Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (41011 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anonimi: 8:40am On May 31, 2015
free2ryhme:

they are yet to start their 1st term by Monday and you are already spitting fire yet u condone cluelessness for 6 years and never said a word

guy go jump inside lagoon abeg

After I see you jump I may consider following your stewpid example! grin
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by neocortex: 8:41am On May 31, 2015
fellis:

The foolishness of this post is too overwhelming grin
Please go and read up on the meaning of 'office of first lady' in Nigeria before coming here to make noise.

And your reply stink with stupidity, if you know what "office of first lady" means as you claim simply explain it, but I doubt you have any clue ,because it is your type that base their arguments on hearsay.
You are better of commenting in the romance and fashion threads not on intelligent section of politics.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by racino: 8:41am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Meaning what? Is it not the same weekend they submitted asset declaration form?
Why wait for working day to make it public?
The forms were submitted on the 28 of may.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by rigarmortis: 8:42am On May 31, 2015
BlackHuman:
Baba promised to declare his assets, he didn't say he'll declare it publicly...Besides asset declaration is somtin u do confidentially to d appropriate offices/agencies... So u expect him to come on national T.V and be saying "i have two houses", "5 cows", "3 pairs of shoes" , "2 cars", "one watch" e.t.c abi?....Who does dat?

Mr man sit your ignorant a55 down when people with higher intellect are engaged in a verbal joust.

Declaring to the CCB is the minimum requirement, but during his well documented campaigns he said he would do so publicly like Yaradua did even after declaring to the CCB.

We dont want to know how many shoes or boxers he has, we want him to make his ASSETS public knowledge.

I am not infering that he wont do that, but by this singular act, he is yet to do so, declaring to CCB is confidential, you can only obtain it by court injunction, to pursue a case of corrupt enrichment and the likes, its like saying because there is FOI you can get a lawyer/client discourse, or doctor/patient, or priest/confessor statements.

Now, do you know what assets mean, pls refer to your JSS 1 business studies textbook if you dont.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:42am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:

You TANoids must think everyone is silly.

Paragraph 3, Part I of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, provides that the Code of Conduct Bureau shall have power to: (a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution; (b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law; (c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.

Pursuant to the aforementioned constitutional provisions and section 2 of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, which states that;

“Notwithstanding anything contained in any other Act, Law or Regulation, the right of any person to access or request information, whether or not contained in any written form, which is in the custody or possession of any public official, agency or institution howsoever described, is hereby established”

That Jonathan blocked AFRICMIL from being allowed to inspect and obtain copies of his completed asset declaration forms which led them to sue the FG is not an excuse to claim that CCB is backed by law to keep the assets declaration information confidential.

End of Story!
You have nailed it COMPLETELY.
Buhari and Osinbajo have DECLARED and ANYONE can REQUEST to see it.

But you know what, these "Children of ANGER and HATE" will still whine and moan all day.

They are rounding-up on the Job Jonathan gave them as SaTANoids: To whine, moan and mis-inform, even if it comes across as stewpid.

Let us oblige them afterall, it does not take much effort to know a dog that suffers from Rabies. undecided wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Firefire(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
What is this one saying?

My advice to you.......don't dabble into a conversation that's way above your comprehension. But let me oblige you a bit by educating you.

We all know the rationale behind the constitution insisting that public servants declare their assets to the CCB. But the problem with assets declaration with the CCB is that the public is unaware of the assets info, only CCB is. Thus it's only CCB that can be armed with right information to begin a corruption suit against a public servant based on his assets. The public can't because they don't know the assets of the public servant in the first place.

Yar Adua noticed this and tried to be more transparent by declaring his assets publicly even after declaring it with the CCB. This way, both the CCB and the public are in the know. And Nigerians loved him for it. Now Buhari promised to declare his assets publicly, which he hasn't........yet. But Garba Shehu, his media officer, claims that Buhari has fulfilled his promise. Now do you see why we are reacting?

That is the reason for our reaction: Garba Shehu thought Nigeria of 2015 is the same as Nigeria of 1984.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:43am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:

That Jonathan blocked AFRICMIL from being allowed to inspect and obtain copies of his completed asset declaration forms which led them to sue the FG is not an excuse to claim that CCB is backed by law to keep the assets declaration information confidential.
Jonathan never blocked anyone, stop lying. And it was CCB that was sued, not FG.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Olupery(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2015
papoose999:
ds cramjones is a joker we shud nt insult d office of d presidnt...u guys av 4goten d way u insult gej nd hs wyf calln dem diff names abi u fit swear am say u no insult gej..back 2 d topic buhari promsd 2 declare hs asset in public y is he holdn back now...

Who insulted GEJ? In actual sense GEJ insulted himself by placing his office on deceit, failed promises, high rate of corruption, insecurity, poor provision of basic amenities etc and much more being surrounded by people like you and co.
Change is Real... PMB is Real

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:44am On May 31, 2015
midolian:
alryt..I ll work on that. Thanks
bless up bro
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Mcowubaba: 8:44am On May 31, 2015
blackpanda:
Some people do not understand the meaning of asset declaration. It doesnt mean you should take microphone and start announcing to the world how much you own. No president in the world does that!

You declare assets by filling the appropriate forms in CCB. Once filled, it becomes a matter of public knowledge. Anybody can apply to CCB to see the contents. It is not for the president or vice to publish same in news paper. Thats not his job!
The CCB is not under the FOI bill...even if u request for the contents..Nobody will talk to u, except PMB gives them the authority to do so...(NOTHING Will be Published anywhere!!!!)
I hope u knw GEJ did exactly this same thing (no difference)..that is why people r complaining....because PMB clearly said that he will PUBLICLY declare his Assets....which as at Now he has failed to do just that!!!!....let's watch nd see....
Declaring assets and PUBLICLY declaring assets r 2 different Things....GEJ -declared his assets nd PMB just did the same thing...Only yar'adua has PUBLICLY declared his assets nd PMB told us he will do the same thing...
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:44am On May 31, 2015
fellis:

The foolishness of this post is too overwhelming grin
Please go and read up on the meaning of 'office of first lady' in Nigeria before coming here to make noise.
we all knw mrs jonathan made d first lady luk official i mean rily official whch is nt supposd 2 b dts y buhari tactically used it in hs campaign promise 2 scrap off d office of d first lady but now mrs aisha has an official portrait mrs aisha has also closd down her beauty salon all cos she now has an official job

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:45am On May 31, 2015
accuude:
Bihari has already declear his asset... He said he have 150 cows and only have 1million naira in his acc .... grin grin
bros behave na... why you dey talk like say you be small pikin?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by okokhaerat(m): 8:46am On May 31, 2015
I honestly think we shld all take a cup of cold water on ds one. Its barely 2days nd TANoids r vomiting? Abeg if u cnt wait any longer, go buy scratchcardfor abuja, go check their asset declaration online fr www.nscdc dats all
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Firefire(m): 8:46am On May 31, 2015
rigarmortis:

Mr man sit your ignorant a55 down when people with higher intellect are engaged in a verbal joust.

Declaring to the CCB is the minimum requirement, but during his well documented campaigns he said he would do so publicly like Yaradua did even after declaring to the CCB.

We dont want to know how many shoes or boxers he has, we want him to make his ASSETS public knowledge.

I am not infering that he wont do that, but by this singular act, he is yet to do so, declaring to CCB is confidential, you can only obtain it by court injunction, to pursue a case of corrupt enrichment and the likes, its like saying because there is FOI you can get a lawyer/client discourse, or doctor/patient, or priest/confessor statements.

Now, do you know what assets mean, pls refer to your JSS 1 business studies textbook if you dont.

Firefire:

Yes, we believe PMB was aware of the constitutional requirement before making this promise!
[size=18pt]
I will declare my assets publicly –Buhari
[/size]

Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said he would publicly declare his assets and liabilities, if voted into power.

Buhari stated this in a document obtained by our correspondent in Abuja on Thursday. The document highlights what Buhari will do in his first 100 days if he assumes power on May 29.

He said he would encourage political appointees in his administration to also declare their assets publicly.

If the APC candidate keeps to his promise, he will be the second Nigeria’s President to publicly declare his assets.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-declare-my-assets-publicly-buhari/

Will Buhari not keep to his promise ??
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:47am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

End of Story!
You have nailed it COMPLETELY.
Buhari and Osinbajo have DECLARED and ANYONE can REQUEST to see it.

But you know what, these "Children of ANGER and HATE" will still whine and moan all day.

They are rounding-up on the Job Jonathan gave them as SaTANoids: To whine, moan and mis-inform, even if it comes across as stewpid.

Let us oblige them afterall, it does not take much effort to know a dog that suffers from Rabies. undecided wink

Lastpage!

Bros it's a pity you believed the lie Rawani posted there. The CCB has NEVER released their public record to the public because of the terms and conditions concerning such. That was why Yar Adua went an extra step by declaring his assets public even after declaring it with the CCB. That's what we want Buhari to do.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:47am On May 31, 2015
rigarmortis:

So a "Doctor/Client" or "Lawyer/Client" relationship is on the same pedestal as that of the President, who is a public Servant?
Has anyone or any LAW ever requested a Doctor or LAwyer to declare his Assets with the CCB?

Some of you are so goddam ignorant yet you come online to "form educated"! grin grin grin grin

Get-off your high horse because you are just a silly Gala street hawker with a Techno-phone and free Megabyte!

.......And you have the effrontery to be insulting somebody? Infradig!

Lastpage!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Petitediva14(f): 8:48am On May 31, 2015
Honestly i just realised that some people are stupider than stupid. If you don't know what to say, just shut up!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Rawani: 8:48am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You've not finished citing the law. What are the terms and conditions?

I'm not the National Assembly, neither are you. That provision was put there in the interest of national security. You do not expect that a request to the NA for example, to disclose strategic troop movements will be granted to any random individual without any regulatory mechanism.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2015
lastpage:

If you had expended so much energy on Jona-Daft, the way you are doing barely 24hrs into Buhari's regime, you know you would have got all these things you listed up there, in the first one year of the clueless slowpoke's Govt!

But l guess your problem is Tribalism borne out of hatred and anger coupled with daftness.

Choke on your own faeces and when you are done, you and your likes can Go and Die! tongue tongue tongue
We dont even want you contaminating our Lagoon!
grin grin undecided

Lastpage!
dude seriously try nd upgrade ur public conduct

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by omojeesu(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2015
Corrupt people believe that everyone is corrupt. They find it difficult to think some others are not corrupt. When they discover someone not corrupt, they want to infect the person with their 'nature', and if the plan fails, they smear him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
What is this one saying?

My advice to you.......don't dabble into a conversation that's way above your comprehension. But let me oblige you a bit by educating you.

We all know the rationale behind the constitution insisting that public servants declare their assets to the CCB. But the problem with assets declaration with the CCB is that the public is unaware of the assets info, only CCB is. Thus it's only CCB that can be armed with right information to begin a corruption suit against a public servant based on his assets. The public can't because they don't know the assets of the public servant in the first place.

Yar Adua noticed this and tried to be more transparent by declaring his assets publicly even after declaring it with the CCB. This way, both the CCB and the public are in the know. And Nigerians loved him for it. Now Buhari promised to declare his assets publicly, which he hasn't........yet. But Garba Shehu, his media officer, claims that Buhari has fulfilled his promise. Now do you see why we are reacting?
I hate insulting people but you deserve one,however saying this conversation is above my reasoning is sure foolishness on your part.go back and check my post,I have attended international functions where world leaders are sat due to work and you are getting confused of this crap constitution my 12 year old would chew and spit in the bin.Let me lecture you more,the president occupies a public office so in govt terms he is the #1 public servant so he is accountable to the public,if you or anybody wants to know his financial dealings you should be able to.The fact Nigeria don't work well in that regards is cos we lack good record keeping which is tied to power production adn ICT.If the freedom of information act is practiced in Nigeria, who needs anybody to declare their assets?a mare credit and reference check will through up all the dirt if one wants to take them to the cleaners.The only people the asset declaration is meant for are the public, what use is this asset declaration to a government body? who is responsible for holding the govt of the day accountable is it not me an you the citizens? ..Look information is cheap these days, you dont even need to have OND to derv into these thing google is ver powerful use it well.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by rigarmortis: 8:49am On May 31, 2015
Ademola121:
One President declares his asset few hours after being sworn and they say he released it secretly and not publicly. How about the case of another President that was being cajoled for several months to release his and all he could release publicly was a disdainful statement "I don't give a damn"!

People should learn to be optimistic and take substance over form always. Whether asset was declared secretly or publicly, the substance here is that asset has been declared isn't it?

Rubbish, GEJ also declared to CCB, which Buhari has just done, the only difference is that buhari promised to make his own public, in the spirit of change, not that its too big a deal though, but if he breaks this promise, then how many others a lined up for breaking, we already know that the 5k for unemployed youths is a mirage.

Another thing is the poverty cloak, maybe his public declaration will make mince meat of all that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:50am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Bros it's a pity you believed the lie Rawani posted there. The CCB has NEVER released their public record to the public because of the terms and conditions concerning such. That was why Yar Adua went an extra step by declaring his assets public even after declaring it with the CCB. That's what we want Buhari to do.

Please make such "Terms and Conditions" available for us to read here.
Just post the link and we would do the rest. undecided undecided

We cannot continue to argue on "rumors" or "them say" levels.

...At least his own posting is backed by links and quotes we can verify.
Let us have yours.

We are waiting.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by chronique(m): 8:50am On May 31, 2015
Ban which people for insulting the president;are You sure the mechanic that worked on your brain did not forget his spanner inside? When you and your likes were insulting GEJ,didn't you guys call it freedom of expression? Why do you now want the mods to ban those guys for insulting Buhari? Inasmuch as I am not a fan of the president being insulted,it's unfortunately a trend that has come to stay. That's what you guys in the APC reduced the office of the president of Nigeria to;you got no choice than to live with such acts as it has come to stay.
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:50am On May 31, 2015
fellis:

Which lie therein?
Give him time!!! angry
He will declare it publicly!
He hasn't stated otherwise has he?
Shuo, less than 48hours for that matter. You people really need to calm down with the hatred.
Which lie therein? Read Garba Shehu's comment. You'll see the lie.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Rawani: 8:51am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

The Constitution and FOI Act are a lie? My goodness.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Uncletony(m): 8:51am On May 31, 2015
modath:
TANoids are a special breed!! What is code of conduct bureau if its not a public forum Your hero's singular legacy is FOI, use it!!

He made a promise and he has kept his words, Yar'adua made his public declaration almost a month into his regime, 2 days and the knives and daggers are already out!!!.

PMB will do the needful, he knows we his unwavering and die hard fans expect it.

The reason Olisa Metuh has nothing negative to say is because he knows he will have his nose bruised over such a non issue.

You all are like crickets, all you can do is chirp in the DARK, it will amount to nothing!!

The article also mentioned that PMB and PYO have not moved into the villa yet, I hope that is not a cause for bellyaches for una? undecided

Under age voter..underage nairalander!!...go brush ur teeth small rat!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:51am On May 31, 2015
Rawani:

I'm not the National Assembly, neither are you. That provision was put there in the interest of national security. You do not expect that a request to the NA for example, to disclose strategic troop movements will be granted to any random individual without any regulatory mechanism.
That information would be deemed classified we get that, how about the non classified ones like how much he PMB has in the bank b4 the mantle of leadership? should that not be available under the FOI bill?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:52am On May 31, 2015
Olupery:

Who insulted GEJ? In actual sense GEJ insulted himself by placing his office on deceit, failed promises, high rate of corruption, insecurity, poor provision of basic amenities etc and much more being surrounded by people like you and co.
Change is Real... PMB is Real
dude so calln jona a clueless presdnt, Jonathan a slowpoke calln hs wyf shepopotamous nd all sort of names is nt an insult?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Nobody: 8:52am On May 31, 2015
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:53am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Those who believe Buhari is not corrup can also believe that my mother is a virgin.

Barcanista, talktimi, anonimi, Truckpusher, Mogidi, Altwireless, Dearpreye, temitemi1, Sunnybobo3, brownlord.
how on earth will u use ur dear mother as a naughty comparison i wonder if ur mum could b proud of u, wen she got know disgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Suicide Attacker John Akpabu Arrested At Radio House Abuja / Shooting At Edo State House Of Assembly, 3 Injured (PHOTOS) / Tony Elumelu Calls Tinubu 'Last Man Standing'. Tinubu Says: 'Still Standing'

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.