Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,322 members, 7,829,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46678 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by lozanni(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

@Ops, What did you expect before ?
Cowardice can not be wished away,as It will eventually manifest in The conduct and words of The
coward.
I can always predict That APC goons will always take to their heels, with their tails tucked between their legs, whenever a debate is called for.
Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Gbawe: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
brownlord:

My friend shut it and stop talking trash, this is one issue you have nothing to say unlike your usual epistle you feed your gullible followers with,please don't expose yourself any further with your grammar thinking you making sense.

Look at the excuse you guys keep giving, what has PDP to do with this, if your candidate was a fashola or Osinbajo won't you be clamoring for debate? This is one opportunity GMB has to clear all the allegations certificate, health etc and here you are giving dumb reasons as to why he should abscond and you still trying to make excuse because you think you are intelligent or majority of nairalanders are fools right.

Nigerians decide who leads them, those are the people Buhari should debate for, even if the debate is organized by NTA or even FFK himself, the event will be aired live and nigerians are watching should there be any biased on part of the interviewers, so what exactly is your point and of APC?

I kept saying APC is bring far incompetent candidate you guys never listened, your greed for 12 million vote got you this and you making silly excuse.

nonsense

I did not even read your drivel so I have no comment to give on it. OP gave you the power and the 'floor' for the crap above but I will not read it let alone respond to whatever it is you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by aresa: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

That is quite plausible, i believe every decision taken is in the interest of the party and its candidate. Let's see as events unfold.

I trust them to make the right decision on behalf of their party and candidate and I believe they did just that..
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MalcoImX: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gbawe:

This is the bottom line and I hope APC supporters use their head and not get drawn into the 'gutter' with those who are now forced to live there because of their backing for the ultra-failed PDP all good Nigerians want kicked out.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Speedracer001: 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
The debate is not relevant. It has become a circus. To what end will the debate serve? At his point, it will just generate soundbites that will be replayed out of context over and over. Abi debate na fight? Debates can have the unfortunate result of halting the momentum that he currently enjoys should be end up being tripped up by "gotcha" questions and hand the pdp the advantage. In politics, all is fair!

If you want to go to the moon that GEJ keeps talking about, vote pdp. If you want an end to corruption in Nigeria, VOTE GMB.

That is the "debate" of this election cycle.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
It will eventually be clear to everyone why the APC strategists are not favorably disposed to such arrangement....

If debate is what makes a President...GEJ would not be President today.

Time shall tell.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Akanbiedu(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:
It will eventually be clear to everyone why the APC strategists are not favorably disposed to such arrangement....

I[b]f debate is what makes a President...GEJ would not be President today.[/b]

Time shall tell.

Abi oo. PDP/GEJ is now the opposition, let them debate as much as they want. LOL

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by bizhub: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Is buhari daughter coming back for the election or she s afraid of the ungovernable administration? She,s never part of the Dogs and Baboons...

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

Bwahahahahaha
Bwohohohoho
Bwehehehehe
Na now eye dey open una
Since you were yaking yak yak like ogene achikolo na now you understand say ya amiable general get akamu as brain matter
How do you expect a first school leaving certificate holder ( by faith) to debate a pHD holder

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by callmenow: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.

The 'debates' before, in 2007 and 2011 was gentlemanly. This time around, it is more like a job interview before the inscrutable Nigerians and the world. It is for Buhari to win or lose. There is a credibility gap with Buhari. Is he out of touch or in control? His wish lists/manifesto will prove to be his Achilles heel. He will be fatally damaged if he steps forward. He can always feign illness to wriggle out this one. However, his image has been irretrievably damaged. Otherwise reasonable people now see him as fearful and cowardly. A stooge of amaechi and TINUBU.

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gbawe:

I did not even read your drivel so I have no comment to give on it. OP gave you the power and the 'floor' for the crap above but I will not read it let alone respond to whatever it is you wrote.

Aww Gbawe now also boycotting confrontation like Buhari.

What a change

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

If debate is what makes a President...GEJ would not be President today.

Time shall tell.

crap

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by VoteWisely: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Speedracer001: 4:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
By the way, you get light to take watch the debate? LOL.

I tried watching the NEDG VP debate yesterday and to say it was a national embarrassment is an understatement.

Buhari won't fix Nigeria. I just hope he inspires enough Nigerians to try to do right. That is the CHANGE i want.

And it starts from ending corruption!!! or at least TRY to start ending brazen, in your face, corruption.

Leaders lead and inspire. They are not debating experts!
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Get you PVC......

Let's meet at the poll on Val's day.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
brownlord:

crap

Get your PVC.....let's meet on Val's day.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by loomer: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
FEBRUARY 14 DON DE TOO TAY FOR EYE SELF, MAKE E DO COME AND GO SO WE GO REST FROM ALL THESE WAHALA.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Gbawe: 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:

I totally understand.

I just got a bit emotional when i read the part where he said that Alake's remarks were- totally illogical and unacceptable. What a joke

Forward ever- Campaign train currently in Adamawa

Bruv, don't sweat it. We all support the APC because we believe in the ability of the Party to lead Nigerian better than others and move us forward. This is the time to trust and support the strategy of the Party. Like the certificate thing, they will soon move on to something else if us APC supporters ignore them. I present below the 36 strategem. "The Thirty-Six Stratagems was a Chinese essay used to illustrate a series of stratagems used in politics, war, as well as in civil interaction" .Any Nairalander with time should look through and perhaps pick up a few 'ideas' about the the back-and-forth we are seeing which means the APC must be careful not to blink against a highly unpincipled and desperate ruling Party ready to bankrupt Nigeria to remain in power. Nuff said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems

Create something from nothing[edit]
(無中生有/无中生有, Wú zhōng shēng yǒu)
A plain lie. Make somebody believe there was something when there is in fact nothing. One method of using this strategy is to create an illusion of something's existence, while it does not exist. Another method is to create an illusion that something does not exist, while it does.

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

Get your PVC.....let's meet on Val's day.

sorry i won't leave my house, maybe 2019.

We got no candidate till 2019

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
brownlord:

sorry i won't leave my house, maybe 2019.

We got no candidate till 2019

You are inconsequential to the process.....just like many of you sitting on NL all day writing nonsense while your PVC gathers dust at the collection center.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Why can't they kick out Buhari and make barcanista their candidate
He has a lot more sense than the mallam

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
omenka:
Liar. No amount of debates and sterling performance by thee General is gonna make you like him. The comments in your TL are there for everyone to see. Plus you are an irritating bigot.
I agree, I defend my tribe wherever and whenever the needs arises but if you will carefully study my comments you will observe that I have and will never tolerate nepotism nor incompetence. I am not a Gej fan but I already know him enough but GMB is someone am getting to know and the facts I have gathered already are sincerely not enough to throw my weight behind him.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
philips70:

I have been echoing on Twitter since the news was aired. Anybody advising GMB to avoid the debates is an enemy of GMB and Nigeria. Is it not the same GMB who addressed OPS this morning? I believe GMB can stand any debate even if anchored and moderated by Okupe and FFK. I hope they know what they are doing even as we know the real issues in Nigeria today is not really about the debates.

Giving an address where you read off a script prepared by someone is not the same as debating issues
In debates you actually have to think and also answer questions and provide rebuttals to your opponent's opinion
I bet Buhari even has no clue what a rebuttal means.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
successking:

If GEJ wins in both the debate and election, what will you do?

Remember, Nigerians are aware that freedom is preferable to slavery!
IF Jonathan wins I will congratulate him and be law abiding with hope that he delivers. But I'm optimistic that Muhammadu Buhari will win.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by makazona(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
APC supporters were all in support of the party's decision until Barcanista differed.now they are all sneaking out and taking a reverse on the matter.

it shows how the bandwagon effect is binding all em GMB supporters.

btw Barcanista hs got my respect for calling a spade by its name(at least for once)

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by obayaya(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Imanuelle:

He used to, but now he's old and weak.

BTW, its okay to be and stay amazed.

Guy!!!!

I no dey understand your yarns sef
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Oluwadare: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
One thing APC is doing right to my knowledge is their planning. Now i agreed with Mr Muazu that APC have poached their best brains out of the PDP. First of all, this debate adds nothing toward the nigerians perception for APC. Rreason being, the populace perception for GMB at this point in time is his non-tolerance for corruption.
So, APC see this debate as wasting of their time and energy amidst the necessary things to do. The debate adds little to their candidate in term of appealing to the voters.
It is the incumbent candidate that has everything to prove to the voters because their perception toward him is that, he is weak, he is corupt and incapable. Hence, he needed this to prove a point and to also appeal to the voters at large. No thanks to some statements like " STEALING IS NOT A CORRUPTION", "I WILL USE TECHNOLOGY TO FIGHT CORRUPTION" for God sake in a country where we are struggling to develop an ordinary bicycle. Please how do you want to successfully apply such to fight rainbow issue like coruption in Nigeria?
For example, in 2011 mr president also pulled out of any debate because he was damn sure then that people perception for him was favorable across the country. So he also had no appepite for any debate whatsoever.
To me the issue of debate is out of APC appepite risk, and I fully agreed with them. #my opinion#

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Dereformer(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

In the very obvious event that your general fails to debate with GEJ, will you join forces with the winning party, the PDP?
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
I guess you didn't watch the debate of 2007 and 2011...If you do and you are sincere you will not have typed this.
babyosisi:

Giving an address where you read off a script prepared by someone is not the same as debating issues
In debates you actually have to think and also answer questions and provide rebuttals to your opponent's opinion
I bet Buhari even has no clue what a rebuttal means.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

You are inconsequential to the process.....just like many of you sitting on NL all day writing nonsense while your PVC gathers dust at the collection center.

Can you please ask your candidate to tell those undecided voters how he intends to govern better than the corrupt, incompetent on the job?

That's the essence of debate, stop whining and go to debate, majority of Nigerians are beginning to see the need for debate to enable them access candidates before trusting them with their vote. I saw this in edo guber election, ACN/Oshiomole din't only floor the PDP candidate but exposed him when the man said he voluntarily retired from the Army but oshiomole told him to his face that he was dismissed, the man neither replied nor deny this accusation, even though this was never in public domain, thousands of edolite got to know this from the debate. Now this is the best time for GMB to explain to Nigerians who are charged with the responsibility of hiring ( voting ) anyone for that position he is seeking.

I hope you see some reasons GMB should debate.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
obayaya:

Guy!!!!

I no dey understand your yarns sef

Lol... Based on?
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
makazona:
APC supporters were all in support of the party's decision until Barcanista differed.now they are all sneaking out and taking a reverse on the matter.

it shows how the bandwagon effect is binding all em GMB supporters.

btw Barcanista hs got my respect for calling a spade by its name(at least for once)

I think Bani is the only sensible APC supporter on nairaland, though sometimes he can be silly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Boma Goodhead Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And Wife (Photos) / Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.