Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas (25063 Views)

Why Are Some Guys Begging Ladies On Social Media For Their Unclad Pix? / Ladies, At What Stage Of A Relationship Will You Do This? (see Photo) / She Is Married But Keeps Begging Me For Sex- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by soloqy: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2009
If they could afford the ticket for the movie or even transportation to that place, couldnt they afford popcorn as well?

I think it was just an excuse to get to meet/know you. Am not encouraging girls begging around but maybe you are not telling us exactly how it happened.

I cant imagine a girl walking up to me at the Galleria or Shopright and outrightly asking me to buy something for her without my saying hi or acknowledging her presence in some way.

I just dont believe they would walk up and ask you to buy something.

Maybe you started a conversation or gave an inviting look or something.

and why is this topic in the romance section?
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by johnnygan(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2009
soloqy:

Maybe you started a conversation or gave an inviting look or something

Bros forget Joooooooooooooooo
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by rotimy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2009
soloqy:

If they could afford the ticket for the movie or even transportation to that place, couldnt they afford popcorn as well?

I think it was just an excuse to get to meet/know you. Am not encouraging girls begging around but maybe you are not telling us exactly how it happened.

I cant imagine a girl walking up to me at the Galleria or Shopright and outrightly asking me to buy something for her without my saying hi or acknowledging her presence in some way.

I just dont believe they would walk up and ask you to buy something.

Maybe you started a conversation or gave an inviting look or something.

and why is this topic in the romance section?

I obtained a ticket of an evening movie titled WATCHMAN. After buying pop-corn and drink, I was about to enter the movie room when a lady's voice said EXCUSE ME SIR! The only thing I said when I turned was YES CAN I HELP YOU?. She said something about waiting for a friend and wouldn't mind a pop-corn and a drink! She looked well-dressed and I handed five hundred naira to her. She thanked me and demanded for my phone number which I declined to give her. Since then I have met two others saying the same thing. I decided to warn real gentlemen to steer clear from them. In this days of violent robberies, kidnappings and other crime, those ladies might mess up a gentleman.
I put the post in a romance section because by demanding my phone number, i guess she wants to be romantically linked with me!
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by tbaba83(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2009
some things never change. naijaboys will always talk shit about naijagals, real good joke mr poster, lol
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by donciccio: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2009
bros nxt time u go there try arranging 2 pack, 1 with popcorn and the other with raw corn, if they request again dash them the raw corn pack and fade,

Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by studio43(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2009
silverbird galleria, HEAR I COME grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by server34(m): 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2009
studio43:

silverbird galleria, HEAR I COME grin cheesy cheesy

Telling u man. . . I can't wait. Them go chop popcorn tire!
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2009
Haba abeg u yab sha make babes do the chicking because m brother it is not easy being alone
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by studio43(m): 9:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
“What most men desire is a virgin who is a LovePeddler.” grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by larayat(f): 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2009
quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by eyonigger(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2009
Chai!!, False and formulated topic to me. Mabinu poster.
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by CyberG: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2009
With the way this thread is moving from 'strength-to-strength'. . .some Naija guy go soon go buy all the pop-corn wey dey for galleria grin grin grin for dem babes oo. . .

See people dey hustle!! shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by DoubleN(m): 12:15am On Apr 02, 2009
Poverty of the mind,what a pity!
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by SisiJinx: 12:40am On Apr 02, 2009
@ Topic

Decent Bara
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by osisi2(f): 12:47am On Apr 02, 2009
wow sisijinx,where have you been?
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by chamotex(m): 12:53am On Apr 02, 2009
Pop corn?? That's all??
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by Sauron1: 12:57am On Apr 02, 2009
chamotex:

Pop corn?? That's all??

Well. . . . . . .It seems thatz all.
Who says 'Manna' don't fall anymore??
See awoof chics. . . . . . . . .Maybe i should call ma travel agent. wink
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by chamotex(m): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Well. . . . . . .It seems thatz all.
Who says 'Manna' don't fall anymore??
See awoof chics. . . . . . . . .Maybe i should call ma travel agent. wink

I've already booked ma ticket. BOGOF grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by congoshine(m): 6:43am On Apr 02, 2009
rotimy:

Yesterday was the 3rd time I was approached by a well dressed lady at Silverbird cinemas @ VI Lagos, pleading for pop-corn. It seems to me that these ladies carefully select their targets, a well dressed man who is alone. Their claims are that they run out of money or waiting for a relative or a friend! I think it is wrong for a lady to stop so low and beg for pop corns.2 weeks ago, I gave the first one money for pop corn out of ignorance. She move to level two by asking for my phone numbers! Real gentlemen, BEWARE!

Kindly learn to identify prostitutes whenever you are approached. . . . . .,ok? grin grin grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by Em2va: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2009
Omo, shun oh, this is the reality of the global financial crises! Though, popcorn? why not Iya Basira's buka
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by fender(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2009
lets blame it on the economic meltdown. Ladies ve to device new means of making some dough more especially as the number of men that bo
for a fling has reduced drastically. grin grin grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by emiemi(f): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2009
@Poster
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I knew if I quickly check nairaland before work starts in full swing, i'll have a laff or two.

This sure is a funny one.

On the other hand, this is to all the men in da house, BEWARE of such ladies for they
are full of rottenness on the inside (although appeal to you from the outside (Marykay)).
Flee fast when they approach u!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by lovereigns(f): 9:27am On Apr 02, 2009
i dont want to believe its that bad, or could it be?
God have mercy.
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by alex406(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2009
Isn't that idea portraying how cheap the lady is?
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by sley4life(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2009
some self dey wear puddah take cover themselve still de approach. I don meet 1 ninja wey come toast me. She be cover all he body including her face, as u knw some islamic mode of dressin for ladies, i wander hw that kind person go ask me 2 buy popcorn for her wey i no fit see who i dey buy am for

1 Like

Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by mayrho(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2009
Begging for popcorn when they can rifle through the bins for leftovers?!

Na wa oo!
You harsh oo abi na wetin u dey do be dt grin grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by abhosts(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2009
The response this thread has received shows how oblivious many people are with regards to modern day prostitution in Nigeria. Wake up and smell the coffee. Campus babes have taken this business to a new level. The popcorn thing is just a bait to know whether the guy is a stingy or a generous fellow. Evidently, to show that he was a good prospect, she requested for his phone number shortly after.

These girls are mostly university girls looking for customers. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by ohaechesi(m): 10:08am On Apr 02, 2009
folks, what is wrong about a gal asking for popcorn as a means of showing his admiration to a guy. listen, gal walks up to a guy and approach the guy she likes here. Africans should vegetate and stop making meanings out of nothing
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by larayat(f): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2009
pple,av also been approached by a guy 4 adrink too
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by peeep: 10:26am On Apr 02, 2009
Am surprised some people are saying that this is not true.  This is just another of the ladies tactics to start-up a conversation. Somewhere along the line, a deal would be struck.  They may succeed in getting the pop-corn, watch free film, stay a night or more (depending on your financial ability) with you. Some of them are thieves. At the end of the day, they willl rob you. If they offer to buy the corn for the guys, they may turn down the offer.  So they have opted to ask for it.  Some stay in bus stops asking for free ride to nowhere in particular.  The first thing is to get into the car, other things will follow.  I have witnessed a situation where a man gave a lady a ride.  When she got to her destination, she refused to come down from car until the man pays her for the sex services she rendered.  The scene attracted a large crowd and the man out of shame paid for nothing.  These ladies are terrible.  They devise several dubious means of making money.  They dress well so as to avoid any suspicion.  I have witnessed several of their fake tactics. MEN PLEASE STAY AWAY. They are professionals in their chosen career.
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by azeeza(f): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2009
the desperate once are d using dis tactic,if u fall mugu oyo lo wa.so guy beware[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/size][size=8pt][/color][color=#990000] grin
Re: Pop-corn Begging Ladies At The Silverbird Cinemas by rotimy(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2009
emiemi:

@Poster
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I knew if I quickly check nairaland before work starts in full swing, i'll have a laff or two.

This sure is a funny one.

On the other hand, this is to all the men in da house, BEWARE of such ladies for they
are full of rottenness on the inside (although appeal to you from the outside (Marykay)).
Flee fast when they approach u!! cheesy cheesy
Thanks my Sister! I am worried only that some men are joking with a serious matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Shocking Whatsapp Conversation Between A Guy And His Married Ex-girlfriend / Obonnoma Water Party In Rivers State (Photos) / Is It Ethical For A Lady To Go On Dates While In Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.