Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny (20975 Views)

In Need Of A Builder Around Iyana Iyesi, ota, Ogun State / Do You Wanna Build Your House And Need A Builder?..call Us Today On 0806681069 / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
FastShipping:
I remember Aventure asked a lot of questions about this particular project two month ago or so. I can see from far away something is wrong with this structure. The owner was only shopping for the cheapest builder out there.

Eghosajonny work always look like he doesn't use enough cement or doesn't miss cement and sand very well before building.

This structure is a mess. Some parts of it need to be torn down to avoid collapse.

This is scary. These needs to be looked at asap. This does not look safe for dwelling and I am not even an engineer
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
u are welcome

@HsLBroker: For you to write on this, it means you are saying the truth but you like money pass yourself, you've worked for me in Owerri, thanks for the roofing and one thing i like about you, is your sincerity, honesty and dedication to work. you still have more job to do for me but next time give me a good transportation quote. You're still the best

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
Most NL builders, Contractors are not qualified to build nor construct, some are just quack, I have been following every builder and I've not seen the best either their building cost is expensive or the waste materials. Clients should be careful.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
This is the project we deliver for Dr about 2 years ago at Lekki.Happened to be my first project here on NL(Title:Construction process of a wing duplex with flat at lekki)..to my best of knowledge Dr don't owe (although no manager or any family members involved oooooo)

Hmmm Dr don't joke with pictures o
I suppose to handle this ondo project but unfortunately I can't meet his condition (I need to be there always) and I am busy in lagos. Trying to let him know I have reliable engr that do work for me but he insisted he can only trust me.

I try as much as possible to reserve my observations on this project for that reason (although, I still mentioned some.

It is quite unfortunately it happened this way.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
Regarding the beam that over hang without pillar grin grin...that one na moin moin grin
purely structural work! In fact. It had beauty to house (as u can see from this project recently done)

Hmmmm.but I am afraid if this eghosajohnny treat the beam proper before casting. .

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
80% of NL Builders are not qualified to build. Clients should be careful[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
allen0000:
Most NL builders, Contractors are not qualified to build nor construct, some are just quack, I have been following every builder and I've not seen the best either their building cost is expensive or the waste materials. Clients should be careful.

Bros. I totally disagree with you!
Trust me, I am not the best guy here but I can tell you with authority that we ve only one and indisputable eng in this very house. ..........d fellow in question know himself!

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
segcymoor:

Bros. I totally disagree with you!
Trust me, I am not the best guy but I can tell you with authority that we ve only one and indisputable eng in this very house. ..........d fellow in question know himself!

Segcy@ Can you list out their names here so that we all can know whom we are dealing with and separate dust from stone. You are doing good and I can attest to that. I am not a builder but i can even build more than this quacks
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
segcymoor:
Regarding the beam that over hang without pillar grin grin...that one na moin moin grin
purely structural work! In fact. It had beauty to house (as u can see from this project recently done)

Hmmmm.but I am afraid if this eghosajohnny treat the beam proper before casting. .

looks nice but is it structurally safe?
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
segcymoor:

Yeah that is true. If properly done you can have tremendous cantilever.

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
allen0000:
80% of NL Builders are not qualified to build. Clients should be careful[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Now you are talking .you know their is a thin line between 'every builder' and ' 80 percent of them'
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
I would love to build a Frank Lloyd Wrights house in Nigeria.

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2015
brag3:

looks nice but is it structurally safe?
Absolutely! That is what they called beauty of Architecture being detailed by sound structural engineer and executed by experienced building engr
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
A good read for anyone interesting in cantilever. It goes over safety and codes.

http://www.renovation-headquarters.com/cantilevers-1.html
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by segcymoor(m): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Yeah. That reminds me because I ve the floor plan of the project in question. I could recall I asked this guy about starters bars but he ignore it
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
allen0000:

@HsLBroker: For you to write on this, it means you are saying the truth but you like money pass yourself, you've worked for me in Owerri, thanks for the roofing and one thing i like about you, is your sincerity, honesty and dedication to work. you still have more job to do for me but next time give me a good transportation quote. You're still the best
thanks you sir, i'm grateful sir.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
segcymoor:
Yeah. That reminds me because I ve the floor plan of the project in question. I could recall I asked this guy about starters bars but he ignore it
anybody closer to egbosa you tell him to go and repair this parapet so that i can complete the plastering, my workers can't just be on site without doing anything because of the parapet which so responsibility of egbosa.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2015
brabus:
@HsLBroker,

How bad is the structural damage? Is it something repairable? Sorry, I'm asking because you're the only one who had physically seen the collapsed section. If it something that you can fix, I'd suggest you help the OP fix the problem and continue with your work.

If otherwise, @oyewole123 please look for a building inspector to certify the integrity of the structure in question and let a structural engineer recommend a workable fix where need be. Stop all work if need be and get to be sure that the structure will stand the test of time. A stitch in time saves nine.

@eghosajohnny, Executing a project to clients satisfaction is very key in any business! Pls do not abandon the site at this moment. Get other expert opinion/suggestion on how to fix the problem. Deal with the site issues especially with the tradespeople. It may put you in bad light now but the client will know you stood up in the face of challenges.
structurally the problems the parapet had was that it will not adequately supported with projected column, the casting for that area was not properly mixed but it's repairable, we are working on repairing now, when we start the pictures will be posted here, i promise to furnish the thread with enough pictures so everyone can be update on the progress.

regards

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by eghosajohnny: 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
I have done the pillar and beam and has cast the pillars before I left I just need to cast the beam the run the parapet that's all not that I just left it undone at all.

Sir segcy you might be right on the pix about the beam I just don't know but the spaces between yours and this might be different in the lenght I'm just saying and for the casting or the building in general the cement is strong that I know.

Sir adventure the article you wrote has nothing to do with what happened in anyway,a full building is standing and we are just saying things as if the building entirely is down,well it has happen and I really accept my fault but don't make things look like I've killed someone,I know better eng than people here have made mistakes too so pls let's be straight,that's the pix of what I've done so far

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brag3: 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:
structurally the problems the parapet had was that it will not adequately supported with projected column, the casting for that area was not properly mixed but it's repairable, we are working on repairing now, when we start the pictures will be posted here, i promise to furnish the thread with enough pictures so everyone can be update on the progress.

regards

Quick question here. The pillars of the verandar don't seem to be on the foundation but done seperately.
Are the pillars for the varandar meant to be on the foundation or can they be done outside the foundation?
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
Looks like this poor bamboo took one for the team. That could have been someones head or shoulder.

Nigerian artisans, please consider using safety equipment for your staff.

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brabus(m): 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
HsLBroker:

regards

Nice one bro!

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
brag3:

Quick question here. The pillars of the verandar don't seem to be on the foundation but done seperately.
Are the pillars for the varandar meant to be on the foundation or can they be done outside the foundation?

see the attach picture

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
brabus:

Nice one bro!
you are welcome
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
brabus:

Nice one bro!
you are welcome.
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by brabus(m): 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
eghosajohnny:
I have done the pillar and beam and has cast the pillars before I left I just need to cast the beam the run the parapet that's all not that I just left it undone at all.

Sir segcy you might be right on the pix about the beam I just don't know but the spaces between yours and this might be different in the lenght I'm just saying and for the casting or the building in general the cement is strong that I know.

Sir adventure the article you wrote has nothing to do with what happened in anyway,a full building is standing and we are just saying things as if the building entirely is down,well it has happen and I really accept my fault but don't make things look like I've killed someone,I know better eng than people here have made mistakes too so pls let's be straight,that's the pix of what I've done so far

Oga eghosajohnny, go to Ondo complete the remedial work and post pictures of completed work! A building is a sum of its parts. So, if a part suffers, you know what that means… Well done.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by semitunde: 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
allen0000:

This is a little better than your previous statement, though it may still not be factual. Its not all builders or engrs that showcase their works here.

There are quite a few guys that I even know of who are not into showcasing their works. I for instance, have been working since 2007 and (by Gods grace) have not really had a break totaling up to 2months. Maybe its laziness but I prefer gisting in the politics section.

Life has thought me to be myself always, and that includes not trying to force a gift I don't have. Hence, I prefer being one of the readers on here, quietly observing and respecting the good works of others. There are many other like me on this forum trust me.

P.S. pls o! I'm looking for a supplier of packaged water treatment plant. Not plant making packed (plastic bottled) water o! An ensuite water treatment plant if I may say so.

2 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
eghosajohnny:

I'm a witness that you tried your best on this Job but you miss this parapet big time, i told you when i came on board, we yorubas use to say ko si awo kan lawo epa, it meaning there is nothing hidden under the sun that can't be expose, i appreciate you for accepting your fault this is what doctor was asking for not shifting blames, when you shift blames you look foolish, which is bad for this profession, my grand father use to tell me that what will make someone great can sometime fall someone but you as a man must rise to the challenges, the only thing our clients need from us all working and getting contract through this medium is unquestionable service delivery.

So you need to apologize to Dr if you are mature so we can move ahead.

regards

Adeniyi
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
semitunde:

This is a little better than your previous statement, though it may still not be factual. Its not all builders or engrs that showcase their works here.

There are quite a few guys that I even know of who are not into showcasing their works. I for instance, have been working since 2007 and (by Gods grace) have not really had a break totaling up to 2months. Maybe its laziness but I prefer gisting in the politics section.

Life has thought me to be myself always, and that includes not trying to force a gift I don't have. Hence, I prefer being one of the readers on here, quietly observing and respecting the good works of others. There are many other like me on this forum trust me.

P.S. pls o! I'm looking for a supplier of packaged water treatment plant. Not plant making packed (plastic bottled) water o! An ensuite water treatment plant if I may say so.
sure there are others like me who jus
if you don't show case what you do how can it be scrutinize for betterment and more job, continue hidding yourself under the pillow, GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
brabus:

Oga eghosajohnny, go to Ondo complete the remedial work and post pictures of completed work! A building is a sum of its parts. So, if a part suffers, you know what that means… Well done.
SECUNDUS
Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by eghosajohnny: 8:01pm On Aug 09, 2015

Sir adventure the article you wrote has nothing to do with what happened in anyway,a full building is standing and we are just saying things as if the building entirely is down,well it has happen and I really accept my fault but don't make things look like I've killed someone,I know better eng than people here have made mistakes too so pls let's be straight,that's the pix of what I've done so far and to crown it all I'm not a scam or a fraud if someone doesn't work for someone again though not like this does not make that person a fraud the job I did in ebonyi the lowest I'm paid there is 3m and I use it for there work the preson I owe is electrician and I stiill have balance with doctor

I don't take clients money GOD forbid I just don't like the way things are going that's why I left thast all.I will talk to my carpenter tomorrow on how he will come board the parapet and when you say desperation on getting a job all that is wrong,I came to the forum new and didn't know how to go about it that was when I was on peoples thread and after I new I stoped even before I got the first job I stopped all that.

Re: SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
brabus:

PLEASE TELL HIM IS HOLDING SOME PEOPLE DOWN REGARDS TO THE PROJECT INCLUDING HIMSELF AND THE OWNER OF PROJECT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum / Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants / Ikeja Gra Mansion For 475 Milion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.