Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Water Elements And 'Water Children' - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Water Elements And 'Water Children' (101498 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (oct. 13th 2015) -ELEMENTS PROVIDE SUPPORT / 40 Days Word And Water Therapy Challenge / Who Created Darkness And Water? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Alexcassy:

Don't know if u are a man or a woman but I'm sure u don't know everything, why do scientists keep revising their theories on things, if they have absolute proof then their shouldn't be any need for revision. My dear if you know who just typed this reply then you will not tell anyone ever again that such things don't exist. Google sanctum sanctorium. I have seen what it is and I still have proof of touching it till today in my body 7 years after the encounter, by the way I studied computer science. so I'm not ignorant.

If you want the answers to your questions then learn some science.

Magic, juju and mami waters have no place in the modern world and belong in primitive superstition - THEY DONT EXIST!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by simdam500(m): 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
It called water! I like the word "elements"...

Water has a lot in it. The same way so many things make up the earth crust; gold, crude oil, fossil and back then when coin were spent, we find them in the soil too.

So I think those are part of what made up water in west African way. Nigeria elders specifically have the belief some water that just erupted from an unwanted place are human, maid that have been pushed against the wall, king that was offended, slave that was tortured to death. So back to water. Yes there is, Yoruba even believe them to be the extremely fair people "omo pupa""omo omi" some of them are believed to be very tragic when they are offended and a blessing when they are worshipped....

above all belief matters embarassed
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
ChokolateBoss:
Every statement has a truth value. Ok let's see if any shred of proof can be offered as regards all these mami water and papi water ish cos I've researched like mad and all this ish CANNOT be objectively verifiable. That guy that said he has a foto of mami water, now will be a good time to post it. U guys believe in half-human half-fish creatures? That's cool. We all believe sth a little interesting on d side. U know being 'normal' can be boring sometimes. But half-human half-fish creatures aint alone in this. Remember there are half-human half-horse, half-human half-eagle, half-human half-lion, etc....How many of u have seen such? Anyone pls? U want myths and fairy tales? Go read Greek legends. The thing is, how many Greeks now still believe in myths like medusa, gorgons and ish.
Ehen I bet u guys must have heard about what goes on in our mortuaries. But wait o, why is it that its only in naija mortuaries that d dead bodies inside will host parties, dance and even fight boxing? Outside d mortuaries they're capable of NOTHING but once inside, those mortuary attendant guys will tell us how some dead bodies are too stubborn and always fight other bodies. Abeg na police cell dem dey? grin. Ok I know u've all heard one story or d other but how many of u have ACTUALLY seen it with ur eyes?

Anyway while u guys are debating about mami water and papi water, NASA is theorizing about the possibility of intergalactic travel at warp speed. There's now Windows10 for d public, with holographic computing.

My guy KoloOyinbo how u dey na? As an Irish guy, care to tell us about leprechauns and such? Maybe u believe in them
grin grin

I dey fine o! Hey if there are parties in Naija mortuaries it must have been a GRAND one when Abacha died!

Of course we believe in Leprechauns - especially when there are American tourists about! Do you know the pepe generated by Leprechaun souvenirs? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Akorede612:

Smiling in Hindu... lehme say it in Yoruba... "O mo'aye"(u no kno Liife).

and pray mke u kno am... "aye a na omo no iye"(life wey dey beat pikin beat in mother join).

2015 my foot. dey wil always b...dats d way dz world z structured. ...until Jesus coms

Well I am 58, University Educated, have had two careers as an astronomer for over 20 years and now as an International Consultant in Standards. I have travelled the world and current visit Naija to train your executives.

Now I am being told that I don't know life by someone who actually believes in mermaids?? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
blym4real:

have you seen the number of white who comes to partake in the osun osogbo festival.

Perhaps I will go myself one day. These have wonderful cultural value! But I can assure you they don't believe in any 'River Goddess'.

If they say they do they are trying not to offend anyone who does but will enjoy a little smile afterwards!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Ishilove: 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
bond77:

Hmmmm.... am impressed

I think its high time I pay you a spiritual visit
You're very welcome if your intentions are not insidious. If they are, well, I won't be responsible for whatever manhandling you will encounter grin
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Alexcassy: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

If you want the answers to your questions then learn some science.

Magic, juju and mami waters have no place in the modern world and belong in primitive superstition - THEY DONT EXIST!

keep deceiving yourself. the fact that you have not seen me before does that mean that I don't exist? do you know who I am? or anything about me? I don't have to force you to believe what I know and beside I am learning about science and ur so called scientists are also learning. five years ago there was no such thing as the god particle but its been found now. don't compare things of the spirit with things of the physical I can assure they are eons separated from each other and I should know from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by blym4real: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Perhaps I will go myself one day. These have wonderful cultural value! But I can assure you they don't believe in any 'River Goddess'.

If they say they do they are trying not to offend anyone who does but will enjoy a little smile afterwards!
ever heard about this name SUSAN
WENGER
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by bond77(m): 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ishilove:

You're very welcome if your intentions are not insidious. If they are, well, I won't be responsible for whatever manhandling you will encounter grin

Is that a threat?.... Do you even know who I am?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
blym4real:

ever heard about this name SUSAN
WENGER

Yes she was an Austrian or German artist who went to Africa and became a Yoruba priestess or something like that?

I know some artists who became 'moonies' and others who joined even weirder cults. So what?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by davien(m): 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
Alexcassy:

keep deceiving yourself. the fact that you have not seen me before does that mean that I don't exist? do you know who I am? or anything about me? I don't have to force you to believe what I know and beside I am learning about science and ur so called scientists are also learning. five years ago there was no such thing as the god particle but its been found now. don't compare things of the spirit with things of the physical I can assure they are eons separated from each other and I should know from experience.
We don't have to see you to conclude you don't exist...
Science actually permits us to detect things our senses cannot....so how does a faith based belief even stand a chance of scientific and/or logical scrutiny?..
For one we know for a fact that someone/something has tot be behind an electronic device to grant you access to the internet...
And you either have no or little understanding of how science works....the "god" particle was still theorized 5 years ago and all it needed was a testable hypothesis to confirm it....
You, like most of the ancients....mask your ignorance with "superstition"...that something is unknown is a golden ticket to label it "supernatural", and you've taken this to justify your beliefs....
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by skylane: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

I'll see mermaids live? They are gonna be 3-dimensional real beings existing in real time? Wow! Can't wait for such an experience.
Mermaid viewing loading..........
Pls tell d mermaids I'm coming. I'm very interested? Where are they btw? U rear them in a pond or river somewhere? Can u just snap them and show me here first? Of cos I'll see them I promise. I'm in PH now. U?
am in abuja city right now ok location uploading, please be patient
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by blym4real: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Yes she was an Austrian or German artist who went to Africa and became a Yoruba priestess or something like that?

I know some artists who became 'moonies' and others who joined even weirder cults. So what?

was she deluded,uneducated or was she from africa.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
Alexcassy:

Which university are you learning science in? If you are studying the 'God Particle' then your field must be sub atomic particles!

Or are you studying science from the internet and youtube?

Or are you studying what some uneducated people who know no science are telling you about what they would like you to believe about science in order to fool you in accepting things that are not real?

I wonder? BUT of course if you really are studying science then you will know about proof.

A scientists believes AFTER proof. Proper repeatable, verifiable proof!

So where is the proof of mermaids? cheesy

IF they existed then over the last few hundred years there would be incontrovertible proof. Instead we have ZERO proof!

As an ex astronomer for over 20 years (I am now a business consultant) I am interested in which University you are studying in and which course you are taking?

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
blym4real:

was she deluded,uneducated or was she from africa.

She was quite - hmmm - whats the best word - eccentric! Which most like her go to Indian and become Hari Krishnas or try to fly while meditating with yoga she decided to believe in Yoruba Gods!

I NEVER said ANYONE or ANY CULTURE had a monopoly on being superstitious!

I am told she was a good artist and would not like the eccentricity of some of her life to detract in any way from her work.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
skylane:

Great I want to see them too!

Chocolateboss and I have very high standards. Please make sure the mami waters are very hot babes abeg

Can you have an Ashawo mami waters I wonder or a mami waters runz gal?

Perhaps I am missing out on something! cheesy

Will they bring their own kai kai or only come after I have consumed large amounts of it? cheesy
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by redvektor(m): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
sukkot:
[b]on a quick side note. i am in temporary NL hiatus till i resume fully this weekend coming when YAH decides to bring in his NWO. so if i have not answered any of your posts, pardon me lol. i will when i return. but i had to address this topic.

well people are born into four elemental signs. air earth water and fire. the most important of these signs is water because if you are under a water sign then there is a chance that you are one of the saints of God, back again on earth in the reincarnation. all the saints are born in water. like moses was found in water. now not everyone born under the water sign is a saint, but every saint will be born under the water sign. the zodiac signs you will be born under to be water will be scorpio, pisces and cancer. now keep in mind these are spiritual programs in people. so a person under the water sign who is a saint will be very protected by God so that if you are trying to hurt these people you will just find out that bad things will be happening to you. the Lord has angels protecting these people. they are not ordinary spirits. these people have extraordinary spirits and talents that will be utilized when the Lord activates them. so it will be in your best interest not to mess with one and try to treat them bad. some of them are dormant and dont quite know that they are special while some are activated. they are very peaceful and loving people who dont hurt other people. they are dormant angels on earth waiting to get activated and called on to unleash their celestial messages skills and talents. so this is real. and like i said before they are from the water signs scorpio pisces or cancer. however not everyone in these signs are ' marine spirits ' but every marine spirit will be from these 3 signs.

another characteristic of these ' marine spirits ' is that they are unable to cope with this world. they struggle to be successful or to maintain a regular 9 to 5 work five days a week life and are very miserable if they have to because they are not created for that. they are introverts who just want to read and acquire knowledge and find peace and balance and rest of mind. they are not about hustling or chasing carnal dreams [/b]
what if i tell u i fall into this group? And most times in my dream i see things about 2 happen in d physical

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by blym4real: 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Which university are you learning science in? If you are studying the 'God Particle' then your field must be sub atomic particles!

Or are you studying science from the internet and youtube?

Or are you studying what some uneducated people who know no science are telling you about what they would like you to believe about science in order to fool you in accepting things that are not real?

I wonder? BUT of course if you really are studying science then you will know about proof.

A scientists believes AFTER proof. Proper repeatable, verifiable proof!

So where is the proof of mermaids? cheesy

IF they existed then over the last few hundred years there would be incontrovertible proof. Instead we have ZERO proof!

As an ex astronomer for over 20 years (I am now a business consultant) I am interested in which University you are studying in and which course you are taking?

Where is the proof of the big bang or cosmology theory?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Veron265(f): 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gosh, this thread has taken up most of my morning...I'd fire me if I were my boss #smh

All in all, this has been very interesting to read about, knowledge is power.

I consider myself spiritual, a believer and aware there are forces not seen by the regular jack and jill;
one has to be on a certain spiritual level to do so. The gift of discernment allows for one to learn more about this; not everyone has this gift, one would have to ask God for the Holy Spirit to impart this Gift!

I have not seen mermaids, nor have I been aware of 'mami waters',
I have though, heard of the marine world in charismatic Christianity. I also know of Muslims who refuse to be around natural bodies of water around dusk etc.
Call it what you like, but these entities exist, rather than denying them...open your mind to explore and gain some knowledge.
Just my thoughts
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
redvektor:
what if i tell u i fall into this group? And most times in my dream i see things about 2 happen in d physical

What's your zodiac sign?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Ishilove: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
bond77:

Is that a threat?.... Do you even know who I am?
No I don't, but do YOU know who I am?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
skylane:
lol. clown. was nice chatting with u guys. d comic relief is needed sometimes
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
skylane:
KoloOyinbo:

Great I want to see them too!
Chocolateboss and I have very high standards. Please make sure the mami waters are very hot babes abeg
Can you have an Ashawo mami waters I wonder or a mami waters runz gal?
Perhaps I am missing out on something! cheesy
Will they bring their own kai kai or only come after I have consumed large amounts of it? cheesy
hahahahahahahahaha no be small thing o. i hope skylane shows us the pretty sexy ones that day, not the ones wey go tie wrapper, rub chalk and carry calabash for head. ehen skylane, ask those mami water whether dem dey booze cos i got me some good ol' whiskey
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
blym4real:

Where is the proof of the big bang or cosmology theory?

Which cosmology theory in particular.

For the big bang the major proof (but not the only one) is the successful prediction of the cosmic microwave background radiation by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson back in the 1940.

The Scientific method is as follows:

1) Make an observation of some interesting fact
2) Construct one (or more) theories to explain said observation
3) The theory should be testable and if true (or partially true) should allow a prediction (if we do this then that will happen or if our theory is true then we should also observe etc)
4) We look for the results of the 'test'.
5) If not found then discard the theory and try something else.

To follow this very simply in the case of the big bang (on a personal note I hate that term because of the misconceptions it creates among laymen):

1) We observe the Universe to be expanding.
2) We theorise it must therefore be expanding outwards from some as yet unknown point
3) As things expand they cool down (the converse is that as anything is compressed it heats up - try compressing air in a bicycle pump). So using some very complex maths and studies of radiation the theory predicted that there should be a background radiation left over from this expansion at a wavelength corresponding to a temp just above absolute zero.
4) This was predicted by the model and initial attempts to find it were unsuccessful. Then Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson (partly by chance) discovered it in the 1940s.

Sorry to be so brief but you would require a book to explain it fully.

Probably physics is not too relevant on a thread about magic and superstition but I am happy to be of help.

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

hahahahahahahahaha no be small thing o. i hope skylane shows us the pretty sexy ones that day, not the ones wey go tie wrapper, rub chalk and carry calabash for head. ehen skylane, ask those mami water whether dem dey booze cos i got me some good ol' whiskey

Ah. Although the Irish invented Whisky (minus the 'e') the Scots (who came from the Irish) refined it better than us (and in the process added an 'e' - Whiskey). So what good Whisky do you have? Laiphroig or Auchintoshan are my two favourites!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

They only seem to choose superstitious fools in the developing world where education is poor! Funny that?

I suppose you believe in bullet proof charms and juju also?
please don't insult anyone here.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Science reveals sub atomic particles AFTER proof!

Legends exist but without proof!
what is the proof of the God particle? stop talking about what your knowledge is limited in... at least try to be objective.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
shyna01:

what is the proof of the God particle? stop talking about what your knowledge is limited in... at least try to be objective.

Are you conversant in sub atomic physics?

The God particle is just a nickname given to a fundamental particle (nothing to do with God if that is what is upsetting you).

Objective in what? (Quite funny to be talking objectivity with people superstitious enough to believe in mermaids and magic and juju etc) cheesy
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
shyna01:

please don't insult anyone here.

Oh I don't actually mean to be insulting but merely factual. Most properly educated people do not believe in the non existent rubbish talked here.

Ignorance means lack of knowledge which is usually the direct result of no or a poor education. Usually this is not the individuals fault. Most people in this position listen to those more knowledgeable and thus learn. A minority would rather argue a silly an untenable position. That's ok it just means that they remain mired in ignorance!

The more people concentrate on what is real and forget all this juju rubbish the better for Nigeria.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Yes we have a soul I believe. No we cannot see it and magical spirits do not appear to us! Please don't try and use Religion to make people believe in primitive savage superstition! They are two different things!
what is the essence/use/importance of the soul?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Alexcassy: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
davien:
We don't have to see you to conclude you don't exist...
Science actually permits us to detect things our senses cannot....so how does a faith based belief even stand a chance of scientific and/or logical scrutiny?..
For one we know for a fact that someone/something has tot be behind an electronic device to grant you access to the internet...
And you either have no or little understanding of how science works....the "god" particle was still theorized 5 years ago and all it needed was a testable hypothesis to confirm it....
You, like most of the ancients....mask your ignorance with "superstition"...that something is unknown is a golden ticket to label it "supernatural", and you've taken this to justify your beliefs....

OK make una no vexx o as e be say una sabi plenty things OK. I honestly don't like arguing with people just to prove a point I'm past that I just pray for you that you will not experience them. you won't have the mouth to say rubbish again.

believe me my brother also speaks big big grammar like u before he went through hell for four years so if he can change his opinion then .........
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by davien(m): 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Alexcassy:

OK make una no vexx o as e be say una sabi plenty things OK. I honestly don't like arguing with people just to prove a point I'm past that I just pray for you that you will not experience them. you won't have the mouth to say rubbish again.

believe me my brother also speaks big big grammar like u before he went through hell for four years so if he can change his opinion then .........
lol....argument? , "you'll not experience them"? grin
You've already expressed being offended and yet,just from objective reviews of your post. grin

Send my regards to your brother in "hell"...ask him if his ancestors who never heard of Christianity are there... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Top 10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshiped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.