Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46676 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
shalompeace007:
did I say anytin bad? I just asked y did muhammed rape a 9 years old grl and thighed her wen she was 6 years, and Rilwayne001 flared up. Cos am skeptical dat buhari wld allow such. He looks to jihadist and while he and his likes like rilwayne rapes children he datz buhari daughter will be in havard twitting, den ya begin to ask ya self how foolish dose poor muslims like rilwayne re?
what would you expect from peverts? I don't like to join issues with blood sucking supporters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by nortcentrallord(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
abbey621:
This is the 21st century, I would really like the General to debate and expose GEJ's cluelessness but my fear is that the debate would turn into a personal attack. Instead of issue based debate, we would have attack on his military record, his credential and even his religion. APC is very smart and the leaders know that with just a few days till the election, if GMB does nothing and maintain the current momentum the election is his, it is up to GEJ and PDP numbskulls to discredit him, a feat they clearly can't accomplish!
How many debates will he dodge? So no Nigerian body is worthy to organize a debate for mallam Buhari in this country? This is the same man that has refused to tender a letter to cambridge for his result to be released. What a show of shame.

5 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by skak(m): 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Just want to say:

bye bye JONAURY

welcome FEBUHARY
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

Calm down bro, what problems do you have with me? My beliefs, support or person?
I don't think i will ever understand this type of attack on someone you have never met or had business together with.
I will like to straighten this out though. I am sorry if i ever offended you in the past.
Face the real deal. Your general is dull and has nothing upstairs. I bet he can't read the national anthem without mannerism

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by philips70(m): 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
ayukdaboss:
I'm fully in support of this. I was really disappointed when I read the news that Buhari was boycotting the Channels TV debate. In my own view, that debate was going to be totally non-partisan and would've provided a level playing field for all Presidential Aspirants. APC should stop trying to influence the General not to debate Jonathan and other aspirants, if it is because of his accent, many Nigerians don't mind as almost every tribe has it's own accent...What is most important is the message being passed across. Why would anyone be scared of debating Jonathan who has failed so woefully?? shocked

Personally I would have even preferred a GEJ vs GMB face-off where both candidates throw direct questions at each other on live TV.

I have been echoing on Twitter since the news was aired. Anybody advising GMB to avoid the debates is an enemy of GMB and Nigeria. Is it not the same GMB who addressed OPS this morning? I believe GMB can stand any debate even if anchored and moderated by Okupe and FFK. I hope they know what they are doing even as we know the real issues in Nigeria today is not really about the debates.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Sunbellar: 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari go school; No. What do you expect to hear from an illiterate.

5 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Akanbiedu(m): 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
esere826:
Jonathan is down and needs fear no fall
Buhari on the other hand has a lot to loose if he messes up in the debate.
those of us that still have some sense left will really analyse what the man has to offer from his own mouth

and there is indeed a strong probability that he will mess up in the debate

..so its a good decision of his team not to expose his weakness

Right. Besides the real voters don't know anything about debates.

Op, if indeed you claim to support the General, you have to be a team player. the general is no longer working alone, he has a team working on strategy and the stand of the team has to be respected. this is no time for emotional outbursts.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
berem:
According to Dele Alake,APC got an intel report about the organizers of the debate that's why they backed out. He refused to disclose it on air and preferred to say it off air. APC alone knows why they refused to participate in the debate.
Whatever their reasons are,I think it's for the best interest of our party.
That is quite plausible, i believe every decision taken is in the interest of the party and its candidate. Let's see as events unfold.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by shalompeace007: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
slimmy05:
what would you expect from peverts? I don't like to join issues with blood sucking supporters
I won't stop till Rilwayne001 Empiree Tartar Zeezahbee and co beg and admit d wrong doings of their prophet.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Face the real deal. Your general is dull and has nothing upstairs. I bet he can't read the national anthem without mannerism
I see your "hatred" is political, sorry can't help.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by philips70(m): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
slimmy05:

In real sense I can bet on my last kobo GEJ cannot recite "Nigeria We Hail Thee" first two lines. Buhari might not be articulate in speech but he is not dull on issues of governance. On the other hand GEJ is both not articulate in speeches and also very dull on issues irrespective of advantage of requisite and cognate experience he have had in the past 16 years in government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by kay1one(m): 3:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
If I hear...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MalcoImX: 3:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
jbichene:
u seem to be blind or you can't simply understand English ,how on earth is this a lie
It is a lie in the sense that it is being portrayed (like the certificate thing) that the great general does not have it in him to face somebody who is always fumbling in his speeches and before the press.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by kay1one(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

That is quite plausible, i believe every decision taken is in the interest of the party and its candidate. Let's see as events unfold.

Keep waiting to see as "events" unfold! Party of shaky people!

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by taharqa: 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Obiagelli:

Of course, it is in the interest of the party.

The party knows that if they ever allowed the OLODO General into a debate at this time, both the party and Buhari would be massacred.

They would be crazy to allow that.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Collynzo419: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

[s]unless they changed their mind

chai apc are even attacking their own for saying the truth

ngeneukwenu/clerverly collynzo419 comes to my mind

they are just hopless bastard[/s]s
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Collynzo419: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Clerverly:

Let it slide!!

Sure Boss

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by innocent1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
He is afraid of being asked of his intentions of islamising the nation. So that we won't hold him by his words.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by onatisi(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Apc keeps shielding buhari from public scrutiny,thinking they are fooling nigerians . The simple truth is ,buhari has nothing intelligent to say about anything tangible coupled with fact that his low memory space. Believe me if buhari is asked a question ,I am so damn sure that midway answering the question he will forget the question and ask again.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by chrisooblog: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
@barcanista i'm impressed by your frankness and honesty on this matter i think his handlers might be worried GMB would be unable to put his point across about some sensitive subject matter without alienating potential voters. plus lets face it buhari is not the greatest orator but is APC saying they don't have people to prep him?

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Gbawe: 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
*shakes head at thread* .No comment.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Okeikpu(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
Buhari & Tinubu,birds of same feather....⊂(ο・㉨・ο)⊃(^(I)^)
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Here2BustnScrew: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.
this time it is against GEJ. he should stop running

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by vanen2: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you! This is a man that has faced Amanpour, BBC hard talk about 3 times, and a hosts of foreign journalists and he didn't fumble.
I tell you the truth, one-on-one any day, the General will come out on top. People feel he's incapable just because of his accent!!! And people should recall that the well learned Barack Obama did not do well in the first round of the last US presidential debate but still won the election.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Sometimes I just wonder how you pose yourself as one important object.

I hate to read from your arrogant perspective cos it's full of shit. You need to get busy with kitchen work rather than waste time on here. You've become so irrelevant, you now pose as lap dog. you're empty and I hate you that you've refused to agree.

Your general is a lame, retarded, blood sucking, dull general who should be in jail for his atrocities.

Easy man, outside the stupid job of hers, i think she'll be nice and calm lady.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MalcoImX: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
And if you want to fail, associate with failure... No wonder buhari has never won election since 1920BC grin

Law 10, 48 Laws of Power

Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky
You can die from someone else’s misery – emotional states are as infectious as disease. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw
misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by nduchucks: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
DevilishKiller:

You have been reported. Get ready for your ban.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by aresa: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
mrmetoo1:

What do you mean it's false? He's he going ahead with the debate?

The funny thing about this debate issue is, I'm sure GEJ didn't even plan to attend but APC keeps blinking first. I'm disappointed though but for me it doesn't change anything. The debate, I doubt, will produce any converts. The only reason I wanted this debate to hold is because PDP minions will now have something else to distract us with till the 14th now that the certificate silliness is dying down.

The guy said there'll be town hall meetings though which I prefer to all these popularity contests (rallies) all over the country. Town halls if done properly are more honest and effective than debates and rallies. Debates sometimes are won not by the person with the most points but by the person that can produce the most sound bites

I'm 100% sure he's participating in one debate or the other and regardless, debates is of zero importance to me, the truth is in the pudding or should I say their manifestos whic remains their promise to Nigerians. Wasting time regurgitating feel good and deceptive words means nothing.

As a Nigerian, ist more than obvious that after 6 years in office, the curent president can not protect Nigerians, can not provide safety and security, can not fight corruption and in fact is promoting corruption with his acts and utterances, we've lost parts of the country under him and the economy is in shambles with youth unemployment out of control.

I agree with you that the best format is unstage townhall debates and taking questions from the averagenNigerian..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari’s Next Level 2019 Advert On Newspapers (Photo) / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.