Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? (26767 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend From Malawi In A Romantic Way (Photos) / She Turned Down His Proposal, He Decided To Wear The Ring / Ever Turned Down An Ugly Babe And Years Later, You Discover She Already An Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Cocoafera(m): 9:16am On Feb 13, 2015
Girls expressing romantic interest to a guy they like is one of what guys like most, as long as she is atleast ok, like 50% specs, While still a teenager, girls do try their luck on me atimes..... But most of those times were like under_utilized.
But this days, d game is quite different, ladies younger/ a bit older are simply welcome but Terms and Conditions Applies... Especially if she is not up to required specs.....
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Kingsasian(m): 9:16am On Feb 13, 2015
yungchop:
Let the lies flow in.. Even ugly dudes will come and form herw tongue
I wish naija guys will turn down any lady dat expresses her interest....naija guys can't not when she has a kitty cat...lol
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by polite2(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2015
I doubt all dudes DAT claimed dey ve turned down ladies severally. dey should. post de ladies name and mobile no for confirmation
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Odunharry(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2015
elantraceey:

for your mind
cry na so o....na wtn sure pass
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by grad2012(f): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2015
Horlertoungy:
I've done that at least up to 3 times; reasons are 1. The first one was not my taste cos I can't date a lady who is fatter than my mum, I turned down the second one due to age brackets, the girl is older than I am and I can't marry my elder sister's mate. The other one was turned down due to religious differences, she's a chronic SU xtian that cannot convert to any other faith again and am a practicing Muslim.
let just say u dont love any of them cos dis reasons are just not enough not to date a girl. Am dating a muslim and we have been together for two years now my intro will be dis year so if u are saying religion we are one under christ Jesus. And we christian are peacful people.Now lets talk about age am a year older dan him i dint want to date him before cos i never dated a guy am older dan but he keept on insisting to give it a try so i tried an am still luving him till now.Now lets talk about weight am thick behind and short wit hips so u can say am plus size am not a tall skinny model lols,and wit all dis he still aproached me himself and he is tall, hot wit a fine face and a good character and he had lot gals to pick from to d extent ihad to tell him one day are u sure u dont want to date tall and skinny babes lols and he laughed. So non of dis reasons u gave was actually d reason u turned dem down it just because u dint luv any of dem.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by singlefade25(f): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2015
humilitypays:
I think every grown man must have turned down a lady in his lifetime...just that guys don't always make noise about it. And I will advice ladies to shun all these modern push and western culture and avoid approaching guys first. The best thing to do is give him enough glaring green light, but never u as a lady approach a guy and woo him directly- most responsible/mature guys will freak out and turn u down directly/indirectly.

Some things are natural- b4 a lady gathers the liver against all odds to woo a guy first, something must be in it. I might be wrong, but pls ladies beware...giving enough green lights is safer for u ladies pls.
One million likes, I will never woo or ask a guy out, call me old fashion.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Toks2008(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2015
Yes on several occasions not because they are not sweet or that I don't want them but its the fact that all of them are either married or seperated but not divorced. In my world,seperation is not divorce.

But honestly I will not mind a sngle lady expressing her love for me. I seriously need it now.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2015
falconey:
I turned down 3 and date 1 because she was heavily endowed

You can lie to man,but lying to God is something else undecided
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by steppin: 9:26am On Feb 13, 2015
androidroot:
yeah! i've done that many times. expecially when you're very serious in your studies.
You're truly very serious "with" your studies.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by yungzeed(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2015
androidroot:
yeah! i've done that many times. expecially when you're very serious in your studies.

LOL.... Guy u 2 funny. Many times indeed jst dey run ur mouth.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by IamDanto7(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2015
MrIncrediible:
I turned down 3 when I was trying to woo my Gf (ex) simply because I didn't want to double date. We broke up some months later and I ended up losing 4 ladies. sad

Lol grin Loser.! grin
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Hardeybaryor(m): 9:28am On Feb 13, 2015
It has happened to me before. I was having a smooth relationship. The person is question is a very close friend and she knows about my relationship even though both of them have never seen or talk together before. I made her understand how important her friendship is to me and how close she is to me. Even though the person I turned her down for is no longer with me but she's always with me and it has ever been a wonderful friendship.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Tallesty1(m): 9:31am On Feb 13, 2015
3cycle:
Where is tallesty1? Come and answer the WAEC question.
I haven't turned a lady down nah...... You sef
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Defcon1(m): 9:31am On Feb 13, 2015
I wish a lady could ask me out.
l think it is easier to get high on water than for that to happen.
Almost impossible.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by grad2012(f): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=Toks2008 post=30686699]Yes on several occasions not because they are not sweet or that I don't want them but its the fact that all of them are either married or seperated but not divorced. In my world,seperation is not divorce.

But honestly I will not mind a sngle lady expressing her love for me. I seriously need it now.[/quote that is so swEet dont worry mr toks2008 sweet people like u get d best t smiley u are luved
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2015
It was on one church service, when one of my colleagues invited me to a church function. Having earlier told me of a girl who she would like me to marry. Unknown to me, she had already informed the girl.
While my mission to the church was to first know the girl, the girl was already basking in the euphoria of seeing her husband-to-be.
I got there to see my colleague who pointed on the girl for me. Seeing her, I did not get what I want and I tried to avoid her throughout the function. Immediately after the service, I was among the first to leave the church.
The girl was downcast and disappointment was written all over her face but I did not talk to her to avoid committing myself to what I never planned. As we all know one man's rose is another man's weed.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by seunoni34(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2015
I did once, but with respect. So she wouldn't feel inferior. Though we became friends afterwards.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by ekundayoalo(m): 9:36am On Feb 13, 2015
Hardeybaryor:
It has happened to me before. I was having a smooth relationship. The person is question is a very close friend and she knows about my relationship even though both of them have never seen or talk together before. I made her understand how important her friendship is to me and how close she is to me. Even though the person I turned her down for is no longer with me but she's always with me and it has ever been a wonderful friendship.
Since ur gf is not long with you, what are u waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by chinedusamson(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2015
Nah... I'll rather take d moment...in full and explore her world of freebies. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by An2elect2(f): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
singlefade25:
One million likes, I will never woo or ask a guy out, call me old fashion.

It is not old fashion dear, its very normal and natural not to.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Tallesty1(m): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2015
iceberylin:
You dont turn down whats RARE wink
Married woman, your landlord's daughter or your gf's best friend never ask you out be that because turning them down won't be enough when they do, you will also be running for your precious head.

It is no fun bro, women that have the balls to ask guys out hardly take NO for an ANSWER
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by jericco1(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2015
I've sure did. It pains me though.
A wasted effort. But one has to weigh the situation at hand.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by incanto: 9:45am On Feb 13, 2015
Thing is that I just don't know why ladies you like will never make a pass at you, its usually the ones you don't like lol. I have turned down quite few but I made sure I did it maturely and respectfully too cos I really respect those ladies guts. I still relate with all of them except one who got so bitter and hated me for turning her down
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2015
yes twice n most times especially if there is no light after the tunnel...... there is no need wasting each others time
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by naijaboiy: 9:50am On Feb 13, 2015
chinedusamson:
Nah... I'll rather take d moment...in full and explore her world of freebies. grin
Bad guy grin
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Hardeybaryor(m): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2015
ekundayoalo:
Since ur gf is not long with you, what are u waiting for?

lol. Not everyone that loves you is meant for you, likewise you are not meant for everyone that you love.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by suitor(m): 9:53am On Feb 13, 2015
Yeah it sometimes happen, maybe when she's not worth your standard or probably not your taste cryYeah it sometimes happen, maybe when she's not worth your standard or probably not your taste
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by aadejesu: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2015
I'm going to turn one down today, I know she no like me reach like that, she's just looking for a Guy with small change for VAL.........women henhh.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by chrisviral(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2015
I did once, reason been she was my sister's friend and I had already accepted her as just my sister's friend, changing the feeling all over again felt awkward to me.
Needless to say, I was even trying to connect her with my own friend when she dropped the bomb shell!

I was shocked, was my first time of encountering such, I couldn't turn her down out rightly, I just avoided her or the issue whenever she brought it up.
But we all good now.

She was good pretty and has most of the specs, but it was as loving a sister, same as when you start liking your female bestie.. Awkward feelings!
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Expsbterror(m): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2015
ekundayoalo:
Have you ever turned down a lady who has expressed a romantic interest in you?

Ladies usually don't express their interest in a guy unless they know you well and it takes immense love in her heart for her to break the norms and take the lead in expressing interest. So guys, have you ever turned down a lady?
And to the ladies who has done this before, how do you feel when you're turned down by the guy you really cared for?

Yes I have. Couple of times.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2015
lukuluku101:
Yes. I hailed her courage and thanked her, but affirmed my love for my family, over everything else. It takes a brave and mature lady to do so. We both understand our boundaries and remain close till date.
Re: Have You Ever Turned Down A Lady Who Has Expressed A Romantic Interest In You? by wheezyoung(m): 10:04am On Feb 13, 2015
hifaif:
I have turned down a girl once. She wanted a kiss. I hate kissing. Flat fhuck!!!
niggur? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I’m Shy Around Guys, How Do I Overcome The Shyness / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? / Ladies Enjoys this More Than Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.