Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (40995 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by holyokoto(m): 8:14am On May 31, 2015
The assets have been declared to CCB, meaning is no more hiding. Why raising Alarm?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

That's if Buhari and Osinbajo permits?
on point

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by free2ryhme: 8:15am On May 31, 2015
anonimi:

Should we be happy their change will only be in the use of WORDS and NOT in their deeds and action

See original FRAUD as e dey start cheesy cheesy

and where were u went Jonathan use the swear word 'I don't give a damn'
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by 0merta(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2015
barcanista:
Why can't they declare their assets publicly even before inauguration? They had all the time back then. Well, Buhari made a public pledge to declare his asset....Nigerians are waiting

Declare assets publicly before inauguration

Mr. Man, I know you are smart. Believe me, I read your posts on NL and I know you've got something up there.

It's understandable if prejudice and bias would smear your sense of reasoning, but communicating such prejudiced opinion would either make people think you smoke weed or have psychotic tantrums.

And to think some gullible people liked your posts...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by neocortex: 8:16am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones

I guess you were high while you typed your comment, GMB got his vote by promising to do what GEJ didn't do and many people fell for it, it is retrogressive that you now say that because GEJ didn't do this and that it's complicated bla bla bla. Your master was chosen so that he can wave the magic wands and solve all Nigeria's problems not give excuses.
Now he has two failures to his name , first is having a first lady, second is not declaring his assets "publicly".
If you see no problem with him breaking his campaign promise, then I reserve my comment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Olupery(m): 8:16am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:
Ban these people now. We cannot tolerate people insulting the office of the President online. It will never be condoned.

1. Asset declaration: PMB declared his asset first to the CCB. He cannot just declare his asset on National Television first without first declaring to CCB and signing the asset declaration forms. It would be a breach of the constitution if he decides to do the latter first before doing the former. Kindly calm down and wait for him to declare his assets to the Nigerian people because it will surely happen.

2. Security: He has only been president for 48 hrs! He has made a Press statement already. We experienced a historic moment in our country's history and we must celebrate it. Boko Haram or no Boko Haram. PMB will defeat Boko Haram. Wish him well to do so for the interest of those endangered by them and for the survival of our country. To criticize him for celebrating the inauguration is nothing but foolishness! The declaration of citing the command headquarters for the war against boko haram wasn't presidential and assertive enough? Grow out of your foolishness before it consumes you!

3. Chibok girls: What the hell! I say what the hell! GEJ failed to act in the first 2 weeks of the kidnap, now the issue has become extremely complicated and you want him to tell you for certain that he will bring them back? No! He won't he never did. PMB only said that bringing back the girls will be priority and he will do his best to bring back our girls. Please stop this ridiculous claims and hate.

Finally, we must join hands to support this president. It is good to be a critic and keep the government in check, but there is no need being a foolish critic to gain cheap and foolish popularity.

Let us give PMB a chance. He has set the ball rolling in a country left destroyed by GEJ, and we must support him!

-CramJones

@Cramjones... Well said Sir! I only hope the OP turns a new leaf because he can't continue to be foolish for the next four years.. Never!
@OP... Wake up! Wake up!! Wake up!!! I said. PMB is real for CHANGE. CHANGE is real
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Did you read Garba Shehu's comment? He said Buhari has already fulfilled his electoral promise of public assets declaration. You need to re-read Garba Shehu's comment.
you need to re read it yourself, we are talking about transparency here, you for one, do you know what his assets are?the main reason for people in public offices to declare assets is for us the citizens to be able to judge what they own at the beginning of their tenure and what they own at the end so that if anything is out of place they can be held accountable to prove where these extras came from.Now Mr whats your point?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2015
realtestament:
Dis new government needs more prayers...instead of raining abuses let's go on our knees and pray.
d dude made a promise he has to fulfil it..

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:18am On May 31, 2015
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ideykwum: 8:18am On May 31, 2015
You know the challenge of people like you, who quickly call others kids?? A deep-rooted psychological problem! If you missed the point of my write-up, you could have asked for clarification...after all, IQ is not a function of age!

Now, get this into your thick skull: Hypocrisy is when you claim to be progressive and have different standards for different people! No matter the painted sepulchre you present, we shall always expose your ways!

midolian:
oh! So because metuh is in PDP, u expect me not to see anything good in him? You must be a kid to reason that way.

I was only urging the phockaholic to exercise patience jst as metuh and other wise ones in the opposition are doing..Go and confirm when Yaradua publicly declared his assets and then get back to me.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Chars1289: 8:19am On May 31, 2015
Some pple derive joy in abject ignonrance.
Constitutionally,assests declaration one of the duties of an elected leader.This will be done at the code of conduct bureau whc PMB and PYO hve done.
So,if you are curious to know the content of the declaration,the FOI permits you to approach the appropraite agency that acknowledge the receipt and request for the content of the declaration.shikena#
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:19am On May 31, 2015
fellis:
@topic, he is not under obligation to declare his assets in less than 48hrs after inauguration. Like someone said before some past presidents declared theirs about a month or so after swearing in.
Please you people (PDP loyalists and biafrans)should just nurse your wounds and move on abeg. your attempts to make this man look bad are too obviously desperate and ill thought out.

The bone of contention is that the APC is already claiming that Buhari has fulfilled his campaign promise of public declaration of assets by submitting his form to the Code of Conduct Bureau. Here's Garba Shehu's comment concerning Buhari fulfilling his assets declaration promise:

“By declaring their assets, President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo may have not only fulfilled the requirements of the Nigerian Constitution, but also fulfilled the first of their many campaign promises.

“While seeking election into the highest office in the land, the President had promised Nigerians that he would publicly declare his assets as soon as he took over government,” he wrote.

We know Buhari is not under any obligation to declare his asset public, It's the lie therein that's infuriating Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by neocortex: 8:19am On May 31, 2015
ki02020:
Nigerians will always complain.....you ask them to declare and they did......how they did it should be no case

How they did it is the most important factor here , do you know that any official can claim to have declared their asset , but if the public isn't aware of it, it is as good as not d3claring at all.
You are a Nigerian , so I assume you know how scammers do their deeds, secrecy is the scanner's refuge.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by anonimi: 8:20am On May 31, 2015
free2ryhme:

and where were u went Jonathan use the swear word 'I don't give a damn'

So as long as Brainless Buhari and his pastor VP do not use the swear word we should continue chanting change change,abi

It should NOT matter they have done LESS and WORSE than Jonathan and late Yar'Adua did, right

We go do mugu tire for these HYPOCRITES while our country continues its rot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by tayoccu(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2015
I wonder how some people reason, asset declaration forms have been submitted, the CCB has to verify the content, after the mandatory verification, then the information will be made public.

so saTANists please keep calm and stop the noise pollution.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2015
neocortex:

I guess you were high while you typed your comment, GMB got his vote by promising to do what GEJ didn't do and many people fell for it, it is retrogressive that you now say that because GEJ didn't do this and that it's complicated bla bla bla. Your master was chosen so that he can wave the magic wands and solve all Nigeria's problems not give excuses.
Now he has two failures to his name , first is having a first lady, second is not declaring his assets "publicly".
If you see no problem with him breaking his campaign promise, then I reserve my comment.
I share your view bro more so its strange the Op above me decided to say oi stop insulting the president etc, how wrapped is that? did he have same view when GEJ was called clueless among other low life names?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Firefire(m): 8:21am On May 31, 2015
Fellow Nigerians,

We are waiting for a rejoinder from APC or the Presidency on an immediate and public declaration of Buhari and Osibanjo's assets.

If they fails within the next 48 hours, kindly note that the probability of failing to fulfill all their campaign promises is HIGH!

PMB, you promised to declare openly your assets on February 19th 2015, are you failing to keep your promise so soon

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by papoose999(m): 8:22am On May 31, 2015
Olupery:

@Cramjones... Well said Sir! I only hope the OP turns a new leaf because he can't continue to be foolish for the next four years.. Never!
@OP... Wake up! Wake up!! Wake up!!! I said. PMB is real for CHANGE. CHANGE is real
ds cramjones is a joker we shud nt insult d office of d presidnt...u guys av 4goten d way u insult gej nd hs wyf calln dem diff names abi u fit swear am say u no insult gej..back 2 d topic buhari promsd 2 declare hs asset in public y is he holdn back now...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:22am On May 31, 2015
tayoccu:
I wonder how some people reason, asset declaration forms have been submitted, the CCB has to verify the content, after the mandatory verification, then the information will be made public.

so saTANists please keep calm and stop the noise pollution.
ahah correct man i shall hold you to this no problem, now any idea of time duration of these probe being made public? do you know of the time frame? 4 years , 2 years perhaps 8 years? any clue?
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by lastpage: 8:23am On May 31, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Those who believe Buhari is not corrup can also believe that my mother is a virgin.

Barcanista, talktimi, anonimi, Truckpusher, Mogidi, Altwireless, Dearpreye, temitemi1, Sunnybobo3, brownlord.
!
I know that is the TANoid list up there! grin grin
Seems they have not recieved the May salary shocked shocked grin grin

PhockPhockMan:
Hmmmmmmmm

Dolts like you ALWAYS...ALWAYS develop Amnesia of the highest order, just in your unending attempt to smear our dear President, Muhammadu Buhari.

First, that Buhari has declared his Assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) WITHIN 24hrs of his inauguration, is a major step forward.
His Vice has done the same.

Secondly, the number of that Asset Declaration form is stated PUBLICLY for all to see.
Now, if you are so much in a hurry to know the contents, simply avail of the FOI (Freedom of information) and REQUEST for it through the appropriate channels.
You wont be the first nor the last to do that.

But even even when Yar Ardua as President, made a Public declaration of his Assets, your Otuoke puppet never did his own "PUBLICLY"!
It is on record that when he was made substantive President, (after the death of Yar Ardua) as he was asked to make even the "official declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau, HE REFUSED TO DO SO!

When asked if h could not just do it to the CCB, as he has done in the past, he callously replied: I WAS FORCED TO DO IT!
That is your Otuoke kleptomaniac for you. A Treasury Looter to the bone.

Your hatred of Buhari (due to the booting out of your moronic Jonathan ...and rightly so!) should have subsided by now because there is nothing you can do about it. tongue tongue
You these foolish Children of "Gra-Gra", ANGER & HATE should sheath your sword...... Jonathan has been confined to the dustbin of history. Period!

So my advice: Get used to it, a New Sheriff is in town otherwise, go enter the Lagoon ASAP.

Long Live President Buhari, God will give you wisdom of Solomon, to the benefit of all Nigerians.

Lastpage!
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by midolian(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2015
ideykwum:
You know the challenge of people like you, who quickly call others kids?? A deep-rooted psychological problem! If you missed the point of my write-up, you could have asked for clarification...after all, IQ is not a function of age!

Now, get this into your thick skull: Hypocrisy is when you claim to be progressive and have different standards for different people! No matter the painted sepulchre you present, we shall always expose your ways!

it is confirmed. I just mentioned a dunce..SMH
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2015
midolian:
I used to think you are one of those in the opposition with good thinking. I am really disappointed, man.

Buhari and Osinbajo only submitted their forms..why not calm down to see what will happen next? The bureau is even yet to verify the items on the form. Giv em time..if you can't bear the heat of being in the opposition, fvck the hell outta this country instead of making a fool of yourself repeatedly.

On the issue of asset declaration, You can see Metuh's reaction as “No comment for now. These are early days. At the moment, we wish them well.”..Now, that is how to be in the opposition..CALM tha fvck down!

You so wish BUhari bad you can't wait for him to fail. Buh interestingly, you are failing a million times b4 he makes a mistake.
who is trying to call someone fool here,mr man don't be deceived,say no to imposters. let them open up and show us what they promised while campaigning, they submitted on weekend and it supposed to be shown to us on weekend too so if u don't have something to offer please keep off

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by symbianDON(m): 8:24am On May 31, 2015
quite commendable. leadership by example. I wonder why some people have issues with this. whether they declare their assets publicly or not is not the issue. the main deal is that they DECLARED THEIR ASSETS and so can be held accountable in the future. I think everyone needs to support this government. it is too early in the day to speculate and cast aspersions.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by elbinmanny(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2015
oluwafemi113:
What's this one saying? undecided
that you should face the topic or sharrrrap angry
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by erico2k2(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2015
papoose999:
ds cramjones is a joker we shud nt insult d office of d presidnt...u guys av 4goten d way u insult gej nd hs wyf calln dem diff names abi u fit swear am say u no insult gej..back 2 d topic buhari promsd 2 declare hs asset in public y is he holdn back now...
aahah I just tire for these guys, now we see the true colors of GMB supporters lol Im enjoying this as I know we have al the retrospective names used i n the place of GEJ and we are adding hundreds more names to the list and that shall be the new name of PMB, unless he builds more power stations plus improve power distribution,improve security, build more train lines,improve roads and open more sea ports etc among a few then the name callings will shrink if not, his cows would be held at higher grace than him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2015
realtestament:
Dis new government needs more prayers...instead of raining abuses let's go on our knees and pray.
pray for those that started playing some games
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ribbit: 8:26am On May 31, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones
oh puleaseeeee... did you say the bolded part during gej's era?

im a fan of buhari and i voted for him .. i know he will still declare his asset publicly ... but stop making hypocritical statement like that..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by listica(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2015
realtestament:
pray for those that started playing some games few minutes in charge

1 Like

Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by phlemzy: 8:26am On May 31, 2015
Sai Baba needs to know the kind of people he's dealing with. Nigerians will hold him to the least of his promises. Sure his aids told him that his criticism took off immediately he took the oath of office. I'm still very optimistic of the good things to come.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by Born2eatPussy(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2015
I don't give a flying fucck.
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by ideykwum: 8:27am On May 31, 2015
You see how you quickly bandy insults like a poorly trained thug from the gutters? People like you make me ashamed!

midolian:
it is confirmed. I just mentioned a dunce..SMH
Re: Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. by neocortex: 8:27am On May 31, 2015
fellis:

PMB never said no first lady, he said no office of first lady.

@topic, he is not under obligation to declare his assets in less than 48hrs after inauguration. Like someone said before some past presidents declared theirs about a month or so after swearing in.
Please you people (PDP loyalists and biafrans)should just nurse your wounds and move on abeg. your attempts to make this man look bad are too obviously desperate and ill thought out.

In case you don't know having an "office" means that resources of the state is being allocated to the occupant, it is not just having a four cornered room with furnitures.
Except you can confirm that a single Naira of Nigeria's money will not be spent by Aisha as a "first lady" then I will agree she has no office. But you and I know the practicality of that,you either have a first lady or you don't .
So if you think Bihari hasn't broken his promise let his wife go back to her business since she has no official role constitutionally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Visa Ban: Don’t Disrespect Nigeria, FG Tells US, UK / Arisekola Alao Wife Dies In Car Crash / Imo: Supreme Court Stands Down Judgement On Imo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.