Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu (117156 Views)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Nike, Enugu / Buy Lands At Royal Palm Estates Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Pchinak: 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
ifyalways:
Typed my last post in angst. Not so cool.

May God provide for us as we double up our hustle and pay for this fencing this new week. I will be praying for everyone involved in this project and I know my God never disappoints.

It is well with us all and with Ugwuanyi.

Thanks for the prayers. You too much jare.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by PHfinest(m): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
I am very positive about this venture.
The dry season will bring opportunity for development. And oga spyder is gearing up for that.

@ify, the whole economic environment (especially in Nigeria) is frustrating at the moment. It is worse than most of us think, but things will surely improve.

Sofly Sofly Cachy Monky

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
PHfinest:
I am very positive about this venture.
The dry season will bring opportunity for development. And oga spyder is gearing up for that.

@ify, the whole economic environment (especially in Nigeria) is frustrating at the moment. It is worse than most of us think, but things will surely improve.

Sofly Sofly Cachy Monky
Apologies for that outburst/post. I do understand that Country is somehow now. It is well.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Expect updates from my long meeting with the families that sold me this land. I am about to commence the fence works and other work and we needed to put everything in proper order. More of the updates later.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2015
I went and held a meeting with the families that sold me this land, the meeting was called to complete the traditional rites for this land. In Igbo land, we have this tradition of doing "IKPA NRI ANI" and it involves cooking for the families you acquired their lands so everyone will gather and feast, a great opportunity to introduce yourself to all other members of the extended families you have not met, and of talking about many other things not related to payment of the land, since everything about payments and signing must have been completed before the traditional rites.

However, many communities and families are now insisting that the whole process be monetized, since the processes of cooking and feasting may not be convenient for all of them, but the real reasons are that they always want to squeeze out more money from the buyers. They do this by giving you a long line of items to buy in addition to the cooking, like clothes for all the women in the compound, wines, yams, goats for each plot and usually the negotiation lasts for so long that you will be almost frustrated. They told me to give them a cow and a million naira when we started the first negotiations, in addition to the cooking and feasting.

Yesterday, I went into the meeting with a view to push the cost of the traditional rites down to bearable levels, and we argued till late in the evening, many left the venue out of annoyance, there were shouting matches, and some were later begged to return, me on my own part left in anger at a point, and some had to beg me too to switch off my car and return, as they might change their minds and increase the amount they are asking for.

In the end, they all insisted on N30,000 to be paid for each plot of land, while I told them its N25,000 or nothing else. Some of them who needs money more than others has agreed to collect N25,000 for each of their own plots as settlement for "nri ani" They will sign for this money in another agreement we will draft before payment. I want all of us to be aware of this, and make suggestions on what to do.

I still have enough money to start work in this land, I had set aside about N2m for the culvert and the bulldozing plus the provision of electric poles etc, and the money is intact. I also have collected about N1,050,000 from payments for the fencing of this land and the gate house, I plan to commence work this weekend, but I am still wondering if bulldozing this land is very necessary, bulldozing this land will make it open, and clear for development but will increase the risk of erosion, and even scatter some of our beacons already planted. The wider community and town council might also come out to demand that money be paid to them before bulldozers could be allowed to pass and work on the land. (The family told me that the community collects 10% of total cost of land as development levy, but I don't plan to pay it till buildings start)

When can we pay this money? I understand things are tough, but we should try and do the best we can. Should I use the bulldozing money for this traditional rites? They are not stopping me from clearing this land because I have not paid for traditional rites, I have even contacted boys to start the clearing of grass and leveling of the roads so tippers can start delivering sand and gravel. The water in the stream is drying up, maybe it will completely stop in the next 2 weeks but we can start with delivering of materials and fencing.

I am also very happy to note that among all the members of this families who came back for this meeting, there is no controversy over the sale of this land, everything about this land is genuine, only that the amount they are asking for left me very unhappy.

Expecting your suggestions, good morning.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
Are we supposed to bear the cost of this nri ani undecided

@Spyder880, I quoted you earlier in regards my plot you missed its payment, please check and update.

People make una come shook mouth for matter. . .in Strong Warfy voice and face. cheesy
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
ifyalways:

@Spyder880, I quoted you earlier in regards my plot you missed its payment, please check and update.

People make una come shook mouth for matter. . .in Strong Warfy voice and face. cheesy

Oh, I will update that list later.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by blank(f): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
See Omonile in action.

Didn't know Igbo land had their version of Omonile.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Onuokwu: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
spyder880:
I went and held a meeting with the families that sold me this land, the meeting was called to complete the traditional rites for this land. In Igbo land, we have this tradition of doing "IKPA NRI ANI" and it involves cooking for the families you acquired their lands.

However, many communities and families are now insisting that the whole process be monetized, since the processes of cooking and feasting may not be convenient for all of them, but the real reasons are that they always want to squeeze out more money from the buyers.

Yesterday, I went into the meeting with a view to push the cost of the traditional rites down to bearable levels, and we argued till late in the evening, many left the venue out of annoyance, there were shouting matches, and some were later begged to return, me on my own part left in anger at a point, and some had to beg me too to switch off my car and return, as they might change their minds and increase the amount they are asking for.

I am also very happy to note that among all the members of this families who came back for this meeting, there is no controversy over the sale of this land, everything about this land is genuine, only that the amount they are asking for left me very unhappy.

Expecting your suggestions, good morning.

blank:
See Omonile in action.
Didn't know Igbo land had their version of Omonile.

ifyalways:

Very Annoying. You should have negotiated this at the beginning of the acquisition. Abeg, insist on cooking the food for them. Person wey no wan chop, make s/he forget am.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Onuokwu:

Very Annoying. You should have negotiated this at the beginning of the acquisition. Abeg, insist on cooking the food for them. Person wey no wan chop, make s/he forget am.

They will always make it harder for you . Like give you an outrageous list of items. I already went that route with them. That seems harder.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ugwup: 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
To me if you know that the boys will give you a good wider road to the site, then you can make use of the bulldozer money for the IKPA NRI ANI then we can get ready for development levy which I hope is 10% of 400,000.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
ugwup:
To me if you know that the boys will give you a good wider road to the site, then you can make use of the bulldozer money for the IKPA NRI ANI then we can get ready for development levy which I hope is 10% of 400,000.

The road was also agreed by all present at the meeting, a 30 ft road into the plot, over the stream where I will construct the culvert.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by okumbe(m): 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hmmm just subscribed, please bc of time I can't go through all the comments and discussions u guys earlier discussed, what I just want to know is how do one pay to be an owner of a plot or two, and how would someone not in Enugu now have legal document that he or she has paid until he or she meets u "Spider880" inn person?
Please if am wrong someone should correct me okay. I'm very much interested.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 5:16am On Nov 17, 2015
Modified
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 5:24am On Nov 17, 2015
Onuokwu:

Very Annoying. You should have negotiated this at the beginning of the acquisitionm.
Yeah, Oga Spyder should have done this or at best given us a hint that other charges besides the basic ones will come up as we progress. I personally subscribe to estates cos I believe the estate developer handles ALL of such miscellaneous charges or at best factored that in before sales so that no one will be in for surprises;That's how it's done in Lagos atleast. If I buy from an estate, the developer handles " omonile".

Fence money, after nearly 3 months of disputing and long talks, we never see complete, now this.

I'm of the opinion that Oga Spyder should tell us once and for all, the total cost of other miscellaneous charges we should expect so one should plan ahead and know what to do.

3 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 5:33am On Nov 17, 2015
If there's a voting for this: I vote against using bulldozer money to settle nri ani. I don't solve problems by running away from it.

Every money should be used for what it was meant for unless there's no need for it ever again, then a refund or use for something else.

We should DEAL with this nri ani ish once and for all. The community cannot and should not scare us or take us for granted and we should also not play into their hands or games abeg.

How much are we going to pay and how are we paying/ sharing this nri ani fees?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by brabus(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2015
Oga spyder880, don't play into the hands of these people o. If you pay this, trust me many more are coming.
Someone in overseas (Mogadishu) will say his/her family was not duly compensated and that's how they'll begin.
At such time like this, your toughness is required. You're not going to fight and you're not going to laugh with anyone.

@subscribers, pls be patient with my Oga. It's just a matter of time.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2015
brabus:
Oga spyder880, don't play into the hands of these people o. If you pay this, trust me many more are coming.
Someone in overseas (Mogadishu) will say his/her family was not duly compensated and that's how they'll begin.
At such time like this, your toughness is required. You're not going to fight and you're not going to laugh with anyone.

Co-signed.

We'll definitely pay something one way or the other but not as easy and fast like we've become their ATM. They surely will need money for Xmas and school fees next year, the economy generally " squeeze face " for everyone so all of us ( them + us) gotta bend a bit for each other.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
ifyalways:

Co-signed.

We'll definitely pay something one way or the other but not as easy and fast like we've become their ATM. They surely will need money for Xmas and school fees next year, the economy generally " squeeze face " for everyone so all of us ( them + us) gotta bend a bit for each other.
]

Well understood. I have been keeping calm since and watching things. I would have wanted to move into the land like today and start work but if the general consensus on our part is to wait, I will wait until you people order me to move.

One of them even called me this morning to ask about the date of payment but I asked them to start clearing the road I bought leading into the land (which still has some crops on it) before I will come and see them again. I love the waiting game, but if I own the land to myself, I will prefer to take possession immediately. No time for stories grin
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
brabus:

Many more payments will not come up, I am from here and we all know what and what to be paid, "nri ani" is something nobody can dodge in Igboland. It is a customary requirement for a land deal to be cemented after cash has been exchanged , and was supposed to be a feast where I will even come with my entire people to enjoy dance ,cooking and merriment meant to join the two parties and introduce everyone to everyone else. Land purchase is treated here like a marriage ceremony, same process .

The only difference is that these days, people now want their cooking to be converted to cash

Nobody can come and claim their family was cheated because everyone who was supposed to sign was represented. We identified the head of every household and they all signed the agreements.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
spyder880:

]

Well understood. I have been keeping calm since and watching things. I would have wanted to move into the land like today and start work but if the general consensus on our part is to wait, I will wait until you people order me to move.

One of them even called me this morning to ask about the date of payment but I asked them to start clearing the road I bought leading into the land (which still has some crops on it) before I will come and see them again. I love the waiting game, but if I own the land to myself, I will prefer to take possession immediately. No time for stories grin
I also want us to secure this land ie get it fenced asap. My problem is that people have suddenly gone awol on this thread since the fencing ish and haven't contributed much now either, unless they talk with you offline.

I'm ready to pay if there's an agreed sum, btw. Can you contact the subscribers individually and inform them of this development as some of them might not be aware ( frequent NLD)

My opinion does not represent every other person's just that they are not contributing. So you can't start fencing until this nri ani is paid? Mehn, I just want to see my investment secured that's why I'm always here talking/ typing away when something comes up.

3 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Cc
Whirlwind7
Spygadgets
UgwuP
Lighter note
Macjive01
glogirl
Piyke
MASTERCC

Etc, etc
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ugwup: 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
Just like I said before, spyder880 made some clear suggestion about taking bulldozer in and the damage it will cause like creating erosion, removing some of the beacons making it difficult for identification and that is the major reason I suggest that we should use the money for bulldozer for "IKPA NRI ANI", on the other hand I will like to suggest that spyder880 should also find out what it will cost to use boys around the village to root all the trees and clear the land if the house agrees that he can use the money meant for the bulldozer for "IKPA NRI ANI". My advice to all of us that subscribed for this land is that we should not see it that the owners are trying to make us their ATM is the normal thing to do IKPA NRI ANI when you buy land from the original owners (called virgin land). Moreover I will encourage all of us to try and find out what other parts of Enugu are paying as development fee this will help us appreciate or ask question on some of the payments that is coming up from spyder880 and the owners. God will help us and give us the resources and wisdom to secure our investment.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by TLAX: 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
spyder880:

Many more payments will not come up, I am from here and we all know what and what to be paid, "nri ani" is something nobody can dodge in Igboland. It is a customary requirement for a land deal to be cemented after cash has been exchanged , and was supposed to be a feast where I will even come with my entire people to enjoy dance ,cooking and merriment meant to join the two parties and introduce everyone to everyone else. Land purchase is treated here like a marriage ceremony, same process .

The only difference is that these days, people now want their cooking to be converted to cash

Nobody can come and claim their family was cheated because everyone who was supposed to sign was represented. We identified the head of every household and they all signed the agreements.

Agreed that everybody knows of the post payment rites to cement land purchase but don't leave them complicate it more than it should be. Traditions differ. In my own area it is called "ewu ani" and you simply slaughter a goat in the presence of family members selling the land and the sale becomes irreversible after that. No other ceremony. So in this case,bit would have been good to let other people have complete information ad to what is involved because this "nri ani" and others that may come up in future may be unknown to them.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2015
ugwup:
Just like I said before, spyder880 made some clear suggestion about taking bulldozer in and the damage it will cause like creating erosion, removing some of the beacons making it difficult for identification and that is the major reason I suggest that we should use the money for bulldozer for "IKPA NRI ANI", on the other hand I will like to suggest that spyder880 should also find out what it will cost to use boys around the village to root all the trees and clear the land if the house agrees that he can use the money meant for the bulldozer for "IKPA NRI ANI". My advice to all of us that subscribed for this land is that we should not see it that the owners are trying to make us their ATM is the normal thing to do IKPA NRI ANI when you buy land from the original owners (called virgin land). Moreover I will encourage all of us to try and find out what other parts of Enugu are paying as development fee this will help us appreciate or ask question on some of the payments that is coming up from spyder880 and the owners. God will help us and give us the resources and wisdom to secure our investment.

Nri ani = omonile
My only point was : Oga Spyder should have factored that in before sales. That's a moot point and by-the-way now.

Moving on, I think it's best we use part of the bulldozer funds for this because people are not forthcoming with contributions.

Questions for Oga Spyder :
I hope the locals/ community won't start asking for various miscellaneous fees when subscribers start developing their plots ? Please include this in the nri ani agreement. This nri ani settles us and them but Ofcourse, in the spirit of fair play and peace, subscribers that want can contact and contract them for whatever services they can offer in regards building/development.

I have forgotten the second question but I will brb

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Piyke: 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
My opinion,
Spyder880 should use the bulldozer money for the nri ani since massive bulldozing will cause erosion and besides how many of us are ready to start erecting buildings on their plots now?
Again asking people to start paying another sum in quick succession, in addition to the fencing isn't ideal.

I think the priority should be on doing the nri ani and fencing the estate ASAP.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
I saw this news on the Enugu thread in the politics section and have been looking for the link to the whole story. This is the road to the estate and when completed will skyrocket the price of lands in this area, keep watching as the value soars grin grin grin

In its
determination
to actualise
the state
government’s
drive to
provide basic
facilities to
the people,
the Enugu
State Executive Council has set-up an inter-
ministerial committee to improve upon the
revenue base of the state.
In a press briefing at the end of the Council’s
10th meeting held at the Government House,
Enugu, the State Commissioner for
Information,
Dr. Godwin Udeuhele, disclosed that it had
appointed a private company, Bricks Data
Limited, to collect revenue on land and
properties through geographic information
system approach.
This was as the state Exco approved a
contract for the construction of Orie-Emene-
Adoration road, stressing that the move was
to enhance transportation in the area.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 3:33am On Nov 21, 2015
Culled from the National Mirror ...

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Piyke: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
thebaft:
Culled from the National Mirror ...

Excellent. I pray this is executed speedily. It will also be good we secure the property in time before investors start moving in in droves
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Pchinak: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2015
spyder880:

In the end, they all insisted on N30,000 to be paid for each plot of land, while I told them its N25,000 or nothing else. Some of them who needs money more than others has agreed to collect N25,000 for each of their own plots as settlement for "nri ani" They will sign for this money in another agreement we will draft before payment. I want all of us to be aware of this, and make suggestions on what to do.

I still have enough money to start work in this land, I had set aside about N2m for the culvert and the bulldozing plus the provision of electric poles etc, and the money is intact. I also have collected about N1,050,000 from payments for the fencing of this land and the gate house, I plan to commence work this weekend, but I am still wondering if bulldozing this land is very necessary, bulldozing this land will make it open, and clear for development but will increase the risk of erosion, and even scatter some of our beacons already planted. The wider community and town council might also come out to demand that money be paid to them before bulldozers could be allowed to pass and work on the land. (The family told me that the community collects 10% of total cost of land as development levy, but I don't plan to pay it till buildings start)

From your post, I need clarifications spyder880.

1. The "set aside about N2m", is it for only bulldozing and culvert alone, or is it to cover for "provision of electric poles etc"?

2. Does the "10% of total cost of land as development levy" involve us, also, does "till building start" include fencing of the land and gate house?

3. If i understand the post, it's already a done deal on N25K per plot.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Onuokwu:

Sorry to cut in. That tradition is a must in Nike community. Its even a ceremony. Its either goat or cow depending on the no of plots bought. However, I am not sure of the other money to be attached. Nike community will not even tell u the exact amount till u have finished paying for the land. There is also youth levy, but I didn't follow this thread from the beggining to know if it was added to the cost of land abinitio.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
Pchinak:

From your post, I need clarifications spyder880.

1. The "set aside about N2m", is it for only bulldozing and culvert alone, or is it to cover for "provision of electric poles etc"?

2. Does the "10% of total cost of land as development levy" involve us, also, does "till building start" include fencing of the land and gate house?

3. If i understand the post, it's already a done deal on N25K per plot.
1. Bulldozer and clearing fee = 40,000 ngn, light connection = 45,000 ngn so there goes your answer. Culled from page 1.

2. Development fee. Someone did say it's 10% of land cost ie 40,000 ngn and that was supposed to be my second question the other day but I got banned. I'm interested in knowing what it is too.

Happy Sunday all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (46) (Reply)

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) / How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos / Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.