Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east (54357 Views)

‎FINALLY!!!! APC Owns Up, Says, Our First Steps In Office Created Problems / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by otr1(m): 9:17am On Apr 19, 2015
grin
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by otokx(m): 9:18am On Apr 19, 2015
Media selling lies as usual.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by WisdomFlakes: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2015
LordCenturion:
This is a good move, SW deserve it, they haven't hold the position b4

Dimeji Bankole nko? He was former speaker of the House of Representatives under PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by bewla(m): 9:23am On Apr 19, 2015
SARAKI ALL D WAY
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2015
It may not be Ngige, Osita Okechukwu is there to clinch the position bearing in mind that he has being with Buhari since 2003 when he contested for president, Ngige will get a ministerial appointment for Anambra slot, which could be minister of health..... My take
WisdomFlakes:
Ngige will prolly be that SGF if the above story is to be believed. He deserves it too.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by TheOtherview: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2015
The folks at ThisDay need to make up their minds grin

18th of April
Arising from a meeting in Abuja Thursday night, the national leaders and national caucus of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have officially zoned the office of the Senate President in the 8th Senate to the North central geo-political zone, while the Speaker of the House of Representatives was zoned to the North-east geo-political zone.

19th of April
Barring any last minute changes, a document ratified by the APC national leadership and national caucus members Thursday night may form the basis for the allocation of executive positions and emergence of principal officers of the National Assembly from across the six geopolitical zones. The document, which was obtained by THISDAY, shows that the office of Secretary to the Government of the Federation is zoned to the South-east. The incumbent SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, a former senate president, is from Ebonyi State in the South-east.

The zoning to South-east puts paid to speculations that the director-general of the APC presidential campaign organisation and Rivers State governor, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, may become the next SGF. It also ends the alleged spirited effort by some APC governors from the North-east to produce the new SGF, with the current Secretary to the State Government of Borno, Ambassador Ahmed Baba Jida, widely suspected to be the choice of the governors.

In other positions, the post of Senate President is zoned to North-central, the same zone of the outgoing holder of the position, David Mark, who is from Benue State. Speaker of the House of Representatives is given to South-west, where the vice president-elect, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, hails from. Osinbajo is from Ogun State.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by pazienza(m): 9:33am On Apr 19, 2015
It would appear the Yorubas finally grew some balls and boldly asked their Northern masters for the speaker position.

Now, this is good and exactly how men should behave. Not using the nebulous "Southern" rubbish.

Looking at the sharing formular, the SW and the North gained, as expected from the Odua-Arewa gang up, while the SE and the SS lost, that was the plan all along, it's the return of the fallen.

SE had the SGF position, deputy senate, deputy speaker position in GEJ reign, While the SS had the all important presidency.

Now the SE has just the SGF while the SS has the deputy speaker position.

SW gets the same Speaker position that GEJ gave them and they declined, only that this time around, they also have the VP also. Short term sacrifice for future big gain, not bad coming from Odua.

The Amaechi situation in APC is soon going to explode, I can only imagine the APC dirty secrets that explosion will throw up. And now that Wike is in charge at Rivers, let's hope he will be ruthless in exposing Amaechi's financial commitment to APC cause at the expense of the Rivers state treasury. It's all poised for an action filled and dramatic political atmosphere, I can barely wait.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2015
cy4cent:
like seriously? south East?

that's a good one, I pray they get a capable person to fill that position.

on a second thought that is if they will accept!!! let's leave all these hate behind n move forward pls!!
WTF did you mean by hate they voted for the party they believe in, when the yorubas were voting for AD, CAN and northerns ANPP and CPC you people did not call it hate because it is the southeast involved it is now hate politics

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by lionduke(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2015
kettykin:
The SGF must not necessarily be a politician. Thanks
No mind the olodo's shouting Ngige, they think SGF is to be a dormant Senator. Though we don't give a damn about APC and there lies. If GMB is serious about his change mantra, she should look the way of madam ezekwesili

1 Like

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
the SGF must be a politician and it must be Ngige.

So what about it?
You guys are forgetting Chief Ogbonnaya Onu. Ngige is a small boy in APC when compared to Chief Onu

1 Like

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by francizy(m): 9:53am On Apr 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

*"ALL this light dis light dat, abeg telll buhari not to tamper wif m y light o, for here i dey throwaway light cos e no get use again.

""lOCATION- __UYO!

Hahahahahaha, Buhari must tamper with your light oh.. He must share it to all Nigerians... tongue

4 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by francizy(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2015
nzeobi:

Barth is bette for the job as you said but is like you have not heard Ngige analyse the power problem or you don't know the business his father was into before now

I've not. Please tell me about it..
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2015
PassingShot:
I think every zone has been adequately taken care of in the zoning formula.

Now that Amaechi cannot be the next SGF, I expect to see him in charge of a very powerful ministry such as petroleum resources, power or works.

Amaechi will not get a ministerial appointment under Buhari.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by PassingShot(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Amaechi will not get a ministerial appointment under Buhari.

That will be very bad. What will he get then?
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Scatterboss(m): 10:21am On Apr 19, 2015
Prof Nnaji for Power.
Ngige for works
Prof Oby Eze for SGF.

3 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Scatterboss(m): 10:23am On Apr 19, 2015
[s]
pazienza:
It would appear the Yorubas finally grew some balls and boldly asked their Northern masters for the speaker position.

Now, this is good and exactly how men should behave. Not using the nebulous "Southern" rubbish.

Looking at the sharing formular, the SW and the North gained, as expected from the Odua-Arewa gang up, while the SE and the SS lost, that was the plan all along, it's the return of the fallen.

SE had the SGF position, deputy senate, deputy speaker position in GEJ reign, While the SS had the all important presidency.

Now the SE has just the SGF while the SS has the deputy speaker position.

SW gets the same Speaker position that GEJ gave them and they declined, only that this time around, they also have the VP also. Short term sacrifice for future big gain, not bad coming from Odua.

The Amaechi situation in APC is soon going to explode, I can only imagine the APC dirty secrets that explosion will throw up. And now that Wike is in charge at Rivers, let's hope he will be ruthless in exposing Amaechi's financial commitment to APC cause at the expense of the Rivers state treasury. It's all poised for an action filled and dramatic political atmosphere, I can barely wait.

[/s]

Tribal bigot, you call a whole tribe slaves but we all know the true slaves. Continue with your hatred and stupidity, it shows how foolish you are.

16 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by gebest: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2015
LordCenturion:
This is a good move, SW deserve it, they haven't hold the position b4
bros u be nigeria at all, what about Patricia Etteh and Bankole? Are'nt they from SW.

1 Like

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2015
PassingShot:

That will be very bad. What will he get then?

He'll get the job of chief driver

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 19, 2015
Lets don't forget that Ngige (onwa) is a medical doctor by profession and will most likely fit into the position of Minister of health, I believe he should be adequately compensated for initiating development in Anambra state. Being second in the ranking of APC politicians in the south east, a good position will prepare him to boost the image of the party in the area and possibly take back power from Willie Obiano in 2018.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 19, 2015
All this nonsense zoning in disregard to competence
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by echelons(m): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2015
Wareva they wanna do let them do. We don't care about who they appoint. Still the same shamefully underperformed politicians that we are hearing their names being called.
Shame Nigerians chose style over quality, appearance over substance, mediocrity over excellence, APC over PDP. Shame. We wait to start all over again. But we are already getting it wrong with the names I'm seeing here. Saraki, Akume, Ngige (the man that brazenly stole the mandate of his people, just like T.A Orji is doing in Abia).
It's a pity, but I still remain hopeful.
God bless Nigeria. God bless us all.
#TransformationAgenda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Calculia: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2015
Notice on the first page how the greedy yorubas focused on the so called SGF and no mention of the speaker position.

Their over-bearing behaviour and obsession is getting out of hand.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ignis: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2015
We need competent people and not zoned unreliable people.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by sluvy4tune(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

*"ALL this light dis light dat, abeg telll buhari not to tamper wif m y light o, for here i dey throwaway light cos e no get use again.

""lOCATION- __UYO!

Which part of Uyo LIEnus

1 Like

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by mmsen: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2015
jauntty:
I don't care about who gets what...

I care more about having Technocrats and Honest people at the helms of affairs.

Let's the Change continue.

That change would entail the end of zoning.

The best person for the job.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by babamadiba(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2015
ote author=Entchidodo post=32875173] Nothing for Amaechi...the man is about to be used and dumped.[/quote]just like guys said when dey didn't pick him as the vp candidate, but ended up being the campaign manager of the winning team. I will also remind you when he is made an important figure in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Calculia: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2015
Yorubas want to choose for themselves and choose for the igbos.

Sooner or later, they will pay the price for their obsession in death.

I dont know wat is the madness with this people and why dey just refuse to get it

We are Igbos and dey are yorubas, u cannot pick and mix the both, stay your own, make i stay my own no be war.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by M16: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2015
Billyonaire:
Where is the CHANGE, when all they have been doing so far is the same PDP-style nepotism ? Where did they learn these sharing formular. Old Wine in a New Bottle, you will sincerely agree, if you would. Same Ol'Gs controlling every every. I see No Change!

My friend will you sharrap and go hide in your creepy hole. Where were you when your paymaster was sharing positions to cronies and incompetent people

2 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Goziemartins: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

""lOCATION- __UYO!

BROS, no vex o....which part of Uyo you dey..?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Lawyer Celebrates Lagos Potholes That Keep Expanding, With 3 Sodas / Abiola Ajimobi's Health Condition Worsens After Days In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.