Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,156 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (34338 Views)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga / Sleeping Position On Bed Threatens Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Misogynist2014(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

aren't roles similar to sexism and gender stereotyping?

since roles are what you're supposed to do; your duties as a man or a woman.
cheesy
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Ok. Let's look at it like that then. Equal things that have different functions. Besides man and woman, can you give any other examples of things that are equal but have different functions?
Why would I go outside man and woman? I don't know any other thing that practices sexism.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by holatin(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
uumm:

so you are of the opinion that there's hierarchy in God's kingdom, and yet you ask the same God to bless a fellow in the same school of thought?. Ok.

@topic, I know one or two people who'll have one or two things to say.
Tackle what he said first
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by ihedinobi2: 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Why would I go outside man and woman? I don't know any other thing that practices sexism.
So the only examples in nature that you can give for things that are equal but different in function are man and woman. Because obviously, I didn't ask for examples of sexism, just for an illustration of the idea that two things can be equal and different in function at the same time.

I think that that is very telling, don't you? That "equal but different in roles/functions" only comes into existence when people start talking about men and women. What are the chances then that the idea that two things can be equal and have different roles is actually true? Judging by your response, extremely slim to none, is what they would seem to be.

It's a false argument, in conclusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by 5minsmadness: 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
OliviaPope:

The OP is confused.

Nobody said Marriage was bad.
Marriage is sexist.
Sexism involves TWO sexes.
When two people of the same sèx decide to get married, equality wouldn't be an issue
This is where you are so wrong.

Before you say anything, I have encountered a lesbian couple(though not in Nigeria). I can tell you right now that one of the females was the dominant partner while the other was submissive(playing the wifely role and allowing the other make most of the choices).

If the dominant female happens to be a wicked and domineering person then the submissive female will still suffer and we'll be right back in square one. The real solution is to teach the dominant partner the right way to handle things.

Feminism is of the devil, don't be deceived by its 'noble intentions' packaging.

6 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Mintayo(m): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

Correction.

Feminism is from the devil.
Exactly. Femisnism is satan's way of twisting God's plan for marriage.
The devil knows that once the family is down,the nation and subsequently the world is down. Femisnism is what a lady without humility uses to dissolve her marriage.
Yes God created man and woman but they were not equally,even before the fall,Adam was given a seperate role and responsibilty from the woman.
Also God did not creat eve the same way he created adam,adam was created independently from the dust,eve was created from Adam's rib-this has a lot of meaning for a thinking mind.
The Devil knows this,hence his idea of feminism to twart God's plan, it was the thought of equality or femisnism that He used to bring eve down. Eve wanted equality,not only with God but with Adam. This brought their fall,same will happen to any lady that builds her home on the foundation of feminism.

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by zeongeon: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
Satan deceiving women from the beginning of time...satan still wants to use women to destroy the institution of marriage...what other prove do we want again before we believe feminism has satanic agenda's.

Well feminist of NL hope u pple now see u have been supporting and working hand in hand with the devil all this while

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

So the only examples in nature that you can give for things that are equal but different in function are man and woman. Because obviously, I didn't ask for examples of sexism, just for an illustration of the idea that two things can be equal and different in function at the same time.

I think that that is very telling, don't you? That "equal but different in roles/functions" only comes into existence when people start talking about men and women. What are the chances then that the idea that two things can be equal and have different roles? Judging by your response, extremely slim to none, is what they would seem to be.

Lemme help her out, 2.5 and 2,1/2 are equal.

However, fractions are more precise and they give a more accurate representation than decimals.
That means fractions are superior, even though decimals are useful. cheesy

I'm not sure it's possible for two things to be equal and different at the same time. Even if it's by a little itty bit, one of them has to have an edge, realistically.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by freecocoa(f): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I think that that is very telling, don't you? That "equal but different in roles/functions" only comes into existence when people start talking about men and women. What are the chances then that the idea that two things can be equal and have different roles is actually true? Judging by your response, extremely slim to none, is what they would seem to be.

Let's say we can't find things that are equal with different roles besides human, who's to say that, that's not the way it was supposed to be? Do we need to find things(inanimate, I'd like to think)equal with the same functions before we agree that a man and woman can be equal with different roles? Educate me.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Huffington: 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

Let my gender not deceive you. I'm much a male. I will see my future wife as equal to me.

Gender equality depends on the heart of any man not a general thingy for all men.
So you are male posing as female kwo?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Huffington:
So you are male posing as female kwo?
So?

I have the right to put any gender I feel like....

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by pamcode(m): 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

the same bible says....

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve." (1 Tim. 2:12-13).

there's hierarchy or seniority in God's kingdom!

actually that paul'as idea that women should not be allowed to talk among men in church but should ask her husband.I disagree though

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
dicefrost:

Please please stop quoting the bible out of context! The marriage arrangement is carefully spelt out in the bible, the man is the head of the family. It is not a democracy. If you don't like it, then don't marry, or better still find a man who shares your 'belief'

Can you quote where I said a husband is the head or the wife is the tail?

Have I referenced marriage in this thread so far undecided

Please and please

Modified: I can see it is on FP
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by hensben(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
FrancisTony:

Let my gender not deceive you. I'm much a male. I will see my future wife as equal to me.

Gender equality depends on the heart of any man not a general thingy for all men.
i for say, when you turn woman?...ok na ur gf/wife dey ur profile pic grin
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by lilmax(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
naijababe:

To the best of my understanding, marriage demeans women according to feminists! Why would they be a part of an instituition that they claim add more chains to their already shackled selves ? undecided
this is sweet I swear grin
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by pamcode(m): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:
Once again, the devil at work through his associates. Destroy marriage, destroy the family unit, destroy mankind.
Actually i wont blame this on the devil feminism came about as a result of abuse of power by men and oppression of womenfolk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
hensben:
i for say, when you turn woman?...ok na ur gf/wife dey ur profile pic grin
Lol. No. A friend though!
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

What was the context in those places you mentioned, bukatyne?

I believe it was Priscilla and Aquilla. Both of them. Is it a far-fetched assumption that it was Aquilla's authority supported by his wife rather than an idea of the woman's exercise of authority parallel to her husband?

Sorry I was referencing Priscilla to Coogar who said women should not talk. Sometimes, she was placed before her husband: I am very sure if she did not teach or preach, therewill be no rreference to her afterall, the Bible never said.Peter and his wife nor did the Bible rreference Jesus early father Joseph. There was no famzing in there and if you were active, you were.

Lol! of Priscilla supporting her husband 's authority. Deborah was also supporting her husband's ministry grin
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

Lemme help her out, 2.5 and 2,1/2 are equal.

However, fractions are more precise and they give a more accurate representation than decimals.
That means fractions are superior, even though decimals are useful. cheesy

I'm not sure it's possible for two things to be equal and different at the same time. Even if it's by a little itty bit, one of them has to have an edge, realistically.

Going by this, everyone has an edge over everyone else. Practically, no two people are the same; science tells us that even identical twins did not have the same DNA.

What will be determining factor of the edge?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2014
lilmax:
always surprised when bukatyne talks about feminism with the bible and she knows it doesn't encourage it... It's either you accept it or become an atheist

Feminists said there is no head in the house that all are equal but the bible says man is the head,a leader....arguing feminism using the bible is foolishness

Just seeing this
Can you point where the Bible said the women are inferior or north equal to men?

Secondly, my first post was correcting the OP as to what he was referencing.

I have still not read the OP; made that disclaimer in my first post.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
coogar:

God's original plan was for man & woman to leave in peace & harmony. eve welcomed a 3rd party that lured her to disobey God & she fell......she then lured her hubby to do the same & he fell.

if christ died to remove the curse, why do you still go through pain during childbirth? why do men & women still have to toil to make a living? curse removed? you must be having a laugh. until you can scoop out a baby easily like you're taking a pee, the curse or the punishment still hovers mankind.

we shall see who's trolling in the next bible passage:

To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."(Genesis 3:16)

now, who's trolling? grin

Biko read your Bible and let me be.

Romans stated that as long as we are in this body, we will still experience some pains so what's the P?
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Timmytimmy: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

The same Bible said we should not build balconies, wear clothes with mixed material (90% cotton, 10% wool), practice mixed cropping etc.

We should learn to understand the context per scripture

Acquilla taught Apollos the scriptures; she also taught with her husband in the synagogue

Besides, that particular scripture the OP referenced did not back up whatever he was proposing.

Ok then, whatever makes you sleep @ night cheesy

Stop trying to produce more misunderstanding of the issue by trying to place the Old Testament against the New Testament. They don't run against each other. They never will. Analyses of such nature is why many other World Religions keep disrespecting the NT. You talked about context, you don't sound like you're trying to obey the rule with what you wrote. I am not anti-feminist, I don't just feel comfortable with Christians using the Bible wrongly.

@Topic, we cannot argue or discuss this issue until the Point of View we are to take is clear. Should we debate from a Christian perspective or a Secular perspective?

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by hensben(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Let's say we can't find things that are equal with different roles besides human, who's to say that, that's not the way it was supposed to be? Do we need to find things(inanimate, I'd like to think)equal with the same functions before we agree that a man and woman can be equal with different roles? Educate me.
ignorance! pls can you tell me why God created/made Eve from Adam's rib? why not directly created like Adam....

Devil using women to destroy mankind since time of Eve.

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
5minsmadness:

So go to the source of the problem. Teach the men to be real men; responsible, loving, supportive, custodians and protectors of their families.

Making a woman change her nature from kind and caring to selfish, self-centred(this especially) and un-nurturing all in the name of feminism is not the answer.

I am yet to see a happily married feminist.

Lol! @ your last paragraph

You must done one hell of a survey.

Weldone

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Going by this, everyone has an edge over everyone else. Practically, no two people are the same; science tells us that even identical twins did not have the same DNA.

What will be determining factor of the edge?

I'm not going down to individuals. I'm talking about groups. In this case, men versus women. Fractions versus decimals.

Sometimes fractions are exactly equal to decimals. 2.5 and 2,1/2 for example.

However, 0.333 and 1/3 will never be equal. 1/3 is superior.

So, generally, fractions are superior.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
No feminists on my side why? Its only on NL I see dem through their comments may be they practice it only on NL.

3 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
ihedinobi2:

12 * 1 = 6 * 2 = 3 * 4

Well well

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by Timmytimmy: 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
freecocoa:

Can you define equality in terms that are different from the obvious(ie quantified units) without talking about roles?

In case you are trying to think a way out of this, lemme try to produce an escape route.

I really think that the fact that we talk about who is more important and who is more Superior as human beings is an injustice in itself.

2 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by BABE3: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

12 * 1 = 6 * 2 = 3 * 4

Well well

Prove that 6*2 and 3*4 have different roles. grin

4 Likes

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

I'm not going down to individuals. I'm talking about groups. In this case, men versus women. Fractions versus decimals.

Sometimes fractions are exactly equal to decimals. 2.5 and 2,1/2 for example.

However, 0.333 and 1/3 will never be equal. 1/3 is superior.

So, generally, fractions are superior.

What makes 0.333 inferior? I can't remember the last time I wrote in fraction

Down to groups, what if the determining factor is child birthing abilities?

You believe males are superior, what edge do they have overwomen?

1 Like

Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by kaboninc(m): 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
mutter:

What I have problem with is men who think that because they are men they can`t work under a woman or take instruction from her. Even when they have no choice you can smell the rebellion inside of them.
wink

I personally do not have any problem working under a woman. But I have a great problem when a woman always want to tell me she's the boss but refuses to take responsibilities for actions that either she's aware or happened under her direct watch.
Re: View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. by bukatyne(f): 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2014
BABE3:

Prove that 6*2 and 3*4 have different roles. grin

If we denote them a and b, the y will definitely have different roles.

Would you say x is greater than a?

x is the favourite for algebra; a is the favorite for factorization.

So so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / I Have Phobia For Pregnant Women. / Could My Wife Be Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.