Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46681 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by GODpunishAPC: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
BUHARI MUST DEBATE, THIS BASTARD APC THINK THEY CAN SCALE THIS HURDLE.

GODPUNISHAPC.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Obatala7: 4:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
If at this stage, the daura general is being cajoled and overrun by his so called "handlers" not to do what the majority of Nigerians and indeed the international community truly want to see, it sure speaks volumes of his capacity to take any decisions that'll be in favour of the Nigerian people if it's not in tandem with the imaginations of his 'handlers.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by buchichukwu69: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
I watched Buhari's interactive session with the Organised Private Sector (captioned "GMB Means Business"wink this morning, and I am convinced that Buhari needs no debate to prove that he's the best that we have right now. Let's stop all the jokes.

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by bsolo1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
slimmy05:
and what happened to Volkswagen under his care? Certificate doesn't equal leadership.

Your general even without certificate is dull, slow, arrogant and devilish.

Tank God yu knw certificate doesnt equal leader dat is y yur phD president is almst vseless!
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gbawe:
*shakes head at thread* .No comment.

Chisos, For the first time general Gbawe is comment-less.

It shall never be well with tinubu, see the kind of job he's subjecting their PR professionals ( attack dog ) to

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by abbey621(m): 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
nortcentrallord:

How many debates will he dodge? So no Nigerian body is worthy to organize a debate for mallam Buhari in this country? This is the same man that has refused to tender a letter to cambridge for his result to be released. What a show of shame.

Go and look at his past debates, he is not afraid of debating but I think right now it is more to his advantage if he does not debate. He has the momentum, sometimes silence is golden!

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by OLADD: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians

God bless Barcanista the defender of APC! Are we beginning to see a clear departure from those bias pro-Apc epistles again?
Now to the crux of this thread. When people like us on the other side of the divide try to expose APC's hypocrisy and hoax, we are simply labelled paid agents. The party and its leadership are embodiments of lies and pranks. They preach one thing but do otherwise. First, it was the NEDG debate which they claimed was been organised by pro-PDP journalists and before Nigerians could say jack, the Channels-led debate team is also compromised according to APC. What a shame! If Buhari wins the presidency (God forbid), will his govt sideline AIT, NTA, FRCN, CHANNELS and stick with TVC alone? WIll his government stiffen out those 'biased" stations from existence just as he did to media houses between 1984 and 1985? This apparently indicates how devisive Buhari and APC can be, always petty and arrogantly suspicious. Buhari, with due respect lacks charisma and power of oration and that explains why many of his speeches at campaign grounds are shallow and brief. So with this obvious, it's a suicide mission for him to appear in a nationally and internationally televised debate(Channels is also on Cable transmission) a fact widely known by many and that's what APC should own up to instead of taking Nigerians for fools. Why should APC try to package someone with those vices knowing the pivotal role Nigeria plays in AU and other organisations? How will Buhari project himself and the nation when he represents us at the UN and other global summits? With the certificate issue still unresolved, shying away from two different debate platforms does not portray GMB as a good "material" for Nigerian presidency.

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gbawe:
*shakes head at thread* .No comment.
Buhari goofed though

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by buchichukwu69: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
GODpunishAPC:
BUHARI MUST DEBATE, THIS BASTARD APC THINK THEY CAN SCALE THIS HURDLE.

GODPUNISHAPC.
He won't. Go call police.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by boujaye: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:
Disappointed but not surprised

Out of every 12,.........

man up ... so who are u referring?
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Sconty09(m): 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
It's a lie branded with Channelstv, these two media houses, Arise TV and This Day is owned by Nduka Obaigbena(PDP apologist). What's in the debate Economy,corruption and security. APC has always campaigned based on their manifestos in all venues on their plans. What would JONATHAN campaign on Economy($1-#215) and No Jobs, Corruption( Read Soludo open reply yesterday emphasized the deep corruption in Jonathan administration. On Security(we all know is corruption and incompetence). Are you telling me Jonathan can defend all these issues,No. Even a high school graduate wiould shame Jonathan on all ramifications. Let Jonathan go and debate alone with some of his fools who still pretend to deny the failures of Jonathan. When I listen or read some posts by some people, I wish I have supported abortion when they're born because they seems born to suffer or born for poverty.

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by vigasimple(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
APcheats are very good at
1. Packaging
2. Propaganda
3. Excuses
4. Hallucinations
5. Hide and seek
6. Hero worshipping of assorted criminals

and when they lose election

VIOLENCE.

ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Gbawe: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:

Sure Boss

Don't comment. I would advise genuine APC supporters not to comment, either way, about the topic. Let the enemies of Nigeria's progress, never interested in voting for Buhari and desperately looking for a last minute 'reprieve' for the ultra-failed GEJ, comment alone with the OP. The APC has an election to win and distractions should not be allowed.

The certificate saga came and I personally said zilch about it because I knew it was the desperate 'road block' antics of those about to lose their power to loot Nigeria dry while impoverishing Nigerians. Ditto this debate malaky. Genuine APC fans should trust the effort of the team working for Buhari and their reasons for the cautious approach. They are dealing with a highly desperate PDP that forged document claiming Buhari was diagnosed with cancer. They put out a vile documentary which was a concoction of desperate lies. They malign Buhari daily to the extent genuine APC fans know they are committed to playing as dirty as it takes. We should not be undermining our own side, publicly calling-out the strategy of those 'in the war zone' and giving the most bigoted Nairalanders , sworn never to vote for "Gambari" and their "slaves" , a congregation ground to take cheap shots at the APC on Nairaland.

Real APC fans should ignore this thread. We are winning on the ground and anything you say on a thread like this and others like it, full of bitter folks who know the game is up for their misruling and ultra-corrupt messiah, does not help. This is the time to trust and back the strategy of those who know what we do not and are determined to work for an APC victory.

7 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
ClerverIy:
are you really a female if yes i will just love one night fork with you grin grin grin grin grin

No moderator on this section?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Desteenee(m): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
Exactly my point of not buying into this CHANGE nonsense. With due respect to APC supporters, GMB has nothing better to offer this lovely country of ours.The issue of certificate is still pending, He doesn't want to debate, during campaigns he spends very little time criticizing GEJ and yet doesn't sell or explain any policy framework that he intend to pursue.
Even the composition of the opposition is another issue, mostly people from a particular region of the country.
Finally, just like the challenge i threw before my dear friend, if anyone can provide me five(5) names of APC top-shots that have integrity and also have never been a PDP member , then I will support APC.
Ndi ara!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by RotrEmmanuel: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Law 10, 48 Laws of Power

Infection: Avoid the Unhappy and Unlucky
You can die from someone else’s misery – emotional states are as infectious as disease. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw
misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.
Keep posting useless laws from a book someone that went to school wrote(Robert Green ) Unlike your father (Buhari ) That didn't attend any school, what quote can u lift from his popular sayings; If not Kwowopshion, ferrow naijewians, and stabilizing global oil price??

Never outshine your master; Law 1 of the same book.

GEJ as an incumbent presido remains a master to Buhari, while buhari is just a serial failure. cool

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
taharqa:

Of course, it is in the interest of the party.

The party knows that if they ever allowed the OLODO General into a debate at this time, both the party and Buhari would be massacred.

They would be crazy to allow that.
Na you Sabi, na Apc dey give una mouth to talk today.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by F22RAPTOR(m): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
smart party APC, debating might reduce buhari's popularity by more than 60%, but maintaining status quo would reduce his popularity by only about 28%(18% former APC supporters and about 10% undecided). Choosing the lesser of two outcomes is the best strategy ATM.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by rabimlomo: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
clint77ng:
And how many of those you mentioned possess a Phd degree. You with ur first degree u no dey fear to argue with a prof? Abegi. U want change and still live in d past, 2007, 2011. Nonsense.
Pat utomi is a phd holder, and a brilliant one compared with our presidos phd lipsrsealed
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by GODpunishAPC: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
buchichukwu69:

He won't. Go call police.
GOD PUNISH YOU FOR THIS STATEMENT, BUHARI MUST GO ELSE I WILL PUNISH HIM

GODPUNISHAPC.

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by criminalmindz: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
acidtalk:
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE FEBRUARY 14.

* POWER : The power situation of the country will NEVER improve if this government remains in power as the money bags supporting this government are the sole importers of fuel and diesel and the make billions of naira in profit everyday by gaining from the epileptic power situation of the country.

* SECURITY : Billions are budgeted for security but yet nothing to show for it especially in the North East of the country. Jonathan has politicized the military and made it equally Corrupt. The military, police, sss only flex their powers at the opposition and harmless citizens.

*YOUTH EMPOWERMENT : Sure P and the like are money siphoners the government setup to siphon money. Those who needed to benefit from it aren't as every penny is being embezzled by the same government.

*TRANSPORTATION: Before you that pointing at the railways which is Jonathan's ONLY achievement, ask yourself if that is the same kind of coaches us in this present day world. Brazil, Czech, Venezuela, Mexico and others just resuscitated their rail transport and each country spent FARLESS than what our government claimed to have spent and with a more modernized end product.

* ECONOMY : Nigeria's economy is SINKING SERIOUSLY. Whether you believe Charles Soludo, Sanusi Lamido, and other economist or not, the truth remains that an economy tsunami is about to take place in the coming months. Over 30% of government workers, banks, oil and gas, Marin, insurance, fund managers, manufacturing will be out of job in the next few months. Ngozi Iweala and others can twist figures and refute the truth as much as they can but the truth is about to unviel itself soon.

we we STILL VOTE GEJ. shikena

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Gbawe: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
Akanbiedu:

Right. Besides the real voters don't know anything about debates.

Op, if indeed you claim to support the General, you have to be a team player. the general is no longer working alone, he has a team working on strategy and the stand of the team has to be respected. this is no time for emotional outbursts.

This is the bottom line and I hope APC supporters use their head and not get drawn into the 'gutter' with those who are now forced to live there because of their backing for the ultra-failed PDP all good Nigerians want kicked out.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by criminalmindz: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
Desteenee:
Exactly my point of not buying into this CHANGE nonsense. With due respect to APC supporters, GMB has nothing better to offer this lovely country of ours.The issue of certificate is still pending, He doesn't want to debate, during campaigns he spends very little time criticizing GEJ and yet doesn't sell or explain any policy framework that he intend to pursue.
Even the composition of the opposition is another issue, mostly people from a particular region of the country.
Finally, just like the challenge i throw before my dear friend, if anyone can provide me five(5) names of APC top-shots that have integrity and also have never been a PDP member , then I will support APC.
Ndi ara!
SECONDED

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by brownlord: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gbawe:

Don't comment. I would advise genuine APC supporters not to comment, either way, about the topic. Let the enemies of Nigeria's progress, never interested in voting for Buhari and desperately looking for a last minute 'reprieve' for the ultra-failed GEJ, comment alone with the OP. The APC has an election to win and distractions should not be allowed.

The certificate saga came and I personally said zilch about it because I knew it was the desperate 'road block' antics of those about to lose their power to loot Nigeria dry while impoverishing Nigerians. Ditto this debate malaky. Genuine APC fans should trust the effort of the team working for Buhari and their reasons for the cautious approach. They are dealing with a highly desperate PDP that forged document claiming Buhari was diagnosed with cancer. They put out a vile documentary which was a concoction of desperate lies. They malign Buhari daily to the extent genuine APC fans know they are committed to playing as dirty as it takes. We should not be undermining our own side and giving the most bigoted Nairalanders , sworn never to vote for "Gambari" and their "slaves" , a congregation ground to take cheap shots at the APC on Nairaland. Real APC fans should ignore this thread.

My friend shut it and stop talking trash, this is one issue you have nothing to say unlike your usual epistle you feed your gullible followers with,please don't expose yourself any further with your grammar thinking you making sense.

Look at the excuse you guys keep giving, what has PDP to do with this, if your candidate was a fashola or Osinbajo won't you be clamoring for debate? This is one opportunity GMB has to clear all the allegations certificate, health etc and here you are giving dumb reasons as to why he should abscond and you still trying to make excuse because you think you are intelligent or majority of nairalanders are fools right.

Nigerians decide who leads them, those are the people Buhari should debate for, even if the debate is organized by NTA or even FFK himself, the event will be aired live and nigerians are watching should there be any biased on part of the interviewers, so what exactly is your point and of APC?

I kept saying APC is bring far incompetent candidate you guys never listened, your greed for 12 million vote got you this and you making silly excuse.

nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by MalcoImX: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
Keep posting useless laws from a book someone that went to school wrote(Robert Green ) Unlike your father (Buhari ) That didn't attend any school, what quote can u lift from his popular sayings; If not Kwowopshion, ferrow naijewians, and stabilizing global oil price??

Never outshine your master; Law 1 of the same book.

GEJ as an incumbent presido remains a master to Buhari, while buhari is just a serial failure. cool
"Sometimes you even allow people to make mistakes to prove to them that you're either more experienced or that your argument is more superior to their own." – Gen. Buhari (1986).
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Collynzo419: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gbawe:

The certificate saga came and I personally said zilch about it because I knew it was the desperate 'road block' antics of those about to lose their power to loot Nigeria dry while impoverishing Nigerians. Ditto this debate malaky. Genuine APC fans should trust the effort of the team working for Buhari and their reasons for the cautious approach. They are dealing with a highly desperate PDP that forged document claiming Buhari was diagnosed with cancer. They put out a vile documentary which was a concoction of desperate lies. They malign Buhari daily to the extent genuine APC fans know they are committed to playing as dirty as it takes. We should not be undermining our own side, publicly calling-out the strategy of those 'in the war zone' and giving the most bigoted Nairalanders , sworn never to vote for "Gambari" and their "slaves" , a congregation ground to take cheap shots at the APC on Nairaland.

Real APC fans should ignore this thread. We are winning on the ground and anything you say on a thread like this and others like it, full of bitter folks who know the game is up for their misruling and ultra-corrupt messiah, does not help. This is the time to trust and back the strategy of those who know what we do not and are determined to work for an APC victory.

I totally understand.

I just got a bit emotional when i read the part where he said that Alake's remarks were- totally illogical and unacceptable. What a joke

Forward ever- Campaign train currently in Adamawa

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Photos Of The Stolen Mace Being Returned To The National Assembly By Police / NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.