Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

He Does Not Give Me Gifts? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Does Not Give Me Gifts? (7212 Views)

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / 10 Gifts To Get For Your Lady This Valentine Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by JJYOU: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2008
MSMAMASITA:

icecold, once when i asked for help he said he was broke but he tried to help me research to solve the problem at a less costly rate. i was so offended that i don't ask anymore. because i felt like he should have offered.

i know that he sends money to the mother of his child. but shouldnt he? it is his child afterall. I have a child myself and my ex gives me money for my daughter.
getting better
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by MSMAMASITA: 12:25am On Dec 24, 2008
no i am using her laptop.
i am with him because the drama with my ex ended. he wanted to be all in my business trying to find out who i was dating and i did not want any problems.
i went to my current bf and told him that i made a mistake and that i wanted to try again. i truly do love him. he accepted me back and said he was praying for my return. everything went back to normal onlygifts or going out.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by KarmaMod(f): 12:33am On Dec 24, 2008
MSMAMASITA:
. i truly do love him. he accepted me back and said he was praying for my return. everything went back to normal onlygifts or going out.

like i said mention the change and how it bothers you. simple
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by JJYOU: 12:42am On Dec 25, 2008
i hope this helps. how can animals know things you cant work out?
Orangutans learn to trade favours [b][/b]

Orangutans from Sumatra and Borneo are among our closest relatives
Orangutans can help each other get food by trading tokens, scientists have discovered - but only if the help goes in both directions.

Researchers from the University of St Andrews found orangutans could learn the value of tokens and trade them, helping each other win bananas.

An article in Biology Letters, claims it is the first evidence of "calculated reciprocity" in non-human primates.

Gorillas and chimpanzees were much less willing to co-operate, they report.

Two orangutans - Bim and Dok - who live in Leipzig Zoo, Germany, were especially good at helping each other.

Initially, they were given several sets of tokens, and learned the value of the different types. It's not just humans that calculate about giving; orangutans do that too

Valerie Dufour

An animal could exchange one type for bananas for itself, another type could be used to gain bananas for a partner, and a third had no value.

Initially, Dok, the female, was especially good at swapping tokens to get bananas for Bim, the male. Sometimes Bim would point at the tokens to encourage her.

But he was less interested in trading tokens that would win bananas for her.

As she became less willing to help him out, Bim responded by trading more and more, until their efforts were more or less equal.[i][/i]

"So we have a calculation behind the giving," explained Valerie Dufour who led the research at the Scottish university.

"If you don't give me enough, then I don't give you either; but if you give me enough, OK, then I buy your co-operation, and I secure it by giving too."

Many animals exchange goods and services with each other; the grooming of primates is an obvious example.

But the researchers say there has been no experimental evidence before of "calculated reciprocity", where animals adapt their own behaviour in response to how another is helping them.

"It's not just humans that calculate about giving, and it's not just humans who expect to be given something in return when they are co-operative," Dr Dufour told BBC News.

"Orangutans do that too."

However, other apes - chimpanzees, gorillas and bonobos - were less able or willing to play the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7797776.stm

Ape gestures 'show human links'

The ability to learn gestures separates apes from most species
Researchers in the US say they have firm evidence that apes communicate using gestures - shedding light on the development of human language.
The team analysed the way bonobos and chimpanzees used hand and limb gestures to make themselves understood.

The scientists found the apes used gestures more flexibly than the way they used facial and vocal expressions.

They say the findings support the theory that human language developed through the use of hand gestures.

Food or sex?

The team comprised researchers from Yerkes Primate Center, at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. It found ape groups developed different gestures to say different things and that meanings depended on context.

They may use the same gesture for something totally different

Frans de Waal
Emory University, Atlanta

A male chimpanzee may beg for food from another chimpanzee by gesturing with an extended arm and open hand.

But the same gesture might also be used to ask a female chimpanzee for sex, or between two males as a sign of reconciliation after a fight, said primatologist Frans de Waal, a member of the research team.

"Typically they may use it for food, but they may use the same gesture for something totally different; so, for instance, a male may invite a female for sex by holding out an open hand to her," Dr de Waal said.

This ability to learn gestures distinguishes apes from monkeys and most other species on the planet, the scientist says.

Although all primates use vocal and facial expressions to communicate, only the great apes - chimpanzees, bonobos, orang-utan and gorillas - use gestures as well, an ability they share with humans.

And when apes gesture, they use their right hand, which is controlled by the left side of the brain - the same side as the language control centre in the human brain.

The latest research is published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6610447.stm
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by Akinagirl(f): 3:04am On Dec 25, 2008
just talk to him about the change and how you feel that you are not being appreciated.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by IGWEUSA(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2008
Akinagirl:

just talk to him about the change and how you feel that you are not being appreciated.

Akina girl na wa 4 Uoooooooooo, how U go dey vibrate like dis. Do U want all dis AKATA bitches 2 bankrupt ma 9ja guy.

By d way, do U even Know d kind job wey d guy dey do or even d family matters we he de shelter 4 villa.

Abeg, if d AA girl girl no fit stay wit am cos of gifts/mony, then make she go jam katerpilla !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by skolars(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2008
@poster
its not a must that he would offer u gifts
wat if he doesnt have?
u got to throw him out?
men, time for man no de pass o
at 50 yrs self
man fit harmmer
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by sparta(f): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2008
@ Poster

I can relate to what your friend is saying, i love gifts not because am materialistic but  because it makes me feel loved. I got my boyfriend a gift for xmas but got nothing in return (He earns much more than i do). It still hurts but i made up my mind not to allow it bother me altho i feel its stinginess. Nobody has a right to judge your friend because our fantasies differ. Next valentine will be the first i wiil be having with my man and his attitude will determine if i will go on with him because I am a very romantic person .  On the other hand maybe he dosent see any big deal in it. She should just handle it carefully and let him know how much such gestures mean to her. Wish her the best in her relationship.
Re: He Does Not Give Me Gifts? by amaikama(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2009
I really don't understand some of our nija sisters and brodas cry has it occure to u all that this sister she is not a naija babe and what she is looking for is for an advice to ease her situation but what i come to realize is that some of us are doing the opposite.

@poster!!! it not normal for a naija guy to behave like that seeing that he is in love with someone outside his cultural identity. gift should be a universal thing where lovers freely exchange and expressed their innermost feeling for each other. it's not only christmaz or any occassional season that lovers o such. you can express your feelings whenever the love takes to you and however u want to express it.

Something is boardering him, tell your friend to seat him down and have a heart to heart talk with him and find out why and what is happining.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

/ These Biittches Are The Biggest HYPOCRITES!! [photos] / Lady Marries Her Ex-corper Teacher Who Taught Her Geography In SS2 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.