Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east (54356 Views)

‎FINALLY!!!! APC Owns Up, Says, Our First Steps In Office Created Problems / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola / APC Zoning Of SGF To SE Divides Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by CSTR2: 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
ginajet:
Hahahahahahahahahaha....... Diz Lagoon people ain't only full of hate, they never learn from past mistakes too........ proudly Kogite sha..... And I rep naija.... Long live Nigeria........ fv.cck biafra we don't need that shi.t
ONE Nigeria abi?
Yet you find it wise to insult one of the major ethnic group that more or less determines the existence and success of your one Nigeria.
You must be psychotic.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by babasanti: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
silami:
After a series of preparatory meetings ahead of its assumption of control on May 29, the incoming ruling party, All Progressives Congress, has drawn up a zoning arrangement for key federal legislative and executive positions. Barring any last minute changes, a document ratified by the APC national leadership and national caucus members Thursday night may form the basis for the allocation of executive positions and emergence of principal officers of the National Assembly from across the six geopolitical zones. The document, which was obtained by THISDAY, shows that the office of Secretary to the Government of the Federation is zoned to the South-east. The incumbent SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, a former senate president, is from Ebonyi State in the South-east.

The zoning to South-east puts paid to speculations that the director-general of the APC presidential campaign organisation and Rivers State governor, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, may become the next SGF. It also ends the alleged spirited effort by some APC governors from the North-east to produce the new SGF, with the current Secretary to the State Government of Borno, Ambassador Ahmed Baba Jida, widely suspected to be the choice of the governors.

In other positions, the post of Senate President is zoned to North-central, the same zone of the outgoing holder of the position, David Mark, who is from Benue State. Speaker of the House of Representatives is given to South-west, where the vice president-elect, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, hails from. Osinbajo is from Ogun State.

APC zoned the office of Deputy Senate President to North-east and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to the South-south. Chief Whip of the Senate is zoned to North-west, where the Katsina State-born president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, comes from, while North-central gets the office of Chief Whip of the House of Representatives.

The post of Deputy Chief Whip of the House of Representatives is zoned to South-east. There are only two members of the House elected on the platform of APC from the zone in the March 28 election. They are Hon. Austin Chukwukere from Ideato North and South Federal Constituency and Chike Okafor from Ehime Mbano, Ihite Uboma and Obowo Federal Constituency of Imo State.

The position of Majority Leader of the Senate is zoned to South-west, while Majority Leader of the House of Representatives goes to North-east. Deputy Majority Leader of the Senate is zoned to North-west, and Deputy Majority Leader of the House of Representatives goes to North-central.

Chairman of the Board of Trustees of APC is zoned to North-east, with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar widely expected to clinch the post. South-east is given secretary of the BoT.
The posts of national chairman and national secretary of APC remain in the South-south and North-east, respectively. Chief John Odigie-Oyegun from Edo State is national chairman and Alhaji Maimala Buni from Yobe State is the national secretary.

Seven senators from three zones have signified their intentions to contest the senate president slot. They are Senators Bukola Saraki, a former Kwara State governor (Kwara Central); George Akume, Senate Minority Leader (Benue North-west); Olusola Adeyeye, a vocal senator and professor of Molecular Biology (Osun Central), Danjuma Goje, a former Gombe State governor (Gombe Central); Ahmad Lawan, a former university don (Yobe North); Ali Ndume, a former House of Representatives Minority Leader (Borno South); and a former House of Representatives Deputy Speaker, Usman Nafada (Gombe North).

With the zoning of the slot to North-central, the contest will now be between Saraki and Akume.
In the House of Representatives, there are currently eight contestant for the office of speaker. They are APC caucus leader, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila (Lagos); Chairman House committee on House Services, Hon. Yakubu Dogara (Bauchi State); Chairman House Committee on Finance, Hon. AbdulMumin Jubril(Kano); Hon. Pally Iriase (Edo); Hon Ajibola Famurewa(Osun); Prof. Mojeed Alabi(Osun); Hon. Mohammed Monguno(Borno); and Hon. Jagaba Adams Jagaba(Kaduna). Of the eight contestants, only Gbajabiamila and Adeyeye are from the South-west where the speakership has been zoned to.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/finally-apc-zones-speaker-to-southwest-sgf-to-seast/207171/

Point of correction amechi is no longer from south south , we have banished him. He is from north north. Alhaji judas amaechi.please leave south south out. We only wnt resource control and amnesty for our boys. You all can eat your ijebu garri and groundnut.we are not intrested . My thunder fire any aboki and slave to the aboki that quote me after now. Ewu them!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by MichaelAustin(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
P
PassingShot:
I think every zone has been adequately taken care of in the zoning formula.

Now that Amaechi cannot be the next SGF, I expect to see him in charge of a very powerful ministry such as petroleum resources, power or works.
Ameachi is too big for a minister. He is the Chief of Staff to the President, he needs to work closely with the President

1 Like

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Ekestar(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Ngige will prolly be that SGF if the above story is to be believed. He deserves it too.
Why Ngige? there are people of south east that have been in APC before Ngige somebody like the former governor of old Abia State Dr Ogbonnaya Onu. He is from Ebonyi state and he is the national chairman of ANPP before it metarmorpsed to APC.

1 Like

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chigold101:
Next powerful person after the president is the SGF...
No! The next powerful person after the president is VP then SGF.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ginajet(f): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
CSTR2:
ONE Nigeria abi?
Yet you find it wise to insult one of the major ethnic group that more or less determines the existence and success of your one Nigeria.
You must be psychotic.
insult? Point it out
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by iGeneral: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
Tolexander:
Ngige[/b]!
Ngige is good and capable but I think Ogbonnaya Onu will clinch it.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by kinibigdeal(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
GhaliNaaba:

Shut your stinking mouth up! So you think we doont know you have been weeping at home since GEJ lost? Fool!!!!!!

Why are you hyper-retrogressive? With the gibberish aeronausiphobia you just spurn out, I understand the standing of your countenance, the rabbis from APC broom as diluted your mind such that you are now scared of Arachibutyrophobia. Go for spiritual cleansing or probably you see a local doctor because I can see Agateophobia from your trash.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ginajet(f): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
babasanti:

Point of correction amechi is no longer from south south , we have banished him. He is from north north. Alhaji judas amaechi.please leave south south out. We only wnt resource control and amnesty for our boys. You all can eat your ijebu garri and groundnut.we are not intrested . My thunder fire any aboki and slave to the aboki that quote me after now. Ewu them!
and this one was in church today oh...... thunder korr lightening nii..... park well jorr
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by obijeki: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
This sharing formula will not bring the change we are expecting, old wine in a new skin. May God help us.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ibietela2(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

He'll get the job of chief driver

WIKED
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
atbu1983:
You are wrong. In every Zone there are people who are capable , competent and qualified for any position. The issue should be after zoning, d right person from dat zone should be chosen. Zoning is very important for unity in a multi cultural and multi religion nation like nigeria
Well Spoken!
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Tolexander:
Ngige[/b]!

Mba no!

Ogbonnaya Onu
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Bimpe29: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is a means to a much agitated Fruitful Change.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by obijeki: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hope Rt. Hon Chubike Rotimi Amaechi would be used and dumped?
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Jman06(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
ginajet:
support fire!!!! Please leave the S.S out of that talk jare...... dey didn't join you guys the first time and am sure they won't join you guys now..... fight your fight alone...... tongue
Why are you exposing your ignorance in a public forum like this? Who told you ss did not join in the fight for Biafra? FYI, many gallant Biafran soldiers who fought in civil war came from the ss region. Though some bad eggs sabotaged the struggle, there were and are still many faithful MEN from ss who are pro Biafra.

You tried to justify Fashola's "deportation" of Nigerians from their supposed fatherland? How daft can you get, miss The fact that Igbos rose against the action now means that they hate Yoruba tribe That's a very silly assumption!

Let me inform you that Igbos don't hate other Nigerian tribes as much as they are hated out of envy. If you have any relative living in the east, ask him/her how many times he has been attacked on account of tribe. If he/she can be honest enough, the response will be none! We live in peace with other tribes in the east despite the provocation that come from other tribes attacking Igbos in their regions.
I have met many Hausa men who confessed that
tthey would rather cohabit with Igbos than Yorubas! If it were true that we hate them, they won't be saying that!

3 Likes

Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
2rutalk1:
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu from Ebonyi State, former Governor Of Old Abia State and former national chairman of ANPP has been penciled down as the new SFG. From an insider source
Please can someone highlight his competence as I don't know much about him. Thanks in advance.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by richidinho(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
LordCenturion:
This is a good move, SW deserve it

Among all d people in this world,nah this two crooks u choose as ur role model and hero?.... Anyway, u can't be two person at a time, I will advise u to choose that ur role model, cuz that ur hero nah dindinrin (mumu), and I don't pray such for u,... But thuggery life stil pay..

Who be diz mugu again for public forum?
Please this is not a Yoruba Forum ooooooo
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by bigtt76(f): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
This arrangement will test the foundation of APC's true strength. I hope there will be no cross carpeting after the NASS internal elections undecided
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
cy4cent:
like seriously? south East?

that's a good one, I pray they get a capable person to fill that position.

on a second thought that is if they will accept!!! let's leave all these hate behind n move forward pls!!

President- ne
Vp- Sw
Senate president- nc
Speaker. Sw

Then a mere errand boy of sgf -ss
Nothing for se

And yet funding for the salaries will be provided by ss/se.

This whole change looks like a negative one from that angle
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by gp6liveth(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
What impact will it have on the common man in the street if not to better the lives of those with the portfolios and their immediate families?
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by alrahmanonline(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
LordCenturion:
This is a good move, SW deserve it

Among all d people in this world,nah this two crooks u choose as ur role model and hero?.... Anyway, u can't be two person at a time, I will advise u to choose that ur role model, cuz that ur hero nah dindinrin (mumu), and I don't pray such for u,... But thuggery life stil pay..
you nailed it bro! you too much abeg
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by living2013(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
kettykin:
The SGF must not necessarily be a politician. Thanks
U are right. Those thinking that Ngige may be the next SGF might be disappointed
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ollyruffy: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
babasanti:

What is this one saying?
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by dandoki: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
mekaboy:
No matter where positions r zoned to. Both APC and PDP m3mbers will have problems with buhari, when he attempts to slash their benefits. He must do that, or his govt has failed from the start.

No money.

There definitely would be money. By the time all the looted funds in PDP hands are assembled the govt would not be short of funds to execute its programmes.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by youngsahito(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
the SGF must be a politician and it must be Ngige.

So what about it?
so you people lyk beta thing yet u didn't vote 4 APC...chail Igbos!!!
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
obijeki:
This sharing formula will not bring the change we are expecting, old wine in a new skin. May God help us.
Time will tell and we shall see. I've said it before in my one of my past posts, most of you pessimists will eat, lick, drink and swallow your words.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by HzRF(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
modath:
Making Amaechi Minister of Petroleum Resources will kill mama piss, wike et al...

The trolls will soon come out of the woodwork to "reject" the position on behalf of "their people" ...

In 5,4,3......
Lol
He will only take it in shame cuz pple don't give a fhuvk bout him
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by XYZ123: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Tolexander:
Ngige[/b]!
exactly
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by obijeki: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nothing is different from PDP system of leadership. Let us say no to zoning system and go those will be prepared to work for this country.
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by wordychap: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
South south has been shortchanged
Re: Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east by ginajet(f): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jman06:
Why are you exposing your ignorance in a public forum like this? Who told you ss did not join in the fight for Biafra? FYI, many gallant Biafran soldiers who fought in civil war came from the ss region. Though some bad eggs sabotaged the struggle, there were and are still many faithful MEN from ss who are pro Biafra.

You tried to justify Fashola's "deportation" of Nigerians from their supposed fatherland? How daft can you get, miss The fact that Igbos rose against the action now means that they hate Yoruba tribe That's a very silly assumption!

Let me inform you that Igbos don't hate other Nigerian tribes as much as they are hated out of envy. If you have any relative living in the east, ask him/her how many times he has been attacked on account of tribe. If he/she can be honest enough, the response will be none! We live in peace with other tribes in the east despite the provocation that come from other tribes attacking Igbos in their regions.
I have met many Hausa men who confessed that
tthey would rather cohabit with Igbos than Yorubas! If it were true that we hate them, they won't be saying that!
how those s.s fit into biafra? Most of the gallant men who fought are from s.s? Please name five of them....... hausa men confessed what? You live in peace with them because they offer peace........ you guys are quick to call yorubas traitor why? Because they believe in one Nigeria or what? Read the first and second comment I quoted and tell me ibo.s are peace loving people....... truth is you guys are full of hate....... no hausa man will prefer to cohabit with ibo.s rather than a yoruba man, quote me anywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal / Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Lawyer Celebrates Lagos Potholes That Keep Expanding, With 3 Sodas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.