply this month, February 2021. ?? Thank you.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello all I’m trying to book a date for the computer based IELTS test for a friend, but it keeps redirecting the test center to Ogudu, but he wants yaba. Please has anyone else experienced this recently? Thank you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
Thanks a lot for this !! I’ll definitely give it another shot, and take all you’ve advised. Thank you so much.

Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear about the outcome of your application. Given that your application was refused based on your purpose of visit to Canada, I will suggest that you put more effort in constructing a persuasive and concise SOP/LOE that will demonstrate that you're a bona-fide applicant and would depart upon the completion of your studies.

The Letter of Explanation should extensively and convincingly explain the lucrativeness and reasonableness of such program (BSc in Business Administration) in your home country considering it's exorbitant tuition fees. If it is financially rewarding back here in Nigeria that can offest the cost of the program in Canada. The range of opportunities the program in Canada will bring to you as a person. What you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. Since you claim to have a registered and functioning business, you should clearly state that this business is of utmost importance to you, and going to Canada is solely to advance your career prospects so you could expand your business into a global brand. More importantly, you should emphasize on the difference you will make when you return to your country e.g you being a business consultant in the long-term by providing critical business solutions to multinational companies and government as well as using your business for creation of wide range of employment opportunities for teeming youths in your home country etc...

I hope this information helps. Also, order for your GCMS notes, so we could have a clearer picture about your refusal.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 3:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Thanks for your response , Can I get someone with Canadian PR or citizenship to order the gcms note for me or have to do it myself?

habimbolar:
GCMS note will take up to 25-30 days at least
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
Will look into that, please is there a way to get gcms notes as quick as possible? Thank you

habimbolar:
Pls try and get your GCMS note first then you know the next step to take
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Congratulations to everyone who has successfully gotten their study permit approved. I’m a late September applicant and got refused yesterday. All appropriate documents submitted, two pages sop which I believe was solid enough, 26 years old, applied for another Bsc, I have a a first degree in tourism management which I never used for work, I’m fully into business now, and I applied for a Bsc in Business administration, I showed all my business documents and sponsors documents. I am willing to reapply again and possibly defer my admission till Spring 2021, please how soon should I reapply. Also I already passed Medicals for this current application will I need to do another Medicals I wish to get the study permit on my second trial . Thank you.

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ikeja Lagos

iampaulsmith:
You will have to raise a webform and scan the e-medical information sheet given to you to ircc. You can send the webform to Nairobi, Beijing, Accra and Lagos since you are not sure of where your application is being reviewed. For example just google IRCC nairobi webform, you will see the webform. Fill it and upload the scan document.

I also did my medical exam 2days ago at IOM Lagos, where did you do your test?

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hello all I did an upfront Medicals three days ago, and I got this text from IOM
“ Dear Applicant. This is to inform you that your health case has been submitted to the embassy.IOM,LAGOS ”
Please do I have to wait for the Medicals to show on my GC key profile or I can forward the Medicals sheet I got from Iom to them. Thank you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Good evening all, please I had my upfront Medicals done today. What do I do next ? So they can have it ahead .
September applicant.
Thank you
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Late September

[BBB be quote author=mankind5050 post=96144011]Please when did you submit your application?[/quote]
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2020
thanks for helping, actually, I submitted two accounts Ecobank personal account (which has the more funds) and Zenith Bank (company account). But when I walked into both banks branch they said they didn’t know what that is. So just confused

fratermathy:

If you have an online banking account, you can generate it from there. For Zenith Bank, you can even generate it from your mobile application.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Please how do I generate Mybankstatement from Ecobank and Zenith bank in my area don’t seem to know what it is when I walked in. Please is there a particular way to generate Mybankstatement?

fratermathy:

They've started Nigeria Student Express? That's interesting. Based on what is here, you have to generate a MyBankStatement ticket with proof of finance for one year and then enroll for IELTS. However, as this is a choice, you could opt for normal processing.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2020
Thank you, but I didn’t ask for any student express, why do you see the need to opt for normal processing ?
How do I get the Mybankstatement ticket ? Is there a need to add more money to the account like 2-3m ?

fratermathy:

They've started Nigeria Student Express? That's interesting. Based on what is here, you have to generate a MyBankStatement ticket with proof of finance for one year and then enroll for IELTS. However, as this is a choice, you could opt for normal processing.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 10:36am On Nov 12, 2020
Late September.

kelvine95:

When did you apply please??
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2020
Good morning all, please I need help on how to go about this, I saw this on my portal this morning, although I have a waiver for IELTS, how do I go about the Mybankstatement stuff, I submitted 4 months account statements from two banks (personal and business account) . SP application is for a 4 years bsc program. Thank you.

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello All, been following this thread for a while, please my brother didn’t include the police character certificate when he applied and they haven’t asked for it yet. Please does anyone know if theres anyway he can upload this document? Online application. Thank you

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.