Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

He Does Not Give Me Gifts? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Does Not Give Me Gifts? (7211 Views)

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / 10 Gifts To Get For Your Lady This Valentine Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

thanks eveyone.

karmamod do you really think if i stop having sex with him he will begin giving gifts?

And when you start giving him sex because he is buying you gifts, you become a prostitute!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Moonstone(f): 5:31am On Dec 23, 2008
NaJa HaJe:

Are you STUPID?  this is just a silly thread
I warned her not to listen to karmamod.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:36am On Dec 23, 2008
johnnygan:

lol, so u agree

agree to what? thats if you were talking to me

michelin89:

And when you start giving him sex because he is buying you gifts, you become a prostitute!

Simple!

Moonstone:

I warned her not to listen to karmamod.

na wa, hia!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 5:37am On Dec 23, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

thanks eveyone.

karmamod do you really think if i stop having sex with him he will begin giving gifts?

Just saying most Naija guys know that in order to get sex from Naija chick, you had better start putting some "gifts" down.  grin

Im not telling you to become a ho ooo  tongue

Seriously though, he sounds decent HOWEVER the whole thing of him never taking you out is very weird

The Naija dudes I know ooo too wan stuff you with food and stuff "Are you hungry? Are you sure you're not hungry? Do you want this and that", you'd have to beg them to leave you alone sef.

Only thing you really should consider in all the stuff I said before is that DONT BUY HIM GIFTS ANYMORE. Simple. Enjoy the relaionship and leave the whole gift thing out. He's not reciprocating so why continue? Let it go. Give it to charity
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 5:39am On Dec 23, 2008
Wetin I do na? tongue

It's not for her. It's for her spiritual friend grin
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by SisiJinx: 5:39am On Dec 23, 2008
michelin89:

Rotflmao! Lawd-a-mercy!  cheesy

Money for hand, Back for ground!

When I said Business Transaction earlier, she didn't catch on!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 23, 2008
poster, stop being stupid. . . .the fact that he's buying gift for others/rubbing it in your face/then bleeping you till your eyes pop out is enough to suggest that you're just a "5 min" intimacy gadget.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by johnnygan(m): 5:42am On Dec 23, 2008
i was talking to u
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by cooldud62: 9:15am On Dec 23, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

poster, stop being stupid. . . .the fact that he's buying gift for others/rubbing it in your face/then bleeping you till your eyes pop out is enough to suggest that you're just a "5 min" intimacy gadget.

oouch! that was blunt shocked
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2008
I agree with Ify . . C'mon why bother youresfl over unnecessary things. If the guy dosent buy you gifts, then stop buying him too. If he dosent spend on the r/ship, stop spending on the r/ship as well.

If he cant buy you an xmas or b/day gift, dosent mean he dosent love you, it just means he's stingy.

So you become stingy yourself . . spend your money on yourself. Trust me, if you let it continue, even if he's very rich, he'll still not buy you gifts.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by victorian(f): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2008
@poster, stop having sex wiht him, stop giving him any kind of gifts, Just be friends no strings attached anymore. No more freebies cool. Someone better will date you, patience my dear , patience.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by diasporian: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2008
the fok wey him dey fok you no be enough gift? abi you go fok yourself?
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by blissfullynaughty: 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
As the saying goes, why the hell will the guy want to buy the whole cow when he is getting the milk for free. The girl knows what she is supposed to do but she is still clinging on in denial. Leave her to her dreams o. Me I know that the average Naija babe no be suegbe wey go let one yeye man chop free yam without even dropping the palm oil wey go make am pass throat well well. Nonsense and ingredient. . . LOL lipsrsealed
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Frizy(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2008
This is very funny. grin When me get person wey reject Ipod touch engraved with her name. grin grin
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by haryorlah(f): 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2008
ladies we dont appreciate wat we hav until we lose it. u've said dis guy is sweet and always there but not for gifts or money. He might not be seeing it as a bad thing, it si ur duty to make him understand how desperate u ar for a gift.
if u keep telling him even if he gets angry or doesnt want to hear it just keep sayin it, but mind u, am not sayin lock his shirt ao shout on top of ur voice, tell him in a calm way and giv him dat look,
tell him wen u ar both in a good mood, maybe after sex!
Am sure men ar not dat hard, u just need to know how to do ur thing.
believe me, if he really cares for u and deosnt wanna loose u, he will get u something BIG
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by icecold2(f): 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2008
@op

have u ever asked him 4 stuffs,
and did he refuse uu?
if yes did he give reasons?
even the bible says ask and it shall be given unto you!

but i really do not know why some guys would have to wait for their babes to ask for stuffs first
personally i wldnt even stay for that long in a relationship where i am d only one giving out.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MoneyRule(m): 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2008
Talk to him,listen to what he has to say about it!
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Geekiewhiz: 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2008
Gifts is not everything
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by chiogo(f): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2008
ok, so I'm not a genius at this whole relationship thing. But I got a couple of questions for the OP's 'friend':

How long have you been dating him?

Do you guys live in the same house?

Really, I understand your 'friend's' plight. Refusal to give him gifts also will not solve the problem in any way. It will just make you even more frustrated, trust me. Some guys, you'll stop buying the gifts and they still won't notice any difference and will still continue their no-gift-giving habit. That will only make you even angrier than getting back at him which was your initial aim.

If you've been dating for a while say 2 years and he hasn't bought you a single gift even after you bought him gifts severally and even confronted him about it and yet nothing, best thing is to dump his ass!

If you live in the same house with him, then that's another problem. I'll reserve my comments on this one until I get your replies.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
Just saying most Naija guys know that in order to get sex from Naija chick, you had better start putting some "gifts" down.

*sigh*

This place is becoming a kiddies play ground.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2008
maybe you should find an adult forum?

Try Naija Village Square. I hear they are all humorless and uptight. You'd fit right in.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by sistawoman: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2008
I really would like to know how long you have been dating him?

Have you been to his house?

Are you sure there is no other wife?

Is he supporting another household, other than the money he sends home on a monthly basis?

I can understand your desire not to want to have ask him for anything and that you feel that by leading by example he will "get it" but maybe answering some of the other questions listed above might shead some light.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

maybe you should find an adult forum?

Try Naija Village Square. I hear they are all humorless and uptight. You'd fit right in.

more like a place for you really.
I hear they have space for sarcastic people who actually think they are funny. You'd fit right in too.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2008
Na they're not big on sarcasm so Im fine right here, Thanks cool
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by DonPedro21(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
some men are just like that. just let him know that give is ur love language and it is one of the best ways he came proof his love for u. and don't stop given him gifts.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by kizito902(m): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
In all honesty i think the bobo is jst using u to maintain.His real family is in Nigeria.Ur there for the lonely nights and the general lonesomeness we all suffer from once in a wyl.He buys gifts all the time for other ppl but not you.The guy wont spend on u lest u become a liability.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 12:13am On Dec 24, 2008
i have dated him for 4 years.
we do not live together but i spend each weekend with him
he has a child in nigeria but he says that he is no longer with the woman
we broke up during our first year because i wasnt ready for the relationship. and that is when he had his child. he said i hurt him so bad during that time. but since we've been back together no gifts even though he did give me gifts during that first year before he break up.
But he does treat me special and is very caring and loving towards me
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2008
In other words the no gift policy is his revenge for breaking up with him before, ?

Sure got yourself a keeper. Not.

Really he's probably bothered by something that happened then. Did he used to take you out in the first year? You two should talk it out and you should mentioned how he has changed and see what he has to say. simple.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2008
icecold, once when i asked for help he said he was broke but he tried to help me research to solve the problem at a less costly rate. i was so offended that i dont ask anymore. because i felt like he should have offered.

i know that he sends money to the mother of his child. but shouldnt he? it is his child afterall. I have a child myself and my ex gives me money for my daughter.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by DaPhoenix(f): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2008
So why are you with him again?
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by JJYOU: 12:20am On Dec 24, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

i have dated him for 4 years.
we do not live together but i spend each weekend with him
he has a child in nigeria but he says that he is no longer with the woman
we broke up during our first year because i wasnt ready for the relationship. and that is when he had his child. he said i hurt him so bad during that time. but since we've been back together no gifts even though he did give me gifts during that first year before he break up.
But he does treat me special and is very caring and loving towards me
you still on the fone to your freind?
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 12:21am On Dec 24, 2008
yes karmamod he took me out all the time during the first year. but i dropped him like a hot potatoe.
i did not want to drag him into the mess of my relaitonship with my ex, so instead of telling him the truth i jusgt abrupyly told him i was not ready for a relationship yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female University Student Caught Having Sex In A Busy Street. Photos & Videos... / Long Distance Relationship Is A Time Waster For Women. / The Fine Art Of Being A Baboon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.