Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General (46682 Views)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / Impeachment Threat: Senators, Journalists Misleading The Public – Misau / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by BarryX(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
It seems you don't understand the situation at hand. The debate can be the last straw that break the camels back.

It is a dangerous exercise if they allow Buhari to go ahead, I know they won't think twice if Osinbajo was the main aspirant.

Buhari cannot articulate this visions properly, I stand to be corrected, Gone are those horror days of the military where every Shehu, Sanni and Ibrahim can tell us "Pellow Nigerians" and go scot-free .

BuhariMustDebate grin

23 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by XYZ123: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Yes I agree with you totally

1 Like

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
brb
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by wisolf(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
As one person yab u say u no get sense for one thread like that,u are really doing a good job proving him wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
Where he can't recite national anthem.u wan fall papa(buhari)hand 50likes for gej

48 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Two days after Muhammadu Buhari Campaign spokesman announced the boycott of the amiable General from the PDP sponsored NEDG Presidential Debate, ChannelsTV in partnership with ARISETV and Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria announced their proposed Presidential debate between the Amiable General Muhammadu Buhari and His Excellency President Ebelemi Jonathan. Fans and supporters of the General including yours faithfully jubilated and really looked forward to the clash of the political titans. We were happy because unlike the NEDG composition where all the members have ties with the PDP and the Presidency, that of the ChannelsTV/NPAN/AriseTV carries a toga of fairness and neutrality. It came as a shock when I read the news of withdrawal by the APC strategist Mr. Dele Alake

Channels Television owned by Chief John Momoh is one of the only few unbiased broadcast station. John Momoh has dinstinguished himself as a professional Journalist right from his days in Radio Nigeria and Nigeria Television Authority. He has never held any appointment for any party neither is he known to fraternise with any political party. If any Television Station enjoy respect from among their pairs for their stand on neutrality, that station is Channels TV.

AriseTV is an international broadcast station with broadcast houses in London, Lagos, New York and Johannesburg. I am yet to see their frolicking with any Nigeria politician or government official. They are unbiased in their reportage.

NPAN is an association of all the print media owners. In other words, both the neutral, biased, political and non-political are members of this Association.

Considering the composition of the debate coordinators, one cannot help but agree that the unbias of the organisers is not in doubt. The APC should allow the amiable General to go head to head with the President, and allow Nigerians the chance to assess both candidates. Personally, I believe in the ability and administrative skills of the amiable General, I also believe in him to take on the President and floor him in the debate. This will not be the first time that the General will partiicipate in a political debate, he debated in 2007 and 2011 and was very impressive. His accent is not a problem to me as long as he passes the right message. APC should allow the General participate and stop making it look like the General is afraid of debate. The excuse of Dele Alake is unacceptable and illogical. I hope that the party will reconsider their position.

God bless the General
God Bless Nigerians
Your general is in the midst of devils. i don't trust your general too anyway.

20 Likes

As an ardent supporter of the General, I think his campaign committe is taking it too far.
The General is an Intelligent man and will floor GEJ anytime, anyday, I've watched his previous debates and he performed excellently.
They should have a rethink, besides those sitting on the fence might have a rethink and accept he's the change we seek.

3 Likes

Febuary 14 should just come and go abeg...Im gettin tired of all this!
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by adrainuche(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
acidtalk:
K

K for KoloMental

2 Likes

ArchEnemy:
and this is a fresh election, the meal of yesterday will not quench today's hunger.
Don't you understand? This is why I want to watch him to debate. Because I so believe in his ability, assertiveness, calm and his vision for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by omenka(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
ArchEnemy:
and this is a fresh election, the meal of yesterday will not quench today's hunger.
But you guys use the meals of 30years plus to feed Nigeria through AIT and NTA. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by drey076(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Mtcheeew watin concern me
Change is all we want
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by mmmustapha(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
my fellow Nigerians please say no to election violence and malpractice. don't allow any politician use you against his selfish interest, vote for your choice, stop spreading rumours, God bless you and Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by buoye1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
I dont think the debate is a pre requisite 2 the election on the 14th....if GMB isn?t interested pls let him be!
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by RotrEmmanuel: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Muhammadu Buhari has nothing to hide nor does he fear anyone. He debated against Yaradua(PDP), Atiku(ACN) and Pat Utomi in 2007. He also debated against Shekarau (ANPP) and Ribadu (ACN) in 2011. He isn't a newbie in Presidential debates.
Yes he is not a newbie! He has been failing since 2003 grin

19 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by mumumugu(m): 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
At least one apc member made sence today

6 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by godswillx: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
I like Buhari. But i am dissapointed by his refusal to debate. He doesnt even seem to have respect for his supporter

10 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Walexz02(m): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
GMB should please go on and honour the debate

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by GARRIx7(m): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
I have absolute trust in the party's decision even if the details are not very clear. The APC team is made of folks who know their onions.

Buhari will debate at the right time and on the right platform.

Even at that debate or not it's Gmb/PYO all the way.

#Ihavedecided

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
only such debate can make me support GMB that's if he performs well in the debate

4 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by reporter1: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Of what benefit is debate to APC at this time? PDP has engaged in character assassination from the beginning without providing any account of their stewardship of the last 16 years.

The reason PDP wants debate at all cost is because all indicators point to Buhari's victory. PDP is looking for a one-liner to sway the public. But it's not going to happen. Wasn't it the same Jonathan that avoided debate in 2011 and went on to debate himself? Now PDP is suddnely interested in debate? Please..

Febhuari 14th is a new dawn. Buhari for president... Jonathan for Otueke

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by omenka(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Don't you understand? This is why I want to watch him to debate. Because I so believe in his ability, assertiveness, calm and his vision for Nigeria.
Free that guy. The use those trashy lines only when it suits them. Jonathan has been feeding Nigerians, through AIT and NTA, with meals of over 30 years supposedly cooked by Buhari. Why don't they complain about that?

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by drey076(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Where he can't recite national anthem.u wan fall papa(buhari)hand 50likes for gej
Mumu
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by RotrEmmanuel: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
MalcoImX:
Now that the certificate thing is not working, they've got another lies to disturb us for a week or so – as if they really want to debate.
Yes the debate will tell if he attended a school or not. grin

It's not all about parading yourself as war college drop out. cool

10 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by JMYK(m): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Must it be GEJ and GMB only where are the other aspirants? I think it should involve all the asprirants and not just two people,hmmn I perceived curning curning
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Frankiss44(m): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
The fact is that APC does not want to take any chance just few weeks to the election because they know that a little mistake from buhari in a public forum like a national debate can jeopadise their chances...... and these people need power by all means just the way a vampire needs blood

17 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Louislewis: 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
[size=16pt]I strongly believe that the title or headline "Channels TV Presidential Debate" should be changed. In the first instant, there was never a debate. Debate by simple definition “is a process that involves more than one or two parties over issue(s) whereby all involved are given equal opportunity to express their views. Does the broadcast this morning from Channels TV with Buhari and his cohorts possessed such characters to be regarded as "Debate"?
It was purely a staged managed questions and answers section organized by members of APC Organised Private Sectors, chaired by APC members," questions from APC members to APC presidential candidate, answer by APC presidential candidate (Buhari), moderated by APC members. 85% of APC members seated as guest and also as Organised Private Sector members. We are watching. The question now, is how do we compare his response to questions with other presidential candidate’s opinions to that same question that concerned the state of affairs in this nation? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Bayswater: 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Damage control, I must say. Chicago style damage control.

Now you are blaming the APC for Buhari's known weakness which is his dirty, bloody and blood-full(sic) past.

Who are you going to blame next when he loses the election?
Bartholomew Owoh? Bernard Ogedengbe? Or the corpers that were killed in Buhari's name at Bauchi?

Ore mi Barcanista, Buhari is a gooner (sic), like arsenal, he no fit win lol

15 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by jingh(f): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
bastien:
Buhari na 2mins man na...... Weitin e get to yarn?
really,is it two minute he used in talking in 2011, kid of yesterday talking jargons to gain like on nl

2 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by esere826: 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Jonathan is down and needs fear no fall
Buhari on the other hand has a lot to loose if he messes up in the debate.
those of us that still have some sense left will really analyse what the man has to offer from his own mouth

and there is indeed a strong probability that he will mess up in the debate

..so its a good decision of his team not to expose his weakness

3 Likes

Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
aanumama:
As an ardent supporter of the General, I think his campaign committe is taking it too far.
The General is an Intelligent man and will floor GEJ anytime, anyday, I've watched his previous debates and he performed excellently.
They should have a rethink, besides those sitting on the fence might have a rethink and accept he's the change we seek.
Re: Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General by Clerverly: 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:
Disappointed but not surprised

Out of every 12,.........

Let it slide!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest / If I Had Been Gowon; I Would’ve Starved Igbos During The Civil War - Reno Omokri / Photos Of The Stolen Mace Being Returned To The National Assembly By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.