Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? (52887 Views)

On A Scale Of 1-5 Rate Pmb's Performance / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / President Buhari's Media Chat (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by amg123: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2015
ooohhhh!!!! thank God he didnt say stealing is corruption. oh before i forget the goat didnt heat the yam.i will rate PMB Speech at 65% cox only God gets 100%
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by 247Dior(m): 12:23am On Dec 31, 2015
Duru009:
I will give him 2/10.
He evaded most of the techanical questns ask him by the media.
1.The issue of naira crunch wre nigerian cannt evn use their cards to make transaction abroad, he was totally confuse n didnt knw what to answer.
2. Even on the issue of appointment and marginalisation he was totally confuded. And also on the issue bodering on the masses. Couldnt give a cogent reasons.

Well. He has tried. Since this is his first media chat. It seems he doesnt rilly know what is happening in the country.

It was fair though..........
and how will he know what is happening in Nigeria when he is bussy flying around the globe.... did u see y we need his certificate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by martineverest(m): 12:24am On Dec 31, 2015
Ujulabelle:

Are u sure u watched it bcs if u did, u wouldn't say he virtually answered all his questions. To be sincere, our president was answering another questions he devised by himself. He did not understand virtually all the questions addressed to him b4 jumping into it 2 give his answers. Imagine saying that he has declared his assests four times and taking us to when he was a military governor, military president and so on where as the question addressed to him was his present assets declaration. Anyone who says he answers his questions well is a dunce.
from your name, no need to argue with I'd.iots.... President have cleared your doubt on Biafra. Your albino brother will rot in jail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by mikolo80: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2015
iconaus:
10% not a presidential material Nigeria needs in 21 century. He has old mentality of governance.
who has the new mentality. I dare you to mention him or her

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Inspectahdeck(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2015
He was spot on with his answer about devaluing the Naira. A country devalve it's currency against a booming industry either manufacturing or power etc. For trading/importation like the president stated, do you want him to devalue the Naira against another country's currency. He also gave example with developed countries and how they devalue their currency against industries.

On the dollar limitations he stated that Nigeria has no dollar in the market. That is our reality so let's face it and improve our economy locally and forget about importing toothpick, rice etc.

vislabraye:
What response did he give when asked about the limitation pkaced on dollars that's affecting innocent businessmen. No sensible answer
They asked him dies he plan to devalue the naira ? His response : Do you expect me to devalue the naira against dollars, or pounds or Francs ?
I don't know how people get to rate him 7/10 . I peay you don't perform lije this in an interview.

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Inspectahdeck(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2015
God almighty, Higher institutions include polytechnic, colleges of education, universities etc. Therefore, he might mean universities and other higher institutions.

sawhite:
He said 'universities' and higher 'institutions', that my friend is english sabotage,that man is truly clueless.

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by amayodimeji: 12:39am On Dec 31, 2015
undiplomatic?, I wonder what you would have said if he had lied and made up rubbish story about happenings, I know you wouldn't accept him now but time will tell...c'mon people...dnt preach diplomacy, it not innocent...
CaaseStudy:
3/10

Coudnt give a straight forward answer all through.
I think he needs to do some sacking cause he wasnt abreast with the happenings in his government and had little grounding on the economy and forex issues. We are used to his inarticulate nature of speaking but little knowledge of his government workings is a no no.

I also think he was too rash and undiplomatic with his replies to the Igbo marginalization issue and the question on kanu was emotionally and poorly answered. He still cuts a dictatorial image and needs to work on that. MHO

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Sttropez2: 12:45am On Dec 31, 2015
Nigerians are never satisfied..such a pity. Always having ethnicity in minds. Sad sad

5 Likes

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by mikolo80: 12:46am On Dec 31, 2015
macfarland:
This slowpoke called Buhari is just a tyrant. He has made it clear to the entire world saying in his first Presidential Media Chat today 30th December 2015, that the Court is useless and Judges and the judiciary are made of fools who don't know their left from their right. That's what Buhari’s comment reproduced below suggests. Buhari shamefully said that the court doesn't know the case against Nnamdi Kanu. That he would continue to detain him inspite of Court Judgements to the contrary. When he was asked about the continuous detention of Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari said,
"If you see the atrocities those committed against this country, we can't allow them to jump bail."
So releasing someone who had been granted bail by a court of competent jurisdiction and who has fulfiled his bail conditions amount to jumping bail? Is there no longer separation of powers between the Executive and Judiciary?
Is it for Buhari to determine how to stop someone from jumping bail or the court to set conditions for bail and that of forestalling the skipping of bail?
Can someone please tell me that this is not happening in Somalia where anarchy reigns.
By that comment, Buhari has elevated himself to the Emperor of Nigeria; he has become the President, Chief Justice, Attorney General of the Federation and Chief Prosecutor. This is real mess.
Buhari is simply trying to cajole and intimidate the Court so that they will begin to dance to his tunes. He is sending a clear message and veiled threat to the judiciary " give me judgment at all cost whether l merit it or not, if not, l will not obey your orders and you can go to hell Court".
Even military governments in the 21st century has not gone this far in dictatorial inclination.
Where are the NBA, Human Rights campaigners and the international community who foisted this man on Nigeria?
The time to call him to order from his recklessness and excessiveness is now before he plunges an already confused country into a constitutional crisis of unimaginable proportions.
If Buhari thinks that what he said, what he did or what he will do, will make the Biafran agitation die down, he is 100% wrong. He lacks dynamisim of a leader.
His action, statement and body language will rather embolden the agitators, strengthen them and make more converts for them who will give him headache and become natural opposition and give him pains. Shame!
The danger of continual incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu is obvious, his followers might become radicalised. Buhari should know that Boko Haram became violent after Mohammed Yusuf it's founder was killed. May history not repeat itself negatively. No man born of flesh can stop the restoration of Biafra.
do the judiciary look competent to you.
the fact that the NBA is silent should tell you they agree with him.
desperate times call for desperate measures.
this is Nigeria not Yankee or UK.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by ladenz(m): 12:48am On Dec 31, 2015
Nawa o. I couldn't watch the Media chat and I came here to get an idea of how it went. However almost everybody seems to be judging based on emotions and previously held opinions. Where is the objectivity

What I can deduce from the thread ( I didn't read everything) is that Buhari gave clear and intelligent answers on some issues but didn't seem to have enough background knowledge to answer other questions. He also wasn't able to express himself with finesse like other world leaders.

Can someone who is neutral please confirm if I am right

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by tuniski: 12:50am On Dec 31, 2015
MrLexander:
You all need to go check on twitter to see how APC E-Rats are hyping and praising the man over just NOTHING.. this people are all JUDAS AND JOSEPH..A PORRIDGE OF YAM CAN MAKE DEM SELL THEIR LIFE..
you are right aisha hosted them preparatory to this underwhelming media chat. Now they are working for their jollof ricee and brown envelope! We are scammed!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by johhnnie(m): 12:51am On Dec 31, 2015
macfarland:
This slowpoke called Buhari is just a tyrant. He has made it clear to the entire world saying in his first Presidential Media Chat today 30th December 2015, that the Court is useless and Judges and the judiciary are made of fools who don't know their left from their right. That's what Buhari’s comment reproduced below suggests. Buhari shamefully said that the court doesn't know the case against Nnamdi Kanu. That he would continue to detain him inspite of Court Judgements to the contrary. When he was asked about the continuous detention of Sambo Dasuki and Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari said,
"If you see the atrocities those committed against this country, we can't allow them to jump bail."
So releasing someone who had been granted bail by a court of competent jurisdiction and who has fulfiled his bail conditions amount to jumping bail? Is there no longer separation of powers between the Executive and Judiciary?
Is it for Buhari to determine how to stop someone from jumping bail or the court to set conditions for bail and that of forestalling the skipping of bail?
Can someone please tell me that this is not happening in Somalia where anarchy reigns.
By that comment, Buhari has elevated himself to the Emperor of Nigeria; he has become the President, Chief Justice, Attorney General of the Federation and Chief Prosecutor. This is real mess.
Buhari is simply trying to cajole and intimidate the Court so that they will begin to dance to his tunes. He is sending a clear message and veiled threat to the judiciary " give me judgment at all cost whether l merit it or not, if not, l will not obey your orders and you can go to hell Court".
Even military governments in the 21st century has not gone this far in dictatorial inclination.
Where are the NBA, Human Rights campaigners and the international community who foisted this man on Nigeria?
The time to call him to order from his recklessness and excessiveness is now before he plunges an already confused country into a constitutional crisis of unimaginable proportions.
If Buhari thinks that what he said, what he did or what he will do, will make the Biafran agitation die down, he is 100% wrong. He lacks dynamisim of a leader.
His action, statement and body language will rather embolden the agitators, strengthen them and make more converts for them who will give him headache and become natural opposition and give him pains. Shame!
The danger of continual incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu is obvious, his followers might become radicalised. Buhari should know that Boko Haram became violent after Mohammed Yusuf it's founder was killed. May history not repeat itself negatively. No man born of flesh can stop the restoration of Biafra.

Oga, He is the current Pesident of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and as such has more information about the country more than any person or groups of persons and with experience, he knows what is best for this country at the moment being at the helms. We are like spectators in this game of fight against corruption, treason and so on. It is easy to jump bail with the thrill in the Nigeria judiciary. Why was Major Mustapha kept In prison until the end of OBJ's tenure. There will always be collateral damages depending on the side of the coin one belongs. Don't you think that it's possible that, there are intelligence report linking the former NSA with funding terrorism and if released on bail, he might jumbo bail and move to Syria. The case of the late Allams is still fresh. The truth, is governance is tough. It's like the case of football match, where, spectators believes they know better than the actual players on the pitch. Obama campaigned before his first term that upon assumption of office, he would close the guantanamo bay as well as repatriate US marines from Iraq. The same Obama is about ending his 2nd tenure while the guantanamo bay is still open. I believe that security briefings received by executive heads all over the world, act to change their thought flow pattern cum mindset. He is the Class captain; standing on the shoulders of every Nigerian as such can see farther than each and every one at the moment. Even though, he we support his weight. In summary, it is easier to give pieces of advice to political of holders because, we either believe that we know it all or we believe they steering in the wrong direction. However, bros, believe me , if we are in their positions ; which I do not envy at , we may be worse off. What we need now is what we have gotten in PMB " sincerity of purpose and altruistic nationalism" More so, he Is experienced having been there in time past and also matured and also not after the frivolities of life again. He is like an entrepreneur wanting to take his business globally; while thinking locally but acting globally. Nigerian problems deserve first, home grown solutions. In the Western world, 1+1 = 2 in more than 80% of the time but in Nigeria, across all sectors, this is is a mirage. So, please, it Is painful at the moment but, there is no gain without pain. The foundation has to be laid somehow. I support IPOB and or whatever group that has agitations under what ever guise but not when someone keeps his family in a relatively safe/sane country like the UK with dual Nationalities and comes here to send me and my family to protest bare chested on metropolitan roads without food nor water. He secured a good future for himself and family elsewhere but rants on airwaves about burning down his father invariably talking massacre of fellow Nigerians. I will take him more seriously if he had denounced his UK citizenship, come down to Nigeria with his family and also place every member of his immediate family at the forefront of agitations/ protests. I also know that in the mind of every rebel leader, their is a hidden agenda/ ulterior motive which often times are carried to the grave. My dear people, the destiny of this country, lies in our hands and permit me to say that, we did not inherit the past from our fathers but borrowed them from the generations yet unborn.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by SHAIBULIAR: 12:52am On Dec 31, 2015
10 over 10 for baba jo,haters should do the needful...........die

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari's rating is very very poor with the following points.
1, No solution for present economy situation, locked down dollar/foreign currency flow awaiting power and rail projects. No economic team or
initiative on how to improve exports.

2, No respect for judiciary process.
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Lytech:
Poor as expected...
He find it difficult to speak correct english,dats y he skip almost all d question
thats y ur destiny is so poor
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by PHIPEX(m): 12:57am On Dec 31, 2015
I felt embarrassed that this is the best to lead a nation of over 170million. He has turned himself to a prosecutor and the judge. On one hand he said there is no evidence that the judges are currupt but turns around to say the judges in the court doesn't know their job.

Obviously, he has said it on national TV that any judgement that doesn't fit his percieved notion will be discarded. This is when I miss Gani Fawehinmi, we have a tyrant in Aso Rock.

On the new budget, he seemed not to know anything about it, imagine telling us the judiciary will check the budget of the legislature?

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Jwestik: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2015
Excellent chat from our change president

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by tuniski: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2015
Poor, incoherent and a display of impunity! Democracy is alien to him and clueless on d economy!!!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Adminisher: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2015
ladenz:
Nawa o. I couldn't watch the Media chat and I came here to get an idea of how it went. However almost everybody seems to be judging based on emotions and previously held opinions. Where is the objectivity

What I can deduce from the thread ( I didn't read everything) is that Buhari gave clear and intelligent answers on some issues but didn't seem to have enough background knowledge to answer other questions. He also wasn't able to express himself with finesse like other world leaders.

You are wrong. How many world leaders do you know?. He expressed himself properly.
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Naijiant: 1:04am On Dec 31, 2015
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by vislabraye(m): 1:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Inspectahdeck:
He was spot on with his answer about devaluing the Naira. A country devalve it's currency against a booming industry either manufacturing or power etc. For trading/importation like the president stated, do you want him to devalue the Naira against another country's currency. He also gave example with developed countries and how they devalue their currency against industries.

On the dollar limitations he stated that Nigeria has no dollar in the market. That is our reality so let's face it and improve our economy locally and forget about importing toothpick, rice etc.

I'm not saying he should devalue our currency. What I'm saying is the way he puts it. It shows that he doesn't have a grasp of of the economy.

Nigeria does not have dollars in the market because of the artificial limitations he put on it. He did this to punish politicians but he's punishibg Nigerians. Before taking certain actions, he should look at the pros and cons. You wouldn't find ut funny if you have to travel abroad for either school and health care and your bank refuses to release your money.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by emmansctx: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2015
Hallams:
5/10 he wasnt given confirm questions to answer
you should have given him confirm one
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by vislabraye(m): 1:27am On Dec 31, 2015
ladenz:

You will have to listen to him speak to draw your full conclusion ie first hand experience and not hearsay.
But I'll tell you the little I gathered.
The interviewer asked him about the limitation placed on the dollars that have made many people stranded. Buhari said it will remin like that. He further went on to say how he intends to build industry, fight insurgency etc.
On asking if he plans to devalue the Naira. He said no, which was a good response. He later went on to say, " how am I expected to devalue the Naira against the dollars, or against the pounds or Francs ?
On the issue of Igbo being marginalized, he said and the rise of Ipob. He said, "I don't know what this people want." He further went on to say minister of petroleum resources is Igbo, minister of Science and Technology and CBN governor are all Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by preselect(m): 1:35am On Dec 31, 2015
[size=16pt]when i called him terrohammadu booharrie people said i was harsh, today he wants to negotiate with the authentic leader of boko haram which has killed over 10, 000 nigerians while locking up a radio talk show host who toxically but verbally opposes everything he stands for.
he has also refused to obey court orders,

this beast. . . this terrorist . . . .this presidiot the you people have in Aso Rock. . is gradually bringing out his dictatorial self. . .

we are watching. .

#TerrohammaduBooharie[/size]

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by MrCEO69(m): 1:41am On Dec 31, 2015
Nigeria is Indeed #DIVIDED

SOME ARE SAY 100% WHILE OTHERS ARE SAYING 0%

chai!
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Roks(m): 1:48am On Dec 31, 2015
nnafather:
ZERO...And I was too generous with marks. You see why we needed his certificate? Good. Carryover president.

Mehn you harsh oh, na your full president and you still talk say you dey generous cheesy
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Cjinbox: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2015
I score him 1/10, he speaks like person way no get tongue... Buhari go back to school. Olodo
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Cjinbox: 1:50am On Dec 31, 2015
I score him 1/10, he speaks like person way no get tongue... Olodo go back to school. Olodo
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by Lytech(m): 1:53am On Dec 31, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
thats y ur destiny is so poor
is there any problem in you expressing ur mind?
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:57am On Dec 31, 2015
vicmela:
He tried but gej does it well
You mean the same GEJ whose media chats were full of breaks in which he was given expos?

1 Like

Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:58am On Dec 31, 2015
80%
Re: How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? by magicminister: 2:25am On Dec 31, 2015
I didn't watch it.
Bleep his speech.
You see, inwill not be deceived by words or "I promise to" again.
All I want to seen is action and right now, the only action we seeing is the billions of dollars he budgeted for bmw.

Lol!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

David Mark’s Daughter, Blessing Onuh Dumps PDP After Losing Reps Ticket / Photos Of President Buhari,Osinbajo As they Resume In Their Offices / Abducted Kaduna-Abuja Train Passengers Regain Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.